Christmas Shopping (Minstal)

Scrabbling Feelings

                    Figures crossed, packs of wind blew, tree’s rustled and Minho was still planted in the same spot. His fingers twitched, and he suddenly regretted the decision of not bringing gloves. Then again, he only expected to be patiently waiting for ten minutes and not the long forty minutes that had passed.

            “Where could she be?” Minho blew his hot breathe into his hands while rubbing them gently. He unnecessarily stood on his tippy toes, starring over the crowd. It was a miracle no one had recognized him yet; even though he has a thick hat covering the tip of his eyes, fans would still be able to use their amazing face recognition.
            And that’s when a huge crowd of people were pacing towards him. However they weren’t chanting his names but Krystal’s. The young girl hopped over cracks and the hard cement, as the sea of people followed her pace.
            “Krystal, Krystal, Krystal”, the crowd monotonously said. Minho’s bewildered eyes caught the girls, as she shot him an apologetic smile. He nodded while following her sprinting pattern when she passed him.
            “Sorry oppa, someone recognized me and they all began wanting autographs. And I love my fans, but there are just so many”, she panted.
            “I have an idea”, Minho grabbed her arm, while leading her towards a dark ally. He came to an abrupt halt, making her bump into him instantly. The older boy signaled for her to come closer, and she did as told, apprehensively looking back. He grabbed her by the waist and hauled her up just a little over the wired fence.
            “Just climb”, he said. Once again, Krystal obliged, blushing a little. She jumped with a “humph”, successfully landing on the other side. Her eyes widened when she caught sight of the crowd that was getting closer and closer.
            “Hurry up Oppa”, she jumped up and down.
            “Aish, don’t over react I’m going”. Minho scaled up the fence that doubled his size. With no hesitation he crawled over the rim and made his way to the other side. The cries of Krystal’s name faded away, as the two ran towards the street.
            This time though, both of them pulled out their scarves and disguised any part of their faces that fans would recognize.
            “And I’m guessing that’s why you left me waiting for so long”, Minho began the conversation with a dull tone.
            “Yes, and I’m still really sorry”, the younger girl bowed.
            “It’s alright, let’s just go Christmas shopping before Key gets suspicious and begins calling me, you know Amber is still gone and he gets paranoid easily.”.
            “You’re absolutely right! Onward we go”, Krystal yelled a little too loudly, attracting the attention of the unconscious people surround them. He never realized there were so many people out on Christmas Eve. Minho shook his head in disapproval as the enthusiastic girl pulled him towards the colorful arrangements of displays.
            He had to admit, he loathed shopping with a burning passion. He mostly forced Key to get his clothes, or went to the quiet shops, which no one knew about; so the service would be easy going. But he couldn’t say no to a beggin Krystal, only days before Christmas. He was shocked that the girl hadn’t done her shopping earlier, seeing as she loves getting things for other people. But she claimed her busy schedule got her wrapped up and all she was able to do was take short naps in between.
            The older boy had already done his shopping, so he was just there for company; making the trip seem so tedious, right?
            Wrong, he actually found he was enjoying himself, way more than he ever has. He chuckled every time the younger girl would grab a funky looking at and place it on her head, while her face unconsciously made funny expressions. He would completely join when the she would run through the racks of clothes like a little girl. And he would completely love how they successfully got kicked out of every store; making the trip even longer. However after countless hours of horsing around, they decided it was time to be serious; consider it was already dark and both their phones were flooded with missed calls.
            “So I already have Onew’s, Key’s, Taemin’s, Jonghyun’s, Victoria’s, Amber’s, and Luna’s present. All I need now is Sulli’s and I will be done!” Krystal cheered while her eyes caught sight of a furry hat.
            Minho followed her gaze, silently wondering why he wasn’t getting a present.
            “Be right back, that hat has Sulli’s name written all over it; it’s her exact style”.
            Minho knew it wasn’t a surprise element, because they always went shopping together when it came to presents. He would take her and the other members shopping for their presents; not confident in his ability of guessing what people like. Krystal did the same with him, claiming that he was usually quiet but he was a bowl of surprises.   
            The older boy didn’t have much time to ponder on the haunting question, seeing as Krystal was out of the store in only a matter of seconds.
            “Everyone is going to love their presents!” Krystal smiled heavily, while stretching her arms out and tracing the sidewalk with her boots.
            “Hmm, I bet they will”, Minho replied dully.
            “What’s wrong oppa? You seemed happy only minutes ago”.
            “I’m just curious about something”.
            “What is it?”
            “What did you get me?”
            “Oh… about that.. Remember when you said that you would be okay with not receiving anything last week?”
            Minho nodded, the scene reoccurring in his mind. That week, Krystal was forced a schedule with jam packed days and not a moment of rest. She had a cold because SM had forced them to do many concerts in the freezing cold, with only thin coats. When the older boy watched as Krystal coughed her brains out, he couldn’t help but not encourage her to not worry about Christmas shopping. He reassured her that he was fine without a present and he was sure the other members were too.
            “Well it is kind of late, so I was hoping I could not give you a present this Christmas”, Krystal squeezed her eyes and bowed in apology. Minho felt a tight tug in his stomach as he gulped.
            “Oh it’s alright”, he said, completely lying through his teeth. However, he couldn’t let the younger girl know how he felt. After all he did admit he would be fine without a present.
            “Really? You’re the best Oppa!”
            He grinned weakly, while following the sight of bright lights. The sadness in his gut melted when his eyes gained awareness of the beautiful display of lights. He knew it was Christmas Eve, but he has never seen such beautiful piece of work before.
            “Woahhh, you’re looking at the same thing as me , right?” Minho shifted his gaze from the interested Krystal, back to the bright tree in the middle of the snow covered field.
            “Let’s make snow angels!” Krystal gleamed while running towards the empty field. Minho glanced to his sides, hoping no one had seen them. Then he shrugged and slowly followed the girl to the middle of the snow. She quickly fell to the floor and began forming a now angel on the floor.  
            The older boy was just about to join her fun, as he tripped over a small package. He discreetly picked it up, brushing off the already melting snow on the warm box. He turned it around, hoping to find a name fo some sort or an identification of the owner. He saw nothing, immediately guessing that Krystal had dropped it when she ran over there.
            “Krystal? Is this yours” Minho yelled over the giggles of the girl.
            “Huh, what is it oppa?” She got up, unsuccessfully brushing off the snow on her legs and back. Kyrstal strutted towards him, her eyes opening widely when she caught sight of the item in Minho’s hands.
            “Why are you holding that?” She snatched d it away quickly, owning her a defensive look from the odler boy.
            “It was you who dropped it; I’m just picking it up, don’t be so careless”, he scolded.
            “Yeah, you’re right, sorry”, she bowed again.
            “Anyway, what is it?”
            “Ummm, it’s um… umm…”
            “It can’t be an umm, it has to be something”
            “Well you see….” By the time she could muster an imaginary answer, curiosity was tearing Minho apart. He softly grabbed the box, removing the lid without hesitation. Inside, was a beautiful hat tinted in many different shade of blue. He grabbed the hat by the puffy ball at the top, wanting to observe the enormously attractive hat.
            Ingraved with small black stitches was the name “Minho”. He gaped at the hat, wondering why the younger girl had it in her possession.
            “I thought you said you weren’t going to get me a present”.
            “Well I did, be happy”, she pouted.
            “Why did you tell me you weren’t?” he placed the hat back into the box, loving every inch of his new present.
            “Don’t put it away, read the inside”.
            “That doesn’t answer my qu-“
            “Just do it!”
             Minho was taken aback by the girl’s temper, and did as he was told. He retrieved the lovely hat from the box and searched the inside for something that would pop out; but there was nothing. He was about to tell her that she made no sense, until in the corner of his eye was a small message.
            He pulled the tag which contained a small message out, carefully not to completely rip the thing off.
            Dear Minho,
                   Merry Christmas ahaha! I bet you like it right?? ;)
                   Just wanted to leave this message to tell you
                    One important thing! And don’t ever forget what
                   I’m about to say, ya hear me?
                   I love you!
                   -Krystal
           
