I'm Sorry ...

Sequel to -The Price You Have To Pay-

Chanhee’s POV

My son. I have a son. I have a son!! That’s what I told to myself after I met Shinyeong and the boy this morning. The boy has my blood in him. He carries Lee’s name. He is the successor of our family’s company. I’m so happy that finally I become a father, no, I am a father. But, the sad thing is Shinyeong would never give me the boy.

Shinyeong. That innocent-poor girl I slept with. To be honest, I felt terrible after I left her that day. The memories of that ‘tragedy’ come back to my mind.

 

FLASHBACK

“What have I done?! Why I slept with her?! Did I really think that she was Chaeyoung?!” – I kept murmuring while riding the taxi back home after leaving her in that motel. “I kissed her!! Oh my God!! Yes, I kissed her and dragged her to that motel! But…”

“Young man, here we are. It’s the address” – The driver told me, cut my murmur.

“Oh, thank you, sir” – I stepped down from the taxi after handing him the money and got in to my house.

I kept walking to my bedroom while thinking of what really happened last night. I even didn’t hear my mom calling my name to join breakfast. I locked myself inside my bedroom and sat on my bed. Strangely, my lips formed a smile. I touched my lips. I closed my eyes and I felt like I still could feel her lips on mine – the way she gently responded to my passionate kiss. I touched my lips again and the scene where I touched her body with this lip of mine, came into my mind. I smiled again. I believed I was drunk last night, but why I could remember all of these?!

“LEE CHANHEE!! How many times I should call your name, huh?! Let’s have a breakfast!!” – My mom yelled in front of my room. I got shocked and all of the memories of last night vanished just like that.

“Oh. Sorry. Okay, I’ll be downstairs in a minute, mom” – I told her as I was walking to the bathroom, to cleaned myself.

I still had a blank expression when having a breakfast with all of my family. I felt bad for Shinyeong for what just happened with us and I regretted I left that memo for her. I must be crazy for accusing her like that. I knew she would never do that. She was one of a kind student in the university. What have I done?!

“Chanhee?! What’s wrong?! You look pale” – My oldest brother asked me. Mom and dad looked into my face too.

“Yes, you look so pale. What happened?! Were you drinking too much last night?!” – Dad asked me.

“No. Nothing. Sorry dad, mom, hyung! I need to go somewhere. Thank you for the breakfast” – I ran over to my car and I sped up to the motel. I just hope she was still there. Please.

She was not there. That was what I saw in the room. The room was already cleaned-up. I ran to the receptionist and asked him about the girl who was leaving the room. He just said that the girl walked to the nearest subway station in tears.

I need to find her! I have to apologize to her! I’ll take the responsibility! Just please help me to find her, Oh dear God!!” – That was running on my mind when I left the motel. I decided to wait for her tomorrow at the university. I must find her there. That’s what I believe.

(Next day)

I waited for her in front of the University’s gate – inside my car. I kept my eyes open, looking for a girl with a black-ponytail hair. But none. I didn’t see her. I didn’t find her anywhere inside the University either. But then, I saw her bestfriend. I grabbed her wrist. She looked shock but then looked angry after she saw my face.

“What?! What do you want now?! WHAT?!” – She yelled at me.

“I need to see Shin—“

“Why?! Do you want to mock her again?! Or accusing her for something she never did?! I can’t believe you did that to her!! I thought you… Never mind! Let me go!” – She let her wrist go from my grip and walked away.

I ran away to the administration office there. I had to try to find her home! I must find the address there! After I got the address, I sped up to her home. I saw her. She was sitting near the window with pale face painted on her face. I looked deep into her face. She was beautiful. The tears rolled down from her face stabbed me deep into my heart. What did I do to this girl?!

Night had come and I was still sitting there inside my car – watched her. The more I saw her face, my heart raced a beat. The scene last night came back to my mind and I didn’t feel sad. Rather than sad, I feel grateful that I met her and knew her. Suddenly, I felt sleepy and I fell asleep inside my car, dreaming of Shinyeong.

(Next Morning)

I got up from my deep slumber and it hit me hard that I haven’t talked to her last night. I stepped down from my car and I knocked on her door. A young man opened the door – asked me who was I. I told him that I was Shinyeong’s friend. He said that his sister just left for a plane that she got a scholarship to Italy. I got shocked. She was running away from me!

I went after her. I ran in the airport, looking for her. None. Once again, I lost her. I lost my hope to find her. I just waited for her until the day I graduated from University and Chaeyoung came back to me after she failed the audition. I got married to her after that but I didn’t feel like what I felt before to her. I always dreamed of Shinyeong. The guilty feel inside my heart keeps haunting me since then. I'm so sorry, Shinyeong. For everything. For hurting you, for the pain you received from me. I'm sorry.

 

FLASHBACK ENDS

I cry on my bed. I miss her. I miss Shinyeong and that now I have found her with our son, I want her. I don’t know what to do. Do I have to divorce Chaeyoung?! My parents are disappointed that she couldn’t bear a child. If I tell them that Shinyeong has our blood, they will be happy but I bet they will take the boy from Shinyeong unless I marry her.

I talk to Chaeyoung first about the boy. As I expected, she screams at me and she doesn’t want a divorce. She will take the boy from Shinyeong. I yell at her. I don’t want the boy to be separated from his mother. My parents hear that and ask me where is the boy and Shinyeong. I tell them that I met Shinyeong near Han River and I don’t know where she lives now. I believe she is running away from me again. I know her. She wouldn’t let me go near her or the boy. And my expectation is true. I ask her friend (again) and she tells me that Shinyeong runs away with the boy and I never see them again.

 

(16 Years Later)

Author’s POV

One spring morning, there’s a knocked outside the Lee’s home. Butler Kang opens the door just to find a fine young man standing outside the door with a smile. He brings many suitcases like he wants to move out from his house. He reminded of his master’s smile when he sees the man.

“Hello, I’m Baek… No. I’m Lee Heejin” – He says with a bright smile. An old man looks outside and he tears up. He walks out just to see the young version of him like 20 years ago. 

"Son..."

"Dad... How are you? Sorry for coming this late"

The man tells his old man that his mom passed away just a few months ago and she tells him that he must go to his dad. Then they hug each other. They live together. He finds his son. 

 

-THE END-