Regaining a Carefree Attitude (Ontoria)

Scrabbling Feelings
           Breathing in a wad of air and cherishing these few hours she had to rest, was the only thing Victoria could do. The  F(x) members were now filming the starter episodes for their new reality show Hello F(x). All the members had been bombarded with busy schedules, seeing as they had so many separate activities to do. Victoria was the most negatively effected, due to the fact she was just finishing up her We Got Married special. She had only experienced 2 days without such a heavy and packed schedule, until her manager randomly informed them about another time slot being filled.
                And Alas, all the F(x) members are sprawled on the floor, their working clothes still intact and make up growing weary on their tired faces. Krystal, who was usually the first on to jump into the shower, stated she was to lazy to get up. They all laughed but somehow came to a silent agreement, that they thought the same thing. Each member was ready to hit their oh-so comfortable beds that have been calling them for these past few months, until they heard a faint knock at the door.
                “Just leave it, maybe they’ll think we aren’t home”, Victoria complained, already halfway towards her room.
                “No way, what if it’s someone important, like manager-hyung?” Luna protested. Victoria nodded, and all their glances flew to Sulli, who was currently sprawled on the floor and unfortunately for her, closest to the door.
                “I’ll get it”, she glared while making a big deal of standing up and reaching for the door knob. “Amber, your motherly boyfriend is here, and he brought friends”.
                In an instant, Amber shot up from her lazy position and sprinted to the door. Victoria laughed lightly, knowing her dongsaeng was so full of energy when Kibum was around.
                “How are the F(x) lovely’s doing?” Asked Key and Jonghyun, who entered abruptly when Amber pushed the door completely open. Silent Minho and Onew followed behind them, Taemin getting quickly dragged away by the excited Sulli, who somehow regained all her energy as well.
                “Horrible”, Luna managed while slowly standing up, and finding a place next to the distracted Jonghyun.
                Victoria's heart suddenly began thumping in her chest when she noticed the brown haired boy enter their dorm. She glared angrily at the culprit who made her blood pumping organ beat like this. Onew stood there, seemingly innocent, glancing around the room. She couldn’t help but snort at the facade the leader of SHINee was putting on. It’s not that she hated Onew, actually they were close friends, seeing as they were both the leaders of their groups. However, recently, every time she saw him, unexplained anger would spark in her brain. She would hate how he unconsciously tripped over everything, go crazy over a measly piece of chicken, do his impersonations, and most importantly she hated how he told her not to be serious. It was his carefree disposition that made her glare with envy. Why couldn’t she find humor in anything like he did, she had always wondered. But she had already came to the conclusion, that carefree attitudes were not needed when you had so many responsibilities.
                “You guys must be tired”, said the source of Victoria’s anger. That simple statement, making her retaliate at the unsuspecting boy.
                “Obviously”, she snorted.
                “I don’t believe I was talking to you, old lady”, he shot back quickly, almost as if he was expecting to hear a crude comment from F(x)’s leader.
                “It’s called freedom of speech, chicken freak”
                “WOAH WOAH WOAH! Me and Amber are going to go, before this get’s nasty”, Key grabbed Amber by the wrist, and dragged the worried girl towards the chicken.
                “Well I got nothing to do, so I’m just going to sit and watch”, Jonghyun plumped himself on the couch, eating imaginary popcorn while glaring at the exiting couple. His hurt filled gaze traveled from the duo to the two raging bulls in the living room. Luna chuckled, joining him, as did Minho and Krystal.
                “Krystal could you please tell your grumpy leader she needs to stop getting her pantyhose in a twist”.
                Before Krystal could even gather up enough saliva to from words, Victoria interjected, “Minho, could you please tell you're immature hyung that he needs to stop behaving like he’s 3”.
                The two kept at it, complaining about how serious one of them was, or how careless the other was. Five solid minutes of insults continued, until SHINee’s leader grabbed Victoria by the arm and dragged her out the door. The door slammed shut, faint screams disappearing into the hallway. The 4 witnesses remained on the sofa, gaping at the sudden action made by the usually humorous boy.
                “He just grabbed her arm”, Luna mumbled, unbelievably.
                “He. Is. So. Dead.” Jonghyun whispered, Minho nodding his head.
 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
 
