The Prank

Healing Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sighed heavily as I walked in the classroom. I saw how my classmates threw deadly glares at me. It's as if I've killed somebody. Then there she is. The person who put me into this. Park Bom.  I thought we were friends. I trusted her.

 

This is the thing I hate being a transfer student. Entering a new world, you don't know anything. You don't know anyone. On the first day of school, Park Bom was the first person to have come to me and greet me. She had her eyes squinting and her lips playfully curved into a smile when I first met her. I thought we were gonna be best of friends since she always got my back whenever I have difficulties. But how could she do this to me? 

 

"Hey, Dara! Are you alright? You seem to be spacing out." asked Bom.

I looked at her and she's surprisingly calm. Doesn't she know what she did? There isn't even a hint of guilt that can be seen from her face.

 


"Don't mind me." was all I can say.

 


"Omo, are you mad at me?" she asked once again.

 


"What do you think? You know what, I really didn't want to lose my first friend at my new school..but" I said as she disrupted me.

 


"It was just a prank. Come on, Dara!" she said as she pat me on the back.

 

A prank? She messed up my innocent image in this school. Now everybody is talking about how b*tch the transfer student was. And that was me. Considering I am a transfer student, how could I right? How could I slap Kwon Jiyong who according to them, THE Kwon Jiyong and then later on defend myself for causing such grave action due to my impulsiveness.

 

 


"So..." I heard her sigh.

 


"Forgive me?" she added.

 


"You have to make it up to me. You pretty much ruined my image and reputation."

 


"Oh, Dara. You have no idea how this might change your life."

 


"What are you talking about? How could this change my life? Besides,.." again, she cut me off.

 


"Dara, I'm telling you. Just trust me. Nothing bad will happen to you." she assured me.

 


"What will I do now? How could I face him?" I don't know but something is pulling me to trust this person. 

 


"Just ask him to forgive you and agree to do whatever he wants." she nonchalantly said.

 


"Why would I do that? He might be dangerous and I don't.. I don't even know him!"

 


"Oh, I gotta go. I still have class. See you around, Dara!" Bom said leaving me dumbfounded.

 

 


"Yah! Park Bom! Get back here! I'm still not finished talking to you!" I exclaimed to the leaving Bom but she just turned her head and waved her hand at me, smiling brightly. Then suddenly I felt my phone vibrated in my pocket. 

 

 


'Yah! He's not dangerous! What are you thinking, Dara? Anyway, goodluck to apologizing to him! Hwaiting!'
Way to go, Dara! You've just earned yourself a crazy retarted friend. I'm not really that scared of him. That Kwon Jiyong. I just don't want to look stupid. But thinking about what I did to him, things will not go as easy as I think will be. It was pure stupidity! I don't want even for a second to remember it!

 

 

 

 

/*FLASHBACK*/

I was walking down the hallway trying to find the Multimedia Arts room when suddenly, along the way, I noticed a familiar figure who seems to be sulking at the school balcony. I took a few steps near the person and I was a bit startled upon seeing the person's face. It was Park Bom. My very first friend in this school. On my first day of school, I didn't have a hard time adjusting into a new environment because of her. She was totally friendly and she never left me. All throughout the day, she was with me, trying to help me get familiarized with the school. I thought to myself 'how lucky I am' to have met a friend like her. She was one of a kind. And now that I am seeing her unhappy, I felt unhappy too. I don't know what to do. I am not used to this lonely and unenergetic Park Bom. To understand what's happening, I started questioning her.

 


 

"Bommie-ah, are you okay? Why are you just by yourself?" I worriedly asked. She sobbed in response.

 


"Why are you crying? Are you hurt?" I asked, totally feeling uncomfortable with the situation.
 

 

"He..he cheated." She said between sobs.
 

 

"Who? Te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter