Final

Private Parties

Private Parties

Kyuhyun stretched lazily as he made his way to his bedroom.

The meeting with the producers had gone well, the last minute crash course in English and a quick lesson in Hindi, the apparent official language in India, though they were warned quite early that there were at least 30 official state languages but countless other dialects and variations and they didn’t have a chance in hell of wading through any of it with any success. The best chance was to learn the basic greetings, which apparently changed based on the area. They were sometimes religiously based and since India was especially religiously diverse, from Hinduism to Buddhism to Islam, and even some apparent traditionalist views, it was a bit confusing.

English was their best bet in the former British colony, but English wasn’t really Kyuhyun’s strong suit.

At the end of that very quick lesson Kyuhyun was grateful that he was not a translator or guide. The Translator laughed in glee when Minho pointed that out really quickly.

Either way he was excited for the trip. Time with friends whilst working and travelling? What else could he really want?

…….Well……….

Time with his boyfriend spent travelling in an exotic country, rich with tradition and history maybe.

That was very appealing to be honest, but not currently possible. Yesung would be back to promoting soon enough though, so maybe they could band together and pitch to SM the possibility of KRY doing something like that for promotions.

 It was what he and Changmin did when they heard that SM had a new variety in the works.

It was a glorious sales pitch that may or may not have involved some pouting from Changmin. Apparently, Kyuhyun learned that it didn’t take charm and wit alone; sometimes it took a good old pout to get what you wanted in a large corporate entity.

The secret of eleven years of success –Pouting.

Changmin wasn’t even embarrassed.

Don’t knock it till you tried it.

Unfortunately, the SM creative team didn’t seem to care very much for Kyuhyun’s pout though, looking at him if he were weird. Which was really unfair considering that he was a million times cuter than Changmin could ever hope to be. But that was a different story altogether.

Between him and Changmin they didn’t seem to be that convinced, so Changmin sent in the big guns – Jung Yunho.

Which was apparently the real secret to Changmin’s success.

 When all else fails, turn that pout onto Yunho and have him do Changmin’s bidding.

Kyuhyun knew Changmin wasn’t cuter than he was!

Turns out Yunho was cuter than them both combined since the team in charge of pitching that new variety to KBS were wrapped around the man’s finger entirely, agreeing to anything he suggested with regards to casting and even locations.

Never dispute Yunho’s charm, cuteness, or overall influence.

Kyuhyun was impressed.

Changmin was smug.

Yunho may be a “God” but Changmin was the one with the power.

Kyuhyun would not even bother to comment on any of that because there were just some things a man and his best friend didn’t discuss.

Yunho and Yesung being two of those things.

All in all, they were able to get away with murder so to speak. Eventually they agreed to include the entire Kyu-line, once again with some awesome sale’s pitching from Changmin, who was really well spoken when he wanted to be.

Sunggyu was an SM decision, linked to there more corporate goals. However, Kyuhyun was happy with the selection, being rather friendly with the leader of Infinite, and it was all settled. There were some scheduling issues with Jonghyun, but they were able to settle it with his company, who obviously recognized that it was a good opportunity in a business sense, aside from making the guitarist very happy.

Two birds with one stone right?

An adventure in India with his best friends.

Awesome.

The preparation for it was less awesome however and they weren’t even allowed to complain since they were the ones that insisted that they wanted to do it. He didn’t even realize that he would have to be filming in India so early in February, during his birthday as well. Changmin was in hell because he had promotions in Japan and a freaking dome tour on with Yunho and the schedule was so packed they were dying. Minho had a rough week as well. He was working on that Basketball show and then he had his regular work and it really turned more problematic than they anticipated. Suho was also busy with comeback preparations and it was a headache.

They couldn’t find dates to film that could accommodate all of them and eventually settled for the week ahead, leaving on the first and back before the weekend since Changmin had a dome concert on the 6th and it was certainly not a short flight.

Everything ended up being rushed and stressful but that was usually how it was anyway. It had become so ingrained in them that no one even bothered to complain, and really, they didn’t have the right to complain since they were the ones that insisted that they could do it.

Kyuhyun was already sort of tired. His body was being stretched thin, though thankfully it was a little literal his time, having dropped a few pounds recently from the stress of the entire thing.

He was busy though.

Endlessly busy.

His musical was playing, he had practice, and they were still on tour with Super Show 6. Then on top of that he had some work in the studio for future projects, ground work for prospective KRY songs, and so much more considering he had classes to get prepared before going to India. He had visited the doctor two days ago to get vaccinated, since the climate was different and there would be different possible illnesses.

The shots had hurt.

And there was no Yesung for him to whine too to make it better since he was so busy he hadn’t had the chance to see him in forever, which was totally unfair! Especially when he sees Yesung mugging for the camera with a soon to be dead little fish and being happy without him.

Not to say that Yesung was not allowed to be happy without him, more in line with the fact that he missed him and wanted to see him badly and Yesung should be pining for him honestly, not spending time with stupid little fishes named Donghae.

It wasn’t Yesung’s fault though. Kyuhyun was the one too occupied with everything to spend time with him. If it wasn’t musical practice, it was recording for Radio Star, and if it wasn’t that, then it was work for SJM and the endless little variety shows they seemed to be doing and then it was award shows and work in the studio and now this new endeavour which required a lot of preparatory work to get done.

Yesung had been gracious through it all, which ought to be a good thing, but somehow Kyuhyun didn’t like it. He wished Yesung would be more forceful in his insistence that they see each other, but he supposed he was expecting the wrong thing. It shouldn’t be used against the man. Yesung was considerate and not in the habit of making a nuisance of himself when the other person was busy. Just because Kyuhyun was self-centred and demanding did not mean Yesung had to be just the same.

Just because you’re a self-centred doesn’t mean he wants to be one too

--Thanks mind.

Any time

Yeah.

Yesung was giving him his space to do his job, but he just really wanted to see him after what felt like a lifetime. He thought these sorts of feelings would fade but they never did. The more he was away from Yesung the harder it got, not easier.

 Everyone always said that with time he would learn to ignore the periods of absences, but that didn’t happen to Kyuhyun.

Though he would admit that now he was much better at dealing with it.

He still missed him to death, but it doesn’t feel as if he was dying if he didn’t see him. He had more patience or maybe he was finally settled in his affections. Yesung wouldn’t up and leave him if he didn’t see him for a week.

Or so he hoped.

You never knew with Yesung.

The messages in between were nice. They still didn’t do that phone call to phone call lifeline thing. Yesung just not caring and honestly, Kyuhyun was just too busy to hang on to the phone for hours on end. They did manage a few phone calls in between, Yesung just checking in with him, otherwise known as “Let Kyuhyun whine to Hyung”, which Kyuhyun did with glee.

There were the normal KKT messages in between, common chats with warm feelings and somehow Kyuhyun was able to get through the week fairly well, and he supposed he would do the same for the week ahead.

Though he supposed that he really ought to make the effort to see him either today or tomorrow, assuming Yesung ought to be free some time on Saturday to squeeze an hour at least in with him. Maybe he could call him then and see if he wanted to come over? It was only about eleven and Yesung normally slept later, his insomnia, which thankfully had gotten better, didn’t really allow him to sleep before twelve, but Kyuhyun wasn’t sure he would be up to it.

Maybe he already had plans with his friends?

Kyuhyun was trying hard to be a better less demanding boyfriend and not just act as if Yesung was supposed to drop his entire life at his beck and call. Yesung had never accused him of such an action, but he could read between the lines himself. Of course something like that would be frustrating, and if he couldn’t fix the big things, then he could work on the little things.

He supposed a phone call wouldn’t hurt though. Maybe by chance he was free and not dealing with issues for his shops? It was possible he would be missing Kyuhyun just as much as Kyuhyun was missing him and he would be willing to put aside any other activity to see him. Yesung did like him quite a lot didn’t he?

By the time he made it to his bedroom he had decided.

 He would call him and ask him if he was busy and if he wanted to spend some time with him. Even if he just spent a couple of hours with him and went home, Kyuhyun thought he could be satisfied with something like that. He just wanted to bury his head in his throat and inhale him a little, and well, if they got a few kisses in the mix that was even better wasn’t it?

He was sort of excited actually, grinning when he opened the door to his room, already dragging his coat from his shoulders.

And then he was accosted.

Violently he might add.

Or so it seemed when a body was thrown against his own, arms wrapping around his middle strongly, which thankfully was the only thing that seemed to steady him, losing his footing in his surprise, instinctively holding onto the body that was trying to so do something to him.

Kyuhyun wasn’t sure. Just very shocked.

His heart thumped a few times brutally before consciousness seemed to return to him, steadily planting his feet on the floor to accommodate the new weight, letting his coat fall back over his shoulders as he wrapped his arms around the small body pressed against his chest, a head of dark fruit scented hair in his nostrils and he smiled.

Yesung.

“Someone is excited today” Kyuhyun laughed when he caught his lost breath, everything happening in a split second honestly.

 By then he was settled, his arms around his boyfriend, who he didn’t even realize was there in the room, but then again he didn’t really have the opportunity. Yesung had basically jumped him as he entered, simply blinking before he had an armful for annoying gorgeous boyfriend.

That would automatically mean Yesung was waiting at the door for him, since he was basically still nearly in the door way. The door was still opened actually, but Yesung didn’t seem that concerned, still buried against his chest, or rather his collarbone as that was where he could feel his exhales.

 There really wasn’t that much difference in their heights, not even an inch in reality when they were barefooted, but Kyuhyun was substantially larger in girth and body mass which always made Yesung seem so tiny in his estimation.

Its time like then that he was truly able to appreciate just how tall and yet somehow tiny Yesung was all at once. He would consider it all further, but warm lips were pressed against his throat fleetingly before Yesung lifted his head.

“Not excited. Tired” Yesung said with a weak glare and Kyuhyun honestly had no idea what he did this time.

He really had just literally walked in and he didn’t think that he had sent any offensive messages.

A few less than innocent ones he would admit to, but Yesung often just laughed those off and deleted it and told Kyuhyun that he was ert. It was fun for the most part. Nothing graphic or anything like that, because as some idiots have proven, things like that could lead to trouble. They were just mostly suggestive and fitting to the type of relationship that they had.

Yesung had last replied sometime around six when he returned from work and was very normal then. Kyuhyun didn’t even text him since then so he really didn’t know what he could have possibly done to incur his wrath or make him so tired.

Confusing. His boyfriend was being confusing.

Kyuhyun supposed his confusion was mirrored on his face because Yesung smiled a little, expression softening significantly as he pulled himself more independently or at least that was the intention he might have had before Kyuhyun was pulling him back to his body, arms sliding between the red turtle necked sweater Yesung was wearing, past the t-shirt underneath to the warmth of always slightly tanned skin, hands gripping possessively out of pure instinct and dragging him back into his warmth, though Kyuhyun supposed Yesung was a lot more warm than he was.

He didn’t care that much at such a fact, just wanting him close once more. Yesung forced to press his hands against his chest to stay as independent as possible, Kyuhyun’s fingers warming themselves against the small of Yesung’s back, the cold touch making him shift away a little, but settled as his body got accustomed to the coldness of Kyuhyun’s hands. The younger man giving him a very confused look, only making Yesung sigh.

“I’ve been waiting forever for you” Yesung said with a shake of his head, throwing away the memory of lying on Kyuhyun’s their bed for the last hour doing nothing but taking selcas and texting his friends and maybe he watched that EXID vid a couple of times and he might have watched AOA’s as well. All of which he didn’t think was sensible to mention to Kyuhyun, but all in all it was really boring and Kyuhyun could have told him he would have been home late seriously.

Ignoring the fact that he didn’t actually tell Kyuhyun he was there or asked what time he would have been home.

Righteous indignation was so much better when you didn’t take into account your own stupidity.

“Have you?” Kyuhyun asked in a smug way, clearly missing the point.

Or at least Yesung’s whiny point.

He was entirely more focused on the fact that Yesung’s skin burned his hand in some sort of gleeful heat that seemed to spread up from his fingertips to the curve of his spine, up till the pulse of his throat.

 Before the words were out he was leaning forward to bury his nose in Yesung’s hair.

Today it smelt like pears, which he quite liked, sweet and comfortable. It mixed nicely with that cologne he wore sometimes, Old Spice? Kyuhyun wasn’t sure. He wasn’t really the best at remembering scents, only that if he ever smelt it, the only thing he would remember was Yesung smelling like that from time to time.

Those thoughts pushed from his mind when he managed to slide his nose down to side of Yesung’s ear, nosing at side of his neck and jaw, smiling as the scent of that familiar coffee cinnamon blend hit his nostrils, though its weaker today, but Kyuhyun equates that to the varying scents competing for his attention, none to be spared for the man that was talking to him, entirely occupied.

Yesung was waiting for him.

That was all his admittedly arrogant brain could comprehend.

“Stop that” Yesung directed as he tried to bat Kyuhyun away, the younger man having decided that he not only wanted to inhale the rich scent of his boyfriend, but wanted a taste as well, on the skin there gently, not really paying attention to Yesung just then, only conscious of warm gorgeous body and soft sweet skin.

“Would you stop?” Yesung questioned again with some exasperation but it was lost when he sorta, maybe, moaned?

He didn’t mean to, but Kyuhyun was really good at finding sensitive spots, and even better at remembering them. Every time he dipped his head, Yesung just knew he would be stuck in that position, Kyuhyun rather fond of that sort of thing.

