Final.

Compulsion.

Maybe it was the scent, that took its place in his lungs, knocking the oxygen out and left him gasping so desperately for more. Or it could’ve been the taste, that left his tongue aching and robbed him of sleep at night.

“Hyung?”

Byunghun wasn’t sure which factor had an impact on him more. As much as he would’ve liked to sit and rationally think about what was going on, he didn’t appreciate the throbbing headache that followed each time he attempted to. All he knew was that he wanted – he needed - much, much more.

“Are you okay?”

Two weeks, he had to wait. If it had been any longer, he swore he would’ve lost his mind. Or has he already?  

“Byunghun hyung!”

He jolted in his seat at the sound of his name, dropping his spoon onto his bowl with a loud clatter so suddenly that the male in front of him knotted his eyebrows in disapproval. His bloodshot, puffy eyes immediately averted to meet the clear, but intense gaze of Daniel who had his lips twisted in a slight frown. Despite the annoyed demeanour he displayed, Byunghun knew his friend was only concerned.

“Yes, Daniel?” Byunghun questioned calmly and cleared his throat, trying to focus his cloudy vision back on his bowl of cereal.

Daniel leaned forward, taking a peek at the cereal which had turned chunky from absorbing a third of the milk and crossed his arms on the table. “You’re not going to still eat that, are you? Its been sitting there for twenty minutes while you’ve been day dreaming.”

The incoherent mumble he received in response made him pout. It was only after Byunghun had choked on a spoonful of mushy cereal that he burst into a fit of laughter, fitting a quick “I told you so” inbetween his chortles. But Byunghun didn’t laugh with him.

“You’re right. I can’t eat this, its gross.” The brunette scoffed, getting up from his seat before making his way to dispose of the ungodly concoction. Daniel took this moment to watch the other, not overlooking the sudden drop in his charisma and how distant he seemed over the past few days.

“Tell me what’s wrong.” Daniel whispered, loud enough for just the other male to hear and lifted his legs, bringing them up to his chest so he could rest his head on his knees. Byunghun remained silent, wondering how long it had been since he stopped laughing. He hadn’t even realised that for the longest interval, the only sound that filled the kitchen was the water running out of the tap. That is, until the other boy decided to continue, “Are you still mad at me? I said I was sorry for leaving without telling anyone. But I was only away for a few days an--”

“You were away for two weeks!” The older interrupted the other, turning off the tap before he spun around and leaned back against the sink, crossing his arms over his chest, “While I... I needed more.” His gaze bore straight into the other’s wavering dark orbs which widened in surprise at the outburst before focusing on the ground.

“More of what, hyung?”

“I,” He began again, after a minute or two of brief consideration on whether he should deny that something was not right or dive head first into the truth he’d been trying so hard to avoid, “I think I’m starting to get addicted to something. Should I be afraid?”

“An addiction?” Daniel repeated, raising an eyebrow. Somehow, the suspicions in the back of his mind had confirmed and he was now convinced that Byunghun had probably found some of the drugs he had stashed in every nook and cranny of the apartment and taken them. Further more, he’d be lying if he said he didn’t notice the signs of addiction the other explicitly displayed, first thing when he had returned home. However, he wasn’t entirely sure and his side job as a drug dealer still remained a secret since he hadn’t been questioned about it. Getting up from his seat, he shuffled towards the brunette and cupped his cheeks, forcing their gazes to meet once again. “It depends on what you’re addicted to, I guess. But I don’t think you have a reason to be afraid unless it’ll harm you. There’s always a way to end them.” He smiled, shrugging slightly before dropping his hands to the other’s broad shoulders thinking that the elder was probably overreacting. A tiny bit wasn’t going to harm him.

Byunghun searched the other’s eyes, sub consciously uncrossing his arms and slipping them around the raven haired boy’s waist to pull him closer. “I don’t know how this will end, not even sure if I want it to end. I’m terrified.” He admitted softly, allowing his body to naturally fit itself against the comforting hug of the other.

Daniel remained silent for a long time, finally realising the extent of the situation and rubbed Byunghun’s back as he pursed his lips in thought. “Its nothing too serious, is it? If it is, I’ll help you out of it. I don’t want you to be terrified.” He nodded in determination a few times, pulling back a little so he could look at the brunette, “What’s this new addiction you have, hyung?”

The rapper could only let out a soft chuckle after hearing the other’s words. “Are you sure you want to help me out of it?” He questioned, shrugging his shoulders before he looked away, trying hard to concentrate on the small drops of water that spilled out of the tap at irregular intervals. “You’re my addiction.” If he had kept his gaze on the vocalist, he would have been able to see how his cheeks burned into a shade of crimson, probably mirroring his own. But he didn’t need to for he was more than content with how Daniel’s fingers nervously curled and dug into the fabric of his shirt.

“Well, then I guess I’ll be taking care of two addictions,” The vocalist declared, after regaining his composure, “Yours and mine. Y’Know, since I’m highly addicted to you but in denial. I just needed to get away because I was... afraid.” His shy confession was followed by another interval of silence that eloped them as he thought about how the reason behind his two week disappearance was the boy in his arms. Mustering the courage, he lifts his gaze to look into the other’s eyes and parts his dry lips to speak once again, “I— I... Uh, I think I...” He stammered, clearly struggling to string his words together and Byunghun quirked an eyebrow at his behaviour, leaning in to rest his forehead against Daniel’s.

“Are you alri—“

“I think I love you, Byunghun.”

The said boy closed his eyes, holding his breath as he chewed on his lower lip in a dire attempt to calm his racing heart. “D-Do you?” He replied in a soft whisper, earning a weak nod and a content sigh from the younger as their lips lightly brushed against one another. “I think... No— I am, a-actually, uh... Falling in love with you too, Niel.”

With that being said, they finally decide break the tension and seal the distance between their lips while their arms tighten around each other in a hopeful attempt to be closer than they already are. This eventually led to Byunghun being pushed up gently against the counter with a a wave of satisfaction washing over him each time their lips weaved in and out of one another. And each time Daniel tightened his hold around his waist, he hummed in a silent agreement that this was an addiction he never wanted to get rid of.


“So hyung, what do you think of the weed you've been taking?” Daniel smirked, nudging the other gently in the ribs with his elbow, “Pretty good, huh? I only supply the best.”

Byunghun had his eyes wide open in a mixture of astonishment and confusion, “I didn't-- You’re supplying drugs?!” The realisation was all it took for him to go ballistic. “I can’t believe— How long have you been-- Jeez, I’d expect these things from Minsoo hyung!”

 

Cap, on the other hand...

“Give me a Kyogre and I’ll give you this Pikachu.”

“But--”

“TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, CHILD.” 


a/n: 

Oh my goodness, what was that??? ;n; 

But Happy Valentine's Day everybody!