Final

I've caught a squishy

A/n: I did not plan to make this . This idea came up, I started writing, and then BAM! They are brothers. Please forgive me those of you who are not into .

 

Also, the name Squishy must not sound so legendary, but just endure it. Lol

 

*

 

It was said that once every hundred year, a new Squishy was born into the forest to keep the safety of the world balanced from nature and village. This Squishy was never really seen by many, just the kids who didn't do much of describing it clearly how this Squishy would look like. One would say The Squishy was small, another would say The Squishy was huge, some would say The Squishy was just a cloud of mist. It was confusing, so most hunters didn't know what to catch.

 

The mystical creature Squishy was forever a legend in all the towns and villages.

 

But Jongin, an average boy at the age of twelve was determined to find this Squishy. It had been documented into the books for ages, and Jongin had read almost all of them although he couldn't understand some of the bigger words. There was no specific picture of The Squishy, but Jongin was sure he would find it, because Squishy seemed to like kids more, and Jongin was just a kid, about to turn into a teenage boy.

 

Twelve was considered a kid to his parents, so, he was definitely still a kid.

 

Three months before his birthday, Jongin set out to look for The Squishy, packing his clothes and food into his bag. He had calculated things out so that he had enough food for the whole trip. He wasn't dumb like the kids at school said, he was actually smart.

 

"Jongin where are you going? Breakfast is ready, and what are you doing with that bag dear?" His mother asked, placing both her hands on his shoulder to stare down at him.

 

"Just...Joonmyeon invited me to go..over. I just want to play, and I ate already." Jongin lied, smiling widely at his mother. She can't stop him from finding The Squishy. It had been his dream since forever to find it, no, that's actually a lie. It's only been last month since he grew interested in The Squishy.

 

She doesn't seem to believe him at all, eyes squinting in a questioning way, "How far does Joonmyeon live?"

 

"Just the village next door mom. I'll be fine." He assured her, and leaned up to peck her cheek before turning on his heels and running out the door.

 

Jongin kept running until his cottage was no longer in view, then he changed course and ran towards the forest near by. It wasn't as dark as he thought, actually quite light with birds chirping and butterflies flying. With determination in his eyes, Jongin ran into the forest. He tripped a few times, cut himself here and there, but survived until he was deep inside. Chanyeol used to bring him here, so he knew the way back.

 

Jongin kept walking and walking until he couldn't remember which way he came from anymore, and the area around him didn't look like anything Chanyeol had shown him before. He bit his lip hard to think about where to go next, turning to all directions and only spotting more trees after another.

 

Jongin was lost.

 

He was also confused on how he had gotten lost when he followed the way Chanyeol showed him. Maybe he was just as dumb as they thought.

 

"Hmm...where to?" He asked no one in particular, then pointed to a random direction and began moving forward. It could be the wrong way, it could be the right way, no one knows. Jongin just felt like going that way, so he shall go that way.

 

It was getting dark when Jongin actually considered stopping near a stream. The water flowed slowly, almost calmly and soothingly. The rocks by the side served as a stepping point for him to reach down into the stream and cup some water into his hands to splash onto his sweaty face. Yep, Jongin was completely lost.

 

He just shrugged that thought off and pulled out a pillow, a blanket, and another blanket. Then he went to a tree to rip off enough leaves and went back to set it down on the ground as a makeshift bed. "Not enough depth to equal the softness I want.." Jongin mumbled as he stared down at his flat, and probably hard bed. "Need more leaves."

 

Jongin pranced back to get more leaves, and repeated the process back and forth until his bed was nice and thick and soft. "Good, now the blanket." He said and put the first blanket on first so that the leaves wouldn't scratch him as he slept. The pillow was placed next, then the other blanket was set on top.

 

"Nice. I'm so smart!" Jongin proudly pat himself on the back before doing a few jumps as his proud dance.

 

He then took out some dried up beef, and his rice wrapped in banana leaf from the bag to eat. Up above him the sky was getting darker, leaving him sitting almost in the dark eating by himself. There were no sounds at all, just the water flowing, and the rustles of leaves. It was calming and perfect to sleep in. After Jongin was done eating, he put the uneaten beef and the rice back into his bag for the next day.

 

It was completely dark now, so Jongin had to crawl his way to the stream and wash his oily hand. He crawled back to his bed, pulled the blanket over his body, placed his head on the pillow, closed his eyes with a long sigh, and went to sleep.

 

A far away rustle woke him back up, sitting straight, and looking around with wide eyes. Was it an animal? Or another human? It was so dark Jongin couldn't see anything. Groaning, he knew he should've started a fire, but he thought that would attract animals, so he didn't. Now he was stuck with no light and an animal about to attack him. "Shoot." Jongin reached for his bag, and pulled out a candle, snapped his finger then a small fire lit up on his thumb.

 

He transferred the fire onto the wick until it burned bright to show him a few feet radius around him. In the darkness, there was nothing but the trees and bushes. Some glowing eyes, probably owls or rabbits hopping around. Jongin sighed, looking around a few times more before blowing out the candle and going back to sleep.

 

Jongin wasn't actually just 'average.' He could consider himself kind of special. For someone to be able to produce fire out of thin air, control the fire, and make it his pet, Jongin was far from average. And you all wonder why he wasn't scared to go out alone. Now you know he wasn't scared at the start, because what does he have to fear when he should be the one feared by others.

 

When morning came, Jongin was already up and packing. No need for breakfast when he had a Squishy to find and befriend. Most of the kids at school called him dumb for being weird and a little antisocial, only his best best friends like Chanyeol and Joonmyeon knew he had the ability to practically control fire. If Jongin was constantly being called weird and dumb, then he should find someone like his own, like this Squishy that had been going on for so long.

 

If he befriend The Squishy, he wouldn't be alone anymore.

 

Jongin continued to walk deeper into the forest, doing that for hours, only stopping for food before continuing. The Squishy had to be somewhere. The process went for days, weeks maybe? Jongin lost count and he wasn't eating the food he brought anymore, because he had ran out of them a long time ago, now he was hunting for food, killing the animals he could catch and using them as his meal.

 

He would pray for them to reach heaven, and that they would serve him a good meal and thank them for helping him survive for another day before cooking them. If it was a small bird, Jongin would just get some water and put it into a small bowl that he brought, and hold the bowl in his hand before heating it up with his ability coursing through his hand and boiling the water until the birds feather could be taken off easily.

 

Then after feather free, Jongin would light his whole hand on fire, using that as a cooker for the bird as he was holding it. He never really cleaned the insides of the bird, because he doesn't eat to the inside, just the meat he could pick outside the rib.

 

It wasn't so bad to be cooking his own meal, at least he was eating meat instead of salted vegtables and fruits.

 

Jongin still hadn't found The Squishy yet, and not knowing what it looked like, Jongin struggled day after day to find it, until one day, he spotted a boy the same age as him or younger with owl eyes playfully splashing the water at the edge of a small clear pond. He wasn't wearing anything, just and playing around, giggling as the birds around him tweeted a melody.

 

Jongin observed for a while, just wondering why a boy as pale and small as him was doing out here in the dangerous forest. It made no sense at all. But Jongin didn’t have more time to wonder when the boy caught him, eyes large and scared, then quickly got up and began running the opposite direction.

