Neighbors

Loud neighbors

Kibum was pissed.

Oh, yes! YES!”

Alright, that was an understatement. Kibum was furious. Mad. Livid.

Why?

You feel so good babe!”

Because of the stupid, moronic, obnoxious, inconsiderate bastards pretending to be his amicable dorm neighbors having very loud . Right. By. His. Wall.

Ah!

He glared at the light-yellow paint of it – well, what would be the light-yellow paint, hadn’t it been so dark it looked gray – hoping his resentment was enough to set the whole building on fire so that the noises would finally stop. He would gladly sleep in ruins, if that was what it took.

“Kibum, I can literally hear your glare,” his roommate, Minho, grumbled into the darkness of the night and he turned to look at the shape on the bed at the other side of the room.

“Then change beds with me!” he hissed viciously.

The other sighed tiredly. “You won’t hear them any less over here. And if you just don’t think about it, you won’t hear it.”

YES! YES! YES!

“It’s half past two in the morning, Minho,” Kibum growled, hitting the wall hard with a clenched fist. Not that it would accomplish anything. He had tried so many times his hand would bruise. “Half past TWO!

Minho grunted disinterestedly, making the other bristle.

“Aren’t you tired of it too?!” he asked angrily. “They’ve been at it for a week straight! In the middle of the night! Acting as if the walls of this stupid dormitory aren’t paper-thin!”

“Like I said,” his roommate muttered sleepily. “If you don’t think about it, you won’t be bothered as much.”

Ooh, give it to me!

An idea suddenly struck Kibum and a smirk spread on his lips. Oh, he would give it to them! He would give it to them loud and clear!

He sat up hastily, flinging the cover off before turning on his bedside lamp. Minho squinted his eyes at him blearily, letting out a dissatisfied moan.

“What the hell Kibum?!”

Baby, harder!

“Don’t mind me and go back to sleep, since you’re clearly not bothered by a little sound!” he snapped at him as he stood up in bed. “But we’re having !”

The other’s eyes widened comically and he gaped at him, his cheeks turning red.

“W-we’re w-what?!” he stammered, sitting up with a guarded expression.

“Not for real, moron,” Kibum rolled his eyes. “That would take too much time to prepare.”

Minho just stared at him in shock as he gave the wall another glare before starting to jump on his bed furiously, making the springs squeak.

“AH!” he let out in a cut of breath, feeling quite proud of himself for his acting. “Oh, Minho!

The other blinked at him uncomprehendingly. Kibum beckoned for him to join in with a few noises of his own, but he seemed too frozen to even manage a breath.

There, baby! Again!

“Minho, faster!” Kibum shouted in retaliation, somehow managing to shake the other out of his daze. He let out an exasperated groan, rubbing his face with his hands.

“I am not doing this right now!” he growled and got out of his bed as Kibum continued to furiously jump on his own, making very convincing squeaky noises.

He barely spared him a glance in favor of shouting a breathless: “OH, YES! RIGHT… THERE!” Then feeling extremely satisfied when the moan on the other side of the wall faltered.

Minho slumped down at their small dinner table and buried his head in his arms with a groan, mumbling incoherently. Not that Kibum would have heard what he said anyway, over his and squeaking.

Aaahhh,” he drew out the syllable, trying to make it sound as pleasurable as possible as he continued to jump, not caring if his bed was going to break if it managed to shut up the evil couple on the other side of the wall. “MINHOOO!

The taller’s head shot up in favor of throwing him a sharp, disapproving look. “Kibum, if you don’t shut up right this second I’m gonna stuff a sock down your throat! You-”

He cut off as there was another loud ‘OH BABY! HARDER!’ from their neighbors and tiredly rubbed his forehead with a deep sigh.

Kibum got an angry frown on his forehead and faced the challenge head on, breathing in deep.

“OH GOD, FASTER! I WANT YOU TO TAKE ME SO HARD I CAN’T WALK TOMORROW!” he hollered at the top of his lungs, probably announcing to the entire dormitory his supposed -life before ending with a softer, almost choked: “Aahh!”

Minho squeezed his eyes shut with an exasperated sound, dunking his head against the table. Kibum couldn’t care less as the squeaking slowed somewhat on the other side of the wall. He pumped his fist in the air in victory, only to groan in irritation as soft moans continued to flow into their dorm. He slammed his fist against the wall repeatedly while shouting and at the same time: “Minho! Ah-yes! There! Right. There! God, you – ah! – feel… amazing!”

The and squeaking finally stopped altogether – quite abruptly, Kibum thought in satisfaction – and he looked triumphantly at Minho when the couple on the other side seemed to realize just how loud they had been. He frowned at the taller’s beet red face, his blush spreading all the way to his ears and neck, and tense posture.

“What’s wrong with you?”

Minho just gave him an annoyed and disbelieving stare before quickly standing up to stalk over to the toilet while muttering under his breath sullenly. Kibum followed him with his eyes, trying to figure out what the other’s problem was. His mouth dropped open in realization as the bathroom door slammed shut and he snickered, jumping down from his nearly destroyed bed and lightly walking over to the bathroom, knocking on it with a small smirk.

