1/1

To Learn

Never once Tao imagined he will hate a person this much. He rarely hates someone before as he's the type who tried his best to like people and many of his friends said he's easy to talk to and he's quite proud of it. He never knew he can feel this much hate towards someone who he knew he usually will like but shockingly he hates with so much feelings that he always avoided meeting his so called new enemy, like Kyungsoo said.

"Tao-yah, Jongdae is looking for you."

"I don't know him." the tall man was trying to focus on Kyungsoo's notes as he tried to copy his best friend's homework as fast as he can.

"He said you're his new best friend, though."

"I don't care." Tao his lips as he only had three more question to finish.

"You hurt me, Taozi."

Tao froze on his seat when a familiar voice whispered on his left ear, he could even hear the smile when he hadn't saw it and he shivered before suddenly standing up from his seat and stared down at shock Jongdae.

"Oops?" and Jongdae gave him his chesire like smile that made Tao frowned.

"What are you doing here..." the tallest man took his and Kyungsoo's notebook before taking a seat beside the man with large eyes who only raised his eyebrows in amusement at Tao's reaction to Jongdae's presence.

"Looking for you, Kyung just told you that, are you deaf or something?"

And that's one of many reasons why Tao hated Jongdae. The smaller man had sharp tongue and for Tao who's sensitive it hurted him couple of times already. Tao's close friends knew about that and trained themselves not to say mean words to Tao, almost all except Baekhyun who had potty mouth but this one fellow was like doing it in purpose to push Tao's button whenever he wanted to.

Tao didn't reply Jongdae and focused on finishing his homework before giving Kyungsoo his notebook back. "Thanks. I'll go to the toilet." he didn't spare a glance at Jongdae as he knew the smaller man will follow him just like a little duckling.

"Taozi, why are you ignoring me again? I need to talk to you."

"Can't it wait? I need to pee first."

"Fine. I'll wait here."

Tao glance at Jongdae who pressed his back to the wall next to the bathroom door as he went inside. He really wanted to run away like some thief in action movie through the window but it was unfortunate that he was in fourth floor. He wanted to stay long to make Jongdae tired of waiting but he knew the smaller man will make fun of why he took so long.

Tao opened the door and walked back to his class, Jongdae's footsteps behind him.

"Wait, I need to talk to you, not in class!" Jongdae pulled Tao's hand, succeed in stopping the tall man before he pulled him to a secluded area.

"What is it?"

Jongdae looked up at Tao, a pout on his lips as Tao was not looking at him and kept his eyes elsewhere but him. "I need you to be my bodyguard."

"Your what?" Tao snapped his head to Jongdae who bit his lips in worried. It was a rare sight to see as the smaller man usually had his smile on almost every seconds.

"Bodyguard. Can you? Please? I'll pay you as much as you want. Just please, please, please be my Bodyguard." Jongdae took a step and his hand reached out to pull the hem Tao's shirt. "I will give you everything, just be my Bodyguard." he whispered.

Tao frowned as Jongdae looked desperate. The music club member was staring straight to him, his eyes which usually shows confidence were now full of doubt and Tao wondered why. "Why should I?"

"Anything, Huang Zitao. I will give you anything, isn't that a good offer?"

"I don't know. Even if it is... If it's you..." Tao trailed off.

"Tao, please. You know I never beg to someone before. I know you don't like me and that's why I beg to you right now, can you please be my Bodyguard? I don't want appa to choose another Bodyguard for me, I don't need one, I can handle myself. But he said no, that I don't learn any self defense and he will only allow me my freedom if I find my own Bodyguard."

Appa?

Tao tilted his head. What was Jongdae talking about? Why does he need a Bodyguard, what is he that his father doesn't allow him to go without someone to protect him?

"You didn't know? I thought you already knew..."

"Knew what?"

"My father is a police and currently some prisoners he caught ran away. He's worried of me and he doesn't want anyone to bother me as they might want revenge, that's why. Kyungsoo didn't tell you?"

He might have but maybe I'm just not interested, Tao wanted to reply. "No."

"Come on, Tao. Just for couple of months, just until my father caught them again." Jongdae took another step and Tao wasn't comfortable at their closeness that he pushed down Jongdae's hand who had been gripping on his shirt.

"Not interest. Just let your father choose it for you."

"But it's too obvious, Tao! It will only attract attention and I don't need anymore attention!" Jongdae's voice started to get whiny and it irritated Tao so much.

"I thought you like attention."

"It depends on whose attention!"

"My answer is no, I have to go back to class, the bell's about to ring." Tao shook his head and walked pass Jongdae.