He could recognize that Kyuhyun had no choice really, considering that he only really allowed Kyuhyun to do that much and nothing much more exploratory.

Even now, when he was more willing towards intimacy, Kyuhyun still only kept his hands on the small of his back. His grip was frightfully tight and possessive, but his hands never moved past where Yesung had indicated was appropriate in the past and Yesung always felt a burst of warmth toward Kyuhyun with that thought.

It was hard to respect boundaries sometimes and Kyuhyun was very respectful and considerate when it came to him.

It’s the reason he doesn’t pinch Kyuhyun’s side and leaves him to it for a few seconds more. He enjoys it too, so it’s not as if he could deny that fact when Kyuhyun pulls moans from his lips, but he does think they need to separate so he could have a conscious thought other than ‘Kyuhyun….so good’.

Since speaking was not likely to get through to Kyuhyun, and he was not minded to hit him today, he needed an alternative way to get his attention.

He thought about it for a second or two before he decided.

He stepped back as far as Kyuhyun’s grip would allow, which was maybe an inch or two? He wasn’t kidding when he said Kyuhyun liked them close. Before he was using his hands as leverage on Kyuhyun’s chest to get some room.

When he was far as he could get, Kyuhyun already whining, he reached upwards and grabbed his cheeks, Kyuhyun’s words dying as Yesung pulled downwards just as he leaned forward and swallowed them completely with his lips.

An effective way of getting Kyuhyun’s attention apparently.

The only problem however was getting him to stop. Whilst Yesung was soft, Kyuhyun was anything but, dragging him even closer, so close that Yesung didn’t think a thread could pass between them, but this is where good sense is necessary.

He never did release his cheeks.

Which meant that Kyuhyun grumbled endlessly when Yesung tugged him backwards by the cheeks and away from his lips, but only enough to breathe and then hopefully to get away from him a little.

He earned himself a laugh though, Yesung finding his displeased expression particularly cute.

“I was still talking you know” Yesung pointed out as best as he could, with Kyuhyun trying to escape his grip, a smile on his lips that didn’t match Kyuhyun’s sour face, Yesung leaning forward to peck his lips as a bargaining tool.

“I had been waiting for you a while. Why did you take so long?” Yesung continued his somewhat one sided conversation, Kyuhyun very strong and especially determined, getting a second chaste kiss, and a press of his lips against Yesung’s cheek, Yesung giggling a little.

Kyuhyun was incorrigible.

Seriously.

“Stop moving” Kyuhyun grumbled in response, still focused on the kisses that he was being denied unfortunately.

Yesung was the one that started it and he was taking no responsibility. He couldn’t expect him to care to talk when he could be kissing him then, having missed him so very much in the week gone by, kissing him now like being in heaven.

So why would he want to do anything else?

Yesung was so silly sometimes.

And violent.

Awwwww!

“Hyung!” Kyuhyun complained when Yesung grabbed his earlobe, which was sort of attractive because it just made him want to kiss him more. But in reality it hurt a bit too, especially when he was using it to drag him away from the prize and Kyuhyun really did not like that.

He hadn’t kicked him yet, so he figured he still had a lot of tolerance to test. Yesung was seriously so bad at making good decisions. The best of which was allowing Kyuhyun to kiss him, but not everyone could have a firm grip on priorities as Kyuhyun did.

Kissing Yesung always came first.

“Stop Brat! I am talking to you” Yesung tried to scold but Kyuhyun was still being a bit of a brat. Yesung wrinkled his nose at the bad behaviour before he tugged on his earlobe once more to get his attention.

“That hurts” Kyuhyun complained with a pout, ensuring that he made fake pained faces at Yesung, inspiring some sympathy hopefully, which would allow him to have his way with the older man once more.

Yesung however didn’t seem to believe him, just tugging a little firmer, giggling when Kyuhyun scowled.

“As I was trying to say-“Yesung began to once more, trying to get the words out.

 He actually had a plan for what he wanted that evening and so far things had not been going well. It was one distraction after the other and it seemed as if Kyuhyun would be causing another detour when he interrupted him.

“It’s not my fault though. I didn’t know you were waiting on me. Couldn’t you have, I dunno, called me? Or sent me a text or a KKT or a Line or Telegraph or Whatsapp or a Skype or-“ Kyuhyun complained with some exaggeration, just to annoy Yesung.

He was dead serious though.

He would have been there in a heartbeat had he known Yesung was waiting on him. He was always glued to his phone whenever possible. If Yesung didn’t get through with a phone call, he could have left a message on one of the million apps that Kyuhyun used for that purpose. One would have caught his interest for sure; always mindful to pay close attention to any chat account he had with Yesung so that he didn’t miss any messages.

He was very careful with things like that.

There was once a time Kyuhyun didn’t respond to a message and Yesung had convinced himself that Kyuhyun was ignoring him, so naturally didn’t speak to Kyuhyun for three days. Safe to say that Kyuhyun was not interested in a repeat performance in any way shape or form. Since then he had been mindful to ensure that he always checked if he had messages from Yesung.

Therefore, he was not taking any blame for this. Not at all.

He wasn’t at fault if he didn’t know he had to be there. He was genuinely busy with the production team, but he did hang around for ten minutes or so chatting with Minho before Minho had to get to get some rest, tired from his basketball tournament, plus he had to host for Music Core the following day. Though they both had enjoyed laughing at Changmin’s complaints in recent days, since apparently Changmin was terrified Yunho would die in his absence or so he was insisting energetically to him and Minho in the days before.

Either way, Yesung really should have told him he was there waiting so they could have had that wait time better spent. He was instantly regretful for it and sort of annoyed that Yesung was complaining when it was actually his fault.

Maybe he was being mean, but he might as well list all the available communication options whilst he was at it. Hell! Even an email would have done it. They had the fastest internet in the world for heaven’s sake.

Seriously.

Kyuhyun was interrupted rudely however when Yesung slapped a hand over his mouth.

“Shut up before I punch you” Yesung threatened but it wasn’t vicious, instead making a face at Kyuhyun for being so goddamn insufferable when he wanted to be.

So maybe it was his fault after all.

He had a reason though.

“I wanted it to be a surprise, you ” Yesung admitted after a mock glare was met with unimpressed eyes from Kyuhyun, though Kyuhyun had allowed him to keep his hand over his mouth and spare him the torture of listening to any more of his snark without much trouble, supposing that Kyuhyun wanted the answer as well.

Things really weren’t going as planned.

Kyuhyun then decided that he was not interested in being silent anymore, so simply reached up and removed the small hand that he allowed, Yesung watching the action with no protest.

“Well….I was certainly surprised” Kyuhyun commented with a measure of amusement, remembering the way he was greeted at the door. If Yesung had intended to surprise him then that definitely worked out well.

“I nearly fell too” He continued with a mischievous laugh, meant to make Yesung a little embarrassed, wanting to point out how genuinely excited Yesung was when he arrived, something that did Kyuhyun’s pride a world of wonders to be frank.

He loved that very much.

He wanted to be surprised like that every day honestly. He wanted Yesung launching into his arms and ambushing him with kisses and hugs and banter every single day of his life. He would make that a goal for sure, thoroughly enjoying it even with this little argument developing. Things like this were not something that Kyuhyun minded.

He and Yesung were like that. Quick tempers and cut words, but it never had any meaning past the bantering. The fact that there would be kisses in between always seemed to make it just part of the process for him.

“You did not” Yesung rejected, cheeks colouring in embarrassment, suddenly remembering how enthusiastic he might have seemed.

It wasn’t like that.

It wasn’t?

--Fine!

He was just glad his waiting was over and he was excited that Kyuhyun was back so that he could finally set his plan into motion, which he actually had failed to do so far.

So much for progress.

“Well maybe not” Kyuhyun agreed after a moment of thought, but the mischievous glow in his eyes made Yesung very weary.

Kyuhyun didn’t just let teasing go for no reason.

“I can’t ever fall when you throw yourself at me….bad practice I think to fall when you are all over me ....I should protect my very affectionate boyfriend don’t you think?” Kyuhyun laughed, his words teasing and annoying and he damn well knew Yesung was feeling embarrassed! Yesung rolling his eyes, but his cheeks were burning red, so he had no choice but to look away.

Kyuhyun was smacked across the arm but he only continued laughing as Yesung scowled at him. Kyuhyun found him amusing more than anything else and used his attention to kiss him on the nose, which made Yesung glare at him again, Kyuhyun snickering softly.

“You’re annoying” Yesung said out of spite, but Kyuhyun just snickered some more, before he replaced his hand around his waist, drawing him closer once more, leaning down for another kiss that Yesung avoided.

“Wait” Yesung stopped him quickly, rocking back a little to avoid Kyuhyun, wanting to look him in the eye, his hand pressing against his shoulder to ask for some time to talk to him.

“I want you go somewhere with me” Yesung said quickly, trying to get the words out before Kyuhyun pounced on him once more and the process began again. If that happened they would just go around in circles and they were already really behind schedule.

Kyuhyun was later than he expected and they were wasting time playing there when they had somewhere to be.

Those words caught Kyuhyun’s attention however, his expression changing from sly hunter to curious tiger; leaning himself back to watch Yesung, acting as if he thought the answer would just come to him, Yesung a little more interested in his reaction than he ought to be.

Even after so long he didn’t really feel confident about things like that.

 He knew Kyuhyun always insisted that he wanted to spend time with him, but he still had a hard time initiating things like that. It was easy when it just happened naturally. He would come over and find Kyuhyun and they would see where it went from there. Kyuhyun could decide as they went by and not be bound by some commitment since there was no agreement. When he asked him, he felt as if he was trapping Kyuhyun into agreeing to something that would not be fun or a waste of his time.

He wasn’t that interesting of a person. Weird for sure, but not interesting.

Kyuhyun probably didn’t want to just spend time with him alone that way. Playing on the bed was different since Kyuhyun could just get frisky, and he knew for sure Kyuhyun liked that part, judging by the obvious excitement in his pants and so on. Past that he wasn’t sure how Kyuhyun felt like with just doing things with him at random. He knew Kyuhyun liked some of it, but he didn’t have the confidence to plan things easily, and when he did, he wasn’t ever sure Kyuhyun would simply agree to just accepting whatever he had planned, if Kyuhyun was confident in him with things like that.

They had been together nearly three years and he couldn’t ask Kyuhyun to spend time with him without shivering and feeling as if he would be rejected instantly.

How pitiful was that?

“Like a date?” Kyuhyun asked with a bright smile, seemingly coming to that conclusion in his mind.

The words seemed like a date no matter how he thought about it.

 It was strange since he could only remember Yesung asking for something like that maybe five times, and in a couple months it would be three years since they were in a romantic relationship. Yesung really didn’t ask him out for anything close to a date regularly. If they were together and something just happened then so be it.

To ask him to be with him in that way was something very foreign.

Kyuhyun was the one that normally pushed for dates and asked outright. If he didn’t do it then they would never even see each other, except for when Yesung happened to stop by and that was not the way Kyuhyun was going to live. Kyuhyun just couldn’t leave it to chance. Even if he had to force Yesung to come over and all they did was cuddle on that small bed. That was a “date” of sorts to him. He wanted to spend time with Yesung and was not going to compromise on that point.

Yesung on the other hand was particular that way.

He honestly didn’t think Yesung considered the times they spent together in their room to be dates. It was as if he just viewed it as them being themselves with nothing else involved? Part of a routine maybe? It was strange honestly.

Kyuhyun couldn’t for the life of him decide if it were a good thing or a bad thing that Yesung regarded it that way.

All in all, Kyuhyun would be happy with just the fact that Yesung asked for them to go on a date together. Even if they just went to the kitchen and had some of those dumplings he saw earlier and came back and snuggled that would be awesome to him.

A date.

He liked that a lot.

“I guess you can think of it that way” Yesung answered with a meek shrug of his shoulders, terrified to put names to things lest it come back to bite him in the .

What if Kyuhyun hated it and decided he hated “dating” him?

These were real concerns to him. In his mind it wasn’t actually a date, more in line with doing something nice for Kyuhyun and spending some time with him after a busy week, and an even busier one to come with Kyuhyun in India for so long. Realistically he could see how Kyuhyun would regard it as a date though, and he knew from experience that it included date like activities, so he supposed he couldn’t protest the brand it was given.

His mind was running away with him.

“Really?” Kyuhyun asked again with some excitement, his smile wide, wanting Yesung to confirm that he wanted to go somewhere with him on a ‘date’.

After so many years it was really embarrassing to get so excited about “dating” your boyfriend and likely the person you would marry as soon as practical/possible in a heartbeat, but they were never the most normal couple out there, barring the obvious same bit of course, always doing things in a haphazard random way. It made sense to them though and that was all that mattered.

Kyuhyun wanted to go out with Yesung. Really wanted to.

“Yes….if you ever decide to stop being a brat and release me” Yesung nodded with a small measure of confidence.

 Kyuhyun was grinning at him like he was on top of the world so he was going to assume that Kyuhyun was happy and willing to do it. That made him feel more confident about the whole thing.

It had not gotten off to a good start as of yet, but he was sure they could pull it together.

If Kyuhyun ever released him of course.

“Hmmmm” Kyuhyun pretended to contemplate the whole thing, making Yesung roll his eyes at his childishness, though his heart warmed considerably at the cute expression that Kyuhyun was wearing.

This proved to be foolhardy when Kyuhyun attacked when his guard was down, Kyuhyun swooping down to kiss him happily, tongue brazen in the way it slipped past his unaware defences, dragging him back into his arms properly as he plundered in glee, passionate and strong and Yesung gave in to it, always being a little easy that way unfortunately.

 Kyuhyun was really good at this.

 Like, really good, poking and prodding in this infuriatingly playful way that always made him want even more, dominant but never more forceful than accepted, all the whilst willing to be lead, especially when he manages to ensnare Yesung’s own pink tongue, enjoying himself thoroughly.

Only when he had ravaged his fill and his lungs protested violently did he release Yesung, heaving a massive gulp of air to replenish the overworked organs, inhaling it directly from Yesung’s hair, the older man leaning his forehead against Kyuhyun’s chin as he caught his breath, wanting to smack Kyuhyun for always making him so dazed and weak limbed when he least expected it, but he didn’t really have the strength to do it then.

“Kyuhyun” Yesung complained weakly, only because he had not caught his breathe yet to really be forceful.

 A good start would have been to be more independent but since Kyuhyun was responsible for his dazed state he would have to hold his weight until he could manage on his own. The use of Kyuhyun’s actual name and not some derivative would have the younger man knowing he was being warned.

Kyuhyun really wanted to do more of the same, but DATE.

He wanted that date.

“Alright...alright” he agreed with a weak laugh and a press of lips against Yesung’s forehead, stepping away a little from the man.

His hands stayed in place just to steady Yesung, or really just because he wasn’t ready to give up the warmth as of yet, but another look from Yesung made him think he should get on with it.

He really didn’t want to let go though.

This was annoying.

“Where are we going by the way?” Kyuhyun asked to distract himself from his desire to hold on to his boyfriend and kiss him some more, and focus on the date aspect. He needed to draw his mind onto something just as desirable so that he would get some control over himself.

Yesung’s lips were red and well kissed and so goddamn tempting.

This was killing him!

“Just somewhere” Yesung said vaguely, helping Kyuhyun detach himself by prying his hand away from his waist and stepping outside of his stretch, personally grateful for the space to breathe something in that was not Kyuhyun, trying to refocus his mind.

“Are you not going to tell me?” Kyuhyun asked with some interest. Guess it was a real surprise then.

This was interesting.

“Not much to tell honestly. Just dinner really” Yesung said, though Kyuhyun found his answer lacking the usual rambling and Yesung wasn’t looking at him, instead fiddling with the ends of his sweater and looking at his feet.

There definitely had to be more.

Kyuhyun smiled but kept quiet. He didn’t want to spook him. Yesung got jumpy really easily and he didn’t want to take the chance of him changing his mind and deciding to let it go. He could be like that sometimes.

“Unless you don’t want to go, which is okay as well. It’s alright if you have eaten already. It’s pretty late-“ Yesung began to ramble almost as if on cue, Kyuhyun wanting to laugh and cry at the same time but did neither.

Instead he was quick on his feet, two steps and he was reaching for Yesung’s hand, stopping the rambling when he grabbed hold of the small thing away from his sweater, the words spoken to the ground and not him and some things never do change.

“That’s perfect Hyung. Let’s do it” Kyuhyun said warmly.

The words though, had a hard edge to it that he knew would catch Yesung’s attention, wanting to make him stop in his tracks but didn’t want it to turn into him being mad that Yesung still had all those doubts about him wanting to be with him.

He would lose his temper and that was dumb, especially since they were about to go on a date and that was what he should be focusing on.

“And you know I never pass up an opportunity to eat” Kyuhyun added to ease the slow building tension, a joke that was based on truth and would also serve to appease Yesung’s doubts.

Kyuhyun really would just go anywhere to be there with him. Eating was just a bonus, but if Yesung needed a little help in that direction, it was easier to provide it than it was to make it an issue when they could be happily eating yummy things in a little while.

Kyuhyun was going to use his brain with this one.

Yesung nodded at him without lifting his head and Kyuhyun let it go this time, wanting to focus on the good things and not on that little fax paus.

Yesung did eventually lift his head to face him though, trying for a weak smile and Kyuhyun returned it properly, off to a good start instead, but not really since they spent like an entire minute just loosely holding hands and smiling each other like idiots.

It was only some movement in the hallway that caught his attention, breaking him from the smiling moment to realize that he was wasting time and his bedroom door was STILL open. Thankfully no one popped in because then that would have been problematic.

There were small mercies in the universe after all.

“Ahhhh…I need to shower” Kyuhyun said with some regret, wanting to get the date started but then remembered that he hadn’t shower since earlier and outside was cold, but he still would rather get that done than come home later and have to do it.

“Do you mind? I can do it later if it’s late” Kyuhyun suggested, vaguely remembering Yesung saying something about waiting long on him.

Maybe he had skipped dinner and was hungry or something. Kyuhyun could wait till later if that was the case or even better yet he would get him something from the kitchen and then they could go out and eat again, once Yesung was well taken care of. That was his priority.

Either way, he was putting it in Yesung’s hands instead, as appeasement for making him wait, even if it was not his fault to begin with.

“No. Go ahead and shower” Yesung directed easily, nodding his head to affirm his words.

“I would rather you dress warmly anyway” Yesung added with another nod of his head, clearly in his thoughts and Kyuhyun smiled at him, finding the actions cute.

“I’ll wait” Yesung said finally as he motioned for Kyuhyun to get on with it, seeing no need to waste more time on all of that, happy to wait for Kyuhyun to get what he needed done.

It was not as if he had a choice. He was the one that sprang it on Kyuhyun and didn’t give any notice. It was only fair that Kyuhyun be given the time to shower and change and get out of clothes he probably had been in all day, happy to wait this time. And he had some messages to send.

Kyuhyun walked over to press a cute fond kiss to his head before he started on that task.

Kyuhyun cheekily stripping right there, wanting to get under Yesung’s skin a little but the older man just ignored him, much to Kyuhyun’s chagrin, busy fiddling with his phone, texting someone or the other, only telling him that he should get on with it since they were wasting time.

Kyuhyun threw his t-shirt at him but Yesung just told him that the hamper was in the other direction and that he should make use of it.

He didn’t even ogle him.

Kyuhyun was offended.

Which Kyuhyun made known.

Yesung just said it was offensive that Kyuhyun thought he wanted to ogle him with his non-existent abs [that were nothing like Changmin’s, but that he kept to himself].

 Kyuhyun was very displeased, but Yesung laughed until his stomach hurt.

Kyuhyun would have tackled him for being so unappreciative but Yesung kept reminding him that they had to go out together, so by the time Kyuhyun got down to his boxers he just grabbed his towel and clothes and headed to the bathroom.

On a normal day he would probably take a lifetime and shower every body part three times or some other nonsense, but this time he made quick work of it and washing whatever sweat residue away and just getting through it all, changing into his now clean underwear and under t-shirt that he normally wore and heading back to his room to find Yesung sitting on his bed with clothes picked out for him.

Now he was more than capable of dressing himself but supposed that Yesung was helping him out in the interest of time, mumbling his thanks as he dragged the blue jeans up his legs and reached for the white sweater jersey, putting it on easily, with some help from Yesung who had wondered over to help with the task.

Which was really dumb.

Kyuhyun didn’t know how he could think such proximity wouldn’t make Kyuhyun just more interested in kissing him some more, but instead endeavoured for self-control, trying not to think about the way his fingers touched him or the way he felt just in his vicinity, doing something like helping him dress, the intimacy aspect of it so strong, Kyuhyun’s stomach churned.

It turned into something else however when he saw that his old dark blue cardigan waiting for him.

Kyuhyun laughed.

“I thought you hated this?” Kyuhyun asked as he reached for the sweater, Yesung still straightening the end of his sweater of him, turning a cursory glance at the cardigan in his hand.

“I do. It’s awful” Yesung acknowledged with a sour look, seeming to think it was beneath him to even mention something so awful, his expression making Kyuhyun laugh some more.

“Then why?” the question conversational in nature, Kyuhyun not sure why Yesung would even touch the piece of clothing he regarded as “horrid”.

“It’s better if you are comfortable and warm” Yesung shrugged his response as he continued to help Kyuhyun get dressed, almost as if Kyuhyun were a child, but it didn’t feel that way to Kyuhyun to be honest.

It felt like love and home and happiness.

Yesung was efficient in the way he helped it up his arms and eventually taking to patting it down against his shoulders, a hand reaching upwards to unruffled his unruly hair, water dripping from the parts that inadvertently got wet, Yesung smiling prettily as he took his time with him.

“You know……if warmth is the goal, human contact is best” Kyuhyun said a little impishly, just unable to help himself, in his nature to ruin sweet moments with inappropriate suggestive remarks, lips twisted into an attractive smirk, once more reaching for his boyfriend, a rude hand at the man’s side in an instant and a small bubbly laugh leaving his lips when Yesung sighed mightily.

“Just saying” Kyuhyun added for effect, Yesung by now giving him a disbelieving look.

“I can’t deal with you any more” Yesung said instead, shaking his head and mock glaring at Kyuhyun as he continued to chuckle, only interrupted when Kyuhyun pressed his lips against his in a playful kiss that Yesung didn’t return.

“I was just being nice to you” Yesung pointed out when he managed to push Kyuhyun away from him a little, small hands useless against a chest that broad, but he was the one that put himself in the position to be d so he might as well get over it.

This is the outcome of kindness to a brat.

“Is that so?” Kyuhyun nearly sassed and Yesung thought he was entirely justified to pinch his chest.

Hard.

“It’s charity to be seen in public with you wearing that ugly thing and you still want to be a smug brat?” Yesung questioned with some indignation, wrinkling his nose at the awful style of his boyfriend.

He wasn’t kidding.

He was actively swallowing the desire to purge his stomach at the sight of such a hideous thing draped across his boyfriend’s body, marring an otherwise handsome person, not that he would ever say as much. Kyuhyun’s ego was already the size of a small country. It was best if he didn’t add to it continuously.

It really was just a nice gesture on his part. He really did want Kyuhyun comfortable and happy, and Kyuhyun was comfortable in those sort of clothes, and it really was cold outside. Today he wanted Kyuhyun to be comfortable, to enjoy their time together without forcing his admittedly much superior sense of style on Kyuhyun. It was a bit concerning that he was so in love with Kyuhyun that he was willing to be seen in public with him dressed like that to be honest.

Kyuhyun had better understand that.

“Well, if you are that concerned about it, then maybe it’s better we stay home without any clothes at all” Kyuhyun responded roguishly once more, eyes bright and smile nearly lewd as he made a show of dragging his eyes up Yesung’s body, clearly undressing him with his eyes.

He certainly knew Yesung did not mean it that way, but he figured he would put it out there anyway. It was a good suggestion in his opinion.

Staying home without any clothes?

Bloody brilliant.

Not likely to happen, but a man had to try anyway.

Kyuhyun actually sort of enamoured with the idea, spending the time tangled with his boyfriend in a hot messy tangle contrasting with how cold it was outside.

So much fun.

The smack behind his head was anything but fun.

“Awwww” Kyuhyun complained, rubbing the back of his head that stung a fair bit, Yesung’s baby hands always a lot more powerful than he ever gave it credit for, making pitiful faces at Yesung for being such a meanie.

He could have just said no.

Kyuhyun would have probably ignored him and tried to convince him that his idea was better than going out to be honest. So maybe Yesung did the right thing.

Probably.

That didn’t mean he wasn’t going to milk his mild injury for all it was worth. Yesung was frightfully violent, but at the same time, he was always a er for Kyuhyun’s whining and likely to feel guilty even if it wasn’t a hard hit.

The violence in their relationship was something that they would never be able to explain he supposed.

It was never something that either considered an issue, or really, that Kyuhyun considered an issue, since he was the one usually on the receiving end of various hits. But then again, he wasn’t much nicer with all the poking and prodding he did even whilst he knew Yesung was super sensitive. It was just part of their existence, something that maybe could even be associated with ? Yesung would deny it for sure, but Kyuhyun knew his blood pumped that much quicker and his heart sped up that much faster when they did things like that. What that meant for their ual taste he didn’t know, just that it was something they did, sometimes fun, but never very painful. Annoying and nagging maybe, but never something Kyuhyun felt hurt in any real way by. Except when he had that spike of arousal and wanted to have it dealt with by the man that caused it and unable to do so since Yesung was giving him that look.

The one that’s  said—“Grrrrr…..you are so goddamn frustrating and I don’t know what to do with you, but I like you anyway and this is annoying”

Kyuhyun liked that look the most.

“Let’s go before I am forced to murder you” Yesung directed with a sigh so mighty Kyuhyun thought he would drown, Kyuhyun would laugh but he was too busy being a victim of abuse, or so he was going to claim later when he ered Yesung into kissing it all better.

“And none of that nonsense. You looked for it” Yesung rejected instantly, motioning at Kyuhyun’s pitiful expression and referencing his whining, which Kyuhyun was still very happy to do, not wanting any part of that at all.

“Get your things and let’s go” Yesung instructed as the end to that discussion, glancing at his watch to see how far behind schedule he had gotten him and Kyuhyun, groaning at the time, much later than he expected, leaving Kyuhyun to get on with it.

Yesung groaned in annoyance one more time before he turned away from Kyuhyun, grumbling underneath his breath about annoying brats as he gathered his things, taking his phone from the bed side table and his wallet that he removed to lie down comfortably on Kyuhyun’s bed. Kyuhyun in the meantime heading over to his dresser to sort out his hair and apply his cologne and whatever else he needed to do, all the whilst making representations for Yesung to kiss it all better.

