...

Nice Guy
 

After the concert, Sehun took Tiffany to a walk along the Han River bank. They had a light chat together while waiting for the fireworks show to start. A lot of people, couples to be exact, were there too. They were all sitting, cuddled up to each other. 

 

“Sehun, thank you so much for making it a great day for my last day in Seoul,” Tiffany told him with a big smile.

 

“My pleasure.”

 

Her smile made his heart race, but it ached just as quick as he realized her statement.

 

Her last day in Seoul.

 

She will be flying to America the next day, exactly at noon, and nobody knows when she will be back here again since she basically had no one here. Not a boyfriend, not a trustworthy friend.

 

Sehun let out a small sigh.

 

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany frowned.

 

“What- why? Why do you ask?” Sehun fumbled with his words as he woke up from his reverie.

 

Tiffany chuckled a little. “You sighed just now. Is something bothering your mind?”

 

“I sighed? I did?” Sehun mentally kicked himself for the hundredth time that day whenever he was with her.

 

Tiffany laughed.

 

“Nah, just…” Sehun shrugged, “it would be great if you could stay.” He truthfully answered.

 

Tiffany lowered her gaze and watched her feet as they continued to walk in leisurely pace.

 

“I don’t know. Is it?”

 

“Well, I like your bakery. I’d like to go there more often.”

 

“Don’t lie. You don’t like sweet things.”

 

Sehun just laughed it off. And then he suddenly stumbled forward. A man who bumped into him from behind just now dashed forward without looking back.

 

“Help! Thief!” A woman’s voice shouted from a distance. Sehun immediately ran after the guy without thinking twice. He managed to catch up to the thief who was already up to his limit and pinned down the guy. Tiffany arrived to Sehun’s side a short moment later. Sehun grabbed the handbag that the thief had stolen and handed it to Tiffany. As he did that, his guard slightly went down so the thief slipped away from his hand and pushed him away. As the thief made his escape, Sehun fell into the river. The big splash also wet Tiffany who was standing by the river.

 

 

 

Sehun fumbled with the keys to his house as his trembling fingers made an attempt to unlock his apartment door.

 

“Let me help you with it,” Tiffany said softly.

 

Sehun smiled an awkward smile. “It’s okay, I got it.” The door was open. Sehun quickly stepped inside to turn on the lights and the heater before he motioned Tiffany to step in with his hand. Since they were both literally wet, Sehun mostly, they decided to ditch the idea of watching the fireworks display. Sehun invited Tiffany to his house which was only a couple of blocks away to offer her a change of clothes.

 

“Sorry to make your clothes wet.” Sehun mumbled. Did he really has to fall into a river and make her wet as well? Way to end a date, Sehun.

 

“Don’t mention it. I’m more worried about you.”

 

“I’ll get you a change of clothes and make you warm drink.”

 

“Make sure you change first. I can wait at the living room. It’s warm here.”

 

“‘Kay. I’ll be back in a sec.”

 

 

 

She knew it. He would take care of her first before himself. He insisted she took a warm bath and change her clothes as he prepared her a warm drink. Only then he took his turn to get changed. She kind of saw it coming, as if she had known him for a long time. His character was quite rare in this generation, so he left her a deep impression from their first meeting.

 

Tiffany was sipping on her hot chocolate which Sehun had prepared for her, listening to the hot shower running. Her eyes scanned the slightly disordered apartment. She chuckled and then saw the balcony. She took her cup with her and opened the door to the balcony.

 

“Isn’t it cold outside?” Sehun asked. He had just came out of the room with a fresh t-shirt and training pant. He was still drying his hair with a towel.

 

Tiffany shook her head. “I think we can still watch the firework from here.”

 

“Ah, yeah. Now that you mentioned it, I saw the new year fireworks from here last time,” Sehun said as he walked out to the small balcony which could only fit three people at most.

 

“Can I wait here until the fireworks show?”

 

Sehun shrugged. “Be my guest.”

 

His answer made her smile, and that made his heart race again.

 

“Feeling better now?” Tiffany asked him, reverting to the previous topic.

 

“Yeah. No problem. I’m kind of used to it already. You know.”

 

“Used to it?

 

Sehun nodded. “It.”

 

Tiffany and Sehun both laughed together. Well, this was not so bad, Sehun thought.

 

“Yeah, now that you said it. Sehun, you’re really kind, you know,” Tiffany said suddenly.

 

“Nah…”

 

“But aren’t you always jinxed whenever you help others?”

 

Sehun shrugged. “It’s been that way since I was young. It’s not a reason to stop being kind to people though.”

 

Tiffany’s gaze on him softened.

 

“I think I know why you’re always jinxed,” she said softly. “The world is not too kind to someone who is too kind.  And Sehun, you’re too kind.”

 

“Me?” His eyes widened in disbelief. Tiffany nodded.

 

“Me?” He repeated his question, which made Tiffany laughed this time. He didn’t mean to, but he sure didn’t regret making her laugh. It’s like looking at the bright sun in a good day in spring. He couldn’t look away.

 

“…Make some light chats, make her laugh. When she does,-”

“CUT IT OUT!” Sehun slammed the door on Kai’s grinning face.

“-kiss her!” Kai shouted from behind the door.

 

Kai’s dating know-how suddenly rang in his mind as he watched her lips curved to a beautiful smile, showing her straight white teeth.

 

Sehun quickly shook the thoughts off his head and looked at the dark sky instead. He pretended to glance at the wall clock inside and busied himself with other thoughts.

 

“Uh, anyway. When is the firework starting anyway? Is it after twelve or before twelve? It’s only a few minutes before twelve,” Sehun blabbered.