"TAO!!"

Tao froze when he felt Jongdae threw himself to his back, his hands were circling around his torso. "Yah."

"Please... I really need your help. Kyung told me you're good at martial arts... You can do it, right? I really will give anything to you. I will even be your slave if you want, just please..."

Jongdae's voice started to tremble and Tao felt guilty for a moment.

"Jongdae--"

"I'm scared, Tao..."

The hands on Tao's stomach got tightened. He felt his back became wet and he knew Jongdae was crying.

"Jongdae, let go of me."

Tao felt Jongdae pressing himself even more to him, "N-no! I won't let you go until you say yes!"

"Let go of me this instant or I won't accept it."

Jongdae let go of Tao in second before he took a step back. He wiped his face and sniffed, staring up at Tao who turned around and ran a hand through his hair as he inhaled deeply.

"So it's a yes?"

"I need time to think of it."

"No! We don't have time! Appa said today, he will appoint his friend to do it if I don't give him the news today, Tao no..." Jongdae grabbed Tao's shirt, biting his lips and gave him puppy eyes that made Tao gulped, feeling his wall crumbling fast.

"What do you want, Tao? I will give you anything, I'm serious. I will stop bothering you when this agreement finish, if you want."

And that made a bell ringing inside Tao's head.

"Deal."

"R-really?"

"Yeah. Let's write our agreement later on break time."

Jongdae widened his eyes, he gave his brightest grin before his lips turned down and his eyes became teary. "Thank you so much, Taozi!!" he hugged Tao so tight that the tall man groaned in annoyance.

"Let go, let go of me!!"

"Thank you, Taooo!! I will do anything to repay you!!"

Tao sighed as he let Jongdae rubbed his face to his shirt like a puppy to its owner. He looked down to see Jongdae smiling up at him. He reluctantly smiled back.

You'll regret this, Kim Jongdae.



 





"! What the hell just happened!?" Baekhyun pointed at Jongdae who was clinging to Tao, Kyungsoo only shrugged as Chanyeol wrapped an arm on Tao's shoulder.

"How much bet do you make for this, hmm?" asked Chanyeol.

"He's not doing a bet. He's helping me because you reject my offer, Yeol!!"

Chanyeol tilted his head a little to see Jongdae raising an eyebrow at him. "Seriously? He agreed to be your bodyguard?"

"He begged me." Tao answered.

Baekhyun gasped, "Chen! I can't believe you do that!"

Jongdae squinted his eyes to Baekhyun, "I begged and it's not working. He agreed because of the payment."

"How much is the payment?" asked Kyungsoo.

"He hasn't told me."

Chanyeol let go of Tao and went to whispered something to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, the former started giggling while the latter covered his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Don't you dare whispering in front of me, Park Chanyeol..." Tao was ready to take kick the taller man on the shin but was stopped with Jongdae's surprising hard grip.

"Tao, do you bring a car?"

"What?"

"A car. Why you always ask me to repeat myself?" the smaller pouted.

Tao frowned, "I don't have a car. I'm still a high school student where do you think I get the money to buy it?"

"Ah, right. Sorry. We have to go now, guys. Eomma's car is waiting. See you tomorrow!" Jongdae dragged Tao with him and left his other three friends who were watching with interest in their eyes.

"How much you want to bet that Tao won't be able to stand Jongdae for three days?" Chanyeol turned to his friends.

"Make that a week." Baekhyun grinned.

"He will survived. The payment was anything he wants anyway. From what I know Tao will definitely make Jongdae his slave."

Chanyeol and Baekhyun turned to Kyungsoo with mouth wide open.

"What?!"





"Can't we just go back with bus?" asked Tao who just climbed inside Jongdae's mother's car.

"Nope. Eomma said it's dangerous. You see, she and my father fought a lot about this. They worried too much of me. Appa wants me to have bodyguard while Eomma make sure I go anywhere with her driver."

"Are you the only son?"

"No. But my brother's studying in China right now."

"China?"

Jongdae hummed as he took out his phone, he scrolled on the screen before showing Tao a file. "Read this. This is important."

Tao took the phone and started reading. His eyes slowly get wider with each paragraph he read, "Wait...this is...I can't do this! Why are you giving me their profiles? I only do martial arts, I don't kill people!"

"But you have to be prepared anytime. You never knew when one of them will attack me!" Jongdae said.

Tao rolled his eyes as he gave Jongdae his phone back. "Oh please, how can you be so sure they'll attack you..."

"It happened before." Jongdae lifted his shirt and showed a scar on his left ribs. It was a long one and the stitch was still clear. "It happened five years ago. I would be dead by now if appa didn’t make a bodyguard secretly following me."

Tao held his breath as he stared at the scar. Jongdae suddenly felt shy at the way Tao stared at his scar with intensity that he pulled down his shirt. "You know now why I told you I will give you everything, right?"

"What if I failed? I didn't think it will be this serious. It can cost a life, mine, yours, or maybe both of us. I told you I can't use any weapon. I can only win bare handed!"

"We will train you. My father has a friend." Jongdae smiled.

"Can I take back my word?"

Jongdae's smile fell in instant. He gulped hard, lips pressed tight as his hand reached out to take Tao's hand. "You said yes."

"I don't know it will be this dangerous, Jongdae."

Jongdae gripped Tao's hand hard, he leaned in and the closeness between them surprisingly didn't make Tao felt uncomfortable this time. "I believe in you. I saw you perform before, I'm sure you can do it in weeks."

"I won't take responsibility if you..."

Jongdae laughed, shaking his head as he let go of Tao's hand. "Now you're thinking too far. It's not that easy to get a gun, you know?"

"There are many ways to kill a person, Jongdae." Tao didn't understand, how could Jongdae took the matter so lightly? It was his life he's giving to Tao. Tao wasn't a trained bodyguard, the chance of Jongdae getting hurt was high.

"And I have you, so it's okay." Jongdae grinned at Tao before he moved his eyes to his phone. "I need to call Appa and tell him this good news."

It was a bad news for Tao. It was him who regret it in the end. He really needed to think carefully what kind of payment he will ask if he succeeded in protecting Jongdae.

If...



 






It was insane. The practice Jongdae was talking about was not like any that Tao ever had. The trainer that was chosen to him was evil, he was sure. The man who was taller than him had this stoic face and he punished Tao whenever he made a mistake. He has two other students and their ages were around Tao that he felt a little bit happy and amazed with those two.

Sehun and Jongin were like a twins, they made the same movement and never missed a beat. Jongin’s speciality was in guns while Sehun in knives. Tao gulped the first time he saw then in action. He surely won't stay near them whenever they had a weapon in their hands.

"Good work today, Tao. We will move to the next level tomorrow."

"Already?" Tao was panting hard as he wiped his forehead. He spent three hours training his reflex and the twins were definitely on a different level with him. He felt like going home and sleep already, not bothering to get to shower or even eat.

"We don't have much time so I taught you what Mr. Kim told me to." Kris patted Tao's back and smiled, something that he wouldn’t miss after their session. "Jongdae is waiting outside."

Tao raised his eyebrows. "Jongdae is here?"





Jongdae greeted Tao with his warm smile, he ran a little to Tao who had this frown on his face.

"What are you doing here?"

"To see my bodyguard's progress or course. I brought you food, let's eat!!" Jongdae linked his arm with Tao's and dragged him to the nearest bench.

"I'm not hungry."

"Too bad, I made this especially for you so eat it or I will tell Kris hyung to torture you tomorrow." Jongdae pushed Tao to sit down on the seat.

"You can cook?"

Jongdae nodded, "I love your shock face, Taozi. It means that you never listened when Kyung told you about me."

"I hate you in the first place, so..."

Jongdae hummed, not aware that Tao's secretly remembering how they hate each other as he took a seat beside Tao, opening the box he brought and gave it to the taller man. "I don't know what you like, so I just made my favorite food."

Tao eyed the food. It looked delicious. He tried a bite before nodding, giving thumb up to Jongdae who grinned.

"I learn from the best."

"Who?"

"Kyungsoo."

"Ah..."



Tao ate until his stomach was full and he felt sleepy. After that Jongdae took him back with his driver and Tao who was too tired said thank you even when he didn't want to. Jongdae rarely pushed his button for the last couple days so he could drop his guard down around the smaller man. His current focus was how to mastered what Kris taught him and finished his job as soon as possible.



 






The next week was hard. The hardest week in Tao's year, he was sure of it. Kris was more strict than usual and he knew why. There was news about one of the escaped prisoner and it was not good. Tao heard Kris talked with Sehun and Jongin and he felt nervous.

"Where is Jongdae, hyung?"

"At his father's office." answered Kris.

"He's safe, right?"

"For now."

Tao nodded in relief and he turned his head when he heard someone chuckled.

"Jongdae said you hate him. People can still worried about someone they hate, huh?" Sehun tilted his head.

