Chapter 1;

Love Like Fairytale;

                Son Naeun have been living in her fairy tale world for almost 23 years. And was it a crime to her for not being married yet? It’s not that important to get married now for her. No, not until she finally find her true love; The Prince Charming of her dream. Being an addict of the fairy tale world, she owns a bookstore where all of the fairytale books exist. It’s a paradise to her. One of the most important thing to her in this world. The bookstore is her world. She might sounded crazy but that’s how it is.

                It’s all started during her childhood days, her mother always told her a story about Cinderella before she went to sleep. And after hearing the Cinderella story, she begged for the other stories. That’s how she learnt about how Sleeping Beauty woke up from her beautiful sleep by a true love kiss, how Snow White was freed from the curse of her wicked step-mother and how the Mermaid Princess sacrificed herself to save her Prince. It’s all started from there; She always love to spent her times with the fairytale books that her mother bought to her, and yes she read them as if she was the protagonists. She loved them as it makes her felt like being in another world.

                Moreover, she was lucky to have a caring brother like Son Dongwoon, who didn’t bother to play the ‘princess-pirates’ game. Of course, Naeun would always play as the princess. They would always play at their spacious green garden, full of blossomed flowers along with her friends; Soojung, Jinri, Wendy and Seulgi. Those were her friends. They even made a bet about who will get married first in the future. And of course, Naeun would always said that she’s willing to wait for her Prince Charming. They’re close and shared all of the fairytales stuffs and played together. Dongwoon would be the prince and the others would be the pirates, keeping Naeun as their hostage since she was the princess. And Dongwoon will always save her like the story told in the fairytale books, while the others would be defeated in the prince’s hands. But it didn’t last long, the other girls need to grow up since they’re going to enter elementary school. Same goes to her. Yet she never stop dreaming to be a princess. She loves to be a princess, she always wanted a prince by herself. Sometimes, she didn’t understand. Why did people could leave the fairytale stories like so easily? But not her? To her, fairytales is her world. It was full of magical and heartwarming stories. Not to forget the happy endings. She loves happy endings. It brings happiness to her. But there’s something that she needs to realize; When people grows up, they changed. So does their way of thinking.

                It’s the only thing that Naeun still couldn’t realize. No, she was afraid to accept it. She was so afraid to leave the fairytale world that she’ve been living since her childhood days. There’s a lot of things that she shared with her late mother, in the fairytale world. It costs too much for her until she couldn’t even leave it. She enrolled in Edinburgh University in London just learn more about literature. And yes, she learnt a lot. She learnt how to appreciate the tales, how to even create the tales and how to feel the tales. And that’s how she decided to live with it.

                Eversince her mother died, she opened a bookstore named Secret Destiny, hoping that she would find her own destiny, here. In this place where she kept all the fairytale stories that she’ve been reading all of her life. She wants to help the other people to be inspired by the books. No — She wants them to live in it, experience the things like she did. Live in the book’s characters, feel them.

                As for the bookstore, she was grateful that her brother gave his full support to her. Dongwoon always came by to pay a visit. He always love his sister in whatever she did. And he will always support her, even though it might sound ridiculous to open up a place to help everyone to experience the fairytale world. People grows up, that’s what the matter. Sometimes, he might ended up worrying over his lovely and only younger sister but then, he usually get over with it. He wants to take care of since they only had each other. Their mother’s last wish was for him to take a good care of his younger sister. And he’s going to fulfill it.

                “Hey,” Naeun greeted as she saw the sight of her elder brother. She could see how amused the elder was when he stepped into the store. Well, since it’s finally winter she’ve been decorating the store with some candy canes for the Christmas. Not to forget the reindeers decoration on the wall, it looks so cute.

                The bookstore was big enough, almost looked like a library. Well, they’re lucky to be born in such a wealthy family. Eventhough their parents were gone, at least they still could proceed with their life. Anyway, Dongwoon was assigned as the President of their family's company as soon as he turned into 23. And now, he’s already 27 and had a family. He finally got married when he was 25, and after a year a baby boy was born. Naeun was totally happy to have a nephew.

                “Hi, sweetheart.” Dongwoon greeted her back, leaving a peck on her cheek. Naeun slightly chuckled, she always loved Dongwoon to treat her like a kid. It’s already like their routine when they met.