 

Acting quick to the sudden rush, Jongin ran after the other boy, seeing that he would not survive if he ran off alone. He was so small, and looked like he couldn’t hurt a fly, how was he supposed to kill and eat? “Wait! You the boy, what are you doing out here? STOP!” Jongin ran and ran, but somehow, the other was much faster and was making distance between them. How was that even possible when Jongin had the longer legs?

 

Jongin did the only thing he knew he could do, and focussed his gaze on the area around the other, then lit up a circle of fire around him to trap him and stop him from running any further. When the other suddenly stopped to look around him and the deadly fire with wide eyes, Jongin thought he had did it, he had stopped the other from running and maybe scaring him too, but at least it worked.

 

Jongin was so wrong though when with one swipe of his hand at the fire, the other boy destroyed all his fire, erased it to smoke and kept running. Jongin gaped at the smoke rising to the sky, then it hit him that the other boy was running, so he quickly moved his feet to run too. What the heck was that? that question ran through Jongin’s mind all the while he chased the other. “Stop boy!” Jongin tried again, “I’m not here to hurt you, I just want to protect you! You’re going to die out here!”

 

Jongin knew his words must not sound so convincing after trying to set fire on the boy. He must’ve sounded quite dangerous to the other.

 

The sharp turn that the other did almost made Jongin trip when he just suddenly turned a ninety degree and started running to his left. It was starting to seep into Jongin’s mind that the other boy wasn’t as normal as he seemed to look like, oh wait, he wasn’t normal to begin with considering he was and all alone in the deep forest. When all attempts of stopping the other with fire failed, because he seemed to just swipe his hand and all of Jongin’s fire would disappear, Jongin tries another approach.

 

Jongin jumped into the air, setting fire to both his feet to act as an accelerator, and almost zoomed toward the other boy like a hawk catching it’s prey. It seemed to have caught the other by surprise because Jongin could hear him gasp loudly when Jongin wrapped his arm around the waist and holding him tight so he doesn’t run away again.

 

If only he was right this time around, but he was wrong once again when the solid waist he had his arm around was no longer there, and a thick mist replaced it instead. “What the h..” Jongin didn’t get to finish his sentence when the mist floated out of his grasp, he could feel the coldness tickle his skin, and moved to float a few feet away from him. There was no face, no body, just a big blob of mist but somehow Jongin could feel eyes staring at him intently.

 

Jongin’s throat was so dry, he had to swallow to allow his saliva to coat the dryness back to comfortableness. “Uhh..” He didn’t know what to say or even voice out because what the heck was floating in front of him? It wasn’t a normal mist, if it was, it would’ve spreaded out, but this one was sticking together in a clutter.

 

The mist moved closer, frightening Jongin slightly, and when he was scared, he tended to act on impulse. A wall of fire appeared from the ground, separating the mist and Jongin apart. He was about to calm down when a hole broke itself out of the fire, then the misty air came through, the coldness surrounding Jongin's entire body.

 

Jongin's remained still, completely lost now, having no explanation to anything that happened so far. The boy had turned into the mist that was currently surrounding him, does that mean he also had an ability? But he totally destroyed Jongin's fire, how was that supposed to fit in with his mist ability? Nothing made sense.

 

The mist seemed to be observing Jongin, carefully caressing the skin visible as if touching it, and poking his arm and back to test if he bones or something. Then, a mass of mist, thicker than the rest formed in front of Jongin's face. The feeling of staring eyes was back, Jongin could feel it on his skin. The thick mist moved closer to Jongin's, leaving almost no space between them before moving back. "What are you?" An airy, honey voice asked.

 

Jongin glanced around to see if anyone was near, which was a dumb thought because who would be out here? The only other person out here was the boy, who was currently the mass of mist in front of Jongin, "What are you?" He countered, challenging the other to answer.

 

"Anything I wish to be, anything I wish to control, anything.." Came an answer.

 

"You have no form then." Jongin narrowed his eyebrows. How does something without a form speak? Don't you need a tongue for that?

 

"False. I wasn't born without a form, I was born just like you humans. But you're not a human. What are you?"

 

It was hard to talk when you had no visible eye to look at, so Jongin just awkwardly look up and down and all over the mist, "I am human. What makes you think I'm not human?"

 

"Your aura, your air, that ability, it's not human but there shouldn't be two Squishy. What are you?"

 

The mist seemed generally confused, and Jongin was probably in the same condition. And did he just hear the mist say something about a Squishy? Does that mean...

 

"Wait wait, what? You're a Squishy? The Squishy? The legendary Squishy born once every hundred year into the forest? You? This mist that presents nothing like anything squishy?" Jongin asked in disbelief, finding everything kind of funny as he chuckled to himself, and pointing to the mist. It was nothing like Squishy. It must be a joke. Although he had never seen a Squishy, he expected more than some mist.

 

A low groan was heard, so Jongin assumed the mist was angry before he shifted his misty form back into the boy. Jongin tried not to stare down at the clearly visible attention. He'd seen many other twelve year olds's , especially when they all get to dive into the river for a summer bath, but somehow, looking at this boys made him feel bad and uncomfortable. The boy began taking steps toward Jongin, and when he was close enough, he grabbed Jongin's hand to place it on his belly.

 

"Feel it, squishy." He said, looking down at Jongin's hand squeezing his belling gently.

 

To say Jongin was shock would be wrong, because earlier he already knew this boy had a squishy belly. He wasn't as toned as Jongin anyways. "Yea yeah, whatever. So you're The Squishy every hunter has been trying to find, but they didn't know you're just a boy who can turn into mist." Jongin blabbered, waving his hand around to prove his point, (and also so that he could pull his hand away from the belly that seem to be burning his hand) that the hunters had been hunting the wrong thing. What would they do with a boy who had an ability? Nothing much, except...

 

Mistake him as a witch, and try to hang him?

 

Jongin's eyes grew wide in horror. No wonder this boy hid himself deep in the forest. People nowadays seem to be so afraid of these witches, and would take every chance they could to capture them and hang them. Jongin should consider doing the same too since he had an ability others didn't.

 

"Why haven't they hung you?"

 

Mind reader as well. This was going to be a hard time for Jongin to get through, "They don't know about this ability of mine. Only my close friends know, and they swear to keep it secret."

 

"I see. Most people believe Squishy are that of a tree keeper, nothing but trees and every tree out there to grow more trees to keep nature balanced with all the villiages being built. I never show my true form to adults, they are never trust worthy, but to children's who had been lost in this forest, I've met them in different forms to make sure each told a different story after I've led them back to the safety of their villiages. It was safer that way. I guess these hunters never expect The Squishy to be a boy, just like all the other humans." The Squishy said.

 

"Then why did you show me your true form? I could be dangerous you know.." Jongin deadpanned, bringing his hand up to light it into deadly flames.

 

The Squishy grinned, bringing his hand up as well to cover Jongin's, the fire touching his skin, but not exactly burning him. Jongin's eyes grow wide when his flame died down to nothing but his bare hand. "You - you - "

 

"I can see that you are very dangerous," The Squishy said, sarcastically, "but I am stronger. I've figured out from your aura that I am the original Squishy, you're the mistake that was born after me, therefor you don't have the same abilities as me. Unlike me, who can control anything, turn into anything, you're only form is you right now, and fire is the only thing you can control. You're not so dangerous."

 

Jongin was fuming. He wasn't a mistake! He was special! One of a kind in his village and he was indeed very dangerous to the people around him if they knew he had that certain ability. Plus, who said he wanted to be a Squishy anyway! He had toned abs that he knew he had, he just needed to work out more, and he was definitely not all pale and innocent looking like The Squishy in front of him. Being a Squishy seemed like so much work!

