No Longer A Beautiful Dream

Memory (Remade version)

I have decided to remake this luhan fanfic since 1: I'm bored haha and 2: I don't really like how the story flows, but I can't guarantee that this one is better. Anyways I just want to improve this writing xD

 

---

I was thirteen when I first met him, Luhan.

It was all pitch black around me. I had no idea where I was. Just then, a boy walked towards me at a snail pace. He had blood-shot eyes and the bottom half of his jaw was missing. He was bleeding profusely and his right foot was twisted at a angle. He was lost, helpless and his eyes seem to plead with me bring me along too. My mind went blank. Horror movie?! I wondered what had happened to him. This peculiar boy in front of me didn't moan or groan in pain, as if he had already found peace. My eyes didn't leave him as I made up my mind.

Nevertheless pity got a grip on me and I nodded my head shyly, signalling an agreement. From that day onwards, he followed me anywhere and everywhere, unwilling to leave my side to keep accompany me. Luhan was a nuisance, but soon became my source of comfort. People always asked me why I was talking to myself. Apparently, nobody else can see him except me, so I thought that that made me special in some way.

Time slipped pass me quickly and within months, Luhan miraculously recovered from his injuries without any medical help or need. It was one of the happiest days of my life because I can finally see his face clearly.

That brunette had hazel brown orbs which I felt was charming and mesmerising. He was lean and had a good build although he was a midget. Now, the only problem was me starting to be shunned away by my friends for they thought I was crazy; they would wave their hands in front of me because I was seen chatting to myself, though in actual fact I was talking to Luhan. Frustrating but I can't bear to see Luhan's lonely face watching me by the sidelines!

Soon, the cohort got the news and would always joke about how I see or speak to someone who doesn't even exist. They call me crazy and stupid. Grow up . Invisible people are for kids hahaha.

Sighs... Well at least Luhan was there to cheer me up when it happens. The first time he ever spoke, he told me he felt guilty for causing so much trouble and interferring with my life. I didn't mind since it was my last year in middle school. My efforts in making him conversate with me had paid off!

Luhan showed me a side I never knew. He was talkative and chatty, we basically talked about everything and anything under the sun. Crushes, guys, girls, school, work, periods. Nothing was embarassing and we helped each other out sometimes. Our relationship very soon went from strangers to best friends.

After middle school graduation, I was sort of expecting my situation to change a bit because my family moved and I had to attend a whole new school in a different community. Yet during my freshman year, I was unable to make much friends due to my friendship with Luhan. I'm pretty sure they all had the same thoughts perceived about me. It hasn't changed since back then. Cray cray little kid.

It was soon I become independent I thought. At first, it was hard not to notice Luhan in the background, keeping a watchful eye on me as I go about trying my best to socialize. In the end, my efforts turned out fruitless; I tend to look out for Luhan more often than not, worrying if he was fine or lonely without me. I couldn't take it though. My had unconsciously thought of Luhan all the time.

So one day, I vented my frustrations at Luhan and begged him for some advice, which sounded ridiculous even to me. Like how the hell does he know how I feel when he doesn't even experience it at all?

" Advice? Don't you even know why this is happening to you? " Luhan flared up in annoyance. His cheeks were red and he frowned at me.

I was caught by surprise. Huh?

" Woah woah chill Luhan, I was just asking you for advice because-"

The last thing I ever expected was Luhan to irritated at me. Without waiting for me to finish my sentence, he stomped out and slammed my bedroom door shut. I had never felt so lost without his presence. What happened again?

Without my realization, a tear had wet my cheeks as I stood right there, wishing he would just tell me what I wished to know.

Luhan was nowhere to be found. It was as if he's existence was erased from my life.

Ironically, my reputation immediately improved and my classmates somehow accepted me as their friend. Like those jokes and rumours about me never happened. They stopped mocking me. The people were mainly friendly and socialble so I was invited to a whole lot of fun. A whole new world without Luhan.

Honestly speaking, I do miss Luhan everyday. Especially on days where everyone does their favourite stuffs with their best friend.

Even though I recently have a new best friend in high school, doing the activities with them was not a fun as doing them with him.

I doubt anyone would understand my relationship with Luhan.

None of them can replace cheeky Luhan in my heart. He had been subconsciously on my mind. At times, I missed his company and smile sadly when recalling his funny reactions at the stupidest things people had done.

A tear trickled down my cheek and I cried myself to sleep like every other chilly night, because my heart felt like it was torn into a million pieces. Finally, I understood his actions from back then.

Why did you erase yourself for me? I was contented with you that's all!

It one lazy evening during a stroll at the nearby park alone that someone was stalking me from behind.

The sky was dimming as the sun set into the orangy-pink. Thw canopy of tall leafy trees only mafe mh circumstances worse. Pajickig, I quickened my pace.

Footsteps got louder by the second.

Checking my surroundings ever so frequently, my heart pounded against my chest.

No one was following me, I'm sure of it.

As I stopped to catch my breath ,the environment suddenly felt so empty. Trees swayed to the gentle breeze. No birds flew, it was so silent I could hear a pin drop.

Still wary of my surroundings, I sighed and decided to head home at that moment. Just then, someone gave me a back hug.

The strong embrace of the stalker felt familiar. That scent... That uncanny familiarity with Luhan...

"I'm sorry for leaving at the last minute without discussing with you."

That voice... belongs to Luhan...

Luhan buried his face in the ape of my neck and plant a gentle kiss.