                “Where’s Hanwoo?” Naeun asked about her nephew’s whereabout. She pouted, probably knowing that her brother didn’t brought his son along.

                “Geez, oppa. You should bring him more often, I missed him a lot you know.” She whined while sipping to her cappuchino. It’s such a relieve to have a cafe in the bookstore. Well, she just came with the idea since it was winter. Anyway,  it feels nice to have a cafe-corner in this bookstore. At least, people could enjoy their reading while sipping to a cup of hot chocolate.

                “Nah, he needs to spend more time with his mom. You know how busy your sister-in-law, right?” Dongwoon said, pulling himself to a seat. Yes, Dongwoon was talking about his wife, Son Nana; One of the famous Korean fashion designers.

                “I heard that she’s going to Paris, soon. What a tough career.” Naeun felt quite sorry to her brother. Seems like they’re going to stay far away from each other again. It’s such a relief since her sister-in-law always spend her time with family whenever she got some free time. Phew, being a famous fashion designer was totally hard.

                “I’m okay with that. We’re going to pay a visit if there’s free time, later.” Dongwoon probably understand how tough his wife’s career was. It’s hard to be far away from each other. Moreover when they’ve already got a son to be taken care of.

                “Ah, anyway... I heard that Soojung is getting married,” Naeun almost choked on her cappuchino. Luckily that Dongwoon acted fast, he helped her to pat her back. Gosh, she almost lost it.

                “Soojung?” She mumbled with a very surprised expression on her face. Dongwoon slightly nodded. Naeun almost thought that her brother was joking but it seems no. Soojung was the one of her childhood friends. They’ve been lost contact when she left to America to pursue her studies in the Fashion major. And Naeun almost couldn’t believe what she heard. She knew how cold-hearted Soojung was yet she’s going to get married very soon.

 

                “You’re serious, don’t you?”

                “I’m freaking serious here, Son Naeun.”

                “Seems like I’m going to lost it.”

                “Lost what?”

                “The bet,”

 

                An unbelieveable expression was plastered on Dongwoon’s face. He almost couldn’t believe that his sister still thought the bet as something serious. Like seriously, they’re just little girls during that time. He bet that none of them would even remembered that, except for Naeun. Being a serious girl she was, she never miss little things.

                Naeun slammed her face on the table, her mind was reminiscing her friends’ wedding that she attended. The first one who got married was Jinri and followed up with Seulgi and Wendy. Eventhough they never mentioned about their childish bet, yet Naeun still remembered it clearly. And now, it’s almost over. Looks like she’s going to be the last one who’ll get married. She didn’t know why but it seems like a big deal to her.

                “Hey, why are you feeling so down?” Dongwoon nudged at his little sister. It would be the most ridiculous thing if Naeun took serious about the bet.

                “I’m going to be the last one who’ll get married... Among four of us,” Naeun said, totally feeling discouraged. In some ways, she still have a thought where she could find a suitable Prince Charming for herself. Naeun’s words brought Dongwoon to a huge laughter.

                “Now what? You’re worrying because you still haven’t got married?” Naeun slightly nodded. At some point, her brother was right.She’s worrying. Even though she’s still young, it’s the most suitable age for her to get married. The only problem was, she always thought that she’ll end up with a Prince Charming. And she didn’t found the Prince Charming yet.

                “You need to learn how to open your heart.” Dongwoon adviced, which she totally ignored it. You don’t need to open up yourself when it comes to true love. It would naturally opened up by itself.

                “Yeah, right.” She snorted. Dongwoon scoffed, his sister really needs to be brainwashed. Her addiction to fairytales were too much sometimes. She needs to realize that Prince Charming didn’t exist in this world and fairy-godmother won’t come to give her some glass slippers or even a fancy dress. But Dongwoon kept it by himself. He didn’t want her to be taken aback. All he hoped was that she’ll find happiness in her own world.

                Dongwoon left after few cups of hot chocolate. And it’s already 5PM in the evening. It’s time to close the bookstore. There weren’t so many customers today since the weather was quite frizzy and chilly. Naeun put on her thick black-coloured coat, alongside a red mafela. Her hands almost trembled when she struggled up to lock on the doors. Finally, she’s going home.

