A Similarity

The Eye of Naeve
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The noisy ringing of his alarm woke the young man from deep slumber. From the bundle on the bed, a long, tanned, muscular arm emerged, sluggishly feeling the bedside table until he hit the alarm clock. Messy dark brown locks showed as the young man slowly slipped off the covers. He sat up, eyes still closed and stretched, the covers pooling around his waist and exposing his bare upper body as he he yawned. The young man run a hand through his hair as he opened his mismatched eyes.

His left orb was a dark brown, still hazy from sleep, while his right glowed a beautiful blue. His mother had once called it magical.

It's as if I'm looking at another world. She once said, And it' s so beautiful.

Slowly, he inched off the bed, taking a few minutes to sit at the edge, eyes drooping down.  He shook his head, trying to get rid of the sleepiness, and stood, taking slow steps towards the bathroom. He discarded his boxers (the only article of clothing he had on) and stepped under the cold shower.

The cold water immediately slapped the drowsiness out of his system and the young man immediately started washing up before stepping out of the shower. He dried himself before wrapping a new towel around his waist and stepped out of the bathroom.

"Jongin, breakfast!" He vaguely heard his mom call as he took out his uniform from the closet.

"Coming!"

Instantly, he tugged his boxers and pants on, expertly doing the buttons on his shirt after. Jongin stared at the neck tie that hung before him and heaved out a heavy sigh, trying his best to tie it before throwing on his blazer. He grabbed his school bag and bounded down to the kitchen where his mother was busy with breakfast.

"Good morning!" He greeted, setting down his bag at the counter, heading over to kiss his mother's cheek.

Jongin's mother was a beautiful woman- tall with long wavy hair dyed a chestnut brown, kind brown orbs, much like Jongin's, and a cheerful smile.

"Good morning, Nini!" She happily replied, smiling at her son before turning back to cooking, "I see you're not wearing contacts today."

Jongin pouted, taking a seat at the table as his mother placed down a plateful of food, "Key threatened to hit me if I did."

"Well, thank him for me then," his mother laughed, shaking her head, "I don't see why you want to cover it up, Nini! Your eyes are dazzling."

"No, it's weird." He mumbled, grumpily digging in, "I mean who else has mismatched eyes? Everyone thinks I'm a freak."

"Is that breakfast I smell?" Jongin's father interrupted before his mother could reply, walking in and kissing his wife's temple lovingly.

"Good morning, dad." He greeted as his father sat down, whining when he father ruffled his hair.

"Hey there, Blue." His father had come to call him so, teasingly referring to his eye, "No contacts today?"

"Key." Jongin simply answered.

"Ah." His father nodded, "That explains a lot."

There was a comfortable silence as Jongin devoured his food while his father waited for his. A loud honk interrupted the serenity and Jongin immediately stood.

"That's Key." He says as he gulps down his glass of milk,  Gotta go, see ya later, bye!"

"Have fun at school!" His mother called out as Jongi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter