The Unexpected Reunion

After The Olympics (UNIQSOS one-shot fic)

It was a sunny day in the States, particularly in Los Angeles, but thousands of fangirls of the band called 5 Seconds of Summer were still waiting on the airport to wait for their arrival from their European tour. They've been waiting for them since morning til they arrived in 1pm. As the boys stepped up outside the airport, the fans started to mobbed them, but the guards blocked those fans to give way to the boys to get into their van.

 

On the other hand, Lee Wen-Han and Cho Seungyoun were on their way to their hotel room from their Hollywood trip. The company gave them a one month vacation as their reward for their success as a group as they're expanding their popularity throughout Asia. Their bandmates, Zhou Yi-Xuan and Kim Sungjoo went to Sydney, while the other one, Wang Yi-Bo, went back home to Luoyang, Henan province.

 

After a few minutes, the 5SOS boys, namely, Ashton Irwin, Michael Clifford, Calum Hood and Luke Hemmings, were already checked in to a hotel room in LA like they're in a hurry together with their management team, who's quite familiar to both Seungyoun and Wen Han as they passed by the hallway of the hotel. You heard it right, 5SOS and 1D were on the same management company, and the two know the management team of 1D cos they're both Directioners. They like watching 1D Video Diaries and stuffs aside from their MVs uploaded in YouTube. The two freaked out that they thought it's the 1D boys, but it was a group that they didnt knew, so they went to the elevator after. They were staying in the 12nd floor, Room 123. As they got into the room, Seungyoun and Wen Han freaked out once agan on the bed.

 

 "Damn man, I really thought 1D would be also here cos I saw their manager on the hallway," Seungyoun let his little frustration out, "well I just wanna have a picture with them or Niall's signature."

 "But seriously, I really dun know that group of boys." Wen Han replied.

 "But what I know, they invited a band called 5 Seconds of Summer to open for their two tours. Hmmm... could it be them?"

 "Naaaah... I dont think so."

 "But look, Wen Han, 5SOS is now really a trend today. 1D helped them for their little exposure. I must say, we must give 5SOS' music a try cos theyre in a different sound."

 "Alright then. But I'm already hungry right now, Younnie. Let's go downstairs first."

 "Ok..."

 

 They went back to the hallway to buy something they eat. Wen Han bought a hamburger, while spaghetti for Seungyoun. They were sitting on a four-chaired table, and continued talking about 5SOS until there were two men having their lunch boxes on their hands, asking Wen Han and Seungyoun to sit with them, and they agreed. At first, there was a moment of silence until someone from the two of those men broke the silence.

 

 "Uhhhmmn...I think your really look familiar to me," it's a guy with a red bandana on his head, talking to Wen Han

 "H-huuuuhhh? W-what are you talking about," Wen Han replied with his Chinese-accented English.

 "Same here, dude, but the other guy beside him's also familiar to me." The guy who has an 'Asian' face told to the same way to his hair-with-red-bandana friend, and I guess he's referring to Seungyoun.

 "Wh-Whaaaaatt?" Seungyoun screamed like a confused kid, still wondering, but Wen Han playfully hit Seungyoun's head.

 "Stop it, kiddo. Youre already on the legal age."

 "It hurts, man." Seungyoun replied with a cry like a 5-year-old.

 

 The two men were also laughing at Seungyoun's actions. No wonder, he's the fake maknae and the group clown.

 

 "Wait. Uhhhmmmm.. Cho Seungyoun?" The Asian-like guy pointed his fingers on him, still puzzled.

 "Whaaat? OMG HOW DID YOU KNOW MY NAME? WAIT. DONT TELL ME...YOURE CA--"

 "Yes, it's me, Calum!"

 "WHAAAAAT OMG~~ WAAAAAH!!!"

 

 Seungyoun screamed like a fanboy who met his idol, but this time, he screamed cos he didnt knew that the guy in front of him was his soccer bestfriend, Calum Hood. They met each other in Brazil, and trained together there. Since then, they became bestfriends, or more like brothers. They even competed together in the soccer category in Guangzhou Youth Olympics long years ago, but after the Olympics, Calum suddenly quitted soccer training and went back home to Sydney for personal reasons.

 

 "Hey, man~~ Wazzup? Youre still the silly Youn I ever knew." Calum chuckles.

 "Hahaha well, I'm pretty fine now. How bout you? How's life after soccer?"

 "Well, I guess I made a right decision. I have a peace of mind now, and I could relax myself more. Oh by the way, who's that guy beside you?"

 "Oh...he's my friend and bandmate as well. Lee Wen-Ha--"

 "LEE WEN-HAN, YOU SAY, LEE WEN-HAN?" The guy beside Calum shouted.

 "Wait...What? How did you know my name?" He rolled his eyes.

 "I guess you really dont remember your 'almost twin'."

 "Wait. A-Ashton Irwin? Is that you?" Wen Han's shock became wider.