"It's a matter of life here. I promised him something I can't fulfill." Tao glared at the younger man with blond hair.

"I don't understand why he hired you when he has us." Jongin tsked as he dragged Sehun away from Tao who blinked his eyes.

"Us?"

"Kim Jongin!!" Kris's voice made the twins scurried away from the room while laughing together.

"Hyung, what are they talking about? What does it mean, does it mean that they’re Jongdae’s bodyguards? Jongdae said he didn't want his father's friend as a bodyguard. He didn't tell me they are the bodyguards!"

Kris sighed, "Calm down, Tao. They're just joking."

"I don't believe you. They rarely talk to me and I know they're not joking." Tao glared at Kris who shrugged.

"Jongdae hates them as they never talk to him, that's why he search for a new bodyguard. Pack up your bag, he’s waiting again."




Tao asked for an explanation when he saw Jongdae with a bento box on his hands. The smaller gave a pout as he dragged Tao to their usual bench, promised Tao he will tell the story to him after he ate.

The tanned man eat in hurry and Jongdae told him to be careful as not to choke on himself.

"I'm done. Now tell me. You lied to me. You have two capable, talented, young bodyguards. Why you choose me, are you playing with me?"

Jongdae sighed. He close the box and put it inside his bag before he stared down to the ground. "I told you already. I believe in you, more than I believe those two brats."

"I don't care, Jongdae. It's dangerous. It's your life in the line, I can't protect you, I still need a long way to go to be able to became a killer like those brats!" Tao said in frustration.

"I don't care either! I want you to protect me, not them!"

"Why are you so stubborn! I'm worried about you, what if something happen to you? Those people are dangerous!" Tao raised his voice.

"I'm worried more that I can't go to school and see you!!" Jongdae shouted. He stared at shocked Tao before cursing, "Ughhhhh those brats, really...let's go home now. It's late."

Tao pulled Jongdae who already stood up to sat down again. "Explain your words just now."

"No."

"Explain."

"I said no!!" Jongdae tried to pushed Tao's hand away but the man was definitely stronger and he struggled until he gave up.

Tao leaned his face close to Jongdae who squeaked in surprise. "Explain it now, Kim Jongdae."

Jongdae parted his lips, his eyes were avoiding Tao's eyes but the taller put his face in place with his other free hand so the smaller stared at him in the eye. The smaller shut his eyes close, shaking his head.

"Tsk." Tao let go of Jongdae who quickly stood up.

"Stand up now or I will leave you here!" Jongdae turned around and ran to his car while Tao groaned in frustration.

Jongdae's cheeks were red earlier and Tao might already got his answer from it.



 





Sehun and Jongin were watching as Tao slumped to the near wall. Kris just scolded him and punished him but Tao couldn’t feel the way his body needed rest, instead focusing on the memory of Jongdae’s cheeks turned into red. Did it really mean what he thought of? Was it possible for the smaller man to like him? How could he, he knew Tao hated him. Unless...did he make a bet with his friends? Chanyeol mentioned a bet and Tao knew his friends like to do those things, except Kyungsoo who usually watch from afar to be a fair judge.

“Tao?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you okay?”

Tao looked up to see Jongin and Sehun towering over him. He stared at them for a moment before shaking his head. “I don’t understand Jongdae. I can’t focus on the training...Kris hyung will be mad at me again…” he sighed.

Sehun shared a look with Jongin before both of them took a sit in front of Tao, making a little circle.

“What happened with Jongdae?” asked Jongin.

“You know he dragged me into this right? I’m confuse as why he choose me as his bodyguard...he has both of you already. I’m sure he will be save in your hands.”

“He wants you, that’s why. He’s the youngest so he gets everything he wants.” Sehun shrugged as he hugged both of his knees.

“Pampered too much, huh?”

“Not really. His parents were busy so the only way for him to get attention is to make impossible requests.” Jongin tilted his head and supported it with his palm above his leg. “We got used to that as we literally live with him like we are his brothers.”

“We got pampered too but his father took us for a different reason and we trained since we were a child.” Sehun added.

Tao straightened his back and folded his arms, “Training. Why he doesn’t learn any self defense or how to use a weapon?”

“Mrs. Kim doesn’t allow him. Mr. Kim wanted too but he lost so, yeah.” Jongin nodded.

“But it’s dangerous…”

“That’s why he has us.” Sehun gave a small smile which shocked Tao for a moment. Sehun rarely smiled, he usually smirked like Jongin but Jongin smiled more often to him when he joked around with Kris after practice.

