Love? More Like No

Miss Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


  My head leaned against the bus window while my eyes were observing the people carrying on with their busy lives. Slowly my eyes grew heavy, drifting me off into my dreams.

  There I was, standing on the hillside as the tall grass brushed against my legs. I sat down relaxed as the sun fell and the winds grew colder.

"You cold?" A  masculine voice said behind me.

"No, I'm fine." I said hesitantly. "I... I want to tell you something, Aidan..." My voice shook at the thought of what I was about to say.

"What is it, Lora?" As Aidan said my name, my heart skipped a beat.

"I'm... I'm in love with you..." I confessed.

  His silence grew, causing my heart to race even faster.

"You know-" I retorted cutting the silence, but his words cut me off before I could finish.

"The reason why I told you to come here was because I had to tell  you that, I'm leaving..." His cold and harsh voice pierced the atmosphere.
  My heart stopped. Leaving...This is so inconvenient... My mind was lost in thoughts, frustrating me; everything became a blur.

"Leaving?" I gave a sad chuckle under my breath. "How long? We can see each other when you come back, and I can wait for y-" I was cut off once again as he spoke.

"Stop. Please don't continue... I might not... ever see you again." His voice soften as his eyes saddened.   

  A pain ripped through my chest following streams of tears. What? Aidan is my childhood friend, he promised we'd always be together. He broke his promise... A feeling of betrayal overwhelmed me.

"You're an . You promised. You promised we would always be together!" I cried. His warmth caressed my body as his mascular body wrapped around my arms. Anger overcame my feelings forcing me to push him off.

"Don't touch me!" A face of disgust mirrored my emotions. I jumped up pushing him aside, rejection overtook his expression, leaving him crossing his arms; looking away from me.

  The scene became fuzzy, shifting to another. A familiar body structure became visible. Aidan... I thought. The setting changed to what looked like an airport, following multiple footsteps.

"Good-Bye Aidan, call us sometime." A male's raspy voice suggested. My father.

"Lora sweetie, aren't you going to say bye?" He questioned. My only response I could make out was a lip bite, holding back my tears.

   I held the necklace he gave me as he promised  that we will never be a part; clenching it in my fist, wanting to throw it away. I looked up at Aidan's back facing me from a distance. I miss you already...

  Suddenly everything went black; my body was paralyzed, all I could do was stare in fear. My ears rang from the loud shouts in the background, what's going on?!? I tried yelling, but my voice was gone. I was lost, afraid, and alone.

"Lora!" A women's voice echoed through my head. Suddenly the light flooded the dark atmosphere.
  My heart raced as I was pulled away from my past. I was back in the bus, but this time the bus was deserted leaving me alone with the bus driver.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter