oo1

White Sets Tend to (Not) Hide Stains

Clicks of the lean man’s camera echoed through the white set of his personal photography studio in Vogue’s skyrise in New York City. A model was seen in red sashes, trying as hard as she could to pose ually, although it was not quite working out for her. Brittany Hugh was her name, barely reaching the height of five feet six, and sickly skinny. A model who was able to pass every photographers standards with flying colors, well all except for Oh Sehun’s.  

There was just something about her that the youngest male photographer of Vogue Magazine just did not appeal to. It could have been that she was not that pretty as people had described her as, or something else; he just couldn't put his finger on it.  

He thought of her as a very average woman, but her ego was gigantic compared to anyone else Sehun had ever come across. Sehun did not even know he could get so irritated with a person. But Ms. Hugh was able to convince him otherwise.

Finally fed up with the woman, he gave a guttural sigh, causing his chest to rise and fall exaggeratedly. He set down his camera, causing her attention to flock towards him.

“Is there something wrong Mr. Oh?” a small nasally annoying voice that drove him up a wall asked. He took another rather large breath, and held it in for a few seconds before letting it out with his eyes closed. .

“Nothing.” He answered coldly towards her and brushed out the wrinkles in his pale blue shirt.  He shook his head, a common habit of his to clear his mind, and let out yet another exaggerated breath, one of the only ways to keep his anger capped when he was downright irritated.

In the back of his mind he knew the only reason why this model signed up for this job was so she could get laid, her body language was reeking it. Pathetic he thought as he ran a hand through his newly dyed strawberry blonde hair. Rumors will always be rumors he shook his head yet again clearing his thoughts. He was referring to every single woman who would come into this studio and try to be alluring for a chance to get laid by the youngest and most attractive photographer in vogue. But in reality they were only further embarrassing themselves.

Oh Sehun, the youngest photographer to have a full time job at the famous photography company was extraordinarily skillful. He graduated from Harvard University with only a bachelor's degree in Photography arts, but was still able to take better photos than most of the seniors at his company.

The only problem with him was that Sehun was a cold, aual man; a hidden fact about himself. Although, it was not a secret that he was void of any emotions towards anyone. Sehun always thought he had been aual, and always would be, in his mind it was never quite a question, it was a statement.  He had never been interested in another being, aroused, or even attracted towards someone, thus having these thoughts deemed more than appropriate he would convince himself.

His parents called him ‘blank from birth’ which in his mind as hardly adequate. Sehun simply did not want to share his feelings. He had no need to do so, since it had not been an important thing to him. Sehun had always locked away his feelings, and always had quite literally thrown away the key.

Looking at the woman once more, he scoffed. “I’m finished.” He stated, and started to pack up his things. He decided that he had more than enough of this woman, the whole entire shoot she was not able to give him what he needed; well its not like anyone did ever.

Without another word he turned to leave the studio, but before he was able to exit through the double doors  a small greedy hand pulled him back, and turned him around a hundred and eighty degrees. He looked down at the short woman who was still not dressed, only in the red sashes that she wore in the shoot. “Wait… uh.. Mr.Oh I thought you were going to stay to help me with someth-” Sehun down right tisked in the woman’s face “Ms. Hugh, if you had any indication that I am here to have with you, you’re clearly mistaken.” He answered the woman, his words piercing like ice shards.

She stared at him in shock, clearly not understanding why he was able to withstand her ual looks. A silence settled upon them for awhile before she spoke.

“I-I don’t understand..I tried so hard” she said, and stared at him with large glassy eyes. “What did you not understand Ms. Hugh? This is my professional business. I am clear about what I said.  I. Am. Not. Interested. In. Having. . With. You.” he almost had screamed in her face. He quickly turned around, and straightened out his dress shirt, taking control of his anger.  “Have a good day Ms. Hugh.” He called out to her, his words stinging like venom.