Tao jutted his lower lips before he dropped his lower body to the ground, “Never imagine I will be someone’s bodyguard.”

“It’s fun, Tao. Fun yet dangerous. You will like the feeling you have the first time you protected someone after those long practice.” Jongin patted Tao’s thigh.

“I don’t want the dangerous to come, though…”



 






Tao was disappointed when Jongdae didn’t come like usual to pick him up. He got used to have dinner with the smaller man’s cooking that he actually missed Jongdae. The car and driver still came though as Tao was sitting inside of it which was moving to his place.

“I must be crazy…” he whispered to himself.

“Sir?”

Tao looked up when the driver called him, “Yeah?”

“Mr. Kim said the wants to meet you.”

“Mr. Kim...Jongdae’s father?”

“Yes.”

“Is Jongdae with him?”

The driver stared at Tao through the mirror, “I’m afraid no, Sir. Young master Jongdae is at home while his father is at his office.”

Tao inhale deeply, “Ughhh...I guess I have no option, right?”





Tao was taller than Mr. Kim but the aura the older man gave to him intimidated him a lot he felt himself shrinking on his seat as he wait for Jongdae’s father on a call.

“I need to go, will call you again.” Mr. Kim put down his phone and Tao met his eyes, unconsciously gulping and feeling his hands started to sweat. “Tao, right?”

“Yes, sir.”

Mr. Kim smiled and his warm eyes reminded Tao of Jongdae’s. “I’m glad I finally meet you. I have been busy lately, I should have meet you the first day Jongdae choose you as his bodyguard.”

“I understand, sir.”

Mr. Kim laughed and Tao felt confused, “Don’t look scared like that. I’m just a father right now, not an intimidating investigator.”

Tao felt relief, only a little bit but he didn’t feel his shoulder as stiff as before. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. I understand. His friends acted the same way whenever I’m around that sometimes I showed my working face in purpose to make fun of them.”

The tanned young man smiled when Mr. Kim laughed, he could see that Mr. Kim was a good father. His laugh even sounded warm. “May I ask why you wanted to see me, sir?”

“Ah, yes. I just want to check on your training with Kris. How’s he? I used to train with his father before, he’s a good kid. Already interest to become a cop since he was a child but his father never allows him.”

“He’s scary. He’s a strict teacher but this is serious, I understand he can’t go easy on me.” Tao answered.

“I’m sorry for the trouble Jongdae put on you. You weren’t meant to be like this yet he...he talked to me about your payment and yes, I will give you anything for you as long as you protect my son. Sehun and Jongin will always around Jongdae too so don’t you worry.”

Tao nodded, his smile grew larger and he leaned back to his seat albeit still sitting straight. “I will try my best, sir. I promised him already. It’s not really about the payment, I’m not that close to him before but I have the chance to know Kim Jongdae now and I think it’s a good opportunity to learn from Kris hyung.”

Mr. Kim laughed at Tao’s reply, “You’re such a nice kid. I’m glad Jongdae has many kind friends around him.”



 






"Where's Jongdae?"

Kyungsoo looked up to see Tao hovering over his desk, "In his class?"

"Nope, can't find him. His hideout or something?"

"Music room?"

"Not there either."

Kyungsoo frowned, "Weird. What did you do?"

"Excuse me?" Tao folded his arms, raising one eyebrow to his small friend, "I didn't do anything, he's the one who ran away from me. He said to protect him, how can I do that when he doesn't want to see me?"

"There's a reason someone avoid a person, you know."

"You must know why, then."

"No, I don't. I haven't met him today."

"Seriously where is he? I need to talk to him..." Tao puffed his cheeks, making Kyungsoo reached up to him and poke his cheek with his finger.

"How about rooftop?" Kyungsoo smiled.




"You're hard to find, Kim Jongdae." Tao looked down to Jongdae who was lying down, arms covering his face.

Tao waited but Jongdae didn't move. "Are you sleeping?" he squatted down, slowly moving Jongdae's arm from his face and the smaller man was indeed asleep.

The taller man sighed, shifting his body to sitting position as he watched Jongdae, his chest rise and fell in even rhythm. Tao never really pay attention to Jongdae’s face before. He had a long, pretty eyelashes currently pressing on his cheek. His lips were thin and his cheekbones were high. Tao bis his lips, his finger poking on the smaller’s cheek.

"If only you don't talk that much."




Jongdae frowned, slowly opening his eyes before closing it again as the sun was blinding him. "Ughhhhh..." he groaned, turning his body to the side and bumped into something. He opened his eyes again, catching a familiar cat like orbs.