                She really enjoyed went to home by walking. Well, it’s such a convenient to have her apartment near with the store. She closed her eyes as the wind hit her face. Geez, it feels so chilly today. Her eyes wandered around her surroundings. Seoul District, the traffics were hectic. She always dreamt to have a big house, located near to the forest. Being surrounded by the green enviroment would be the best thing ever, it feels so peaceful. She should find a house like that in the future. Maybe after she had her own family? Sighs, she doesn’t even have a boyfriend. Duh, who needs boyfriend when all she needs was a Prince Charming.

                “Where are you, my dear Prince Charming?” She muttered under her breath, looking up to the blue sky. It’s such a relief that it wasn’t snowing yet. She stayed like that for a while, until her realization hits her when she bumped into someone. Which in addition, the person’s stuffs fell down. Man, she’s in trouble now.

                “Oh my, I’m sorry.” Of course, it would be the first thing that she said. And moreover, it’s such an unfortunate for her to bump a guy. Gosh, she almost cursed herself. The guy bent down to collect all of his stuffs, not even uttered a word which made Naeun felt quite nervous. Perhaps, he’s angry of her or annoyed?

                It didn’t took long for Naeun to bend and gave a hand to the guy. And she found something interesting about the guy’s stuffs. All of them were books. The fairytale books to be exact. It’s quite rare to see a guy to have them. Was he a person who loves to read fairytales too? His books were all her favourite; Peterpan, Romeo & Juliet, The Snow Queen tales and few Grimm’s tales. Hm, interesting.

                “Here,” She handed him the few books that she managed to pick up. The guy is slightly taller than her, a pair of spectacles covered his big rounded eyes. He had a beautiful heart-shaped lips which slightly flustered her a bit. The guy awkwardly pushed the bridge of his spectacles, his hands swiftly took the books from her.

                “Thanks.” He mouthed to her in a soft voice. She lightly nodded as she replied to him back. “Uh, sorry again.” The guy shook his head off, signing that it’s okay. He didn’t even mind about it. And with that, the guy walked off leaving her alone by the street. Naeun blinked her eyes for few times, almost couldn’t believe that the guy just left her like that. Usually, people would at least have a short conversation when it comes to the situation like this. Maybe like “Oh, can I buy you a coffee as an apologize?” But then when she thought about it, it’s impossible for her to do that. She’s not that friendly towards strangers. But still, it’s a good thing that she knew how to treat them properly.

                After for a while, she decided to went home quickly, she still got so many things to be done. Moreover, she needs to prepare herself for the reading session at her bookstore that will be held on this Friday. The kids loves her when she read because she would wear a Merlin costume with a hat, almost looked like a cosplay. And Naeun really enjoyed herself by doing that, she loves it to know that the kids enjoyed to listen to the fairytale stories.

 

               

                “I’m home.” She said she stepped into her apartment. It’s already been her routine to do that, eventhough she’ve been living alone for about 2 years now. Well, she had lived here for about 5 years. Before that, she lived with her closest cousin named Park Chorong. Anyway, after Chorong got married, she moved out. It’s sad though, she missed Chorong so much. Chorong would usually welcomed her when she’s home as she usually came home earlier than Naeun. Working as a kindergarten teacher was not that hard for Chorong and she can get home early. Now, Chorong have been living in China, alongside her husband who was working as a successful businessman. She’s glad that Chorong found someone amazing like Luhan, Naeun knew how much Luhan loved Chorong since their first met at the kindergarten. Their love stories almost sounded like a modern fairytale. Luhan was the prince, she was the princess. Ah, how she wished that she would end up like them too.

                She threw herself on the sofa, her thought about the guy that she just bumped just now came into her mind again. She couldn’t understand herself right now. Why would she think about the stranger? Well, she admitted that the guy might looked quite charming, but he didn’t have the characteristics of her Prince Charming. But still... True love did exists, right?

                “How I wish that I can meet my Prince Charming soon.” Her eyes wandered around her apartment, thinking about how she would decorate it when the Christmas came. Hm, or maybe should she spent her Christmas at her brother’s place which is also her parents’ mansion? That would be the best option then.