 "Whoooaaaa Ash~~~ don't tell me this is really a ing coincidence!!" Calum panicked a bit, but instead, Ashton nodded.

 "Whoooaaaa~~ just whoaaa!! I almost couldnt recognize you, Ash, and this is really a coincidence."  Wen Han gave Ashton a fist bump.

 

 On the other hand, Wen Han and Ashton only met each other in Guangzhou cos of the Youth Olympics, and they were once competing each other in swimming category. Wen Han represented China, while Ash represented Aussie, but that doesnt stop them to become bestfriends, but their days were outnumbered as the Olympics activities were already done, and they need to bid farewell to each other. Wen Han directly flew to US to continue his study and training, but later on quitted, and went back to China, while Ashton went back to Aussie to finish high school. They were like 'almost twins' because they shared the same month and year, but Ash's a few days older than Wen Han, and they're also both weirdos.

 

 "Not really. Only the appearance, but I'm still the active and loud me."

 "Hahahaha I know it, Ash. XD"

 "Wait a minute guys, so, did you also compete with Ashton in Guangzhou?" Calum's still a bit shocked.

 "Yes...but I was only the second place..." Wen Han pouted.

 "And I was third...hahahahaha we're really almost twins..." Ashton laughed.

 "Whoooaaaa this is sooo cool~~ you also know our Wen Han," Seungyoun's smile went wider, "so nice to meet you, Ashton~~"

 "Same here...but what's your name again?"

 "Seungyoun, the foolish kiddo..." Wen Han chuckles.

 "HEY. IM NOT A KIDDO. IM ALREADY 18. XDD"

 "Whatever you want, Younnie..." He smirked.

 "By the way Wen Han, how did you exactly met Seungyoun?" Calum asked.

 "Well...we were both trainees in a Chinese company. We trained us to be the best performers. We learned how to dance like pro, sing, anything. Friendship between us has been sparkled during trainee days, and even now that we're already in the entertainment business, we treated ourselves members as real brothers. (:"

 "Whoaaa...we're really on the same field apart from sports." Ashton snapped his fingers.

 "Whooaa really? How bout yours?"

 "Well... we're in the band called 5SO--"

 "5SOS? YOU MEAN, 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER? YOU MEAN, THE BAND WHO TOURED WITH 1D TOGE--" Seungyoun suddenly paused his dialogue when he received an another slap on his head from Wen Han.

 "SHUT UP, KIDDO. JUST EEEWW. YOURE NOT A REAL MA--"

 "REAL MAN YOUR FACE~~" Seungyoun playfully fought back, "Haha sorry guys, this guy beside me's really a weirdo." He smirked.

 "Dun worry. We're also weirdos." Calum stated, then Cal and Ash made sime derp faces.

 "LOL IM SO DONE XDD" Wen Han couldnt stop laughing.

 "I know right, lololol, but yeah, we used to tour with 1D for two years. Theyre really great lads. Theyre the best. I bet youre both Directioners, right?"

 "OMG HOW DID YOU KN--" Seungyoun was being paused again.

 "There's a thing called, instict."

 "Lol....yeah..we're really Directioners, and I really find interesting that our friends' band's also friends with 1D. I CANNOT." Younnie cried again like a baby.

 "Dun worry. We'll be sending your regards to them. :D" Ashton assured them.

 "Thanks guys. Youre awesome."

 "No problem."

 

  They even talked about their memories of their athlete life and their embarassing moments like Ashton and Wen Han's 'accidental kiss' on the shower room, and Seungyoun's terrible singing voice while with drunk Calum. Those memories are more than gold for them cos through those, they even treasured them more as well as their training and competing moments. They even didnt knew that on that very single moment, the became instant friends.

 

 Too bad that their hours were being outnumbered as Calum received a call from their bandmates Luke and Michael, and they needed to go upstairs to their hotel room to rehearse, but before that, they had a surprise for YounHan.

 

 "By the way, before we go, can we have your mobile numbers and autographs, also?" Calum grinned.

 "I was also asking the same, Cal," Wen Han chuckled, "but then, sure. Haha"

 

  They even exchanged their numbers and autographed signatures between the four o them, and they gave extra tickets for their live gig at The Forum.

 

 "Whooaaaa...thank you so much for this, Calum and Ashton." Seungyoun felt this was so surreal.

 "No problem, dude. So, we gotta go now. Nice to see you again, and see you at the concert." Ashton smiled, then they left the table.

 "Nice to meet you too, mates. We'll gonna see you there~~" Wen Han waved his hand in them, as well as Seungyoun, and they waved backed.

 "OMG THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO SEE THEM LIVE!! SO EXCITING~~" Seungyoun really fanboyed this time, while Wen Han's laughing at him.

 "Me too~~ We'll be goin' rock and roll there~~ yeaaah~~" Wen Han posed like a rockstar with a rock-n-roll hand sign.

 

Unexpected moment comes with an unexpected people connected with each other, indeed. (;