 

"You can deny all you want, but I am technically stronger than you." The Squishy said.

 

"If you're so strong, then why are you hiding? Why aren't you coming out and beating these hunters down?" Jongin asked, still furious.

 

"That's the difference between a mistake and the original Squishy. You're more toward the violent side, while I, the original Squishy am keeper of nature. I am peace, I don't hurt - I grow." He gestured his hand to some of the grass, then it started growing taller, even blooming a flower.

 

"But I haven't hurt anyone." Jongin muttered, feeling a little hurt that The Squishy had accused him of being violent when all his life he'd only used his fire to light up the wood for his mom to cook food on when she wasn't looking.

 

"I didn't say that. I said you're more toward the violent side, so if you grew up with bad people instead, you may have had a chance of using your ability to kill other people, and nature wouldn't punish you for it because you're the mistake. If I tried to kill, for example the hunters who are after me, I'd be consumed by the trees and the ground. Not really a thing I want to happen, that's why I'm hiding away deep in here until you showed up." The Squishy said, pouting slightly.

 

That made sense. God knows how many animal he had killed, yet he was still alive and living, "So you don't eat meat at all?" A question of curiosity left Jongin's lips.

 

"Nope. Not at all. I grew up with the trees and plants offering me berries and fruits to eat. My whole life was based off healthy things."

 

"But you need meat too to balance out the fruits."

 

"I can't eat meat. If I did, I wouldn't the here right now. I'd be consumed by the earth for eating something with a beating heart," The Squishy hissed, face palming before turning his heels, "you may stay if you want, since you're already kind of like a brother to me, both of us being born as Squishy." He said over his shoulder fans began walking.

 

Jongin stared for a moment before following, sputtering words and questions, "Wait! I still have questions to ask! Like how did you even get here? When were you born? How are you born? Who brought you here or did you come when you were ten or something? Why am I suddenly your brother when I've only met you? Why is your eye so big and most importantly, why are you ?"

 

No answer came so Jongin quiet down and just followed. He kept following until they came to an average size tree. The Squishy halted in front of the tree, turned around to Jongin to say the words 'follow me' before taking more steps forward. Jongin was a little confused. If The Squishy kept walking he was going to bang himself straight into the tree, and possibilly get hurt. "Wait where - "

 

The Squishy went straight through the tree and disappeared. Okay, that was weird. Jongin decided to Yolo and followed suit, closing his eyes tightly as he took the last step. When he opened his eyes again, he was inside some cozy room which was made up of mostly wood. There was a bed at the side, and in the middle was a carpet made of leaves. Some branches were growing up on the ceiling, growing all sorts of fruits that shouldn't be growing on the same type of tree. The light that was glowing from the branches made no sense at all, but it was bright enough to light up the whole room.

 

And then there was The Squishy, reaching up to pluck an apple from one of the branches. As he ate it, another apple quickly grew to replace it.

 

"What is this place?" Jongin asked, still looking around at the wonderful things like the cups made of wood, the bowl made of wood, the cattle made of wood, everything was made of wood but in a creative way of course.

 

"My safe haven. Only Squishies can enter. That's enough proof that you're also a Squishy."

 

"So this is where you stay when you're not out there?" Jongin asked.

 

"Yes."

 

"What if this tree gets cut down?"

 

"There is no tree. This right here, this room, is in another dimension where no humans can reach. I can enter another tree and come to this very same place." The Squishy explained, plucking a pear and throwing it at Jongin. "It's safe. Don't worry, I've been here for as long as I've lived and no one has been able to enter but me."

 

"How old are you exactly?" Jongin asked, seeing how The Squishy looked no older than a ten year old.

 

"Ahh I forgot you can't do that." The Squishy laughed, dropping his eaten apple onto the floor where it was immediately consumed by the wood.

 

"Do what do what!"

 

"You can't read minds, read information off people just by looking at them, know practically everything that every normal human doesn't know."

 

"Okay now you're just mean." Jongin pouted, dropping his half eaten pear onto the floor where it too was consumed by the wood.

 

"You're the one thinking I'm no older than ten when I'm actually older than you."

 

"R-really? How m-much older?" Crap, Jongin had disrespected a Hyung. His mom would not be proud if she found it which hopefully doesn't happen.

 

"You're born on nineteen ninety four, January fourteenth. Exactly one year younger than me." The Squishy said, smiling widely, his lips turning into a heart.

 

"Yeah, but how old are you?" Jongin deadpanned.

 

"I'm thirteen."

 

"Date please?"

 

"Nineteen ninety three, January twelfth."

 

"That's only..two days from my birthday! Wow!! So we are kind of like brothers!! Hyahh!" Jongin was so happy about the new info from The Squishy, he had forgotten that they'd just met and dashed toward him to hug him tightly. Only when he realized the other was stark did he retract his arms and step back almost awkwardly, "So yeah..no clothes, why is that?"

 

"I just feel more comfortable Jongin."

 

Jongin nodded, finding that a bit weird because shouldn't all people cover their private areas? But wait, did he hear what he think he heard? "You just said my name."

 

"Yes Jongin."

 

"You - you knew my name this whole time!!"

 

"Yep. After obversing you when I was in my mist form."

 

Jongin felt like crying. He wanted abilities like The Squishy too so he'd know his name instead of always addressing him as The Squishy.

 

"My name?.....hmm I don't have a name Jongin." Darn it, he read Jongin's mind again.

 

"And why?" Jongin had to ask. He was so curious already. He could feel his whole body bubbling with curiosity.

 

"I don't know. I only remember growing up to learning things on my own with the help of the trees, animals and plants, accessing knowledge I didn't know I should know, but I've never known my name. I only know that once every hundred year, a Squishy is born, much as I did from a human woman, and if I'm the chosen one, I'd get teleported to the forest immediately after."

 

"So does that mean I.." Jongin wanted to ask if they were from one mom or...

 

"I don't know. You could be born from the same woman, you could not. But chances are; you were Jongin. Only one woman in every century can give birth to a Squishy, or the mistake Squishy. It's rare that two Squishies are born but from different women. Very rare and are bound to never even happen, so I'm ninety nine point nine nine nine nine nine nine nine nine percent sure you and I are from one womb. I was just born first, you a year after."

 

"How come I wasn't teleported here to be with you?"

 

"Because you weren't the original one. You're the mistake that shouldn't be born as a Squishy, so nature didn't want you here with me. You were supposed to be just another young boy born to a woman as her child. But somehow, you became a mistake somewhere in God knows where, and became a mistaken Squishy." The Squishy explained, walking to his bed and sit down. "But you could come here and nature wouldn't kick you out because you are still a Squishy, just a mistake."

 

Jongin nodded. Sadly, he was just a mistake Squishy. Pfft as if he wanted to be one anyway. Walking around , living on nothing but fruits, pfft, who would want that?

 

I would want that. Jongin's conscious answered. It sounded quite fun to be the nature God who was like The Squishy.

 

"So we're actually blood brothers you say? How come I'm looking like a burnt stick and you look like a peeled apple?" Jongin asked, almost laughing at himself when he realized he compared The Squishy to an apple, but oh well, he was a little roundish, like an apple. And peeled apples were white in color, just the same as The Squishy right now!

 

"Ha-ha very funny Jongin," The Squishy laughed almost too robo like, "the reason I'm white as snow is because I spend my time under all the trees of nature, which block out most of the UV light. And you, I'd say you spend too much time basking under the sun."