                Naeun got up and went off to the kitchen, probably making a cup of hot chocolate for herself. She never get sick of it, hot chocolate is the best thing that you could have in winter. When she took a sip of it, she almost felt like flying. Damn, it’s totally heaven.

                Suddenly, her phone rang. It’s such a luck that she brought it with her, if not she won’t be able to pick it up. It’s an unknown number but then she picked it up.

 

                “Hello?”

                “Naeun? Is that you?”

               

                Naeun gasped when she heard the voice. Eventhough she haven’t hear the voice for already many years but she still managed to recognize it. How can she forget? She could never forget the person eventhough they’ve been separated for already a long time.

                “Oh my god, Jung Soojung was that really you!?” She almost jumped because of it. To be frank, she felt nice to hear Soojung’s voice again. During her childhood days, she’s the closest one to Soojung compared than Wendy, Seulgi and Jinri.

                “Yup, it’s me. Gosh, it’s already been a long time since we had a conversation.” Soojung exclaimed with a light chuckle. Naeun drew a thin smile, she never imagine this kind of reunion. On the cellphone, like seriously?

                “Oh my god, Naeun like seriously. I just came back from the States.” Soojung continued. Naeun raised her brows, the fact that Soojung was getting married hit her once again.

                “You did? Ah, anyway I heard that you’re getting married.” Geez, suddenly it makes her to feel quite awkward to ask that kind of question. But then she felt quite relieved as she heard Soojung’s chuckle in the line.

                “Really? Wow, I never thought it would hit the world that fast. The news really come out well, eh?” With that, Naeun could make a conclusion; She’s getting married for real.

                “I guess so.” She ran her fingers through her hair, proably felt quite frustrated. No, this is not right. She should feel happy for her friend didn’t she? And they kept talking to each other. Naeun just learnt that Soojung got her number from her brother. The truth was they just bumped into each other at the airport. Gosh, her brother didn’t even told her that Soojung actually had came back. Before they ended up their conversation, they made a promise to meet at her bookstore. And of course, Naeun feels so glad to have Soojung as a guest at her bookstore. It would be great to meet her after so many years.

                “Alright then, see you soon.” She ended up the call. Gosh, she couldn’t wait to meet Soojung. She bet that Soojung must’ve gotten prettier. But still, there’s a thing that kept distracting her mind. It was herself. The thought about herself. The thought about her future. After all this times she kept believing in true love yet seems like she couldn’t find it. Or maybe, she should wait for it? She also didn’t know.

                “True love did exists. You just need to wait,” She mumbled to herself, probably making herself felt quite better. All she need is to be positive and patient.

 

 

                “Soojung?” The name escaped her lips when she saw a familiar figure who just stepped in to her bookstore. It’s really her. It’s really Jung Soojung. Naeun couldn’t even hide her excitement when she finally meet her. Same goes to Soojung.

                “Oh my god, Son Naeun!” Soojung shouted in a happy tone, shoving her into a hug. Naeun let out a soft chuckle, as she hugged Soojung tight. Man, she missed Soojung freaking so much. And Soojung didn’t change much. Except for the fact that she looks prettier than the old days. It took quite a long time for them to break the reunion hug. The customers have been looking at them, making them to feel quite ashamed. In the end, Naeun dragged Soojung to her office and Mrs. Kim who was one her workers served them two cups of hot chocolate, and that made them to enjoy their time more.

 

“Gosh.. You didn’t really change, eh?” Soojung said as her eyes wandered around her office. The office looks nice and neat. And it got a theme of fairytale world which made Soojung felt quite fascinated. She loves to see cute things. They’re adorable, didn’t they?

“Uh.. I guess that I don’t.” Naeun sheepishly smiled upon her own answer, she didn’t even could understand herself. It feels nice to have someone to visit her office other than her brother. It makes her felt happy more when the person showed interest towards the theme of her office. It was full of fairytales.

“I’m glad that you don’t. You would always be the Son Naeun that I knew.” Soojung said, sipping her hot chocolate. Naeun raised her brows, didn’t understand of what Soojung tried to say.