"Good evening, sleepyhead."

Jongdae widen his eyes, bolting up and took his distance from Tao. "W-what are you doing here?"

"You won't wake up and I need to talk to you. I don't want you to run away again so I have to skipped classes."

Jongdae felt his heart beat increase, gulping as he moved his eyes down. "I don't run away..."

"I didn't see you for almost a week. If not running away what you call it? Avoiding me? What did I do, Kyungsoo said there must be a reason why." Tao pouted.

Jongdae rubbed his left hand, the part where he bumped to Tao before. "Nothing... I'm just busy doing something..."

Tao scoffed, "You're not a bad liar, you can do better than that, Jongdae. Is it because you just woke up?"

Jongdae shook his head. "Class is finish, right? Let's go home, I will drop you..." he stood up and Tao followed him.

"Jongdae."

"Yeah..." he kept walking even as Tao called him.

"Why won't you look at me? Did I do something wrong?"

"No."

"Then why?"

"Nothing, Tao." Jongdae took a glance at Tao with small smile but it only irritated the taller man.

Tao pulled the smaller's hand, Jongdae was surprised at the sudden power that turned him around and bumped his body into Tao's.

"Yah!"

Tao took Jongdae's other hand, the smaller was looking angrily at him but it made the taller smirked. "Finally."

"What are you doing, let go of my hands!" Jongdae tried to pulled his hands but his power was nothing compared to Tao.

"Answer me and I'll let you go."

"I said you didn't do anything!"

"Then why, if it's not me, is it you?"

"Yeah, it's me, so let go--ughhhhh...Tao! It hurts!"

Tao let go in instant and Jongdae gave a dirty look to him as he rubbed his wrist. "I'm sorry."

"Let's go back. I'm tir--"

Tao had a weird feeling so suddenly as he stopped listening to Jongdae. He felt something was weird, the hall was too quiet. He knew there should be some students who were still at school and when he realized what it was, he suddenly pushed Jongdae to squatted down and seconds after a loud bang was heard.

"."

Tao turned his face, trying to find where the voice came from. "Jongdae, stand up. Run as fast as you can!" he turned back to Jongdae and saw the man was shaking. His eyes were opened wide and Tao cursed. He quickly scooped Jongdae up on his arms before he ran. He heard footsteps behind him as he tried to think of where to hide.

"Where are the twins right now!" he said, eyes looking right and left.

Another loud bang came with a sound of man screaming and giving orders. Jongdae hid his face on Tao's chest, hands clenching hard at the taller's shirt. "Tao... I'm scared."

"I know..." Tao whispered.

He stopped at the nearest bathroom and went inside. He put Jongdae down and locked the door before he pulled Jongdae away from the door. He put out his phone and dialed Kris number.

"The twins are there. Don't worry." was what Kris said as soon as he picked up.

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Yeah, someone has been following Jongdae, we knew it since couple of days ago."

Tao stared at Jongdae who had one hand gripping at the hem of his shirt.

"What should I do? How many people are there?"

"From what we know there are two. You bring your knives, right?"

"Yeah."

"Great. Just make sure Jongdae is save."

Tao hung up and put his phone back to his pocket.

"They're here...how...how can they come to school? What if people is hurt because of me? Tao, where are Jongin and Sehun?" Jongdae looked up at Tao, his eyes were glassy.

"Don’t worry, no one's here. Everyone went home already."

"Tao..."

"Shhhh...Jongdae, calm down. I'm here, okay? I will protect you."

"What if you got hurt?"

"I won't. They won't come and get you, the twins are here, they can handle him."

Jongdae swallowed hard. He bit his lips before he took a step into the taller. "Promise me you won't hurt yourself."

"I will try my best. It bound to happen though, I'm your bodyguard, I'm ready to hurt myself for you." Tao chuckled as he tried to joke.

Jongdae shook his head, his free hand reached up to Tao's cheek. "It hurts me more to see you hurt."

Tao blinked at Jongdae’s words. He parted his lips as Jongdae moved his other hand up to cup his face. "Jongdae..."

"Tao, I'm sorry. But...I like you." the small moved his hand, pulling Tao down by his neck as he pressed his lips into Tao's.

Tao didn’t move, his mind was suddenly blank as he felt those lips on his. He didn’t know what to do and before he could reacted, footsteps were heard and Jongdae jolted in shock, pulling himself away. Tao pushed Jongdae behind him, he took out his knife from his pocket and got ready for anything that will happen.

They waited for the next sound as they heard two people were talking with each other.

Someone knocked on the door and Jongdae pressed himself to Tao’s back.