 

"As if that wasn't so obvious, but seriously, we don't look alike. I'm smoking hot, for a twelve year old, and you look like a kid for a thirteen year old." Jongin said smirking with triumph.

 

"You sure are confident about your looks Jongin. No wonder I was better off without a younger annoying brother." The Squishy rolled his eyes at Jongin.

 

"You're always so mean. My Noona's never say mean things to me."

 

"Welcome to my world Jongin, I'm not your Noona."

 

"I thought Squishies are supposed to be nice and peaceful like you said earlier."

 

"Oh right I forgot to tell you, as long as it's a family member or another Squishy, I can be as mean as I want. Nature allows that because we are family, and family will forever love each other. Fights won't break our bond."

 

That caught Jongin off guard. He'd just met The Squishy, and had just found out they were related by blood, but that was all, and to say he loved his brother already to have a bond was a little too much to handle. And a little uncomfortable as well.

 

"Hey, don't think too much about it. It was a joke. Calm down Jongin. I know it's hard to take in. One day you're suddenly not the only son, I get it. I didn't know I had a brother too until I sensed it on you. But sometimes, these bonds do exist, and you'll feel it soon."

 

"Does that mean you feel it already?"

 

"You think I'll let you enter my home if I didn't feel it? Are you that dumb Jongin?"

 

Jongin chuckled, feeling his heart ease. He hoped to find that bond one day. How would it feel to bond with The Squishy?

 

"Give me a name Jongin. I don't like how you're always addressing me as The Squishy." The Squishy said.

 

Jongin had to give it a good thought, because giving just some random name could doom him into calling The Squishy a name that didn't match his owl eyes and heart shaped lips. After giving all his thought, one name could only pop up in Jongin's head, "Kyungsoo."

 

"Kyungsoo?....Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo." The Squishy tested out the name a few times, "Why Kyungsoo?"

 

"Because I like it." Jongin replied.

 

"Okay. Kyungsoo it is then Jongin. From now on, you should call me Kyungsoo."

 

"Already on it Kyungsoo."

 

*

 

It didn't take long before Kyungsoo showed Jongin around the forest, telling him it was actually easy to go from place to place without getting lost with the help from the trees and plants telling him directions. To Jongin's disadvantage with such an awesome ability Kyungsoo had, Jongin couldn't understand what the trees or the plants were telling him. They all just sounded like leaves rustling. Maybe only the original Squishy could understand them.

 

Jongin also cut his diet down to just fruits like Kyungsoo, because he nearly choked Jongin when he saw him cooking a bird. Jongin almost lost his life that day, good thing the vines helped him by wrapping their green around Kyungsoo's wrist and pulling him away. Jongin literally went on his knees and thanked them. He learned then that he should never mess with Kyungsoo. No matter what.

 

Jongin also learned about the different forms Kyungsoo could turn into. He had many forms, from plants to animals to air and mist, water to rocks, wow, anything. His hiding game was too strong sometimes, especially when they played hide and seek for fun. Jongin would try and sense Kyungsoo, because he wanted to feel the bond, but he could never find The Squishy. He was just too good.

 

At night, they would lay on Kyungsoo's bed together and chat until one of them fell asleep. And if Kyungsoo slept first, Jongin would turn to look at his brother, just admiring his smooth face, his plump lips, his angelic eyes, his cute nose, and his silky black hair. Jongin had the urge of running his hand through it. But he always refrained himself from doing so. He would stare at Kyungsoo for hours until he too, lost to sleep and fell deep into slumber facing Kyungsoo, his arm gently wrapped around his brother's waist.

 

And after a while, Jongin was finally starting to feel the bond, the strong feeling he had for his brother. The feeling of wanting to protect him and hold him tight as to not let him leave his grasp. For a twelve year old turning thirteen, Jongin could feel the bond overwhelming him.

 

"It's gonna be my birthday tomorrow Jongin, so your birthday is going to be two days after." Kyungsoo informed him one day as they sat together on the leaf carpet on the floor, eating their fruits as lunch. Jongin was munching on some green grapes and watermelon slices, while Kyungsoo took to eating just a banana.

 

As his brother ate the banana, Jongin couldn't take his eyes off. Kyungsoo wasn't anymore because Jongin convinced him he should wear something to hide his private area, and lend The Squishy the spare clothes he had in his bag, but the way he ate the banana was just sinful. Jongin was after all a boy, at the right age for his hormones to start bubbling out of places. "Yeah..so what should we do tomorrow?" Jongin asked, eyeing the way Kyungsoo's lips wrap around the banana before biting down.

 

"Uhh I want to go pick berries."

 

"But don't you do that everyday already?"

 

"Yeah, but we're going to be picking berries in the villages."

 

That caught Jongin's attention. He hadn't seen his mom or his sisters for at least three months now. They must be worried sick about him. And he could imagine Chanyeol wailing like a baby just because Jongin wouldn't be there to help him burn his extra small clothes. "But what if you get caught?"

 

"Jongin, the hunters don't know The Squishy is a boy. They'll just think I'm some ordinary boy." Kyungsoo replied, giving Jongin the 'duh' eye roll.

 

"Okay, if you say so."

 

*

 

The next day, they set out to Jongin's village. Kyungsoo had also said that since he and Jongin were brothers, Jongin's mom should be his mom too and he had been wanting to see his mom ever since he could remember growing up without one. Jongin though it would be a great idea to introduce Kyungsoo and his mom together, although it could be a little dramatic and weird, but the after result should be breathtaking and heartwarming.

 

The trees and grass lead them back to the entrance of the forest, where Jongin had entered when he first came in. The sun was brighter than what Jongin had last remember, probably because he'd been so used to the dim lights of the forest with trees overhead to block the light out. "I come once every year to do this, but never in my true form. I always come at night though, just for safety, but with you Jongin, I know I'll be safe. You'll protect me right?" Kyungsoo asked as they began walking towards Jongin's cottage.

 

With a nod and a smile, Jongin replied, "always."

 

He was the mistake, the mistake that could harm people with his fire if he wanted to, and since Kyungsoo couldn't do that, Jongin would definitely do that job to protect Kyungsoo.

 

They reached Jongin's cottage in no time, and when they entered, Chanyeol, and Joonmyeon were there at the table talking to each other.

 

"Hey guys, what're you doing here?" Jongin asked casually, as if he hadn't been gone for the last three months. It didn't feel like three months though, because everyday with Kyungsoo felt like a second. Time actually went too fast to his count.

 

When the two heard them, and saw him, they sprung up, ran to him and tackled him in a hug, sobbing and laughing, "Oh my god where have you been Jongin!! We thought you were kidnapped or something!!"

 

"Woah guys, I'm fine." Jongin assured with a few pats on each of their backs.

 

When they've pulled back and wiped their snot with their sleeves, they finally notice the other pale boy with Jongin, "Who's he?" Asked Chanyeol.

 

"I've caught a Squishy." Jongin replied, earning himself a slap from Kyungsoo. He knew what Kyungsoo was thinking, like 'why are you giving me out? I thought my identity should be kept secret! You will die when we get back to the forest!' But Jongin was having none of that because this was Chanyeol and Joonmyeon, his best friends who'd kept his fire ability to themselves since they were young. Kyungsoo's identity would definitely be safe as well.

 

"What?" Joonmyeon asked, looking at Jongin almost as if he was crazy, "This is The Squishy? The legendary Squishy?"

 

Jongin nodded, "And I caught him."

 

"Jongin I think you smacked your head somewhere, that's why you're so crazy." Chanyeol joined in, agreeing with Joonmyeon.

 

"Seriously guys, I'm not kidding. He's The Squishy, and I'm the mistaken Squishy, we're actually brothers."

 

"Don't believe you. Nope." The two said in sync.

 

Jongin looked to Kyungsoo for some help using his best puppy eyes that always worked on his brother. This time was no different. It worked, Kyungsoo showed the two idiots some things, and he told them everything. After story telling was done, the two were left gaping. "Oh my god oh my god it's The Squishy! It's The Squishy standing right in front of me! Oh my god!" That was Chanyeol reacting to it all.

 

 

Joonmyeon on the other hand had the decency to bow respectfully and kept his frame calm and steady.

 

"Never thought I'd known a mistake Squishy my whole life, this is amazing." Joonmyeon chuckled, patting Jongin on the head, "don't worry Kyungsoo, you are safe with us. We haven't told a soul about Jongin's ability, I assure you your identity is safe with us."

 

"And I believe you, because I can read your mind and you're being very honest. Thank you." Kyungsoo replied.

 

"Oh wait, where's mom?" Jongin asked, remembering and noticing his mother hadn't smothered him with kisses yet. She'd usually do that every single time he left home without telling, and when he could come back suddenly, she would just tackle him, scold him a little and kiss him all over his face.

 

"Oh, she went to the market and asked us to watch the cottage - "

 

"Jongin? Is that really you dear?"

 

Jongin turned around to see his mother with a basket of vegetables dropped on the floor, mouth gaping and eyes b with tears. He ran towards her and hugged her tightly in his arms. The warm arms around him never felt better. "It's me mom."

 

"Oh my Jongin, where have you been? You weren't at Joonmyeon's when I went to get you, you scared me half to death dear! Never lie again you hear me? I can't afford to lose you." She peckered his face with kisses until there wasn't a place untouched. When all the hugs and sweets were done being passed, she finally turned her attention to the pale boy with large eyes in the room. "Who is this Jongin? A new friend?"

 

She was staring at Kyungsoo almost as if trying to recognize him. "Mom, this is Kyungsoo. He's uh..how should I say this, he's my brother, your eldest son. Remember when you used to tell me my older brother just vanished into thin air not even a few minutes later after you gave birth to him? I used to think it was just a story until I ran into him in the forest. He's The Squishy mom. He's the natures chosen one to balance earth with our man kind's handmade things."

 

Jongin doesn't really know what to expect. He knew it must be hard on her to wrap her fingers around such an impossible reason. Who would want to believe that their son was The Squishy? "Ky-Kyungsoo? My son?..."

 

Kyungsoo doesn't say anything, instead chose to stare at her, memorizing her as if this would be the last time they meet.

 

"I've always known you were The Squishy. All those books you read weren't just there Jongin. I've read them, I know what it means when a born child just vanishes into thin air. I didn't really feel any lost when I knew my son was responsible for something so great as balancing nature." She said, slowly walking towards Kyungsoo whose eyes had grown twice its size due to the sudden information, "I knew you'd do a good job and prayed everyday that you do. Jongin was supposed to replace you for all the tasks you left behind as the eldest son, but when I realized he was a mistaken Squishy, I just felt a little overwhelmed. Both my sons? How lucky was I? God must've shown a light on me." She turned back to Jongin with a smile, "you thought I don't see you lighting up the firewood?"

 

Jongin blushed slightly. Who knew right? She never said anything about it so he'd always thought he hid it well from her.

 

"Kyungsoo, I'm just glad to see you do so well. I'm proud of you, I'm proud of both of you, and I'm proud to be your mother. It's been an honor to give birth to two Squishies capable of balancing nature." She said, smiling widely and reaching down to take Kyungsoo's hand, who flinched slightly to the new touch but quickly wanted into it, "And I'm glad I got to see how well you turn out. You're beautiful Kyungsoo." She took a strand of his hair and put it behind his ear to show more of his face, "can I hug you?"

 

Kyungsoo nodded. He'd always wanted to feel what a mother's love was like.

 

He was scooped into a hug immediately, and Jongin who had been watching decided to join in. They were family after all.

 

Everything turned out perfect then. Not weird or as dramatic, but breathtaking and heartwarming. Jongin's heart was beating fast in his chest as he wrapped his arm around his brother's waist, and his other arm around his mother's waist. Their faces were so close as they bury their faces in her chest.

 

*

 

"What was the purpose of coming here?" Their mother asked, passing them each a cup of tea. Jongin had missed her tea so much! Eating fruits all day made his taste numb. Don't tell that to Kyungsoo, Jongin would rather keep his head.

 

"It's my birthday. I come every year to pick the early spring berries." Kyungsoo answered, taking a sip of the fruity flavor tea.

 

"Ahh no wonder every January our berries seem to just disappear." She chuckled.

 

Kyungsoo choked on his tea, spluttering the tea in his mouth out before wiping them all up with some towels, "Oh my god! I'm so sorry, I didn't know I took so much. I just like how the humans make their berries!"

 

"I was just kidding Kyungsoo." She laughed, reaching over to pat him on the shoulder. Jongin who was beside Kyungsoo and snickering to the whole scene earned himself a pinch to the leg by Kyungsoo.

 

Chanyeol and Joonmyeon joined in the snicker with Jongin. The two hadn't left yet? He didn't notice.

 

"Alright. You best be going then. You were here to pick berries after all, I'll see you two later, right?" She said and got up to go to the far wall to grab the green cloak. "Put this on Kyungsoo. No one should see that there is a new face in the village, they will suspect you."

 

Kyungsoo nodded and went to grab the cloak and puting it on without much effort. It fell perfectly around his petite body, and the hood covered the perfect amount of his face. "Wow, you look good Kyungsoo, like a scary hobbit." Jongin commented, earning himself yet another glare that told him he would be in trouble when they were out of their mother's sight.

 

"Have fun kids, bring some home too!" Their mother called after them as they all left the cottage together.

 

When they were finally out of her sight, Jongin was smacked on the head. Chanyeol and Joonmyeon were walking just in front of them, and the two couldn't stop laughing, "Oh be quiet guys, it's not like your brothers never smack you two on the head. Stop laughing or karma will get you." Jongin hissed, pushing Kyungsoo away gently.

 

"We're not laughing because of that, but I just never knew that Kyungsoo, being who he is, can be this violent. It's surprising." Chanyeol said.

 

"Well now you know. We're family, so violence a between family members doesn't count. Nature allows that." Jongin muttered as he rubbed the area where Kyungsoo had smacked. It hurt. He was going to make Kyungsoo massage it later with his puppy eyes.

 

"Oh sure, do it. I won't massage your head. Your puppy eyes won't work." Well darn, he read Jongin's thoughts. Again. Jongin should be used to it by now, but he's not.

 

Jongin pouted to himself, crossing his arms and halting right there on his spot. He was about to turn thirteen, but who said twelve year olds can't have tantrums and mental breakdowns? Jongin definitely didn't care. He was going to have tantrums and act like a pure whiny kid until he got what he wanted. "I'm not going until you say you will." He mumbled, lips puckered in the cutest way.

 

"Fine. Then stay. I'll just go with your friends; Chanyeol and Joonmyeon." Kyungsoo replied, continuing to walk.