“Pardon me?” She asked in confusion. Soojung threw a warm smile to her, she stood up from her place and wandered around the office. The pink-coloured walls really attract her, and there’s also some white polka dots there. The office might look childish for someone like Naeun but this kind of style really suits the office well. It feels like she’s paying a visit to the fairytale world.

“You’re still the same Son Naeun. The one who loves fairytales. The one who made her dreams come true.” A smile crept on Naeun’s lips. She’s slightly felt quite encouraged by Soojung’s words. It’s true that they’ve been separated from each other for too long, and she’s glad that Soojung still remembered everything about her.

“I think that I’m going to fall in love with this place,” Soojung said as she came back to her seat. The hot-pink coloured sofa really made her to feel quite like a royal princess. She really thought that Naeun was so cute.

 

“I would love it if you could visit me here more often.”

“Yeah, that would be great. I should bring my future-husband, next time.”

“Yes, and I’ll make sure that you guys will receive the best service.”

“I’m looking forward for that.”

 

Both of them laughed out loud again. They seems like to enjoy their brief reunion. And as usual, they would talk about all what happened to them after they lost contact. Soojung told Naeun a bit about her future husband, who was named Kim Jongin; He’s probably one of the luckiest guys in this world to have Soojung as his future-wife. She learnt that her future-husband currently working as a lecturer at the Seoul National University in the Performing Arts Department. They probably met in New York as they attended the same university, except for the fact that both of them were in the different major. She was in the Fashion major while he was in the Dancing major. It feels quite fascinating to listen to how their love bloomed. Naeun couldn’t help but cringe when Soojung told her how sweet Jongin was when they celebrated their first anniversary. She laughed out loud when Soojung told her that Jongin would always leave a bouquet of roses with some cheesy notes on Monday in front of her dormitory.  And they’re going to get married soon, building a happy life together.

“Ah, I’m jealous of you. Gosh, I almost couldn’t believe that you’re going to be married so soon. Like seriously, we just met. Oh, what a regret.” She said after Soojung ended with her story. Soojung shifted her eyes towards Naeun, “Haven’t you find yourself a boyfriend?”

Naeun hesitated at first but then she did answer her, “No.” It makes Soojung to feel quite shocked. Of course, Naeun is a pretty girl. It seems very impossible for her to even not having a boyfriend. Ridiculous.

 

“Are you even serious?”

“Girl, I’m serious.”

“No—”

“Jung Soojung, I’m serious.”

 

Soojung leaned her head against the soft sofa, a ‘I-can’t-believe-this’ expression was plastered on her face. Naeun in the other hand just kept still, probably felt quite awkward to talk about this matter. She didn’t even want to bring it up. It’s not important though.

 

“You’re joking right?”

“Of course, not.”

 

It strikes Soojung again. Son Naeun, a pretty girl yet still couldn’t find herself a boyfriend? That’s absolutely ridiculous. They still silent like that for a while until Naeun broke the ice. “It’s not that important for me right now. This bookstore was.” Soojung swore that she almost got a mental breakdown from this. Even if she’s busy with the bookstore thingy, it’s still possible for her to even find a boyfriend. At least once.

“You really need a help, you know.” Soojung’s words strikes her up again. Naeun literally pouted and seems to be in a deep thought for few seconds. Slowly, she shook off her head.

“No. I’m okay with that. I’ll just wait for the right person.” Naeun’s words made Soojung to frown. Yet she couldn’t say anything about it. Naeun still didn’t change. She still kept waiting for her Prince Charming just like how fairytale stories goes.

After spending for about two hours at Naeun’s bookstore, Soojung finally excused herself to go home. By the way, she’s going to be very busy by the end of this week as she needs to take care a lot of things for her upcoming wedding. And as for Naeun, she felt quite sad when Soojung was about to leave. They really had a nice time together. Soojung even told her to forget about the childish bet that they made during their childhood days. And yes, Naeun felt so relieved to know about that. It feels quite empty, and lonely for a bit after Soojung left. She already promised to Soojung that she’ll attend her wedding soon. Truthfully, she couldn’t wait.

Naeun heaved a sigh after Soojung was completely gone from her sight. She stoodstill like that in front of her bookstore’s entrance, gazing at the people who walked by. And out of blue, when she made her way into her bookstore, she bumped into someone and the person’s books fell over to the floor. Gosh, what a mess. Like seriously, it’s the second time for her to bump into other persons this week.

