Months&Months; (Keyber)

Scrabbling Feelings
         Months seem like years to Key. He opens his eyes, preparing himself for another day without his beloved. With a sigh he leaps off his bed and trails onward towards the shower without enthusiasm. The warm steaming water distracts his mind from the large absent presence. He can’t get seem to fathom the extent in which he misses Amber.
                It’s been several months filled with calls, text messages, video conferences, and I miss you’s. Key has never failed to initiate communication between him and Amber, having his phone and computer ready at all times. She on the other hand seems to be taking this at an easy stride. She does call him, but not as frequently as he would prefer.
                Sometimes the thought of her finding someone else runs through his mind, and he can’t help but twitch at the thought. After working so hard to gain her love, it would be basically an incoherent picture. He shakes it off, knowing that the tomboy he loves so much would never betray him.
                So as Key draped some freshly washed clothes over his wet body, he stared at his phone hoping the screen would notify him of at least one missed call. Deception and a frowns were right around the corner, the blank screen piercing into his eyes. He snatched the phone and headed for the kitchen.
                “Hey Key”, Onew greeted as he took a sip of coffee. Key stared at  boy questioningly, knowing Onew was never one to drink any caffeine. The finally effects were tragic on the older boy.
                “Why are you drinking coffee?”
                “I need a kick start for the morning. I and Victoria are going to the museum and I’m really going to need something to keep me awake”.
                “Oh”, Key grabbed the pan from the bottom cabinet, imagining the delicious eggs and bacon already on the stove. American breakfasts were his best specialty. At the moment the usually hungry Minho gloomed in, heavily draped in outerwear. Again Key furrowed his eyebrows in confusion; the shy boy was never up at this time nor dressed in proper attire.
                “You don’t have to make breakfast for me hyung, I’m leaving in a little”.
                “Oh, where are you going?”
                “Me and Krystal are going to see the indoor soccer trials”.
                “Hmm, okay”, Key made sure to remove a quarter of the ingredients.
                “You are? Then I’ll walk you out because I’m leaving in a little while too”, Taemin brushed through the kitchen his shoes at hand.
                “Where are you going?” Minho and Onew asked at the same time, curious of the maknae’s non consulted plans
                “Sulli promised me she would help me pick out some music for my new dance routine. SO we are going to her favorite music store and then for some coffee”.
                What was this? Everyone was going to join their f(x) pair, leaving Key and his lonely body behind. Well, at least Jonghyun would stay to keep him company, the lovely dino never failed.
                “Which music store? I need to buy Luna present but I want it to be a surprise?” Jonghyun ran out of the close bedroom; his pajamas still in tact.
                “Uhh, I think it’s the one right outside of town”, Taemin replied.
                “Prefect! I’ll take her there after we go take a walk in the park later. I’m going to take a shower now, so I hope you didn’t use all the hot water Key”.
                As all the members scrambled to get their plans through and organization across, Key sullenly faded into the background. He had no one to spend his time with, and Amber wouldn’t answer his calls or send him any sign that she was still alive. The fact that she still loved him wavered a bit, not having the same effect as it used to.  
                Onew seemed to notice Key’s saddened expression, frowning at the diva.
                “Are you going to be okay alone?” Onew asked as he pulled on his coat.
                “Yeah, why wouldn’t I be? Make sure you guys really bundle up and have fun. Don’t worry about me I have a bunch of fashion magazines to catch up on”.
                “Okay, umma”, Taemin smiled as Minho and Onew led him towards the door; they all waved good-bye leaving in an instant. Seconds later, Jonghyun came dashing out the door and yelling.
                “WAIT FOR ME YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE PUNKS! BYE KEY!”
                The diva smiled a little, knowing his SHINee family meant no harm. He grabbed his phone once more, frowning at the vacant screen. While sending a text message, he turned off the stove and headed for the cold sofa.              
                There was nothing he wished for more than the warmth of Amber on his cold chest. He needed her scent in his nostrils, her soft hair in his fingers, and her bright smile engraved in his pupils. The line of sanity was crossed long ago, leaving Key in a slow stride. Her voice over the phone wasn’t merely enough to reprimand her lack of being there. Key without his Amber was nothing.
                Thinking this, he cuddled into the sofa’s blanket believing a long sleep would regain the energy in order to be happy. It was not only the lack of sleep that made the diva fall asleep, but the hallucination of his Amber being right there next to him. Even though the tranquil image of his tomboy was there, his dream wasn’t as pleasant at all.
                The wind formed gust of winds, twitting the strands of her loose her. The falling snow landed delicately on her fidgeting fingers, as the same warm hands led him to a sullen tree. When she came to  a halt and turned around, all that was visible was a sorrowful frown. It was not only painful to observe, but also a stab in his already cold heart. Key stared at Amber, as she attempted to muster the words that have been eating at her. The girl’s mouth formed words, but no voice came out, her mind attempting to rephrase it in its best ability. Until she surrendered, letting out nothing but a sigh and a proposition starter.
                “Kibum, there is something I have to tell you”.
                “What is it Ambies?”
                “I’m not really sure how to put this”.
                “Just say it how you think it”.
                “Um, alright. I think I don’t love you anymore”.
                Key couldn’t say he wasn’t expecting that. The dark atmosphere and the way she avoided any physical contact with him, was already an enormous sign. Ever since she had returned from her trip, the cold attitude she exerted was enough to notify Key, that things had changed. However, knowing the event was going to occur wasn’t the same as being prepared for it.
                “So I guess we should just end this.”
                “hmm, ok”, Key nodded slightly.
                “I always will love you. As a friend”, Amber attempted to smile; only managing a minuscule smirk.
                “I’ll always love you too”.
                The frigid snow, pecked at his bare cheeks. It stung his heart and his eyes. It took moments for him to notice it wasn’t the small packs of ice biting at his cheeks, but warm tears sticking to the sides of his eyes. He was never one to hold back emotions and now wasn’t the time to start.
                He wiped them quickly, letting his blurry eyes glare at Amber; who was no reaching for him.
                “Oh Kibum, I’m sorry”.
 
