What Hunger Leads You to

Covered

"He's so nice to me and we even spent the day searching for the book that we both love and he did all the talkings even I'm standing there like a retard penguin and..."

"Take your breath, Kyung Soo hyung," The boy reminded as Kyung Soo pouted.

"So you don't like him, Jonginnie?" The owlish guy pleaded.

"He seems nice. That's all. But don't be so timid," Jongin turned to the television which had the news about the famous human eater on earth, Ghoul.

"Ghoul, huh?" Kyung Soo sipped his coffee.

"Yeah. Maybe you should be careful," Jongin replied.

"Don't you hungry? Everytime we go outside together, you never eat," Kyung Soo said.

"Not interested in eating," Jongin avoided his hyung's gaze.

"Soo!" a voice heard as Kyung Soo turned to see a tall man came over them.

"Kris hyung! Jongin, I shall go now. See you later," Kyung Soo stood up to walk together with Kris.

Jongin stood up too a minute after Kyung Soo and that man went outside. He walked out and put on his mask also hoodie then stepped upon the crowd.

***

Kyung Soo happily told his day to Kris who listened calmly as they walked to watch a film. They both had a favourite movie that released days ago and decided to watch it together. He never felt that happy before because Kris was a definition of gentleman.

"So, are you happy today?" Kris smiled as they walked together to Kyung Soo's shared apartment with Jongin.

"I am! Thank you so much gegee~," Kyung Soo beamed as Kris circled his arm upon the latter's shoulder.

They strolled in the night hand in hand. Kyung Soo didn't notice that they went another way because he drowned into Kris's interesting topics. Once they were arrived in the alley, Kris pulled Kyung Soo to the wall.

"G-ge? What are you doing?" Kyung Soo gasped when Kris kissed him right away.

Kyung Soo felt a weird taste from Kris's mouth but his body weakened because Kris was the best kisser he knew. They continued to make out hotter in the alley. Kyung Soo moaned when Kris swifted to send butterfly kisses to his neck and shoulder.

"Ge. We shouldn't do it here," Kyung Soo said between his raging breath.

"You are so delicious," Kris murmured as Kyung Soo snapped in conciousness.

Suddenly he felt the worst pain ever from his shoulder. He turned his head to see blood flowing from his cutted flesh and screamed. Kris went aback and stared at him like he was his prey.

"I don't eat for a week and I'm hungry. So be nice okay?" Kris wiped the blood from his mouth while Kyung Soo was thinking to run away.

The moment Kris stepped ahead, Kyung Soo ran quickly, out of the alley. He searched for the lamps so he could see Kris's movement. The blood which dripping from his shoulder disgusted him much. The pain was unbearable and he could run out of blood because of the huge scar. He even ripped his sleeve and covered the deep wound.

The attack didn't end like that. Kris's fast movement left scars over Kyung Soo's body. He screamed when Kris scars his face, right on his left eye, leaving him blinded with red.

He kept running from Kris but stopped when he entered a ended alley. Kyung Soo's eyes went teary when Kris discovered him, cornered in the alley.

"Why are you running? I thought you like me," Kris grinned as Kyung Soo gasped to see the red eyes of a ghoul.

How can I be so stupid?

He prepared himself to die within seconds. Kyung Soo closed his eyes and waited for the attack.

One second...

Two...

Three..

He looked up quickly when he heard Kris groaned in pain. His eyes widened upon someone who came and twisted Kris's neck right away. The unknown boy kicked Kris away harshly and ripped his stomach. Kyung Soo lost his voice the moment when the boy turned to him.

Those red eyes, another ghoul.

The boy wore a mask, a unique one with triangle on it. His heart beat almost stopped when the boy opened his mask, letting the poor injured man to know the true identity.

"Jong-Jongin?" He called before passing out.

***

Kyung Soo woke up and tried to adjust his vision. He noticed the white ceiling and turned to see someone who sat beside the bed. Jongin was there and watched him worriedly.

"Jongin, where am I?" He weakly asked.

"You're in the hospital. That accident left you blind. But they insisted to put Kris's eye on you. It fits," Jongin explained because he didn't want to scare Kyung Soo more.

"You-You are a ghoul?" Kyung Soo turned to Jongin in shock upon remembering last night's encounter.

"I am," Jongin straightly answered.

The nurse suddenly came inside and put the tray of hospital food on the table. Kyung Soo was hungry because of the fatigue and told Jongin to help him prepare the meal. Jongin arranged the plates and Kyung Soo got his spoon. He digged the food then entered the food to his mouth.

The spoon fell and Kyung Soo threw the food away to a tissue near him. He never taste such a bad food before like this. It was bitter and disgusting. Jongin sighed beside him while cleaning the mess he made.

"Why can't I taste? Hospital food must be good," Kyung Soo snapped because he was sure that Jongin knew about this.

"You can't eat that," Jongin took his phone and activated the front camera upon Kyung Soo.

Kyung Soo shrieked upon his red left eye. The color was the same with Jongin's. He almost screamed but Jongin covered his mouth softly. The ghoul knew that Kyung Soo must be scared and confuse.

"Why it went red? Oh my God.. Kris is a ghoul then...," Kyung Soo remembered the show he watched about ghoul.

"Yes hyung, you are a half ghoul right know," Jongin concluded as Kyung Soo widened his eyes in shock.

"What should I do?!" Kyung Soo began to cry and Jongin couldn't help but hugged him tightly, letting his hyung poured all the frustation.

"Don't worry hyung, I'm here to guide you. I'm here to protect you. I'm always here," The ghould rubbed circles on Kyung Soo's back to calm him down.