Eventually Yesung got tired of his nagging and wondered over.

With no notice he reached up and grabbed his head, dragging him down for a quick kiss.

“There” Yesung said with a smile.

“Now stop being a brat and let’s go” He said before Kyuhyun could complain even more, reaching down and taking Kyuhyun’s hand, lacing their fingers as he headed for the door.

Kyuhyun chose to listen for once.

Yesung made him wear a coat at the door, the one that Yesung had gifted to him a few birthday’s back if he remembered correctly, insisting that he wanted him as warm as possible, which led Kyuhyun to figure that they might be outside for a bit, which made him sort of excited, and very understanding of the need for caution. It was actually pretty cold now that there were in the dead of winter.

Yesung was the same, completely bundling up himself, batting Kyuhyun’s hand away when he tried to help him wrap his black scarf around him, Yesung instead just wrapping it behind his neck for now, inspecting Kyuhyun to ensure he was bundled up enough for him, sending Kyuhyun to go grab a cap and a mask if he wanted, instead of a scarf. Kyuhyun preferred the mask to the scarf so he went to get that instead, having multiplies he could choose from. By the time he was back Yesung was ready to go, Kyuhyun quick to sink his feet into his sneakers and they were off.

They headed to the basement parking lot in casual conversation, Kyuhyun refraining from questioning where they were heading just yet, clear from the casual way in which they were dressed that it wasn’t anywhere particularly fancy.

Kyuhyun didn’t know how he felt about that.

Since it was a date, they should spoil themselves, but then again, Yesung wasn’t one for over expressions of that nature, and if he just wanted a casual meal and a walk, as Kyuhyun suspected by the need to be so covered, then that was more than fine with Kyuhyun.

Yesung led them over to his car and Kyuhyun didn’t bother to complain. Yesung was the one in charge today and Kyuhyun was too lazy to drive anyway, happy to take the front seat and let Yesung do the work.

Yesung smiled at him warmly when Kyuhyun settled and then they were on the way.

Kyuhyun kept up a steady chatter as they drove, just normal conversation they would have on a regular basis, things that had happened in the week, regaling Yesung with a particularly interesting story about what had transpired at his last Radio Star filming, who he had met and the awkwardness that had followed, Yesung listening well, interjecting whenever he had a point that needed clarification and the whole thing felt nice to Kyuhyun.

It was nice to do this sort of thing.

The only less than appreciated part was the fact that Yesung skipped his solo song when it came up on his player, Kyuhyun happy that it was there to begin with, but he supposed that it would be sort of embarrassing if one of his oldest friends and bandmate and love of his life conveniently, didn’t have his song on his playlist, to listen to Jonghyun’s.

Apparently, Crazy [Guilty Pleasure] was more to his taste.

He was so freaking lucky he was driving or Kyuhyun would have kicked his .

No.

Seriously.

Yesung just laughed off his complaints, happily singing along until Kyuhyun turned it off and threatened to break his player if he didn’t stop. Yesung said he was childish but in the interest of protecting his player stopped.

He sang Chen’s OST instead, very smugly.

Kyuhyun was in the middle of listing all the singer he thought were much better than Yesung [not many he genuinely believed to be so but necessary] just to be a brat when Yesung pulled into their apparent destination.

Kyuhyun was so busy nagging about the bad treatment of his very special song that he didn’t even get the chance to ask Yesung where they were going a second time.

He therefore regarded the building very curiously, the carpark small and not very fancy to be honest, but the building looked nice enough from the outside.

A Chinese restaurant.

This was not what he expected, but he wasn’t going to nit-pick.

Yesung parked properly and sat for a few seconds before he reached over and pulled Kyuhyun’s cap back downwards, but didn’t do much else, just touching his cheek fondly.

“I don’t think we need to cover up, but you know….touch me less or something” Yesung said awkwardly; face a little red, not cold inside the car so just from the awkwardness of the words being spoken.

“You do your share of touching too” Kyuhyun pointed out with a little cheekiness, watching Yesung scowl at the very true allegation.

He understood what he meant.

He hated the fact that they couldn’t be like other couples on a date and be softly intimate and affectionate, but that was the reality of a relationship like theirs and he could accept that. Yesung wasn’t wrong to say it even if he hated to hear it.

Kyuhyun knew he was prone to affection. It was hard not to touch when he always had to go so long without it, but he knew that he had to behave in public. They had too much to lose and he could be sensible with things like that.

Yesung touched him too. Just for the record.

That hand on his cheek, second ago was clear confirmation of that fact, but unlike Kyuhyun, Yesung had a lot more self-control in public places. Or maybe he was just that much more paranoid.

“Just behave you brat” Yesung said finally, finding the brat annoying as hell with that cocky cheeky confidence that always seemed to come from nowhere but was a feature of Kyuhyun’s personality, forever teasing.

“Ready?” Yesung asked as he pulled his coat back into place and finally wrapped the scarf around his lower face, trying not to be too obvious that he wanted to hide, trying for a casual feel, forgoing the hat and glasses since he actually wanted to be able to see Kyuhyun today and felt the need to be more comfortable.

Kyuhyun nodded his answer and soon they were walking to the entrance, NOT holding hands, the sign in front not really pretty, sort of gaudy to be frank but Kyuhyun didn’t really care, once he got to be with Yesung when they ate. If there were more people then he would have to keep on the hat and be more reserved so not to catch attention, but even so it would be alright he thought.

Kyuhyun’s thoughts were cut, however, when the entered. The inside was much different from the exterior look, sort of sophisticated and low key, bright lighting and calm ambience, Yesung walking over to the maî·tre d' of sorts or maybe just to the girl at the reception desk.

He said something that Kyuhyun didn’t catch and then they were being led down a nicely decorated corridor by a younger waitress, past a couple of patrons in the open gallery that paid no attention to them, busy with their own meals and companions.

The young woman eventually slid opened a small wooden door and led them to a smaller more private room, a plain wooden type table and two carved chairs next to each other and that was about it, save for cutlery and a table ornament. It was very simple, except for a window that looked out onto a hanging tree filled with blossoms in bloom. The room scented in that rich fragrance that seemed to seep through the plainly ornate walls.

It was nice in a way, casual and easy flowing, a potted plant here and there and all in all Kyuhyun liked it for its simplicity.

The waitress said she would be back with the menus whilst Yesung pulled off his outer coat and motioned for Kyuhyun to do the same, the room well warmed so it was unnecessary to be so covered. Yesung graciously offered to hang it up at the hooks that seemed to be there for that purpose before settling at the table, the side he usually sat at. Kyuhyun noticed that sort of thing.

When Kyuhyun joined him, he finally exhaled a breath.

“How is it?” he asked with fake casualty, trying to act as if he didn’t care that he was worried that Kyuhyun would be dissatisfied with his choice of venue.

So far Kyuhyun didn’t see any reason to be unhappy. It was nice and casual and not exceedingly casual since the room wasn’t that closed off, able to hear murmurs of others enjoying the other booths beside theirs but it was comfortable and warm and the food would hopefully be good.

“It’s nice” Kyuhyun said calmly, genuinely casual unlike Yesung who seemed to be hanging on his words, which would have flattered Kyuhyun if he wasn’t so worried about Yesung STILL being so uncertain about things like that.

Kyuhyun would love anything if he got to be with him.

Before Kyuhyun could reach his hand over and take Yesung’s the waitress was back with some house special appetizers and their menus, Yesung receiving it gratefully, the waitress not seeming as if she recognized them particularly but she might have and simply chose to be professional in the matter.

Kyuhyun found that the appetizers were more interesting than the waitress, enthusiastically helping himself to some fancy looking egg rolls and pouring water into cups for him and Yesung.

“I dunno what’s good. You have anything in mind?” Yesung directed to him after a minute of examining the menu’s, figuring that maybe Kyuhyun would know better since he was more familiar with Chinese food than Yesung was.

Yesung had originally wanted something more fancy but figured it was better he didn’t make too big a deal out of the whole thing, and to be honest, he sometimes missed being “normal” with Kyuhyun, the casualty he had with Kyuhyun before they started dating.…well they had never really “dated” but before they started the relationship.

He figured it would be nice to try a hybrid approach, where they could have some privacy and be left alone but not so much so that they felt like criminals sneaking away to be together. He wanted to go to that Japanese restaurant they went to early in their relationship, but then he figured he should get somewhere new. He had heard a girl at work mention this place she liked and Yesung looked it up and it seemed nice enough and suited his plans, so he made the reservation, which they were frightfully late to, but the maître d’ had held a spot for them and he was grateful.

“I’ll do it” Kyuhyun responded as he reached over and took the menu, figuring he could do as much.

Though Yesung, figuring he was up to no good, told him to not be a brat with it, Kyuhyun making an offended sound in his throat. But before he could complain, the waitress was back, Kyuhyun quickly going through the order list and directing her to what he thought Yesung might like as well.

When that was done and she was gone, Kyuhyun returned to his appetizers, only putting one on Yesung’s plate to get him eating as well, earning a smile in return.

The conversation was casual and by the time the waitress returned with their orders, they were in the mix of complete conversation, Kyuhyun talking about his new show and his excitement for India and being with the Kyu-line and the stress caused and things of that nature, Yesung listening well, adding his own two cents from time to time.

 Kyuhyun meanly shoved a piece of glazed duck into his mouth to shut him up when he mentioned being worried about Changmin with so many dome concert performances for Tohoshinki’s WITH a tour right after he returned from filming.

Kyuhyun was petty.

That had not changed.

Never will either.

He wondered if Yesung knew that. Probably. There wasn’t much Yesung didn’t know about him.

They continued in that light, Yesung wishing that he take care of himself well, especially in India. It was a new country that was really very large and particular and they had to be careful of the weather and illnesses and things of that nature. Yesung would of course worry about Kyuhyun in that light.

In fact he was worried about everyone, asking Kyuhyun to take care of Minho and Suho, and of course, Changmin. Kyuhyun scowled once more.

‘Just worry about me okay’

He was a little selfish too.

Yesung just ignored his childishness and asked about what they had planned, Kyuhyun going through what they were told to expect etc. Finally Kyuhyun mentioned that he was worried that Changmin might miss the trip entirely if they didn’t settle some scheduling issues with Avex that arose at the last minute. Yesung expressing his wish that it worked out.

In that way they comfortably spent their meal, Yesung at times casually placing things in Kyuhyun’s plate from the trays that were before them, the older man not having any idea what many of the dishes were called, but there was a lot of meat and it all tasted amazing. He did attempt to get Kyuhyun to eat a few pieces of vegetables but that was ignored for the most part, just happy to eat everything yummy.

Yesung was more tempered as he usually was, but Kyuhyun ensured he ate things Kyuhyun thought were necessary, things that were particularly tasty, having no objection to feeding him, waiting with chopsticks to his mouth for him to open up.

Yesung needed to eat more in Kyuhyun’s opinion.

It was fun and the conversations continued into less contentious things like Changmin, onto just Yesung updating about Donghae and what was going on with Heechul and everyone else he had seen during the week, spreading little gossip and jokes about people they knew, Kyuhyun having a wonderful time.

By the time he was finished eating, he was entirely stuffed and very satisfied, feeling so lazy that he leaned his head against Yesung’s shoulder, the older man just patting his cheeks, pressing a chaste kiss to his forehead.

The moment was only interrupted when the waitress knocked quickly and entered, Yesung moving away quickly from Kyuhyun, which made him scowl, which in turn made the waitress pause for a second. It was only Yesung’s quick thinking that saved them from a world of awkwardness, smiling brightly and declining the offer for any desserts.

Kyuhyun was still a little displeased and his neck hurt a little from his freefall, but there was no harm done and he was too busy sulking to care about desserts.

When she had left, Yesung mumbled an apology and Kyuhyun grunted a response, the mood sinking just a little, a stark reminder of exactly how they must live their lives. It’s weird, but Kyuhyun thought he was much more intimate with his friends in public than he was with his boyfriend, but for some reason it was always harder to be comfortable with being seen when they were with each other.

He suppose that was simply because if anyone ever asked if he were in love with Changmin he would laugh till he threw up, the mere idea of such a horrendous thing making his stomach twist in a type of disgust that he wouldn’t name, certain he would be very quick to answer in the negative and maybe ask the poser if they were insane.

If they ever asked that question about Yesung he wasn’t sure if he could outright deny his love.

He suppose it was better the question was never asked.

Yesung seemed as if he wanted to say more on the matter, probably another apology, but Kyuhyun avoided his eyes, not wanting to hear it, instead sipping at the remainder of his drink and staring at the floral arrangement.

The slow building tension was cut once more when the waitress returned with the cheque. Kyuhyun and Yesung both reached for the wallets the same time.

Kyuhyun laughed easily.

Some things never changed.

“I think it’s my turn this time” Yesung said as he pressed a hand against Kyuhyun’s hand, holding his wallet, a warm smile on his lips and Kyuhyun hesitated just for a minute.

“Let it be my treat” Yesung insisted softly, not forcefully, more like asking Kyuhyun to accept it this time rather than the heavy insistence that Kyuhyun would have received in the past, seemingly picking up on Kyuhyun’s hesitancy.

“It’s not as if my bank account would be that opposed to such an idea” Kyuhyun said with a nonchalant shrug, but his lips twisted at the ends, the words meant to be teasing and he figured Yesung knew that as well.