            Minho stared at message, still not fathoming the moral. He found himself unconsciously thinking that the message was an actual confession. But then shook off the unsuspected desire; it couldn’t possibly be what he was wishing or thinking it was.
            “That was nice”, he smiled.
            “WHAT! THAT’S ALL I FREAKING GET?”
            “I’m not sure what you mean…?”
            “I cleverly make you a present and add my confession in it, and all you have to say to it is THAT WAS NICE?”  Krystal pouted, suddenly realizing she had just confessed once more.
            Wait, she had just confessed. Meaning Minho was right, he was exactly right! His mind flooded with thoughts, not sure what his next action would be.
            “THIS IS SO NOT FAIR! AFTER WEEKS OF KNITTING AND ALMOST KILLING MYSELF WITH NEEDLED THIS WHAT I GET. YOU KNOW WHAT MINHO---“
            At that second, the younger girl’s breath was capture by Minho’s soft lips. He wasn’t sure if that ws the right thing to do, but all he was positive of, was the fact he needed to shut her up. He let the kiss last several minutes, wanting to make this moment to go on for more. But he retracted, when he felt the younger girl’s voice form a small gasp.
            “Well, that was unexpected”, Krystal said, still in the same position.
            “You really need to learn how to shut up”, Minho sighed.
            “Oppa, it’s definitely not my fault I’m like this blame it on my blood type”.
            “Sure, sure, sure”, he grinned while checking the watch on his wrist. The hands pointed in one direction; 12:00.
            “Merry Christmas Krys”, he smiled.
 
(that was the minstal... bumbum bum bum lol. I hope i didn't dissapoint any of you. I know i updated wayyyyyy much later than i usually do. But i have a bunch of exams and papers, and my brain can't take sooo much. So maybe if you guys don't absolutley hate the story and don't hate me.. you'll keep on reading..? lol! Anways, thanks to those who keep up with the story and comment! I love you guysssss!)