Hugging me tightly, tears welled up in my eyes as I released myself from the warmth of his embrace.

" Lu...Han..."

I raised my hands to my face to rub the damn tears away. At the same time, Luhan gently grabbed both my hands and whispered in my ear.

" I'm sorry."

Luhan smiled apologetically at me.

Why? Why now, when my life is getting on the right path? My mind was in a whirl. My thoughts were in a mess. It hurts me just to see him again.

He leaned in and placed a longing kiss on my lips.

" Forgive me?" Luhan's gazed into my eyes.

I sniffed. My head was starting to spin and I felt groggy, just about to faint.

Then my world turned into darkness.

**

Where am I...? Smells of some weird medicine...

I struggled to open my heavy eyelids and awaken from what I felt was a long slumber, only to find a doctor and a few nurses standing beside me.

Hearing murmurs and soft sobbing coming from the back of the room, I strained my weak voice to question," What's... going on...? Where's ... Luhan?" I gave my best shot at speaking after I don't know how many days of unconsciousness.

The whole room instantly became quiet. My father then took a deep breath after much hesitation, breaking the awful silence.

"You both... were in an accident... And Luhan suffered serious injuries from protecting you-"

The cat was let out of the bag. I plunge into a scene of a recent flashback.

We were in the midst of an argument. Things hadn't been working out for us since we made ourselves known as a couple back then.

"I wouldn't give a damn if they mocked me for me because I'm not popular. Let them do all they want for all I care! You knew this was gonna happen sooner or later didn't you. Me learning the ways of rich kids."

Luhan was mortified. His brows knitted together and all I felt was a stinging pain on my left cheek. He slapped me.

I was holding back the tears that threatened to leak out of my eyes. I knew that if I ever cried in front of Luhan, he probably thinks I'm weak. That's what most people think about me anyways.

" Can you not?! I'm being serious here okay. Me, now, becoming stronger and 'cold', isn't for the best? If I hadn't hardened up, I'll probably kill myself. Plus you being overly attached ain't helping my situation at all." I rolled my eyes in frustration. This wasn't the first time we were quarreling over my new found attitude towards others.

Luhan ruffled his hair, pissed off at me. Obviously.

"You know what? I have no idea why you are such a these days. I love you for who you are and that's all it matters okay? I don't I understand you anymore! You have become a monster I never ever want to see in my life, especially when you're my girlfriend. Never mind. You wouldn't get it anyway."

Luhan slammed the table and stomped out of the tea house, his violent reaction attractig the I unwanted attention of other customers. With that being said by Luhan, I guess that's the end of us. Anger built up in me and my heart ached. All of times, why now?!

Instead of being the usual crybaby I used to be, I made up my mind to dash across the busy road and go to my frequent hiding spot, not paying any attention to oncoming vehicles.

Damn you Luhan! You're confusing me! It wasn't raining but somehow, my face was getting wet.

Suddenly, I heard him.

"Watch out!"

It was chaotic. I paused in my tracks in the middle of the wide road at the sound of Luhan's voice, only to realise that he was gone.

Where did he go?

Why is everyone rushing pass me? It's so peaceful, my heart can't stop beating anxiously.

A loud screech and a bang was all that's left in my memory.

What replaced him was a cement truck. My legs were trembling. Crimson blood was probably all that's left of him. I fall to the ground, new tears formig once again.

I blackout from a slight hit on my head.

Hurting...

Reality starts to set in. So all of that was just a fluffy dream?

"Where's Luhan?!" I demanded, my voice wavering despite me trying to sound calm and collected.

He was not willing to tell me, least I become hysterical.

Instead, he handed me a note.

If you received this note, all I want you to know is that I'm sorry for being mad at you. Sigh. The doctors told me I most likely can't survive tonight. I love you for who you are. Please don't make us regret our relationship. Everyone gets jealous sometimes right? If I ever survive this, will you forgive me and be my girlfriend again?

XOXO,
Luhan

What I am reading right now, is crap. Luhan will not die. He will not.

My doctor offered to show me to Luhan's room. Sitting in my wheelchair for I was told that I had unstable emotions within me, the doctor brought me there. Lying right there in front of me was not Luhan. He's probably somewhere else playing soccer or buying milk tea for me.

But Luhan lay cold, motionless and lifeless on the hospital bed as I caressed his smooth skin.

Wake up! Why won't you just see me?! I'm here so I'll forgive you okay wake up right now you blasted jerk!

I remained emotionless throughout the last breaths he took.

The irritating high pitched sound was like a swansong.

Dear Luhan, this is not the way it should be...

His voice resonated in my blank mind.

If I ever survive this, will you forgive me and be my girlfriend again?

If walls had ears, I'll scream my lungs out just to say I forgive you a thousand times as long as you want. I love you.

**

P.S. I'll be there for you somewhere over your head when I'm gone, in your memories, in your heart.

**

Somehow, I found out later on, coincidentally, that Luhan had been remade for me.

He had blood-shot eyes and the bottom half of his jaw was missing. He was bleeding profusely and his right foot was twisted at an odd angle.

What was left of him was a nightmare of a dream I wished I never had.

 

---

And so I'm done! Yeah please pardon the typos and grammatical errors if there are any because I could have missed out while checking for errors ^^" Hopefully no plot holes?? Haha come come comment my friends xD

 

The original story can be found here! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/540808/memory-angst-supernatural-exo-luhan

It can also be found on wattpad under https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/17197744-memory @macaroonies_