“Brat” Yesung said good-naturedly, happy that the cheque wouldn’t be an issue.

Kyuhyun didn’t see no reason to make a fuss, except that it was always “turn” when they went out that way, but Kyuhyun didn’t think now was the time to address it to be frank. They were having a good time and Yesung was the one that invited him out. It was normal to want to pay on a date and that was something that Kyuhyun had to get adjusted to anyway. It wasn’t just Yesung’s pride that caused him to be that way, but his upbringing and the sickening fact that Yesung still saw Kyuhyun as a dongsaeng in his mind.

Kyuhyun though could recognize that he was not much better in his insistence in being the one to pay. They both had pride and ideas that didn’t suit their circumstances and he would be a hypocrite if he acted as if Yesung was the only one.

Plus, he would be saving some money.

That’s not a bad deal.

Yesung easily handled the issue, not likely being a large amount before he turned to smile at Kyuhyun, motioning for him to get up and for them to leave. He easily helped Kyuhyun with his coat and then was leading them out the establishment, smiling at the servers on the way out.

By the time they were outside, it was glaring how cold the weather actually was now that they were not in the warmed restaurant. Kyuhyun wondered if they were just going to go home or maybe somewhere else for a walk maybe? He was just hopeful.

Yesung led them to his car and paused.

“Just let me get something” He said and left Kyuhyun standing by the car awkwardly to conclude that they were not using the car?

What did he have in mind exactly?

Yesung returned Kyuhyun’s face mask and a pair of gloves with a warm smile.

So that walk was probably going to happen.

“Going for a walk?” Kyuhyun asked lightly just to confirm what he had already confirmed in his mind.

“Yep” Yesung affirmed when he approached Kyuhyun, though he grabbed at his hand and pulled into a more sheltered areas between the cars before standing before him.

“I didn’t think it would be this cold though” he complained as he reached upwards and pulled Kyuhyun’s cap downwards once more and trying to cover his red ears a little, Kyuhyun just watching him with a warm half smile and smitten eyes.

“I dunno if we should” Yesung continued to wonder out loud even as he dragged Kyuhyun’s coat together, closing the buttons and lifting the collar so that it covered his neck as much as possible, small delicate fingers moving in perfect ease as he took care of Kyuhyun.

“I think it would be okay” Kyuhyun added his opinion to the mix, wanting to spend more time with Yesung that way, even if it was cold.

In fact, he liked the cold. It meant that he could conceivably convince Yesung that he needed warming up in the best way possible, which was obviously human contact in the form of kisses and maybe some groping.

Might be a hard sell but he was willing.

“You sure?” Yesung questioned even as he took Kyuhyun’s hands his, squeezing softly before he carefully started to rub one at a time between his palms, trying to warm them up, Kyuhyun just watching him with a swollen heart and a full thankful mind.

“Hmmm” Kyuhyun nodded, not trusting himself to say anything or move at all, especially since the desire to kiss the smaller man was so strong he thought he would choke on it.

The area was empty right now but it was not as if it would stay that way and he probably shouldn’t take the chance, least it caused him trouble.

He wanted too so badly though.

“If you’re sure” Yesung accepted as he pulled the gloves he had taken from the car out of his coat pocket and began to slip them onto Kyuhyun’s hands, deep concentration and wrinkled nose and Kyuhyun was dying inside.

Was this a new way of torturing a man because it certainly felt like it.

Want to kiss him so badly.

He bit his lips instead, just giving Yesung a dumb look when he looked up and smiled at him, Kyuhyun’s eyes wide and in a daze, biting back what felt like instinct, melting completely when Yesung lifted a single gloved hand and did the cheesiest thing on planet earth—kissed it.

Just a fond brush of his lips before he dropped the hand.

He handed Kyuhyun his mask, leaving the choice to Kyuhyun if he wanted to put it on or not before he began fiddling with his own scarf and coat, Kyuhyun supposing he should help too, but knew it would be a bad idea to get anywhere within touching distance of Yesung, sure to end up trying to grab hold of him and that wasn’t a very good thing.

He needed to calm himself quickly.

“Ready?” Yesung asked with a small smile, half his face now covered by his scarf, but the tips of his ears where red and Kyuhyun wanted to touch him, so he just stuck his hand inside his pocket and made a fist, refusing to cause any fuss.

“Yeah” Kyuhyun managed to mumble out, Yesung giving him a quizzical look, which was probably linked to the fact that his noncommittal attitude might have had Yesung second guessing whether or not his idea was accepted.

Kyuhyun tried to smile then, offering up one of the brightest smiles he could manage hoping that would be enough to give Yesung the assurance he needed that he was very happy with this set up.

With that settled, Yesung calmly held onto Kyuhyun’s wrist, shocking him a little as he walked about the parking lot, Kyuhyun not sure what to make of the action, forced to let it go entirely when Yesung dropped his hand when they passed the first person on this would be casual stroll.

“Why here though? Wouldn’t the river be nicer?” Kyuhyun had to ask unfortunately.

It was not that he was unappreciative, happy to be with Yesung of course, just not sure where they were exactly, not having paid attention on the drive, but he figured they were still in Gwangjin-ju and not far from the dorms since they didn’t drive that long. He probably could make out the exact location if he paid more attention, but was just curious as to why they were walking in this area when they were actually close to the Han River and that place was a much nicer.

This was nice too, but in a different way, the streets calm and not especially inhabited, likely due to the weather. However, the scenery was not especially nice, just some shops and stores and things like that, though there were some roadside trees that were actually quite nice, all things considered, but it was still no Han River.

“You don’t like it?” Yesung questioned instead, his steps slowing as he gives Kyuhyun an uncertain look, seemingly questioning his own choice.

“It’s not that I don’t like it, I am just wondering why here and not the River” Kyuhyun tried to explain, bolding slipping his hand against Yesung’s forearm as casually as he could, and walking forward, not giving Yesung the time to think about it very much or pull away since that would actually draw more attention.

He had held Changmin’s hand like that in the pass and it was considered normal for the most part. It wasn’t intimate as actual hand holding, as this one was casual and friendly.

Yesung give their hands a look but didn’t pull away and seemed to settle with the first few steps forward and then he relaxed entirely, laughing a little.

“Actually…..there’s a café that’s not too far from here that has really good chocolate cheese cake” Yesung whispered as if he were a co-conspirator in a spy drama, cheeks flaming a little as he looked sort of sheepish.

“Cheating on your own café Hyung?” Kyuhyun laughed, bubbly and bright, the explanation making a world of sense to Kyuhyun immediately, finding his boyfriend to be much too adorable for words.

“Ours is really good too!” Yesung felt the need to defend his café, because really, their cheesecake was heaven on earth.

Just not as good as this café’s sadly.

This was heaven and hell and stars and all in between.

Kyuhyun just kept laughing beside him as Yesung pouted, shy that he had been caught being less than faithful to his café, but between a man and his sweet tooth, there would be casualties.

“Just not as good as this one?” Kyuhyun supplied in a question form, though there was really just a teasing nature to the words and no real seriousness attached.

If Yesung wanted cheesecake from the moon then so be it.

“Exactly!” Yesung beamed at him, happy that Kyuhyun understood his dilemma, Kyuhyun so happy he could die, the conversation entirely pointless but utterly enjoyable, the warm red glow of Yesung’s cheeks and the way he grinned making Kyuhyun’s heart thump erratically, walking slowly as he tried to stay alive from the intensity of it.

“I should have known you had something up your sleeve” Kyuhyun joked happily, continuing the pointless conversation about cheesecakes and false loyalty as they continued to make their way up the path, not really conscious of much, not even the people that they passed, Kyuhyun still attached to his forearm and unwilling to let go, caught up in each other.

“What do you mean” Yesung questioned a little hastily, tensing a bit, but Kyuhyun didn’t really notice the change, still chuckling to himself about the overall idea of it.

“You didn’t have dessert at the restaurant. I should have known you had alternative plans to feed that sweet tooth of yours” Kyuhyun explained casually, now noting the way Yesung tensed but it was gone as soon as the words were out his mouth, Yesung just laughing as if he had been caught and Kyuhyun once more forgetting all about it.

“Well…this is like nothing you have ever had believe me” Yesung said instead refusing to feel ashamed for his choice in desserts.

He meant no spite to the restaurant, sure they had a nice dessert menu but he was a man on a mission.

In more ways than one.

All in due time.

Kyuhyun expressed some scepticism but Yesung told he would prove in to him, Kyuhyun just joking with him as they continued along the path, happy in each other’s presence, until finally they came to this famed café, Yesung beaming at the sight of it, Kyuhyun just taking it in with some curiosity and a little concern, since it was sort of busy in the cold weather.

Yesung didn’t seem that concerned about that fact though, just pushing past the glass door, Kyuhyun the one releasing his arm this time.

“Go sit over there and wait. I will be right back” Yesung directed instead , with a bit of an edge to his voice that surprised Kyuhyun but he figured it would be strange to make a fuss when Yesung pointed out a cosy corner for him to sit and then smiled that famous megawatt smile at him.

 Kyuhyun as mindless as he usually was when that smile was employed, just nodding dumbly and heading to the  booth in the corner that Yesung had pointed out, making it his business to not make eye contact with anyone least he be recognized and disturbed.

People seemed to go about their own business though, not giving him a second glance, unlike his boyfriend, who received a few appreciative glances from more than one patron, Kyuhyun scowling as Yesung disappeared somewhere around the bathrooms.

Kyuhyun supposed he should get the cake, but he wasn’t sure if Yesung had a specific way he liked it and by the time he figured he could just buy anything and Yesung would like it, the man was back, motioning for Kyuhyun to wait as he joined the short line.

Kyuhyun didn’t see any reason to disobey, just idly texting Minho and Changmin as he waited. He expected Yesung to join him after he got his cake, but he glanced up to see him milling around the counter texting someone.

Kyuhyun supposed he just wanted to wait for his cake, not putting it past him to be overly energetic and unwilling to move until he got it, Kyuhyun smiling at him in happiness before he received a new reply, just filling in his friends about what he had been told by his managers, Changmin worrying that his schedules might clash at the last minute, Minho hoping it worked out, the usual.

By the time he looked up again, Yesung was no longer at the counter, Kyuhyun’s eyes darting wildly before his attention was drawn by the man he was looking for, Yesung standing before him grinning as he handed him a cup of coffee?

No….Hot Chocolate.

It smelt heavenly.

Kyuhyun held the form cup in his hands and grinned, only to be confused when Yesung didn’t take a seat.

“Come with me. I want to show you something else” Yesung said instead, reaching for Kyuhyun’s hand.

Kyuhyun frowned.

“We are not going to have the coffee?” Kyuhyun questioned as he motioned to their cups, his on the table and Yesung holding on to his, as well as a brown bag which Kyuhyun assumed had his sort after cake. So really, why didn’t he want to have it now?

“That’s why I got in to go cups silly” Yesung said with a teasing smile and a shake of his head, looking at Kyuhyun as if he was daft, just amusement rather than malice.

“Oh....okay” Kyuhyun wasn’t sure about the whole thing, but was willing to go with the flow if that was what Yesung wanted.

He just wanted him to be happy and he would be happy.

So far it had been a fun date. Kyuhyun wasn’t going to deny that. Simple things with Yesung made him happy, so he was pleased that he got to do normal things like have a meal and have dessert. Or he assumed he would have dessert eventual.

Yesung did say he had something to show him so maybe had a place in mind for the cake? Or he was saving it for later and just wanted to walk some more. Kyuhyun wasn’t particularly tired but it was well after twelve he thought. It was late and the walking was nice, even if he preferred the warm café.

Whatever Yesung wanted to be honest.

Yesung once again extended his hand and Kyuhyun was a bit surprised but he took it never the less, happy to hold on to Yesung even if he probably just wanted to help him up. Kyuhyun however was once more surprised when Yesung didn’t release his hand immediately, instead squeezing his hand warmly for a few minutes before he released his hand, leading them once more through the door, Kyuhyun sipping his cocoa easily, even offering to hold Yesung’s cake for him.

Kyuhyun was a little hesitant but Yesung didn’t seem to be worried just slowing to a stroll, other pedestrians limited and uncaring, though Kyuhyun did glance around a few times.

Dispatch was sly.

He didn’t think they would get anything too juicy though, which would have to be on them. They would need to be careful of being ridiculously obvious, though you could get away with some of that. Taemin and Kai did, but then again, they actually were just friends and to be frank both too smart to be ensnared by dispatch.

He wasn’t actually sure about their actual relationship statuses, but Minho would likely gossip, as he was prone to doing and everyone would know who the kids liked or were dating.

Kyuhyun normally wasn’t that interested, unless it was juicy, which really made him a bit of a hypocrite, since he was hiding the biggest secret of all. Or maybe the biggest secret after Changmin’s.

Was that even a secret?

All in all, caution was required.

So cautious that Yesung gave him a strange look and then he laughed, probably realizing what Kyuhyun was doing.

“You never know” Kyuhyun shrugged nonchalantly, before he smartly put his hand on Yesung’s back.

“And that would be the best thing to do if you are being cautious?” Yesung asked with a lifted eyebrow, though he didn’t shy away from the touch.

“You do worse with Siwon and get away with it” Kyuhyun pointed out a lot more smarmily than he meant to, the words sounding better in head but his throat colouring it with bitterness that he didn’t intend but truthfully felt.