                And with the sound of her voice, he gained consciousness once more. Key sighed with relief when he felt the support of the fluffy couch under him. There was neither snowy bank nor a willowed tree in sight. However, he still felt the tears falling down his cheeks slowly. Was he just being paranoid, or could this really happen? Would his Amber leave him?
                The questions bombarded his head, barely letting him hear the sound of a blaring speaker. Chu was now in mid chorus, before he answered the phone.
                “Hello?”
                “KIBUM!” Key’s eyes instantly shot up, the voice of Amber being a sweet melody to his ears.
                “AMBER?”
                “Yes, it’s Amber. Who else would it be?”
                “No one, its just-“
                “Are you expecting another call from a girl, Key?” Amber sounded a tad hurt.
                “Of course not! It’s jus the fact that I have been neglected…”
                “Neglected? Oh! I know sorry Key. There has been a lot of things going on at home. But I kind of am making it up to you”.
                “Calling me once doesn’t make up for anything Amber Lieu”.
                “I know! Open your door and you”ll see what I mean”.
                “What…?” Key was skeptical at the moment, shaking the thought that Amber could possibly standing right outside his door. She still had three months until her leg fully healed and she could return to South Korea.
                “Just open the door!”
                “Did you send me something?” Key asked as he paced towards the door, a huge grin plastered on his face.
                “Kind of..            
                “It better not be a prank”.
                “JUST OPEN THE DOOR!”
                Key did as he was told, reaching for the door knob and turning it slowly. Gosh, he wished it was some type of picture of her, or maybe even a box filled with souvenirs. Just something that would enlighten his already vague memories of her.
                But as Key stood in the door way, door completely open. He had not received any of those gifts. All the pictures and memoirs weren’t necessary when you had the real thing standing right in front of you. At first Kibum, shook his head completely bewildered. However, when he reached for the figure and brought her into a tight embrace, he knew that the thoughts be doubted so much were actually correct.
                “GAHH KEY! Your hugging is way to tight”, Amber gasped as he squeezed even tighter.
                “I can’t help it I haven’t seen you in a million years”. Keys job of hugging was soon replaced by the action of reining territorial pecks on her cheeks, forehead, and down her neck. This was definitely the time to make up for what he had missed all these months.  
 
 
(&&that was the Keyber. It's sorta angsty in order to portray my feelings towards Amber's absence. I hope she returns soon! Andd ahh dont hit me with stones *ducks*. Iknow its been some time, considering i update so fast. But exams are killing me (destroy the person who ever invented PC engineering and physics!) I promise to update as soon as i can from now on. &&you were probably thinking this was the end, right? Nu-uh, there is going to be more stories of the couples lol. Its going to be one BIG pile of ShinyEffects one-shots&what not. If you have any specific request... then request away. I love to please peoples fictional needs lol [thatsoundedkindofwrong] thanks for reading you guys!! [your comments make me super happy and tingly inside btw i love love love love love you guys]p.s. we are starting from square 1 once more. So next update will be another ontoria:D).