As he left his room nearly slamming the light beige door in anger, a newly hired apprentice stumbled upon him. His eyes widening larger than they already are as he noticed he had nearly tripped upon his superior, not even taking notice of how angry he was. “D-did you get the photos you needed for next weeks spread Mr. Oh?” the employee asked, suddenly over conscious of his body, looked down at his feet, and started fiddling with the bottom of his dress shirt. Sehun looked at the employee’s name tag, and gave him a short pat on the shoulder. “Not quite.. Just make sure Ms. Hugh leaves, and does not return. Can I trust you with this task Kyungsoo?” Sehun asked the owl eyed man softly. “Y-yes sir.” Kyungsoo nodded, his face still towards the ground. Sehun nodded, and took his sweater off of the coat rack, and called out to the floor manager as he stepped into the stainless steel elevator,  “I’ll be back in awhile. I’m taking my break now.”

 

Oh Sehun was a cold man.

 

He was told that constantly by bosses, employees, friends, and family. Even as a child, he was a boy who only spoke a few words. Sehun never felt the need to express himself. His face always remained the same, clear, calm, and void of emotions. ‘His eyes had trouble lighting up’ His mother would say. ‘Unless he was taking photographs.’

After he had left the building, He wandered aimlessly through the streets of New York City, looking for somewhere to eat. He needed his mind off of that wasted photoshoot. He shook his head, clearing himself of his thoughts, and stepped into a small family owned restaurant. He snached a newspaper from the side of the wall, and headed over to a small table booth at the back of the restaurant. He sat down and immediately opened the paper to the photography portion of the paper.

He started scanning through the main headings of the pages, finding out that new film museums had opened up in the area, and so on and so forth . He sighed and waved to the waiter over to order a cup of coffee, which was brought to him right away.

“Uhm.. Excuse me.” Sehun heard a deep melodic voice calling for his attention. He turned his body slowly, not quite believing someone could own a voice such as that one. All his life he had had trouble listening to peoples voices since he always thought they were rough and scraggy. As he turned, he could not stop his heart from beating faster. His eyes invaded the one who had called him, and his heart almost whimpered at the sight.

The man’s skin was a honey color that looked almost edible, and his eyes were a deep chocolate brown, taking Sehun’s breath away. His lips were plush, and a thought of kissing him passed through Sehun’s mind, along with having those lips around his-. Sehun shook his head, trying to get that thought away. But his imagination was interrupted by the voice again.

“I couldn't help but see you look at the photography page, and I thought that.. uh.. I.. well..” The tanned man stuttered. “D-do you know anything about photography? Or even where I could start my career? I could maybe.. I could-” “Yes!” Sehun practically yelled, startling himself, and the other.  “Uh.. well.. I think we can arrange something to be of help to you.” He caught himself quickly before he gave himself away too quickly.

The tanned man immediately opened his mouth in a full smile. “Really? Do you think you could help me?” He asked, starting to talk a mile a minute. Sehun’s heart just about melted on the spot. “I think I can.” he answered the other, surprising himself with his calm voice.

The man instantly lit up, and held out his hand. “I forgot to introduce myself, My name is Kim Jongin. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Sehun blinked a few times before responding himself, and put out his hand to shake the other’s. “Oh Sehun, same.”

Jongin’s eyes went wide as Sehun said his name. “O-oh Sehun, as in Vogue's youngest photographer... That Oh Sehun?” Sehun took a sip from his black coffee, and nodded. “That would indeed be me, although half the things you know about me are not true.” He scoffed, remembering the incident from earlier today. The young man, Jongin, stiffened and then nodded. Sehun only looked at him oddly. “I’m still a person, be yourself around me” he said calmly, and did not have to force a smile for once. Jongin shyly nodded, and sheepishly smiled back. “You don't even know how big of a fan I am.” Sehun chuckled “Oh really now?” Jongin simply shook his head furiously, and could not keep the smile off his face now. “You don't even know”

Maybe Sehun was not as cold as he thought he was.