She didn’t took a long time to bend down and collect the person’s stuffs into her hands. She didn’t even took a look of the person that she just bumped but then something realy caught her attention. The books that she’ve been collecting seems quite familiar to her. And it hits her when she looked up to the person, and to be frank she was quite shocked.

“You?” The only word that she manage to utter as she stood up on her feet. It’s the guy from the other day. The one that she just bumped on the road, the guy who left her just like that. It makes her felt quite fascinated when she looked at the guy, he’s wearing a very neat attire along with a pair of spectacles covering his big-rounded eyes.

“Thanks.” The guy muttered as he took his books from her hands. Naeun could felt an electrifying effect when their fingers brushed. Her heart pumped in a faster rate.

“Err.. Yeah. You’re welcome.” She slightly stuttered. She tried to cover her face from the guy as she could feel that herself was blushing. Oh man, she needs to get off from this kind of situation. She was just going to make her steps to her office again but then she stopped when the guy called her.

“Excuse me, Miss.” She turned her heels back, facing the guy. The guy threw her a heartwarming smile before speaking again. “Are you a regular here?” His sudden question made her to felt quite shocked a bit. Did she looks like a customer?

“Um.. No.” She awkwardly replied. The guy nodded his head in understanding. “Ah.. I see. It’s my first time to pay a visit here.” The guy spoke while pushing the bridge of his spectacles. “And.. Perhaps, you know where can I find this bookstore’s owner?” Naeun smiled when she saw the guy clasped his lips nervously. Aww, he’s so cute.

“Uh... Actually, I’m the owner of this bookstore.” Her statement caused him to  stare at her with a very an unbelievable expression. She chuckled lightly upon his reaction.

“I couldn’t believe that we already met,” He said while chuckling. His soft chuckle somehow went shivers to her spine. The guy’s voice sounded like honey and nectar to her. Naeun cleared , she tried to control herself in front of the guy who’s actually still a stranger to her.

“Yeah. Me too, I guess.” She said, hanging some strands of her hair over her ear. It’ve been so long since she talked to a guy, and it feels so nerve-wrecking to her. Oh man, she needs some help.

“Oh, right. We haven’t introduce ourselves yet,” The guy suddenly said, which drew Naeun’s attention. Finally, after all 23 years she’s going to at least know a guy for the first time. Maybe he’s going to be one of her friend-list.

As for the introduction, Naeun invited the guy to her office and served him a cup of hot chocolate. Gosh, it’s also the first time for her to invite a guy to her office. And she’s being quite shy, thinking about, “Oh my god, what if he thinks that my office looks so childish?”. But then the guy didn’t. To be more frank, the guy was amused about how he decorated her office. It was as if he’s in the fairytale world. Naeun was happy, at least even though they’ve just met but then he respected her interest.

“Okay. Back to the main topic.” Naeun said as she took a seat opposite him. The guy smiled, “My name is Do Kyungsoo.” Naeun raised her brows, the name sounds quite familiar to her, which makes she felt quite curious.

“Kyungsoo?” She repeated the name in her mind. Like seriously, it sounds so familiar to her but then she didn’t remember.

“Oh I see. I’m Son Naeun, by the way.” She said, earning a light chuckle from the guy. While she’s being quite confused the guy replied, “Yeah, I know.” Naeun’s jaw almost dropped when she heard him. Does that mean he already knew her? Yes, it’s weird since she doesn’t even know him.

 

“How could you kno—”

“You’re one of the literature students, right? Perhaps, in Edinburgh?”

               

                Naeun raised her brows. Now she knew why the guy’s name sounded familiar to her. It’s obvious that the guy also attended the literature school in Edinburgh. Perhaps that’s he’s one of her seniors in the Literature major.

                “You’re from Edinburgh?” Kyungsoo nodded. She was quite fascinated by the fact that Kyungsoo recognized her, since they’re in Edinburgh. But one thing was bothering her; Why did she never notice him? And how could he even noticed her?

                “I actually heard a lot about you from Mrs. Albert.” Yes, she still remember the name. Mrs. Julia Albert, probably her favourite lecturer during her days in Edinburgh.