 

Jongin was gaping now. Joonmyeon and Chanyeol laughed at him before following The Squishy. How could Kyungsoo do that to him!!! They were brothers god damnit and his older brother was supposed to coo him and hug him and tell him 'yes, I'll massage your head later' not turn and walk away! Jongin was fuming. "Hyung! Come back! You're making me so mad right now!" It was probably the first time he had called Kyungsoo 'hyung'. Reasons why he hadn't before was because The Squishy was so much shorter than him, calling him 'hyung' would feel kind of odd to Jongin's taste.

 

That stopped Kyungsoo faster than an arrow being shot and in motion. He turned around to stare at Jongin with raised eyebrows, but the smile on his face made Jongin feel at ease because for once he wasn't going to be in trouble, phew! "What did you call me?"

 

"Hyung."

 

"Say it again."

 

"H-hyung."

 

Kyungsoo was in thought for a few seconds before turning again and continuing to walk with Jongin's bestfriends following him, "I'll massage your head Jongin. Let's go." He heard The Squishy say. Jongin quickly ran to catch up with them, a wide victorious grin on his face to showcase his rows of white pearly teeth. He had won once again against the all powerful Squishy.

 

Chanyeol and Joonmyeon picked berries with them for a while before departing, saying they had work at home. Jongin was completely fine with it, although he preferred if they stayed because they hadn't seen each other in a while. "Bye guys, I'll see you...uh someday again." Jongin waved awkwardly. He couldn't say tomorrow when he didn't know if Kyungsoo would want to go back to the forest tonight, he couldn't say next week because he would already be deep in the forest and surrounded by trees.

 

"Yeah bye!" The two said before disappearing down the isles of berry bushes.

 

Kyungsoo had managed to get some help from a tree near by and made them cute baskets to use for setting the berries in. The basket was already half full, some Jongin assumed was going to their mother, because Kyungsoo couldn't possibly eat all that. Jongin reached for a berry, only when feeling soft fingers instead that made him look up to see Kyungsoo on the other side of the berry bush and holding the same berry he was snatching for. "Oops?" Jongin chuckled and pulled away.

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes before going to another bush. Their brotherhood had been a relationship between fire and water on some days, and flowers and bees the other. Jongin kind of liked the fire and water relationship because that way, he wouldn't think too much about skinship, or some other things. The flowers and bees relationship would make him blush often, and that was not ideal for him because he was supposed to be smexy, smoking y.

 

After both their baskets were full, they headed back the cottage where their mother was waiting with lunch. There were fruits and vegetables on the table only, as always. Did Jongin tell you that his mother always ate salted vegetables and cut fruits, but Jongin just likes to sneak and ate meat whenever she wasn't looking? No? Well now you know. Jongin wasn't really fond of eating fruits and vegetables all day, so sometimes when he went to Joonmyeon's or chanyeol's, he would join them for lunch and eat as much meat as he could.

 

"Great, more vegetables and fruits." Jongin sighed and went to sit down next to where Kyungsoo was already seated, eyes glittering to all the glorious looking good set in front of him. Yeah sure, The Original Squishy would love this kind of meal, but Jongin was a mistake, who happens to be able to eat meat, so this meal wasn't his type.

 

"Enjoy Kyungsoo, and you too Jongin."

 

"Mom I want meat." Jongin confronted her for the first time. Throughout his whole life, he had always ate what she made. And when he left for the forest, he spent most his days eating meat, which was awesome!! Then he lived with Kyungsoo and ate fruits of months, now he wanted meat again. Maybe Chanyeol or Joonmyeon would offer him some.

 

"Meat? But you're a Squishy Jongin."

 

"I'm a mistake mom, I can eat meat like normal humans can. I'm more human than Kyungsoo here." Jongin explained.

 

"I see, and you're fine with this Kyungsoo?" She asked The Squishy.

 

Jongin mentally begged for him to say yes, and he did.

 

"Okay. I found the dried beef you've been hiding from me Jongin. You can eat that then." She said with a smirk and went to his room to come back with his pack of dried beef, the pieces he wanted to save and didn't bring with him to the forest. How did she even find out?!?! Jongin made sure to hide them under his pillow so that she wouldn't look - oh wait, he just now realized what a dumb place it was. She could've cleaned his room and found it just like that. Jongin wanted to facepalm.

 

"Here you go dear."

 

Jongin accepted it sheepishly and ate it along with the rice while Kyungsoo and their mother ate the salted vegtables with rice.

 

They spend the whole day catching up and talking, Jongin just mostly watching his brother and their mother converse to all the times they've lost. And when it was dark, it was time to go back. They all share one huge family hug before they left the cottage. The way back was shorter than when they came, because Kyungsoo had said he was tired and didn't want to walk through the beautiful forest trees this time, so they just entered a tree by the entrance of the forest and came to Kyungsoo's cozy room.

 

When they were inside, Kyungso started stripping.

 

"Wait - what are you doing?" Jongin asked, looking away.

 

"I'm going to bathe Jongin. I'm dirty from all the dirt in the village. When I live here where nature is clean, I usually bathe once a week, but where you live, I can practically see the dirt molecules floating in the air. I'm coated in them, and I feel uncomfortable." Kyungsoo said as he pulled Jongin's shirt off his head, leaving him in his pale glory. Then his pants came next, now he was again. But wait, when did Jongin look back? He thought he looked away earlier?

 

"You should bathe too. The water is always warm when a Squishy bathes because nature wants us to be comfortable." He said, walking towards Jongin to try and take his shirt off. Jongin flinched away though. He'd bathe before, but usually in the day when Kyungsoo wasn't around to watch, and when the water was naturally warmed by the sun light. He'd never bathed in the dark before, especially not with Kyungsoo.

 

"I'm not bathing tonight Kyungsoo. I'll do it tomorrow." Jongin said.

 

"Then you're sleeping on the floor because I'm not allowing your dirty self on my clean bed."

 

God, not that threat. The floor was hard, and the wood was uncomfortable no matter how kind they were to Kyungsoo, they were never very nice to Jongin. He was the mistake Squishy after all. "But Kyungsoo..."

 

"No buts. Bathe now or sleep on the floor, your choice." The Squishy said and crossed his arms, tapping his feet on the wood as a sign that he was waiting for an answer.

 

Jongin sighed in defeat. He'd rather sleep on the bed, thank you. "Fine. Wait for me, I don't know which pond you're going to." Jongin muttered and began unbottuning his button up shirt. He could feel eyes on him as more inches of his tanned skin became visible. This was his first time being in front of Kyungsoo, and boy was it awkward. When his shirt was off, his pants came next. Hesitantly, and a little awkwardly reaching down, Jongin carefully ed his pants and , then pulled it down.

 

The air around him was warm, but goosebumps still formed on his skin as he stepped out of his pooling pants by his feet. Jongin felt , which was a fact, and exposed, which was another fact, and he was blushing. His hand was awkwardly covering his private area and his eyes was looking at everything but Kyungsoo.

 

"That wasn't so bad now was it Jongin. Now let's go, I'm dirty." The Squishy said and walked right past Jongin, their arms almost brushing but not quite.

 

Jongin didn't know he was holding his breath when he exhaled, finally breathing in new air. God he was such an awkward dumb kid.

 

Jongin followed Kyungsoo out, stepping back into the wall that led them to another tree that was near a pond. This pond was like other ponds, it was clear, and the pebbles underneath was pretty in various colors. It was dark though, so Jongin lit up a few fireballs around them to show them the area they'd be bathing in. Kyungsoo had already entered the water and was at waist length.