                No matter how loudly Victoria complained, or how hard she slapped the younger boys wrist he refused to let go, determined to prove some king of point. She threw in the white flag after ten useless of complaints, surrendering with several pouts. Onew led her down the busy streets, ignoring the points and giggles from unsuspecting fans. The continued trudging until Onew came to an abrupt halt, making Victoria slam into his back.
                “What the heck?”
                “We’re here”, Jinki said, all humor had been removed from his tone. Victoria glanced around, the sight of branches and green caught her eyes. She found sight of a river, gawking in amazement. How could this type of place be hidden in such a busy city?
                “What is this place?” She asked breathlessly
                “My sanctuary”, Onew answered simply. He placed himself on a large tree log, patting the unoccupied spot next to him. Victoria complied, feeling her anger towards the younger boy vanish.
                “I used to come here when I needed to think things through. After SHINee’s debut, things got hectic, and I always found comfort every time I set foot on this must grass because it made me feel like the real Onew”. He patted the grass with his foot, faintly smiling, pain in the crevices of his eyes. Victoria signaled in recognition, and gazed around once more. They let the silence travel through them, until Onew muttered something almost incoherent.
                “I know why you’re always mad at me now a days. You think I’m too careless and I don’t have an inch of seriousness in my body. You probably also think I’m a useless leader, who’s ways are going to bring my group down.”
Onew waited for a response, earning a stoic nod of agreement from Victoria.
                “Well you’ll learn that it’s better to be carefree instead of serious. I know F(x) is finally getting it’s self out there, and as the leader you have more responsibilities. But once those responsibilities get worse, you’ll find the little humor inside of you disappearing. I learned the hard way”.
                Victoria couldn’t believe that the always goofy Lee Jinki had actually spoken those words. She couldn’t imagine him being serious, her face making an unconscious skeptical expression.
                “It’s true”, he said glancing at her face. “When SHINee had finally gained so much popularity we had reality shows, guest appearances, and comebacks left and right. I had to be the leader and take charge of everything. It might seem like Key is the Umma, but I always keep a watchful eye around them. Unfortunately, things became to much and I found myself not being able to smile”. Victoria slightly nodded, finding herself not even being able to form a joke anymore.
                “I don’t want for that to happen to you Victoria. I’ts a miracle I even gained my humor and childish ways back. I know we have to grow up, but who says it has to be so soon right?” That's when Lee Jinki smiled, that million dollar smile, Victoria didn’t know how she grew to detest. He giggled softly, when she didn’t make a sound, and just gazed at him. Maybe the chicken crazed boy was right. What was the point of being so serious, when you gained nothing from it. Being part of F(x)  meant being part of a family . How was she suppose to enjoy it, if she always had a stoic expression or couldn’t even communicate with them? Victoria found herself completely in depth with her thoughts.
                That was until Onew poked her softly, expecting an angry response in return, but got a peck on the cheek instead. She couldn’t believe she just did that , but she might as well start being carefree now, right? Victoria rotated around swiftly, not wanting him to see her embarrassed expression. As she began making her way home, se glanced at the still Onew. He was still planted on the tree log, eyes bewildered, and hand over the spot where Victoria’s lips interacted with his cheek. She giggled a genuine giggle, the first in many moths.
                “Maybe you are right. Who wants to grow up so fast anyway? Are you coming or what, chicken boy?”
                Onew seemed to awaken with that nickname and chased after the drunken with joy Victoria. They both ran down the sidewalk, Jinki threatening to shower her with a million kisses, seeing as the little peck had no affect on him. The duo shot down the street, maniac laughter and amusement trailing behind them. They were enjoying the little time they had left before responsibilities were the center of their world once more. Both of them cherishing the blissfully humor of the day, all seriousness vanishing, just like kids.
 
(thanks for reading!! I posted this fast right? I had the inspiration this morning from the little river that formed in front of my house and jotted it down on my phone. Then after classes i typed it upp xD. I dont have such a good imagination when it comes to this couple, but i tried my best to incorporate their personalities ahaha. Keep reading >_< and comment porfavor, dont be shy ahaha)