Beginning and End

Sunshine and Smiles

Sunshine and Smiles 

Chanyeol x OC 
 
----
Clunk! You blink rapidly, slowly registering the acute pain that was blossoming on the right side of your temple. Black shapes dance across your vision and slowly fade away until you make out that the unidentified object that lies in front of you is a frisbee. Picking it up and examining it, you were searching for its owner when he comes running towards you. Long limbs and an excited smile, he looks like an oversized puppy. He runs up to you, close enough for you to hear the raggedness of his breathing, you realize that he seem familiar. Perhaps you've seen him somewhere? Oh. Right. Wasn't he part of that boy band? What was the name? EX... Ahh.. EXO! 
"I'm so sorry!" He said, his hands fluttering around you with concern. 
It took you a while to register that he was apologizing for hitting you in the head with a frisbee. Really, you couldn't help it, you were (quite literally) star struck. 
"Umm, it's no big deal. They say I've got a hard head anyways", only after saying it did you realize how awkward that sounded. You cringe. The sense of embarrassment seeping into your veins and displaying itself on your cheeks. 
"Well bye", you nodded curtly and turn away, attempting to run from the stifling discomfort. On second thought, maybe an autograph would have been nice. 
"Wait!" He yelled, his voice rooting you in place. 
Placing himself in front of you, he leans down slightly before introducing himself, "I'm Chanyeol" 
He offers you a contagious smile and looks at you expectantly, waiting for you to introduce yourself. 
Maybe it was because you really wanted that autograph, but you tentatively reciprocate his smile and whisper your name in return. 
 
---------
 
So that's how you find yourself here, laying down next to that giant oversized puppy, several months later, making the park a regular meeting place between the two of you. Warm sunlight filters through soft fluffy clouds and the feel of the breeze ruffling the stray hairs on your face, you lay on a checkered blanket, having a picnic with the boys. They were off playing soccer somewhere down the hills and you could still hear their faint shouts even from further away. Chanyeol lays beside you on the blanket, fully stretched out, making part of his legs stick out and rest on the grass due to his ridiculously talk stature. His guitar case laying next to him, a peaceful afternoon. 
Chanyeol suddenly shoots up from his sprawled out position which makes you open your eyes to stare at him in question. 
"Hmm? What is it yeol?", you question. He seems determined, his eyes set on his guitar case and he begins to unlatch the locks, pulling out his beloved instrument. 
"________ ", he stated, looking at you in the eyes. 
"Yes?", you reply, confused at his sudden seriousness. Chanyeol is never serious, he is as radiant as the sun and fickle as the moon, and he will always surprise you at the most random times, but he is never completely serious.
"I-I need to show you something", he stutters out, and you raise your eyebrows with intrigue.
Park Chanyeol doesn't get nervous. Park Chanyeol is that kid that will walk up to you and say "I'm y and I know it" and walk away with that dumb smile of his. 
So, filled with curiosity, you hoist yourself up and position yourself across from him signaling for him to proceed.
Taking a deep breath he begins, his fingers expertly plucking the melody from the guitar. Then he starts to sing. Ahh, really even if Chanyeol is not the vocalist in exo you really wished he was. His voice is smooth and deep and lovely and all the nice things in the world combined, if D.O.'s voice is chocolate, then Chanyeol's would be coffee, comforting and familiar, with a shot of energy. 
"I'll hold the door, please come in and just sit here for a while, this is my, way of telling you I need you in my life~", he sings, looking into your eyes, causing your cheeks to bloom with rosy hues and your nerve endings tingle. 
Thinking 'bout you lately.
Maybe you can save me,
From this crazy world we live in.
And I know we could happen,
Cause you know that I've been feeling you." 
You squeal slightly, causing him to chuckle and beam, that sinfully sweet smile of his. 
"I know you want me too", he winks and your hands come up to cover your mouth, a flushed, flustered, and giddy mess due to this man/child/ puppy Park Chanyeol. 
"Wahhhhhhhh~" he half screamed half exclaimed when he finished the song. You expect him to start clapping for himself but he continues to yell softly and falls down on the blanket hiding his face, the tip of his ears are tinted a bit pink and you giggled at his adorable reaction. 
"Yah~ Pabo, get up you need to hear my answer", you laugh and shakes him lightly. 
He groans, "NoOo", as he buries his face deeper into the blanket. 
"You can't just sing me a cheesy song like that and then get super embarrassed afterwards. If you had the courage to do it then at least have the courage to hear my answer" you giggle. 
He remains static and you sigh. Bending down right next to his ear you whisper, "You know I think you're the most childish person I've ever met." 
He groans. 
"But," you continued, " that's what I love most about you" 
He perks up, but still stays face down on the blanket.    
"You're so crazy eccentric, but then I always feel like I'm on an adventure with you. I love your smile, your laugh, you always cheer me up. You know I think I fell for you the moment I first met you and you hit me with a frisbee because you were quite 'striking'", you chuckle at your own joke, sighing, you continued, " Really now, Park Chanyeol, I am literally confessing my love for you do I need to spell it out for you?"
You scoff when he doesn't react. 
Pushing yourself away you dusted yourself off and stood up, until his strong grip stops you from walking away. You turn around to be met with his clear brown eyes and he grins mischievously and tugs sharply. Falling down you closed your eyes you lands on something soft and hears a muffled "UMPH" underneath you, finding yourself, quite literally on top of Chanyeol and his eyes sparkling with delight. 
"Yes" he says, his lips so close to yours that you could feel his minty breath against your lips. 
"Yes what?" You question, your heart galloping in your chest and you're pretty sure he could hear it too. 
"Yes, I need you to spell it out for me. Tell it to me straight ______ Ah", he says, his face full of satisfaction. That stupid greasy smirk plastered on his face.
"Yah-" you begin to protest, until he shoves his face a bit closer to yours, making you hold your breath. 
"Hmm?", he murmurs, his eyes occasionally flicking to your lips in question. 
"I-I umm" you choke on your words, unable to form a coherent thought with him so close to you. His scent is absolutely electrifying, fresh and crisp like spring and his fingers which gently draws you closer were not helping manners either. Does he not realize that he's too attractive for his own good?
"I'm waiting _______ Ah~" he sang softly, his eyes enchanting you. 
Letting go of your stubbornness you softly whisper, 
"I love you, Park Chanyeol"
His smile was dazzling and he finally pulled you close as your lips met and it was all you could ever ask for. His lips are pliant underneath yours and he rolls over so that you would be pinned underneath him. Softly into the kiss, Chanyeol makes you melt even further into the blanket, lost in him, his scent, his taste. When he finally separates from the kiss he looks down at you with all the love in the world and you feel like somehow, the was another start to your relationship.
"AHEM!, you heard someone cough roughly to the side and find the rest of the boys staring with either unctuous satisfaction or unconcealed embarrassment. You turn a violent shade of red as Chanyeol quickly scrambles up and the boys run away, taunting him with their phones and him shouting after them to delete everything. He is Park Chanyeol after all, your happiness and delight.