 

"Come on Jongin, I want to sleep already, or do you want me to leave you out here all alone?" Kyungsoo said, splashing water onto his chest and arm, then rubbing to scrub off the unwanted layer of dirt.

 

Jongin didn't answer and went in, stepping one foot at a time into the pond, feeling the pebbles push against his feet as he went deeper. He didn't go close to Kyungsoo though, opting to go a few feet away and a little deeper so that didn't stay at the same level. He went deeper than intended when the water level was up closer to his chest.

 

Kyungsoo was looking back at him weirdly but continued to wash himself.

 

Indeed, the water was warm. Nature sure had their way of working things out for a Squishy.

 

Jongin scrubbed himself, focussing on his arms and his chest, technically the parts that were above water because he'd forgotten he could actually clean the bottom half that was under water. He only stopped when his fireballs went out, and the darkness engulfed him.

 

The first thing he did was look to see where Kyungsoo was but found him nowhere. Jongin panicked just slightly as he tried to make new fireballs. Nothing happened though. Where could Kyungsoo go at a moment like this? Jongin wanted to scoff at The Squishy for leaving him to bathe all alone, and killing his ability so that he couldn't light up the area. He was going to have a serious talk with Kyungsoo later for pulling a prank.

 

Life goes on.

 

Jongin was about to continue and scrub himself in the dark because it was his only choice he had left when he felt something on his waist, underwater.

 

Wait, underwater?

 

Jongin shrieked very unmanly like and attempted to swim back to land when a head popped out of the water, just a few inches away from Jongin. He could see the heart shaped smile, and the glitters of his eyes in the dim darkness. Jongin knew exactly who this was, "Kyungsoo! You scared me to death, I thought you were a pond monster!"

 

"But you're a Squishy, a mistake, but still a Squishy and Squishies are loved by nature so you had nothing to fear."

 

"Well...you killed my fire so I was defenseless. Why'd you do that anyway?" Jongin huffed, crossing his arms across his chest.

 

"I don't know. But it's easier for me to do things in the darkness. That way you can't see my face." Kyungsoo said.

 

"But why would I want to see your face - " the hand on Jongin's waist started cleaning and scrubbing, and Jongin noticed that he too liked the darkness because Kyungsoo wouldn't be able to see the blush on his cheeks. "W-what are you doing?"

 

"Cleaning you, duh, you're really dumb Jongin. What were you doing over here just scrubbing your upper parts? Did you forget you had a bottom half?" Kyungsoo asked, changing sides to go behind Jongin and scrubbing his back then his lower back.

 

"Wha? Well I was getting there, you didn't have to come to the rescue." Jongin retorted.

 

"Like I said, I want to sleep. I didn't have time to wait for you to realize you needed to clean your bottom half."

 

The Squishy cleaned Jongin well, even going underwater to scrub Jongin's legs which he was shocked to witness. But disturbing The Squishy while he was doing something wasn't a thing Jongin liked to do, he learned from before to not disturb, unless he wanted his head chopped off. When a head popped up in front of Jongin again, and a pat on his head, Jongin knew he was finished and they could leave now.

 

Jongin followed Kyungsoo back, he was dripping wet and some dirt on the ground should've stuck to his feet, but none was, so when he looked at Kyungsoo and saw that dirt wasn't sticking to him either, Jongin figured nature was helping. Inside their room, he was still dripping onto the wood floor that seemed to consume the water droplets in. Kyungsoo, The Original Squishy decided to use wind to dry himself off.

 

Jongin watched and felt a little envious he couldn't do that. But oh well, he'd just heat himself up until the water dried off, so that was exactly what he did; increased his temperature until he could hear the water sizzling dry and off his body like the water in a pot placed over a fire would do.

 

Jongin tried not to glance too much at Kyungsoo as the wind blew against his hair because he wouldn't want to get caught doing that kind of embarrassing thing. He dressed quickly since he was done first and went to sit on their bed to wait for Kyungsoo.

 

"Fix the bed please Jongin."

 

Jongin obliged, doing as he was told. When he was done and looked back up, Kyungsoo was already dressed. He climbed on bed to join Jongin where they both huddle on the bed together. As said before, it was warm in here, thus no blankets was needed. "Goodnight Jongin." Kyungsoo whispered.

 

The smile on Jongin's lips couldn't be helped as he replied; "Goodnight Kyungsoo."

 

*

 

The next day was spent doing their usuals, playing around and learning new things from Kyungsoo Jongin never knew could happen, like trees could actually walk out of place and plant themselves somewhere else when they're still young, where their roots haven't reached deep down yet if they wanted to. And how fishes can breath above water if they weren't captured, but when they were, their gills would change, thus making them unable to breath because they had been chosen to be eaten, and nature had allowed the change of their gills.

 

There was so much Jongin never knew that could happen. The impossible was actually possible when he learned things only The Original Squishy knew.

 

And then when it was Jongin's birthday, Kyungsoo made him a fruit cake, literally, a fruit cake with different cut fruits just stacked together beautifully. There was actually no actually cake inside. Jongin doesn't mind though, the cake was already special enough being made by his brother Kyungsoo.

 

"Happy birthday Jongin, you're finally thirteen, and no longer a kid! Yay!" The Squishy said and clapped his hand as Jongin blew out the one candle he brought with him on the cake. "What did you wish for?"

 

"Can't tell you, it won't come true."

 

"Jongin, you're a mistake Squishy, practically a Squishy already so that rule doesn't affect you."

 

Jongin bit his bottom lip and chewed on it with a blush on his cheeks. His wish was a little impossible actually, way too impossible. "I..I - I wished for a kiss."

 

"A kiss?" Kyungsoo asked innocently, but Jongin could see something in his eyes and that's when it hit him that Kyungsoo knew all along! He knew, and he had known ever since they started living together!

 

"You - y - " Jongin was at lost of words to say. Kyungsoo should've said something if he knew, now Jongin just felt pathetic for over looking the fact that Kyungsoo was The Original Squishy, who could read minds and know everything just by looking at them! So he already knew what Jongin had been thinking a long time ago.

 

"Yes, I knew. Are you mad at me Jongin?"

 

Jongin huffed a few times, still feeling a tantrum coming up before sighing dejectively and shaking his head. He wasn't mad, just a little disappointed he wasn't told to stop or keep thinking what he was thinking. He could be going the wrong direction and Kyungsoo didn't tell him to stop. He'll just have to end up hurt before knowing it was time to stop.

 

"You're not going the wrong direction," Kyungsoo whispered, reaching over to grasp Jongin's hand, "you're actually going the right way, the way I led you to go. You didn't think I let you live with me just because you're my brother and you're a mistake Squishy right? No, I told before you I feel the bond, and I let you stay because I like you too, Jongin. You're not the only one here."

 

Jongin looked up slowly, not knowing what to expect.

 

"Come here."

 

Jongin scooted closer, eyes staring questionably.

 

Kyungsoo leaned up to press their lips together, lasting not even two seconds before pulling back, "There's your birthday wish."

 

Jongin's lips was tangling, his cheeks flaring with heat, and he wanted more. He cupped The Squishy's cheek in his hand to lean down and press their lips together again. His heart shaped lips were just as soft as Jongin had thought. This kiss lasted longer, and less shy, but in the end, still resulted to the same end of blushing faces and wide smiles.