Why did Siwon get to be everywhere with him and touch him and be so bold as to put it up on SNS and have millions of people see it and he didn’t?

It wasn’t fair.

Yesung’s steps paused and Kyuhyun panicked, finally thinking about what he said, other than how jealous he was and how unfair the whole thing was, realizing that Yesung could have taken offence to the words. It wouldn’t be the first time he was reprimanded for being petty when it came to Siwon and Kyuhyun was regretting it already.

He didn’t mean it the way it probably sounded to Yesung.

An apology on the tip of his tongue just as Yesung spoke.

“Siwon isn’t you is he?” Yesung said clearly, looking Kyuhyun dead in the eyes, a million things said and a million more to be understood.

Kyuhyun felt chastised and exalted in the same breath, his chest constricting as his head sped up.

No, he sure as hell wasn’t.

Seemed Yesung knew the difference after all.

Whack.

“And it’s Siwon “hyung” you rude brat” reprimanded with a tired roll for his eyes and Kyuhyun was desperate to hug him then at least, wanting to squeeze the life out of him.

Bastard was rude too.

“Don’t even think about it or I will kick you” Yesung promised with a dismissive glance and then to make matters worse, just took a sip of his coffee and smiled at the woman that passed by, who just nodded her head at him, busy to get out of the cold, Kyuhyun scowling beside him, unable to figure out which part he was being threatened for.

The wanting to hug him for saying something as wonderful as he had, or the squeezing the life out of him, or maybe it was calling him a bastard?

He didn’t put it past Yesung to know what he was thinking.

“Hyung” Kyuhyun began, but the words died with Yesung turned to him again, cheeks red and eyes shining with what was probably mischief or just something so pretty it made Kyuhyun lose his train of thought.

“Brat” Yesung sighed fondly, a warm smile and tender eyes as he reached downwards and gave Kyuhyun a heart attack.

The casualty in which he slipped his uncovered hand into Kyuhyun’s gloved palm, fingers slipping past his and into those familiar grooves, Kyuhyun instantly annoyed that Yesung had made him wear clothes, wanting to feel the warmth of those diseased baby hands, marvelling at the fact that he never seemed to get over holding Yesung’s hand. He had done it a million times by now and each time was different and maybe better than the last.

It was the same now to Kyuhyun, squeezing tightly, rubbing his thumb across the knuckles, trying his hardest to warm it up, Yesung just flashing him a smile before he quickened his steps, before they were nearly at a standstill.

“It’s cold. Let’s go” Yesung said, very unromantically in Kyuhyun’s opinion.

He didn’t comment on the matter, just making a face that Yesung couldn’t see, before deciding that Yesung was right and it was cold, so it was best to get out of it, with a longer stride and he was at his side properly, beat for beat, hands joined.

Kyuhyun was just getting comfortable holding his hand when Yesung stopped on the street rather abruptly in Kyuhyun’s opinion, Kyuhyun glancing around before he realized that Yesung had stopped in front of a shop.

“Game Haven –For all your gaming dreams”

Okay.

That was a weird sign but what was weirder was the fact that Yesung seemed to be entering the shop and dragging Kyuhyun to the steps that led up to it, Kyuhyun worried for a second.

The place was neon lighted and didn’t look to special and why on earth would Yesung want to do in a game shop?

Even Kyuhyun would rather not interrupt a date with the man he loved to go to a game shop.

That was the type of that Heechul did frankly, and it was never a good idea to do anything that Heechul thought was a good idea, except maybe “pressing your boyfriend down into the mattress and ing the life out of him…or the other way ‘round…unless you wanna tell me which is which ;)”

That was Heechul’s advice to him a few weeks back when he had been snooping about his and Yesung’s life as he liked to do. He didn’t get anything out of Kyuhyun, but still gave that bit of advice.

Kyuhyun was seriously looking into that one admittedly.

He just didn’t mention that bit to Yesung as yet, not wanting to be smacked for 1. Speaking to Heechul about their relationship, 2. Considering any advice given by Heechul, and 3. For being in the same room as Heechul.

All of that did not explain why Yesung was grinning as he led them into a game shop however, Kyuhyun’s eyes wide and a little worried when the door jarred and they entered, the inside thankfully a lot nicer than the ugly neon signs outside, larger too.

There were large flat screens airing online games he suspected, old arcade gaming machines, consoles and shelves of games lining the walls, figurines and posters of famous gaming characters and things like that, the lighting much nicer and place surprising very clean.

It was sort of like a PC room, expect this one was set up strictly for gaming, open aired spots and closed cubicles as well as one or two patrons that wouldn’t even know if the world was ending, headphones plugged in and eyes trained on the screens and not leaving.

It was actually sort of nice.

The sort of place Kyuhyun wouldn’t mind dragging Minho and Changmin to blow off a few hours gaming. There were even snack bars and lounge chairs.

How on earth did Yesung find this place? And better yet, why where they there?

Yesung wasn’t much of a gamer. He played from time to time casually with the others but he didn’t live it like he and Heechul did, and not enough to spend date time in a place like this.

“Hyung?” Kyuhyun questioned with some urgency, before looking up and seeing the guy at the counter look up, instantly looking down at their still joined hands, attempting to pry it away before Yesung just clamped down harder.

Kyuhyun giving him a disbelieving look, forgetting the man at the counter for  second, only to give himself some sort of crick when Yesung greeted the man at the counter with some familiarity, the man doing the same, Kyuhyun looking at Yesung as if he had grown a second head.

“Hyung….” he said again, but Yesung paid no attention to him, instead saying something to the man at the counter, Kyuhyun not paying attention to the words, just a bit awkward with standing in a game shop, still holding his boyfriend’s hand and not having idea why they were there.

Thankfully the man didn’t seem to care or notice their hands. He didn’t seem to care very much that they were Super Junior members either. With that much eye contact, it would impossible not to know that they were, but he supposed, to a gamer, SJ would be pretty irrelevant in the scheme of things.

No offence even taken.

“I hope you like it” Yesung mumbled to himself as he began to walk again, Kyuhyun having no choice but to follow him through a short well lit corridor. Then they were pausing at the door, Yesung dumbly realizing that he couldn’t open the door with his hands still attached to Kyuhyun’s, dropping their hands as Kyuhyun ended up pressed against his back almost.

“Hyung? What’s going on? Why are we here? Are we even allowed to be in the back here?” Kyuhyun questioned in rapid fire, worried a little at the fact that Yesung just walked to the back of the shop, and seriously, what the hell was going on?

“You’ll see” Yesung said in response, turning half way to give Kyuhyun one of the brightest smiles he had ever seen in life and the wind was sort of knocked out of his chest, just gaping at the pretty man that grinned even wider at his expression, glancing over Kyuhyun’s shoulder before he leaned upwards and pressed a chaste kiss to his lips before he turned away and back towards the door.

And then he was turning the handle and taking a step inside, Kyuhyun dumbly holding his arm, his legs a little weak from that last smile and just content to be led around by Yesung, admittedly a little dazed.

Yesung hit the lights and then Kyuhyun nearly choked.

“Surprise!!”

Yesung bellowed in that annoyingly adorable excited voice of his, turning to Kyuhyun as he stepped backwards into the room, getting a first-hand view of Kyuhyun’s hanging jaw and that deer caught in the headlights look he had going on, speechless for now.

This was not what he had expected.

Not at all.

It was glorious!

On the wall of the fairly large room was a medium sized banner written “Happy Birthday” and some cute pictures of him attached to the banner. This was attached on the wall over a table with a cute cake with fruits and chocolate and probably happy birthday written on it since he couldn’t see it exactly from there, but there was a 28 unlit candle stuck in the middle. Surrounding it were trays of what looked like snacks and drinks and a couple bottles of wines and even some soju and was a couple of pastry pies.

Around the room there were balloons and streamers that he just knew Yesung put up himself, just imagining him climbing on the couches scattered around trying to get them up there. What really caught his attention though, were the large old school game machines that were against the walls, powered up and ready to use, along with a large projector against one wall attached to a console and controllers a comfortable couch and Kyuhyun figured he walked into a dream.

A specialized gaming room.

Oh My God.

Yesung planned a surprise birthday party for him.

He was so in awe he didn’t even feel when Yesung grabbed his hand and pulled him into the room, taking the cup of cocoa he had basically forgotten about from his hand, still gaping at everything, not sure what he was impressed with the most, the room seriously like a freaking dream, the walls painted to look as if it came straight from a graphic layout and this was freaking amazing!

He only came to his senses when Yesung wrapped his arms around his shoulders, Kyuhyun still staring around dumbly, though it was instinct that made his hands settle on the man’s hips and then lower back when he got the balance of it right, Yesung leaning forward to kiss him sweetly.

Only when warm lips were on his did he completely snap out of it all together and kiss back greedily, Yesung breaking the kiss with a laugh when Kyuhyun seemed to want to devour him.

“I take it you like my surprise” Yesung asked impishly, looking sort of smug but really just very happy that Kyuhyun seemed so in awe of everything.

Normally he was against taking any advice from Heechul, but when he had been complaining that he didn’t know what to do for Kyuhyun’s birthday, Heechul was the one that had suggested the ‘game lounge’ as he called it. One of his friends ran it and he said it was like a dream to gamers. Yesung wasn’t convinced that was appropriate since gaming lacked a certain romanticism, but it was Leeteuk that commented that ‘wasn’t the romance in the happiness the other person feels?’

Kyuhyun would definitely like the game shop more than some stoic stuffy candlelit dinner since he didn’t know anywhere that was entirely private for them to be touchy whilst there. This was much better. The owner was an acquaintance that Heechul vouched for and the other patrons would be too game dead to care that he and Kyuhyun were there anywhere.

The room was pretty cheap which made him feel bad since he wanted to spoil Kyuhyun a bit, but he supposed once Kyuhyun liked it, it wasn’t too bad. After work he had come over with everything and tried his best to decorate it, not doing a great job, but he didn’t think Kyuhyun would care very much about the decorations when there were game consoles. Heechul said they had the best collection of modern and vintage games in all of Seoul and that it was everything Kyuhyun would like.

He set up everything before he went to go wait on Kyuhyun, figuring it would be better if it were  a surprise for him, the room theirs for the night.

He was glad Kyuhyun seemed to like it.

“How? Hyung? This….Hyung!!” Kyuhyun was having some problems getting his thoughts aligned, mind in so much glee that it couldn’t function properly, instead just letting his instincts take over, hugging Yesung close to his chest and going in for another kiss.

One that seemed to the life out of them both.

Kyuhyun only released him when Yesung tugged on his hair and pushed at his shoulder.

“You’re gonna suffocate me” Yesung complained but it was done with a playful, happy smile, beaming at Kyuhyun who beamed right back, ridiculously happy.

Not just at the fact the game room was perfect, but that Yesung planned a surprise and wanted to celebrate his birthday with him.

This was one of the fears he had when he agreed to do the variety show and it became a reality when they announced the filming dates. He would be in India with the Kyu-line on his birthday and not with Yesung. He never liked not being near Yesung on his birthday, but as to be expected it happened fairly frequently, the year before he was busy an unable to be with him very much and it as nearly the same the year before that, only a few minutes spared.

He could always count that phone call at midnight, but they weren’t able go past that often.

This was a freaking dream!

“Do you like it?” Yesung asked seriously as his fingers tangled in the back of Kyuhyun’s hair, beneath the cap, his small fingers helping the hair with its natural curls at the end, his weight pressed against Kyuhyun not by choice but necessity, Kyuhyun holding him so tightly, lips nearly brushing Kyuhyun’s cheeks when he spoke.

“You think?” Kyuhyun answered with disbelief, his expression making Yesung chuckle happily.

“I wanted to do something nice for you this year. I know today isn’t your birthday, but I thought maybe we could celebrate it today instead since you will be in India” Yesung explained as he leaned back trying to get some space to speak, Kyuhyun making it hard with his insistence on pressing his lips wherever he could reach, right now on his jaw a little.

“This is perfect” Kyuhyun hummed against his cheek, genuinely that happy with the whole thing.

He loved everything about it, the room, the evening, even the surprise part and the walk in the cold and the perfect game shop and Yesung’s ugly streamers and the man in his arms.

Everything!

“I love everything about it” Kyuhyun said happily, pulling back a little to grin at Yesung, face splitting from the happiness of it all.

“Thank you so much” he added warmly before he leaned down to kiss the man in his arms again, not sure what to do with the swirling of emotion in his chest and the fondness pouring out of him.

His boyfriend was perfect.

Except when he insisted on giggling into the kiss and pulling away.

“You should have seen your face!” Yesung laughed, unable to hold it in, probably ruining a romantic moment, but he didn’t care.

He was just sorry that he hadn’t gotten a picture of it, too busy trying to show Kyuhyun his surprise than to get his phone and take the picture.

What a waste.

“What? I was shocked alright” Kyuhyun argued, cheeks heating in a blush.

He really had no idea what was happening. It was not often that Yesung was able to surprise him, the idiot always letting it slip sometime before because he couldn’t contain his excitement or in most cases, worry.

This time Kyuhyun could think back to things that seemed fishy in retrospect, letting it go in the heat of the moment, but once he laid the pieces together he should have seen something like this coming.

It didn’t really matter anyway. He was happy with the surprise and he could admit to that freely. Yesung could tease all he wanted. Kyuhyun was too happy to care.