"Tao? Jongdae?"

Both Tao and Jongdae felt relief washed over their bodies hearing Jongin's voice, they let out sighs as they had been holding their breath, already imagining the worse that will happen.

"We are here." Tao answered, opening the door to see Sehun with Jongin.

"Let's go back. Your car is waiting."

Jongdae eyed his friends, his eyes widen when he caught red stain on Sehun’s shirt. "Sehun!! Are you okay?" he went to the younger man who chuckled.

"Don't worry, it's just a scratch. Jongin helped me before the man could do anything bad."

Jongdae inspect the blood on Sehun's arm and sighed when what Sehun said was true.

"What about them?" Tao asked Jongin, he looked to the left and right, the hall was still empty.

"We took care of them." Jongin smiled.

Tao smiled back to Jongin, patting his back. "Thank you. I really don't know what to do, I might won't be able to protect him."

"You can and you will." Jongin answered with a wink.





Jongdae bit his lips, arms folded as he stared at Kris. He felt like screaming at the moment.

"It was a test?"

"I'm sorry. Mr. Kim asked me to do it. He wanted to see what you will do." answered Kris to Tao’s question.

"Sehun? Wasn't he hurt?"

"No. It was just a property from drama club. "

Tao gritted his teeth, "You should have told me! I was scared, what if Jongdae got shot!"

"No, he won't."

"But hyung!"

Yifan raised an eyebrow at Tao who immediately shut his mouth.

"We need to see you in action, Tao. Practice wasn't enough, even when you have a good reflex, you’re not used to feel the real danger that we have to make up certain situations."

"But still, what if I can't move? What if something happen to Jongdae?"

"Tao, that won’t happen as this was made up. Jongdae’s fine, he's beside you."

"I know, I said what if!"

Kris shook his head at his student’s reaction, "Anyway. Mr. Kim wanted to see both of you after this, on his office. You better go now. You still have practice tomorrow, Tao."

Tao groaned before he stood up. "I'm sure this won't be the last time, right?"

Kris smirked, "Great guess. Please prepare yourself next time. You too, Jongdae. Never let your guard down and never left Tao's side."





"Are you okay?"

Jongdae nodded.

"You sure?"

Another nod and Tao sighed, watching Jongdae looked down to his lap, his hands playing with each other. He was nervous, Tao could see. They were waiting for Jongdae's father on his office.

"Jongdae, I'm sorry. I will try my best on the next test."

Jongdae whispered an okay and it made Tao worried.

"Please don't be like this. I don't know what to do when you're silent."

"I don't know what to say either..."

The tanned man smiled, "That’s surprising..."

"I know..."

The taller bit his lips as he watched for Jongdae, he sighed and decided to just don’t bother Jongdae anymore. They both went silent for minutes before Mr. Kim finally came back to his office.

“Jongdae.”

Jongdae stood up, bowing to his father before he was hugged by his father.

“Are you okay, son?”

“I hate Kris.” Jongdae said.

Mr. Kim chuckled, patting the smaller’s back, “I know. I’m sorry, I didn’t know about it either.”

“What is it that you want to tell us, Appa? I’m so tired I hope you won’t talk for too long…” Jongdae hugged his father back, closing his eyes as he smelt the familiar perfume belongs to his father.

“I need to talk to Tao.”

Jongdae pulled himself, staring up at his father with a frown. “Again?”

“Yes, Again.” Mr. Kim faced Tao who was already standing, smiling to him politely and the older man told him to sit back as well as Jongdae. “I already remind him to take care of you, so don’t you worry, Dae. From what I heard, Kris said Tao does have a good reflex and with more practice he’s sure he can catches up to the twins.”

Jongdae slumped down on his seat, feeling both tired and bored already.

“I need him to know one more thing.” Mr. Kim faced Tao.

“What is is, Sir?” asked Tao.

Mr. Kim smiled warmly, walking to his desk and sat on it. He tilted his head, “I heard about it from Kris too, and I’m okay if you both want to do it.”

Tao blinked his eyes while Jongdae straightened his back. “What are you talking about, Appa?”

Mr. Kim chuckled, “Jongdae, don’t play with me. I know why you choose Tao to be your bodyguard.”

Tao was still not understand what Jongdae’s father was implying so he turned to Jongdae to ask but he saw the same expression the smaller showed couple of days before, the one which made him couldn’t focus on his practice.

Jongdae’s cheeks were red as he glared to this father. “If that’s all that you wanted to say, we’re going home now.”

