White flames

Flames

Flames

 

 

Kim Heechul resembled flames.

 

The first time this strange thought crossed Younghun’s mind, the realization of its implications was too much to bear.

 

It was summer and tradition tought that, among the others, summer is the season that best represents the element fire.

Younghun had never realized how much that teaching was true until he had the chance to observe Kim Heechul’s body sparkling in a dark summer night.

 

It was not a real sparkle. But his eyes processed everything as that creature’s body was made of tiny, little flames that threatened to burn him if he dared to touch.

 

Heechul was lying on the sand, surprisingly warm.

 

Stars stayed silent, watching that story unfold on the seashore, just like many other stories on earth.

 

Younghun sat on his side, forcing himself not to stare at Heechul the whole time. He just stole glances, admiring the lines of the other’s body, probably nothing special for the rest of the world, but the greatest masterpiece in the whole earth to his eyes.

 

He wondered why he felt that Heechul was pure flames, since his skin was so pale, almost white when enlightened by the moonlight.

He had observed that one night, while Heechul was sleeping and he had passed almost the whole night wondering how his skin could be so white.

Indeed, while he loved the sun, Heechul seemed to have developed some kind of fear towards it, something he still failed to explain.

 

-What are you thinking of ?-

 

Never get distracted while you’re with Kim Heechul.

 

He never learnt that lesson – how could he, since Kim Heechul was the biggest source of distraction- and now the other’s lips were resting on his. The undefined scent, something between spring sweetness and feline harshness, intoxicated him to the point that each thought blurred to one single fuzz that seemed to whisper “Heechul Heechul Heechul”

 

Younghun found the strength to laugh, somehow.

 

- Nothing.-

 

-Liar.-

 

Loving Kim Heechul was highly dysfunctional since he couldn’t be fooled. Relationships are usually made by 10% of love and 90% of reciprocal foolishness, so this sort of became a problem.

 

Younghun smiled again, nervously, as his hands made their way to Heechul’s waist, who had climbed on him meanwhile, crossing his arms around his neck.

 

-I was thinking that you resemble flames to me.-

 

Heechul blinked twice, somehow mesmerized by his words.

 

-I’ve been compared to cats, tigers, thunder…but never to flames.-

 

Younghun smiled, searching for his lips, stealing another bittersweet kiss.

 

Heechul responded to the kiss, moving his hands through the other’s body, caressing his chest with delicate touches that still burnt in the most pleasant way ever.

Younghun’s hand made its way through the hair he could spend entire days admiring, caressing, intoxicated by its scent, by its elegant and rough sweetness.

Just like everything in Heechul’s strange self.

 

- Because you always change. You’re not immotile, you always move between one shape and the other.-

 

For one moment his thought wandered to how Heechul used to curve on his body during , seeking pleasure to the rhythm of their hearts, connected in some erratic dance, always the same, still each time different.

 

- You’re trying to be poetic, but your friend down here suggests me something else…-

 

Younghun blushed violently and the other’s pleased grin didn’t help at all.

 

-It’s not my fault if you’re so attractive.-

 

Heechul little laugh seemed so loud to his ears, and this loudness confounded him even more while the other was pulling him down, forcing him to lie on the bare sand, kissing his lips, then moving to his neck, while he bit it.

Younghun’s whole body was shaking, and Heechul was extremely pleased in that.

 

Heat was rising in that little piece of world that seemed to contain them, overwhelming, accentuated by their heartbeats, telling stories through their burning touches.

 

Flames give their heat as a gift

 

-I want you to be with me forever, Kim Heechul-

 

Younghun dared to say that, and regretted it after no more than one second. Too much for a free soul, too much for everyone to bear. It’s that kind of things people say without meaning it for real, because how in the world could you want someone you’ve met 2 months before to be forever by your side. But Younghun meant it, and he knew Heechul could read his sincerity.

 

Heechul’s eyes drowned in Younghun’s irises, or maybe the opposite, who would’ve known when everything was confused by surprise and childish curiosity.

 

Because that’s what they were, two children finding comfort in each other’s arms, overwhelmed by feelings that they couldn’t understand.

Because no one could fool Heechul, but love. Love fooled Heechul everyday, though it was hard to admit.

 

- Prometheus got punished by Gods for stealing the secret of fire.-

 

Younghun laughed, and took Heechul aback by inverting their positions and pushing Heechul’s body underneath his own, holding his hands gently, while sand grains covered their skin and hair.

 

- I’m not meaning to steal it. I’m just asking the fire to keep heating me.-

 

Heechul looked at him, and this time a grin was on Younghun’s face. The latter loved when it was his lover to be confounded and taken aback. It happens rarely, but it does.

 

Flames hurt, flames kill.

 

- I could hurt you just like any other.-

 

Younghun admired the light in his eyes for seconds that seemed to last centuries, before leaning down, capturing his lips in a kiss, caressing his face as it was the most delicate and precious thing in the world.

 

-I want to think you won’t. –

 

White flames are the hottest and deadliest of them all

 

He loses himself in that soft, white skin again, kissing his body and marking it with gentle bites that send shivers down Heechul’s spine.

The latter curls, sinking his hair into sand, closing his eyes in some sort of ecstasy that mesmerized, yet amazed him.

 

- I don’t want to.  Right now, the only thing I want is you.-

 

-They could see us.-

 

-Who cares?-

 

-Not me.-

 

Younghun laughed as he felt the skin of Heechul’ s inner thigh under his fingers, hot and luxurious.

He felt again that sensation of not knowing perfectly who was lying in front of his own eyes.

The official version told him that he was Kim Heechul, a celebrity. But he felt something more, as if Kim Heechul was just the tip of an iceberg whose wonders and threats extended for miles beneath of what it was visible.

As if every rule he had given to himself was futile, who cared if he was male or female, it could feel different each time they made love to each other.

Who cared about social rules, they loved to break each one of them, together, because expecting Heechul to force himself inside society’s restrictions was just like expecting fire to live under glass.

 

It can’t. It dies.

 

And while Younghun was thinking all this, Heechul’s hand travelled in between their bodies, claiming lust as the perfect conclusion of that evening.

Or maybe it was just the beginning.

 

Every doubt disappeared from Younghun’s mind in one love whisper, followed by another, and another again.

 

Kim Heechul was like flames

admire them

be enlightened

but don’t ever think about stealing their light

or understanding their secrets

 

 

The end.