                “Okay... And... May I know your reason to meet me?” And it seems like Naeun’s question brought Kyungsoo back to his real intention. He nervously let out a chuckle while adjusting his spectacles. In which Naeun found that his acts were so cute and heart-fluttering. Maybe it would be weird for her since they only known each other today — except for the fact that Kyungsoo knew her much earlier, but she found that Kyungsoo was an interesting person.

 

                “Actually.. I just want to ask the owner of this bookstore about something. It’s a good thing that the owner is actually you,”

                “What do you mean?”

                “Uh.. You know, it’s my first time here and I got to say that I was mesmerized by the way you presented this bookstore. It seems like a real heaven. No wonder my students always talked about this bookstore.”

                “Your students?”

                “Yes. I’m working as a lecturer, here.”

                “Wow, I bet that Mrs. Albert would be so proud of you.”

                “Yeah, maybe. Oh, and yeah I just want to have a talk with you as this bookstore owner. And I hope that you’ll keep it going,”

                “Of course, I will.”

 

                And the conversation went on. Naeun finally learnt that Kyungsoo actually had a strong interest in those fairytales masterpieces. Like seriously, they talked about everything; Like how each of the stories ended, the lessons of each stories. They enjoyed talking with each other well. For the first time, Naeun felt like she finally met a person that would understand her so much. It feels like so heaven to know a person like Kyungsoo even only for a day. Their conversation ended as it’s almost 5PM. It’s time for her to close the bookstore.

                “Wow, it’s nice to have a long conversation with you Kyungsoo-sshi.” She said, walking out from her office with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo drew a thin smile on his lips, feeling glad too to have a conversation with his long-lost junior. Or maybe he should call it ‘his long-lost crush’.

                “I think that I’m going to be a regular here,” Kyungsoo mumbled within his chuckle, and that makes Naeun’s heart jumped. Of course, she’s going to like the idea very much. She would love to have those kind of talks with Kyungsoo again in the future.

                “Please be. I promise that I’ll give you few discounts.” She joked, sending him off to the entrance door. The customers already left earlier, and yes Kyungsoo probably the last customer that left the bookstore. A smile was drawn on Naeun’s lips, she watched as Kyungsoo disappeared from her sight. Then a question just appeared in her mind; Why did he left her when they first met on the road? Or maybe he didn’t recognize her well? She doesn’t even know, and she didn’t have any courage to ask him. Like seriously, they just known each other for a day. Was it too ridiculous for her to even admit that she felt attracted to him?

                “Son Naeun, get a grip. You just known him today.” She muttered under her breathe as she banged her head against the transparent glass door. Yeah, she really needs a grip.

                “Naeun-ah,” A husky voice called her from the back. It’s Mrs. Kim, the coffee brewer who worked in the cafe section of the bookstore. The older grinned at her while flipping the signboard ‘Open’ into ‘Close’.

                “Mrs. Kim, you’re not going home yet?” Naeun said, politely. Naeun is quite close to her since Mrs. Kim was a lecturer in her past career. She’s an expert in literature to be frank. That’s why Naeun took her as one of her workers. And Mrs. Kim was glad to work there since she’s already retired for too long. She loves to be surrounded by the books and it feels like she’s in the book world.

                “My dear.. You look quite frustrated. Is there’s something bothering you?” The older said while patting the younger’s shoulder. Naeun smiled, slightly felt touched since Mrs. Kim really cared about her.

                “It’s nothing. Maybe I was just tired.” Naeun said, shooking off her head. She doesn’t want the older felt worried about her.

                “Just take a rest my dear.” Mrs. Kim adviced her. She nodded lightly, obeying the older’s advice. After a few seconds, Mrs. Kim finally getting ready to go home. And before she left, she said something which made Naeun to wonder.

 

                “It’s my first time to see a guy visited your office today. Perhaps, he’s the one who you’re finding all this time?”

 

                Her words kept echoing in Naeun’s mind. Kyungsoo? The person that she just met today? Is it even possible? She doesn’t know. It’s still early for her to even make a conclusion. But the thing that she knew was, she’s excited to meet Kyungsoo again. Perhaps that she wished to meet Kyungsoo everyday.