“I’m just mad that I didn’t get a picture” Yesung lamented with a pout, which in turn made Kyuhyun laugh, squishing his head into Yesung’s head and just inhaling, hugging him close.

“This really is very awesome” Kyuhyun confessed as he glanced around the game room, seeing so many things that he would like, the happy birthday sign making him the most happy.

“Thank you. Really” Kyuhyun said sincerely once more, truly appreciative.

“You’re welcome” Yesung responded with a smile, warm and bright and happy.

“You had this all planned when we left right?” Kyuhyun clarified to sooth his own curiosity but it was sort of clear to him that was how everything worked out.

“The date and everything was just to lead me here right?” Kyuhyun added once more, letting all the pieces fall into place, Yesung asking him out and that date and taking him to dinner and then the walk in this direction and all of it.

Sly bastard had it all planned from the beginning.

Kyuhyun had his suspicions early on, suspecting the walk and the way Yesung was trying to act casual at times, but honestly, he didn’t think it would end like this.

“Yep. Surprised you right?” Yesung asked with the biggest grin, clearly pleased that he had finally managed to surprise Kyuhyun. He didn’t manage to do it often, only one or two times and mostly it ended in disaster, but so far everything had gone mostly to plan and he was so very happy.

He would never forget the look of glee on Kyuhyun’s face when he said surprise. That was worth it all. Honestly.

He would do anything to make Kyuhyun that happy.

“Look who’s sly now” Kyuhyun teased, bringing a hand up to tease at Yesung’s hair, threading his fingers in it fondly, Yesung still trapped in his embrace, not making much moves to escape though, his hands over his shoulder or on his cheeks, both interested in staying close.

“See? I can do it too” Yesung cheered nearly, clearly pleased with himself as he ought to be.

He really wanted to make Kyuhyun happy and he had accomplished that. It wasn’t the most perfect evening, but it had ed the way he had intended and it was certainly far from over.

“Yes you can” Kyuhyun acknowledged with a nod, which earned him a happy pleased smile from Yesung, which in turn earned Yesung a peck to the nose.

Which he wiped away with a shake of his head, Kyuhyun just giving him a dark look.

Kyuhyun once more surveyed the room, grinning at everything he saw and how happy it made him, and then his eyes stopped on the birthday cake, and then it occurred to him.

“Wait……if you knew we were going to have birthday cake, why did you get cake at the café?” Kyuhyun asked with a lifted eyebrow, looking down at Yesung with a little smugness of his own.

“What does it matter?” Yesung attempted to dismiss but Kyuhyun just kept looking at him.

“Okay fine! I just wanted the cheesecake alright! I am sorry I made you walk in the cold” Yesung confessed dramatically, smartly burying his head in Kyuhyun’s throat to avoid his damning eyes.

He was sorry for making him walk in the cold. They really could have taken the car, since the store had a parking lot on the backstreet and they could have just driven, but the café didn’t have one and he wanted the cake, and maybe he would share it with Kyuhyun?

He was caught.

“Only you” Kyuhyun laughed as he pressed a kiss to Yesung’s forehead, Yesung mumbling something into his chest, Kyuhyun having to tug him back to hear it.

“I’ll share with you” he mumbled once more, looking at Kyuhyun’s chest and not his face.

“No, you won’t” Kyuhyun laughed.

Yesung really wouldn’t. He knew that much.

“I got you cocoa to make up for it!” Yesung protested his somewhat innocence.

He did want to walk with Kyuhyun truthfully, planned it in his mind, but he might have selected that restaurant just so that he could walk past that coffee shop to get his cake.

It wasn’t that bad! And he even covered Kyuhyun up entirely, so he didn’t think he was that mean to the younger man.

Kyuhyun was just laughing completely now.

“You’re something else” Kyuhyun mumbled as he went in for another kiss, unable to help himself any more, Yesung melting into it too, and by the time they pulled away, they were both flushed and happy.

A sound outside drew Kyuhyun’s eyes, now remembering the door, turning quickly to find it shut, sighing in relief.

He could have been caught and that would have been a problem.

“It’s a private room. We’re okay” Yesung eased his mind when he realized what had happened, having shut the door himself when he took Kyuhyun’s cup from him.

The manager won’t come in and in that regard they were safe to be exactly in the position they were in. There weren’t any security cameras as far as he could tell and their privacy ought to be protected. If Heechul trusted the owner then he would to. Heechul would kill someone if they hurt him or Kyuhyun that way, so he was trying to just embrace the moment and make up for the time they would surely lose in the coming week and month, Kyuhyun’s schedule ridiculous as it always was.

“Oh really?” Kyuhyun shot to confirm, his eyes twinkling in mischief that didn’t match.

Yesung nodded a little dumbly, seemingly unaware of Kyuhyun’s less than pure intentions.

“Perfect. Now I can do this even more” Kyuhyun grinned, making Yesung confused just before he blindsided him with a searing kiss.

His hands dragging Yesung back into a solid hold, possessive hands on his back as his lips worked magic, Yesung surrendering without much of a fight, letting Kyuhyun plunder as he saw fit, kissing back just as fervently, Kyuhyun grinning against his lip and then he slid a mischievous hand downwards to grab at Yesung’s , the man nearly squealing in surprise, Kyuhyun swallowing the sound with his lips, Yesung digging his teeth into his lips in punishment but he didn’t push him away yet, both caught up in their battle so much that they missed the door jarring open.

“OH MY GOD!!!”

“MY EYES”

“THEY BURN”

“HELP”

“Well…I’ll never unsee that”

“DID YOU CALL US HERE JUST TO TORTURE US?”

“Hyung!!”

“Quick I need holy water”

“Don’t joke about things like that Eunhyuk!”

“The Lord’s blessing is a serious thing”

“Get away from my Hyung, you monster!”

“That’s it? Why are you ers always so ing vanilla?”

“Way to go maknae!”

“Heechul!”

“Maybe you guys can lower your voices?”

“Teukie hyung I think I’m blind”

“No you’re not Hyukkie”

“If all that wanking you do to didn’t blind you as of yet, I think you’re good”

“Heechul!!”

“What? Like you weren’t thinking it too”

“Hyung are you okay?”

“Did Kyuhyun hurt you?”

“Well, this is nice”

“Oh….snacks!”

“The decorations came out nice Yesungie hyung”

That was the way Super Junior announced their presence.

Yesung pushing Kyuhyun away so fast that the younger man ended up on the floor, shocked and gapping at first and now entirely pissed as Donghae wrapped himself around Yesung protectively, Yesung so mortified that he was covering his face with his hands, silent as he buried himself into Donghae and then finally Siwon when the taller man finally came to him, drawing him closer and allowing him drown in his embarrassment protected in his embrace.

Kyuhyun seething as he picked himself up.

“What are you ers doing here?” Kyuhyun hissed as he dusted his hands and tried not to think about the fact that he just got pushed by his boyfriend until he fell flat on his and that everyone was watching him with mockery.

Seriously? Who the hell invited these losers?

He was so happy before they came.

“Cho Kyuhyun! You are not to speak to them like that” Yesung so incensed by the rudeness of the younger man that he forgot that he was wondering if will power could make you turn invisible.

Right about then he had enough will and desire to power a miracle.

Caught in such a position by his dongsaengs no less.

/Weeps.

Why wasn’t the earth swallowing him up?

He would question the heavens in a second, first he had to deal with Kyuhyun.

“They’re your hyungdeul you rude brat. Apologize” Yesung demanded seriously, turning to give everyone a look of apology as quickly as he could before he was staring at the ground and being grateful for Donghae’s hand that held his waist and kept him upright.

Kyuhyun was unhappy but this time he was wrong.

“Hyung” He complained/whined but Yesung only shot up to give him a sharp look.

“Fine” he acquiesced under duress.

“Sorry” he mumbled to the floor, unwilling to acknowledge that he was scared of a tiny little man, and had to do what he said or would be yanked about on a chain until he died.

And he knew he wasn’t supposed to be rude to his hyungdeul anyway. He was just frustrated at everything, including the fact that he had been slightly aroused, and if they saw that they would never let him live.

Thankfully the anger was good at killing that sort of thing, though Heechul looked smug enough to last a freaking lifetime.

GGGRRRRRRRRRRR

“What did you say maknae? I didn’t seem to hear” Heechul baited, smug as he took a seat on the chair.

 Eunhyuk and Ryeowook and Leeteuk and Kangin doing the same, filtering into the room and locking the door behind them, trying to cut out the yelling that Eunhyuk and Donghae did, Eunhyuk looking a little green in the face still and Kangin and Ryeowook  wondering over to the table to pick at the snacks.

“Heebongie” Yesung intervened a little sharply

Just because Kyuhyun was rude and needed to apologize, didn’t mean Heechul got to mock Kyuhyun in his presence. It couldn’t have been easy for Kyuhyun to swallow his pride and likely anger to say sorry, and Yesung was not going to stand by and let Heechul make it harder for him than necessary, especially after Yesung had pushed him to the floor.

Was he alright?

He wanted to ask, but sure the question would bring teasing, so just tried to look at him under his lids and ensure he was alright, whilst making sure Heechul knew he wouldn’t be tolerant of anything that hurt Kyuhyun.

“Pfff…..you’re like a ing guard dog” Heechul grumbled loudly, making a tsking sound in the back of his throat.

“Do I need to stick my tongue down your throat to get that kind of protection too, Rabid Dog?” Heechul asked after a beat, giving Yesung a flirty look and Kyuhyun a once over, enjoying the way Yesung sputtered and Kyuhyun fumed, Ryeowook coming over to hug Kyuhyun close, least he lose his temper.

Whack.

“Yah!” Heechul screeched as he rubbed the back of his head, glaring the fires of well, Heechul , at Leeteuk, who had calmly smacked the back of Heechul’s head.

Yesung looked ready to die and Kyuhyun had certainly not taken calmly to the words, Ryeowook wrapped entirely around him to keep him calm and still, Donghae doing the same to Yesung, though Leeteuk supposed the if they really wanted Kyuhyun calm, Yesung ought to have been the one doing it, but it was unlikely Yesung would touch Kyuhyun in their presence now.

That was an experience to see, but it wasn’t the first time Leeteuk had walked in on of his bandmates face with someone else, having Heechul to thank for that, just that it was odd to see two of his bandmates kissing.

And it wasn’t anything graphic or gross, sort of sweet actually, so wrapped up in each other before Yesung realized they had entered the room and pushed Kyuhyun away.

Poor kid looked as if he would die then.

“Leave our maknae alone Heechul” Leeteuk instructed as he surveyed the room.

“This is nice Yesungie” Leeteuk commented to get some causality going, ignoring Heechul cursing at him from behind, deciding that the atmosphere was better being celebratory than antagonistic.

“That’s not enough wine though” Kangin pointed out from the table, eyeing the two measly bottles that the man had lined up there.

He and Ryeowook alone could drink that.

“It’s okay though. We bought some” gleeful as he held up his black bag with what Yesung would assume was soju by the way he grinned.

“I also ordered some pizza and chicken. It should be here soon” Ryeowook added, catching on to what Leeteuk had been attempting to do, happy to help, even with his cheek pressed to Kyuhyun’s shoulder pleading with him not to respond to Heechul.

“Thanks for inviting us Hyung. This place is cool” Siwon joined in, beaming at Yesung, hoping to get him to look less jumpy and red, the man currently lost in Donghae’s arms, looking entirely sheepish, but less likely to run away and leave them all there alone, reaching out to over his hair, ignoring the glare he could feel on his forehead.

Kyuhyun’s without a doubt.

“Though we could have done without the horror show” Eunhyuk supplied from the couch where he was already helping himself to a cola and flipping through the games on the console menu.

“Shut up Eunhyuk” Leeteuk scolded, giving Yesung an apologetic look, the younger man grateful for his leader’s intervention, still a little light headed from the embarrassment but feeling better since Heechul had wondered over to the table and was already popping the wine.

“You invited them?” Kyuhyun asked instead, still glaring at almost everyone.

Yesung ruined their party.

Boo.

“It’s not much of a birthday party if it’s just the two of us” Yesung responded as calmly as he could manage, though most of that calm came from Donghae’s childish petting, the younger man insisting to ensure that Kyuhyun didn’t hurt him.

It was weird, but cute.

“That’s the best type of party” Kyuhyun grumbled, not really mad though.

He was annoyed they were interrupted and they were so awkward now, but he didn’t dislike the fact that his hyungdeul were there, just that they were there NOW. He had a lot of business to finish with Yesung, places to etc, and now that was impossible.

And it didn’t help that they were walked in on, since that meant that Yesung would be more hesitant in the future.

It happened like that’s sometimes though, the heavens intent on messing with him.

“At least the kid has some sense” Heechul laughed already gulping at the red wine.

Kyuhyun scowled. Yesung blushed.

“So let’s cut the cake and get the party started” Leeteuk said as he clapped his hand, a little bit of that MCing skill coming into play, which was often an asset when dealing with SJ.

“Come on Hyung” Siwon invited, walking Yesung over to the table, Ryeowook doing the same, as Leeteuk dragged Eunhyuk from the couch.

Somehow or other they all managed to gather around the table, Heechul happy now that his wine glass was refilled. Kyuhyun less so as he observed Siwon’s hand on Yesung’s shoulder.

Sorry, but that was not something he was tolerating at his own birthday party.

“Mine” he growled low in his throat as he took a step over and pushed Siwon’s hand off, uncaring as to what the others would say, replacing it with his own.

