morning

Journey

“it’s snowing.”

wonshik says, looking out of the window in a dazed manner, palm pressing against the cold windows. the condensation of his breath on the window forms quickly, blocking his view soon and he smiles, wiping it away before turning around to stare at the small lump in their bed.

“it’s time to wake up, hyung.” he calls, shuffling over to the small hotel bed (originally his but it’s not like hakyeon will pass on a chance to share a bed with him) and plops down next to him. hakyeon barely even stirs, though wonshik is sure he’s almost awake. he chuckles at the sight of hakyeon’s slightly puffy eyes and messy hair, leaning down to peck his cheeks.

“merry christmas.” he whispers in his ears.

“it’s christmas already?” hakyeon’s eyes opens and he pushes himself upright immediately, shock adorning his features. wonshik bursts out laughing at that, much to the dismay of hakyeon, who realized that he was tricked.

“yah,” he kicks at wonshik. “i was shocked!”

wonshik only grins, not feeling any pain at all from his attacks due to the thick comforter. he leans in to steal a kiss, surprising hakyeon yet again.

“what’s with you this morning?” hakyeon questions, but he’s smiling, eagerly settling into wonshik’s warm embrace and snuggles into the crook of his neck and shoulder. “and why are you up so early.”

“i couldn’t sleep, and it started snowing.” answers wonshik, still grinning. he doesn’t know why he’s feeling so happy this morning (he isn’t a morning person after all), but he knows that hakyeon’s getting affected by his positivity, so there’s nothing to complain about here.

“you couldn’t sleep? strange, i slept unusually well last night.” hakyeon pulls back a little so that they’re looking at each other. “must be because you didn’t snore last night.” he says, a playful glint in his eyes as he buries his face in wonshik’s chest again.

wonshik splutters dramatically, he’s not going to have any of this. “you mean, because i was holding you and didn’t snore.”

“nope.” hakyeon carries on, laughing silently as he waits for wonshik’s next move, which ends up being a tickle attack. it only ends when the door to their room is knocked, the manager telling them to head down for breakfast before they have to leave for their schedule. it’s just the two of you left! he doesn’t forget to add.

they calm down quickly afterwards;  hakyeon’s face still red from the strenuous activity earlier on, panting slightly. wonshik kisses him gently, and pulls him up to lead them into the bathroom to wash up.

“oh, kim wonshik you’re actually washing up in the morning.” hakyeon teases again as they’re brushing their teeth, and wonshik knees him gently from behind.