 

“I don’t know. I don’t mind spending more time talking to you.” Tiffany gave him a lighthearted, cheeky smile. Sehun blushed at her comment, but she continued before he managed to respond. “Speaking of fireworks. Why are you watching new year fireworks from the balcony? Why not with some girl, in a romantic, secluded area, or something?” Tiffany giggled.

 

“Well, I just happen to have a lot of assignments due after the New Year break.” Sehun sighed.

 

“Do you have a girlfriend, Sehun?”

 

Sehun cleared his throat. He always feel a little weird whenever he talked about girls, because he had never been good in the dating game. “Not right now. If I do have one, I don’t think I would be here with you right now,” he chuckled. “I guess I just don’t understand girls well. They were always upset at me and expect more than I thought was enough.”

 

Tiffany gave him a gentle smile. “Weirdly, I have never felt that way towards you.”

 

“You’re an exception, I guess.” Sehun chuckled. “I have never felt like I don’t understand you either.” He grinned, showing his teeth.

 

And then the fireworks went off. Even though Sehun’s eyes widened, none of them were watching because Tiffany had leaned in and claimed his lips with hers before that.

 

The fireworks show was still on-going, but their gazes were locked into each other’s eyes after they parted from the brief kiss.

 

Sehun was frozen. He subtly cleared his throat, and then hesitantly, muttered, “...Merry Christmas.”

 

Tiffany’s smile widened and then she kissed him again. A deeper, more demanding kiss to pour all their hearts’ content to each other. As Sehun kissed her back, Tiffany stepped closer towards him, and Sehun wrapped his arms around her small back. It felt like something warm had burst in their chest. 

 

 

 

Sehun woke up in the middle of the day. The sun was high in the sky, and the digital clock next to his bed showed 11.20 p.m.

 

For a split second, he thought last night was a dream, but the rose on the pillow next to him and the toast ready on the table reminded him that Tiffany was really there with him last night. Sehun frantically looked around for her but stopped as he remembered something.

 

Tiffany’s flight.

 

“!” Sehun’s fumbled with his clothes, clumsily putting it on in panic mode and rushed out of his house.

 

 

 

1.50 p.m.

 

Yesterday, Tiffany did told him that her flight would be at noon. Right now, he was already at Incheon International Airport, running out of breath but still running. Outside the departure hall, his eyes wildly scanning for a flight to Los Angeles. There was only one flight at noon, and he had missed it. But still, he didn’t want to give up just yet.

 

Sehun checked his pocket for his phone, but he forgot it at home.

 

Sehun closed his eyes and cursed himself under his breath.

 

He missed it.

 

He missed that chance to tell her, or at least try to, ‘Don’t go.’

 

He didn’t even said goodbye.

 

“AAAAGH!” He screamed in the middle of the hall, drawing attention from the public.

 

 

 

Sehun went back to his apartment and plopped himself dead on the bed. I’m an idiot, I’m an idiot. His mind kept chanting.

 

Shut up, mind.

 

No, I will not because you are an idiot Oh Sehun. You’re a total idiot. Coward. Chicken. Stuuupid.

 

“GAHHHH!” He flailed his arms and legs furiously. Sehun turned to a sitting position when his mobile phone on the sidetable rang. He reached it and rolled his eyes to see that the caller was Kai.

 

“What?” Sehun asked.

 

“Today is Tiffany’s flight right?” Kai asked back.

 

“Yeah. Why?” Sehun’s voice sounded lifeless.

 

“So did she go back already?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Did you see her before her departure? Say anything to her?”

 

“I didn’t get to. I woke up at eleven ing twenty.”

 

“You WHAT? OH SEHUN YOU ARE AN IDIOT!”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes and ended the call. He already knew it and he didn’t want to hear it from Kai. He fell back on the bouncy bed with his phone on his hand. It was barely three seconds after he ended the call but the phone rang again.

 

“Ugh!” He quickly answered the phone, “ off, dude!”

 

“Sehun? It’s me.” The voice sounded startled.

 

Sehun’s eyes widened. He frantically sat up again and carefully read the name of the caller.

 

Tiffany.

 

“T-Tiffany?!”

 

“Yeah. I called you so many times previously but you didn’t answer. Where are you right now?”

 

Sehun smacked his head. He forgot his phone when he was rushing to the airport just now and he totally forgot about it when he was home.

 

“Wait, where are you right now?” Sehun returned her question.

 

“I’m in front of your door. Are you home yet?”

 

Sehun rushed to the door and flung it open. Tiffany flinched at the suddenness, her hand flew to her chest, her eyes wide.

 

Sehun’s heart was beating so fast, it almost felt like he was brought back to life just at the sight of her angel face.

 

“Sehun-”

 

“What happened to your flight?” He asked. The words he uttered were fast, rushed, desperate.

 

With a smile, “I ditched it.”

 

“You wha-”

 

“I decided to stay.” She looked straight into his eyes, her eyes sparkly with hope.

 

Sehun was at a loss for words.

 

“I want to stay, because I believe I found the reason to.” She took a deep breath, and with flushed pink cheeks, she asked, “Oh Sehun. Will you be my bo-”

 

Sehun grabbed her by the waist and brought her body against his, his lips against hers. Tiffany laughed in their kiss, but Sehun refused to let go and continued to taste her cherry lips like there was no tomorrow. He finally parted from her lips the moment he ran out of his breath.

 

“Tiffany,” his voice low and husky from the lack of air, “will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Tiffany casted a gentle gaze and smiled at him, and then wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

“Uh-hm.” She granted him another kiss. 

 

 


 

THE END! Thank you for reading everyone! Lots of love from me!

 


 

If you wish to read more exofany by me, check out below :D

Ghost In the Shadow - luhan x tiffany

Just Luhan - luhan x Tiffany

Just Call Me Baby - luhan x tiffany