“You got yourself an overgrown puppy Yesungie” Heechul teased, grinning at Kyuhyun as the rest all expressed dismay at his childishness.

“Is he really that possessive always?”

“Don’t be like that Kyuhyunnie”

“He’s a brat, that is what he is” Yesung said instead, glaring at Kyuhyun who refused to feel chastised, just giving them all an uncaring look.

He really didn’t care. Yesung was his.

Yesung though, interestingly enough, didn’t move away from his hold, allowing the hand at his shoulder that eventually fell away when Yesung shifted, instead resting his hand on Kyuhyun’s back as he lead him to the front to cut his cake.

“You guys are not allowed to smash his face into the cake” Yesung declared, a little more confident and not so stifled by the embarrassment that he couldn’t look them in the eye.

“You are like his nanny, seriously” Kangin laughed.

“You can’t protect the brat forever Yesungie” Heechul informed, though he figured Yesung would damn well try.

“He just wants to eat the cake” Kyuhyun clarified with a roll of his eyes.

They thought Yesung was protecting him from being caked. The bastard just hated to see good cake go to waste. He wanted to eat it.

Yesung looked sheepish at the words but did not deny them.

“Hyung!” Ryeowook laughed, clearly amused at his hyung’s sweet tooth.

With that issue settled, Super Junior in great spirits sang happy birthday to their maknae, Kyuhyun still annoyed that his groping session was interrupted but very happy to have some of his hyungdeul with him then, a nice happy feeling settling in his chest when Yesung pressed his hand against his back and asked him to make a wish.

‘Let’s always be happy like this’

With a warm heart he blew out his candle and didn’t react when Eunhyuk pointed out that he was ancient now. He didn’t have to, Siwon asking him if he realized that they were all older than Kyuhyun. That had him quiet for a few minutes. Yesung forbade them from smashing Kyuhyun’s face into the cake but nobody said anything about the whipped cream, Yesung himself swiping some on his cheek.

He would have insisted that he kiss it off but they had company and the awkwardness had only just faded, so best not to add to it.

After that there was a brief gift exchange, each handing over a few bags, Kyuhyun not bothering to open up everything then, a little bothersome, just expressing his thanks and then easily whispering to Yesung, asking where his presents were.

Yesung elbowed him in the gut and said nothing.

He would probably get them later and some kisses too!

Thereafter, the party was in full swing, the food arriving just on time as Eunhyuk and Heechul dragged him over to the couch to play a game with them, the projector screen being really alluring, Kyuhyun sort of happy to be honest.

So they played around for a while, Kyuhyun trying all the games and drinking a little bit with Kangin and Heechul and everyone. Yesung said he and Siwon would be the designated drivers today, the two plus Donghae taking a couch in the corner of the room, just chatting as Kyuhyun hung out with the others.

Kyuhyun though didn’t like Siwon feeding his boyfriend cake, but before he could make a fuss, Yesung happily waved at him across the room and encourage him to make use of the game room and how could he say no to that?

He was ashamed to admit that he had a healthy serving of the pizza that Ryeowook had ordered, even though he had dinner earlier and some of the wine as well, and honestly he just had a really good time.

Everything was awesome!

Even if Yesung stayed mostly with Donghae and Siwon, Eunhyuk and Kangin and Heechul managed kept him distracted enough with the games and the room and the wine and maybe a glass or two of the soju. Leeteuk as well seeming to indulge a little, in the end everyone slightly buzzed except the trio that were mainly interested in talking or massaging Yesung’s foot as Siwon was doing by the end of the night, not leaving until nearly four in the morning.

By then they were all stuffed or buzzed and happy. Just really happy.

Yesung had told the manager that he would clean up later, but the man said not to worry about it, that it was part of the service anyway, but they weren’t in the habit of keeping banners etc, so he should take it if he wanted it. Yesung didn’t bother. He just took the left over cake and Heechul had refused to release the soju so it was all good. Yesung thanking the man profusely who smiled shyly at the excessive gratitude.

Yesung just hoped that if they were a hidden security camera, that he just deleted the footage. He would have a word with Heechul about it when he was sober.

Siwon had fetched Yesung’s car for him, not wanting him to walk alone in the cold. By the time he was back, Heechul was definitely tipsy, singing a bad rendition of AOA’s cat and Leeteuk was giggling at everything. Ryeowook and Kangin not much better but useful enough to get Kyuhyun’s gifts to the cars and help get everyone settled, Yesung driving Kyuhyun, Donghae and Ryeowook home.  Siwon doing the same for the others, all fitting now and no longer needing a manager to pick them up.

Kyuhyun was only slightly buzzed but was clingy all the same, cutely clinging to Yesung on the way up the elevator, Yesung holding on to him with a sleepy laugh, helping him out of his shoes and coat and heavier outer clothes, just leaving him in his boxers and t-shirt, then removing his own before he let Kyuhyun drag him to bed.

The others he didn’t worry about trusting Donghae and Siwon to ensure they got to bed, or didn’t drink themselves into a stupor as what he suspected Heechul and that bottle of soju were destined for.

Kyuhyun was even more snuggly when buzzed, his breath thankfully laced more with the sweeter scent of the wine rather than the bitterness of the soju. He also tasted of the wine as well, which was a definite plus, Kyuhyun snuggling into the comforter and sprawling himself over Yesung’s chest, this time wanting to be the one cuddled and held. Yesung was sleepy, but Kyuhyun still seemed to have some energy left, even as Yesung his hair, something that Kyuhyun quite liked most of the time.

“Thanks for today. I really liked it” Kyuhyun said softly, clearly a little sleepy but wanting to get the words out and once more express his gratitude.

He knew Yesung often had doubts about things like that for some unknown reason. It was a lack of confidence or something of that nature, though Kyuhyun would never know where it came from. Kyuhyun practically worshipped the ground Yesung walked on, so there really wasn’t much he wouldn’t adore. He had spent months in a closed door tiny bedroom unable to see the light of day and still adored him.

Hell today he fell flat on his and was still in love with the man.

Thinking of which, he would have to find a way for Yesung to appropriately make up for that little massive faux pas at some time, but for now he just wanted to thank him properly.

“I’m glad” Yesung happily, though with minimal excitement, in sleepy contentment, pressing a messy kiss to Kyuhyun’s hair, not being able to reach much more of him, Kyuhyun making himself comfortable in his lower chest, warm in Yesung’s embrace, the fingers continuously carding through his thick hair, wanting to soak it all up before he left for India, make up for the affection he wouldn’t have from Yesung then.

“It would have been better if you left it a private party though” Kyuhyun commented a little seriously, frowning at the memory of being interrupted, just when he grabbed that rather perky rich .

What a waste.

“I’m lucky they saved me from a like you” Yesung rejected a little teasingly.

He had at no time considered himself to be in danger. Kyuhyun was often a little bold, as was in his nature, prone to pushing boundaries, but he was very respectful of lines that ought not to be crossed. He always trusted Kyuhyun in that regard and couldn’t be upset with the child for having his fun. It couldn’t have been easy to go so long without a proper ual relationship. Yesung himself knows. He understands Kyuhyun in that regard and trusted him entirely.

“Didn’t hear you complaining then” Kyuhyun answers smugly, smirking at the memory even though Yesung couldn’t see him.

He liked it.

Kyuhyun didn’t know who he was trying to fool. Maybe himself, since it certainly wasn’t Kyuhyun, who distinctly remembered the way he kissed back then.

Oh, he definitely liked it.

“Shut up” Yesung groaned, since he really had no other response that would be appropriate in the circumstances, pulling on the strands of Kyuhyun’s hair in punishment, the younger man just snickering.

“I still expect my call at midnight though” Kyuhyun informed, this time forcing himself to twist a little so that he could look at Yesung in the eye.

He adored the small party. Had a blast playing with all the vintage machines and the large projector screen, even if it was for a short time, eat his cake happily and received his presents well, appreciated the date so very much, but that phone call at midnight was special.

It was their thing. Something that they never stopped doing and he wanted it to that way once again. Even if they technically celebrated his birthday already, he wanted that call.

Yesung should call him.

“Have I ever not called you?” Yesung asked instead, supposing that was all the assurance that Kyuhyun would need on that point.

Over the years that was something that was constant. He always called Kyuhyun at midnight on his birthday, no matter what. If he couldn’t get the call to him, he would set a timed text to be sent until he could do it himself. Even if they already celebrated, he always intended to make that very special phone call at that time.

“You could be getting lazy in old age” Kyuhyun shrugged and didn’t even bother to whine when Yesung pitched his side, laughing to himself as Yesung grumbled.

“You ain’t no spring chick anymore either in case you didn’t know” Yesung pointed out just to be mean, poking the words into Kyuhyun’s side, Kyuhyun just shifting with the pokes to make himself comfortable, the alcohol making his lethargic, and really, probably just sleepy and tired.

“That’s alright. We can both just grow old together” Kyuhyun hummed without much thought.

He knew that he ought to be worried about aging, especially in a career where everything was fast paced and people liked the younger prettier ‘babies’ more and more. But in his current position, surrounded in Yesung’s warmth and with his heartbeat steady beneath his ear, he didn’t think he would mind growing old with Yesung.

“You’re too cheesy to be sober” Yesung laughed, but he still felt that tugging in his chest, that sharp desire for Kyuhyun’s words to be fulfilled.

He was a little weary of his age, he and Leeteuk and Heechul both. They knew they had an expiration date in that regard, but when Kyuhyun said things like that, he couldn’t help but welcome the aging process, help but think growing old wouldn’t be such a bad thing if he got to do it with Kyuhyun at his side.

Kyuhyun could certainly be interesting and annoying and probably still a ert.

The thought made him laugh.

“Probably” Kyuhyun agreed sleepily, not caring to dispute that fact, feeling sleepy now.

He didn’t bother to fight the drowsiness anymore, just nestling himself against Yesung, moving until he was comfortable, hand possessive at Yesung’s side, as that was a feature that never changed no matter what, making a lazy sound in his throat that Yesung correctly interpreted to mean he wanted his fingers through his hair once more.

Kyuhyun saved the last bit of his energy to press a chaste kiss to Yesung’s throat before he closed his eyes.

“Love you” mumbled somewhere between his breathes and Yesung’s eyes widened at the words.

Not that they were foreign and never heard before, just that he and Kyuhyun didn’t usually say things like that, finding it a little awkward, but he supposed it was the alcohol doing the talking and that nice warm sense of security that seemed to be surrounding them. Both sort of basking in the glow from a good idea.

He was surprised Kyuhyun hadn’t demanded payment for that accidental push and his birthday presents, which were in fact placed with the others, never sure what to get the brat honestly, this year just going for a nice branded wrist watch with his name craved at the back that cost a tiny fortune, but it was nice and Kyuhyun could wear it for a long time. Kyuhyun didn’t really care for accessories, but he wasn’t opposed to watches and would wear them casually. He also got him a nice new cashmere sweater. Since the brat liked those hideous sweaters, even in summer sometimes, he got him a nice pretty looking one that could add to his handsome features rather than take away from them. He hoped Kyuhyun liked it. He may have also snuck in some sweets in there. Kyuhyun didn’t have a sweet tooth really, but whilst he was with Kyuhyun he could enjoy them right?

He was happy. Even more so since it seemed as if Kyuhyun was happy too.

“Love you too Brat” He responded but he didn’t think Kyuhyun was listening anymore, the younger man’s breath evening out, and a soft snore breaking the air, making Yesung chuckle softly.

He always snored a bit when he drank.

It was sort of cute.

He was content then to just hold Kyuhyun close, hands through thick puppy hair, listening to him breathe as he closed his eyes, letting the sounds of their mingling breathes, thumping hearts and Kyuhyun’s very adorable soft little snuffle snore lull him into a welcoming sleep.

****

Just after eight in the night and Kyuhyun was lounging on the armchair in his room, Suho was perched on the bed on the other side, blabbering a mile a minute about the million things they had seen that day, the hotel tall and pretty and honestly he was sort of surprised at how different India was compared to what they imagined, just sprawled on the couch as Minho and Suho kept the conversation flowing, casually slipping a drink as he listened.

He was pulled from his thoughts however when his phone rang, listlessly answering without a glance at it.

“Happy Birthday Brat!”

He didn’t usually forget did he?

“Guess I am not that old yet huh?” Yesung continued excitedly, Kyuhyun smiling so wide he thought his cheeks would burst, Suho looking at him as if he had lost his mind, and he was pretty sure he did.

“Hyung” he nearly cooed, unable to hide the fondness for the man on the line at that moment, glancing at the clock on the wall, which had it at around eight thirty or so, but he knew it was midnight in Korea and therefore his birthday.

Minho just glanced across at Kyuhyun into his phone with a dumb grin and shook his head.

“Come on Suho yah. Let’s go fine Jonghyunnie hyung” Minho directed to the younger man, who gave him a curious glance, but no protest when Minho held his hand to speed up the process, Suho confused but not likely to disobey Minho.

Kyuhyun didn’t know they left, but Minho didn’t expect him to. At least not when he was on phone with Yesung hyung.

Let’s just say Minho wasn’t as oblivious as Kyuhyun may have hoped, and Changmin wasn’t as discreet as he ought to be either.

 

A/N: Sincere gratitude to 359359 for beta-ing for me. It's never an easy task, especially not with a deadline. So thank you very much.

Happy Birthday BabyKyu. I hope the year ahead brings him endless success ♥♥