“Oh no, son, not we. You’re going back to our house while Tao went to his own house.”

Jongdae stood up, his hands were clenching into fist on his sides. “That’s what I meant!!” he said before he turned around and took fast steps out of the room.

The bodyguard slowly stood up too and bowed to Mr. Kim. “I will go now, sir.”

“Be careful. And please, take care of him. He’s hard to deal but when you see the real Jongdae, he’s only a baby who wants many things.”

Tao smiled, nodding his head and bowed once again before he went out of the room.






Jongdae was waiting in front of the building for Tao. The taller man saw him and walked to Jongdae who stared on his shoes. “Don’t take his word seriously. He likes to joke around.”

“Do you like to joke around too?”

Jongdae lifted his head, “What do you mean?”

“The kiss and confession earlier.”

“T-that’s…” Jongdae faced other way, trying to hide his blush but Tao still could see the way his ears went red.

“Jongdae.”

“The car’s waiting.”

Tao knew Jongdae tried to avoid him but he was quick to caught the smaller hand. “Stop.” he close the gap between them, his chest almost touching with Jongdae’s shoulder. He loosen his grip on Jongdae’s wrist, moving down to held the smaller hand.

Jongdae’s hand was warm and he kind of liked the feeling. Tao gulped, his eyes trailing the smaller face, slowly from his hair, his pretty eyelashes, nose, and he stopped on Jongdae’s lips. He felt his heart beat quicken and nervously he moved his free hand to the smaller man’s waist.

An intake of air was heard and Jongdae closed his eyes.

“Tao, we should head back…”

“Do you like me?” Tao leaned down to whispered on Jongdae’s ear, making the smaller man pulled himself away from the taller.

Jongdae shook his head, not believing his own voice will sound stable if he answered.

“So...it was a lie?”

A nod was the answer but Tao didn’t believe it. He pulled Jongdae closer to him, the smaller squeaked. “N-no!”

“Jongdae.”

“L-let go of me!”

Tao had a firm grip on Jongdae’s waist, putting him in place as the smaller tried to free himself. “You like me, Jongdae.” he stated.

“I don’t!”

“You don’t? See me in the eyes and say it.” ordered Tao.

Jongdae looked up, his eyes were glaring and he pressed his lips tight, “I don’t like you.” his voice was normal, sounded convincing, but the blushed on his cheeks betrayed him as the taller was inspecting him.

Tao stared at Jongdae’s warm orbs, the pair which always shined brightly whenever he saw him, something that he realized couple of hours before. “I don’t like you either.”

A glint flashed on the smaller eyes before Jongdae quickly averted his eyes, “Please, let go of me.”

“No.”

“Yah, let go of me you--”

Tao leaned down, pressing his lips into Jongdae’s and his mind went blank, just like what happened when Jongdae kissed him. The taller waited for any reaction and when he got nothing he smiled, giving more pressure to those pair of lips, causing a small sound to come from the man on his arms.

Jongdae pushed Tao with all his might and succeed. He breathed hard, chest rising and falling and it reminded Tao of the way the smaller was sleeping. “I hate you.” he whispered.

Tao chuckled, shaking his head as he opened his palm up. “Let’s go home.”

Jongdae eyed the hand for a moment before he took it. A grin formed on Tao’s lips as Jongdae held his hand tight. Tao pulled Jongdae's hand but Jongdae stood on his place, making the taller tilted his face to him with raised eyebrows.

“Jongdae?”

“Thank you for saving me even if it’s just a test.”

Tao smiled, shaking his head before taking a step to Jongdae. “No.”

Jongdae looked up to the taller man whose hand went up to his cheek.Tao’s thumb rubbed on his cheekbone, making Jongdae fluttered his eyes close.

“Thank you for choosing me.”






Jongin leaned his back to the tree, eyeing his best friend while Sehun nodded, a phone on his ear.

“Yeah, they are holding hands now.”

“Good job. I will see you tomorrow.” Kris said on the other line before he hung up.

“Do we really got nothing? It took so long for Tao to finally likes Dae…” Jongin pouted.

Sehun put his phone inside his pocket, patting Jongin’s shoulder as he too, watch for his best friend went inside the car with his bodyguard. “I’m sure he prepared our gifts already.”

“You think so?”

“I believe so, this is Jongdae’s last wish from his father after all.”

Jongin hummed, putting his arm around Sehun’s shoulder. “I want a boyfriend too.”

“Jongdae has many friends. I’m sure two of them are available.”

Jongin grinned as Sehun smirked to him, “Let’s ask him later, hun-ah.”