What?!” came Minho's irritated growl from inside and Kibum had to bite his lip to not laugh.

“Need some help in there?” he teased, unable to keep the amused tone from his voice.

“No! Go away!” the other hissed.

Kibum laughed. “Whatever you say, ert!”

“ you, Kibum!”

Kibum snickered again as he made his way back to the beds, pausing in the middle of the room. He looked at his bed in dissatisfaction, grimacing at the pillows on the floor and his mattress halfway joining them, his cover and sheets both crumpled at the foot of the bed. He didn’t really feel like fixing all that in the wee hours of the morning, which made his eyes slide over to Minho's perfectly made bed in contemplation before smiling, making his way over to crawl under the covers without any resignation after having turned his bedside lamp off. Minho would just have to sleep on the floor if he couldn’t handle it, because Kibum was not moving.

However, he stilled slightly as he fully realized what Minho was actually doing in the bathroom and felt his cheeks grow a little warm. Well, it was not as if he hadn’t noticed the few extra longer glances his roommate had given him the past month or how he had blushed frequently whenever Kibum came too close or how their mutual friend Taemin had seemed keen on causing awkward situations. He had wondered how he was going to bring it up, but after tonight he was sure both he and Minho knew he was aware of his feelings.

He didn’t really have any objections though.

 

---

 

Minho sighed as he stared at his hopelessly flushed cheeks in the bathroom mirror.

Kibum had to be one of the worst people to fall in love with, hadn’t he? Granted, he didn’t really know Minho's feelings since he had tried to keep them to himself, but after tonight he was sure it no longer would be a secret. God, Taemin wouldn’t let him hear the end of it once Kibum told him. His two friends just loved making him feel embarrassed since he looked ‘too cool for his own good’ – as they had put it. He had only been in love with Kibum for what? A month? And Taemin had wasted no time in making awkward situations every single day. Thankfully, his roommate hadn’t seemed to notice his feelings.

Until tonight that is.

He heaved another sigh, wondering if he would need to change rooms, before splashing his face with some water and steeling himself, opening the door hesitantly. To his relief, it seemed as if the other had gone back to bed, as it was once again dark in their room – or as dark as it could get with the rising sun – and he quietly made his way over to his own bed only to come to a full stop, his heart jumping out of his chest.

“Kibum, why the hell are you in my bed?” Minho grumbled as he watched the shape of his roommate, who was comfortably snuggled in his sheets, move around slightly.

“Going to sleep,” Kibum replied simply. “As should you, since they’ve finally stopped having loud, obnoxious .”

The taller cleared his throat awkwardly. “And why is that not something you can do in your own bed?”

His roommate waved a hand lazily towards the murder scene of his bed and Minho rubbed the side of his face tiredly. “If you wanna tidy that up, then you’re more than welcome. I’m too tired. I had , remember?”

He sagged his shoulders and looked to the ceiling with a deep sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose. Like he would forget. He had probably just announced his feelings as clear as if he’d had neon signs attached to him because of it and yet his roommate had no resignation getting into his bed?! How was he supposed to sleep?! How was he supposed to even breathe?!

“I swear, Kibum, you’re killing me,” he groaned.

The other only smiled and scooted closer to the wall, making room for him. He stared at the free space for a moment before smiling back at him wistfully, tentatively lying down beside him. He’d just have to lie on his side as far out on the mattress he could, he concluded, resigning himself to a very sleepless night.

All those plans flew out the window when slender arms wound around his middle. He stiffened, his breath caught in his throat as Kibum scooted closer, making him almost fall off the bed. He rested his chin on Minho’s chest once he had made sure he was lying safely on the mattress, looking up at him with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Mind telling me what compelled you to go relieve yourself?” he asked unashamedly, raising his eyebrows.

“Uh – I – well…” he stammered before swallowing harshly, caught off guard. Kibum laughed and Minho glared at him, his cheeks reddening again. “Shut up.”

The other only shook his head and leaned up, pressing his lips softly to Minho's, making him freeze in surprise and his heart explode. He stared at him wide-eyed as he pulled back, not able to comprehend what was happening.

“Well, I have no objections against you making my earlier sounds something caused by you,” Kibum said seductively, although his eyes were shining with mirth and his shoulders were shaking from silent laughter. “Frequently.”

Minho closed his eyes with an exhausted groan of: “Kibum.”

The other only laughed merrily and snuggled closer, giving his cheek a small peck. “But first; sleep.”

Minho could only laugh incredulously but did as he was told, closing his eyes as he let his arms wind around his roommate – boyfriend? – with a small smile. Maybe everything hadn’t gone badly, after all.

 

---

 

Needless to say, the next day their classes were buzzing with the news of Kibum and Minho hooking up, their classmates harassing an extremely embarrassed Minho and a completely carefree Kibum with thousand questions, while Taemin just smirked at them.

It would however take six dates and a lot of heated make-out sessions before they actually did get to the real hook-up, only Minho liked to call it lovemaking.

Kibum really had no objections to that either.