 

*

 

"Jongin I will kill you!!" Jongin heard Kyungsoo shriek behind him, and not knowing what to do, because The Squishy was so close already, there would be no point in trying to run, he decides to just tuck his head and cover it with his arms because Kyungsoo was a violent Squishy. A smack on his right, his left, on top, and a punch to his stomach before he was engulfed into a hug, and his arms instinctively unravel to wrap around the smaller waist.

 

"I will seriously kill you Jongin."

 

"But hyungggg!" He whined, nuzzling his nose into the intoxicating smell that was Kyungsoo. He had grown taller, but that doesn't mean Jongin hadn't grown too, he was still a head taller than Kyungsoo, and sometimes he used that to his advantage by scooping the other up into his arms and just forcefully taking him to his desired place for them to kiss.

 

Animal eyes were always on them, Jongin had figured that out a few years ago when he spotted an owl watching them make out. It was an awkward situation because Jongin was also a Squishy, so making out with another Squishy who was The Original right in front of a nature animal felt uncomfortable.

 

"You messed up our home, that room was perfect the way it was before! It's the only room there is and you decide to move everything around! It looks so ugly now." Kyungsoo hissed, smacking his hand against Jongin's back. It didn't hurt, because Kyungsoo never really intend to hurt him, Jongin just liked to act like it hurt so that it would satisfy The Squishy.

 

"But we've had the room your way for nine years! I wanted a change - "

 

" - well you should've told me so we can change it together! You ran away because you knew you'd be in trouble, didn't you? Because the room is so ugly." Another smack was landed on his arm, and Jongin faked a groan.

 

"I just wanted to surprise you. Since you were gone all day and I was bored, I decided to rearrange the room. It was great at first....until I messed up somewhere." Jongin mumbled, feeling his cheeks blush. God yes he was embarrassed. Even he would like to admit that the room looked like a mess, and very very ugly too. He didn't have time to fix it when he felt Kyungsoo's presence nearing. It was either escape or get killed.

 

"And you ran."

 

"Yeah, I ran. Because you were gonna kill me."

 

"You know I will." Kyungsoo said, chuckling and his breath tickling Jongin's collarbone. They pulled back to press their foreheads together before Kyungsoo tilted his chin up to connect their lips. His lips got softer over the years, and much much plumper too. Jongin could spend all his days just kissing The Squishy's lips if the latter let him. Sadly, Kyungsoo wasn't the type to let everything go Jongin's way, and the more he wanted something, the more Kyungsoo would oppose of it.

 

Jongin was being tortured by The Squishy; nature's peace. Peace. Could you believe that? He was peace, yet all the things he'd done to Jongin was nothing but violence. If they weren't brothers, what would have nature did to Kyungsoo everytime he smacked Jongin? It would be hard to find out, because they were brothers after all, and time couldn't really be turned back now to test things out.

 

When they were younger, around their teen ages, Kyungsoo always seemed nicer, even if they liked each other, their fire and water relationship was still going on, but he just seemed nicer, unlike now where he took every chance he had to smack Jongin straight on the head. There was probably small bumps growing all over Jongin's head.

 

Kyungsoo was the first to break the kiss, pushing Jongin away before glaring at him. There they go again, flowers and bees were gone, fire and water was back. "I can't believe I kissed you. You messed up our room, I should be mad." He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyebrows.

 

Jongin laughed, his voice booming deeply and huskily. "Kyungsoo admit it that you can't resist me. I don't remember the last time I kissed you first, you're always the one initiating our kisses nowadays." Jongin pointed out, remembering that the last month, their every kiss they shared were all the ones Kyungsoo put on him.

 

"Be quiet Jongin, or else you won't get anymore - no, you know what, that's exactly what I'm going to do because you ruined our room, you're not getting kisses, hugs, or to even hold my hand for a week." The victorious smile on his face immediately faded when Jongin laughed, "Not even for a month Kyungsoo? Gosh you're weak. A week is so short. I can live with that."

 

Kyungsoo groaned, did a few cute stomps before hissing at Jongin, "Fine! A month! Let's see how long you're going to last!" And before he went into the tree behind him, he added, "We're visiting mom tomorrow. Don't touch me there either."

 

Wait, he was serious? Jongin thought it was their usual jokes. Either way, he just shrugged it off and followed The Squishy back.

 

Jongin was now twenty two, and Kyungsoo was twenty three. They hadn't changed much, and probably never going to change. The Squishy had given him the info after he turned twenty two that after he turned twenty three, he was going to stop aging and remain looking like that forever. So as of now, Kyungsoo would stop aging and remain his adorable self forever. Don't tell Kyungso that Jongin thought he was adorable, Jongin doesn't want to die in his lovers hand.

 

Inside their room, Kyungsoo was moving everything back to its original place where it had been for nine years. Now that Jongin gave thoughts into it, he actually likes it better the way it was before he moved everything around. "Need any help Kyungsoo? You seem to be struggling."

 

"Stop thinking I'm adorable, I will kill you."

 

"Ahh you read my mind. Darn it."

 

"I always do, and I always hear things I don't want to hear, you bastard."

 

Jongin blushed. "I swear, one dream, just one! Okay I lied, maybe a few, a lot, but whatever, it was just a dream."

 

"If you haven't noticed, or maybe you forgot because I told you this on your fifteenth birthday that we are bonded, and where you dream, I dream, so when you touch me in your dream, it's actually me. Not some dream Kyungsoo."

 

Jongin smirked. Of course he knew, that's why he prayed eveynight to have the same dream. "And maybe that's why I enjoy the dreams so much, duh, because it's not really a dream, but something as real as you and I right now."

 

"Ughh I hate you."

 

"So technically, we've done it, although we really haven't."

 

"Stop! I don't want to hear about it! Sometimes I wish I couldn't read your thoughts, it's everyday that I hear you telling me to undress myself."

 

"I do that on purpose." Jongin deadpanned, the smirk on his lips a little too wicked and proud.

 

"Ughhh!! I really want to kill you."

 

"Then do it."

 

"I don't want to!"

 

"Exactly, because you love me."

 

"I hate you so much Jongin."

 

"I love you too Kyungsoo."

 

*

 

Just like Kyungsoo said, Jongin wasn't allowed to touch him at all, not even when they were sleeping. But dreams didn't count right? Because it was yet again, another great dream. In the dream, Kyungsoo didn't stop him from touching him, he was actually sprawled out and ready for Jongin to dive in. Let's not get too engrossed in a dream.

 

At their mother's cottage, they hugged her separately instead of together like they usually do when they visit. Their mother found it odd of course, but didn't question it. "How's it been kids? Taking care of everything well?"

 

'Take your clothes off.' Jongin's voice echoed in Kyungsoo's ear, "Everything has been well mom."

 

'Take your clothes off.'

 

"That's good to hear then. How about you Jongin, eating well?" She asked.

 

'I love you.' "The fruits have grown into my favorite food mom!"

 

'Oohhhh the birds fly high.' Kyungsoo felt like digging his ear out. Jongin on the other hand felt like wanting to burst out laughing, because The Squishy was hearing his every thought.

 

"Was there a fight? Why are you two acting so weird?" Their mother asked. So she noticed something different? Very observant.

 

"It's nothing mom. Kyungsoo just wants me to suffer because he doesn't want me to kiss him, hug him, or hold his hand for a whole month." Jongin explained. Yeah, she knew of their relationship, although she was quite shocked at first when she caught them kissing, but all was well now. She was an understanding woman and a mother.

 

"That's harsh."

 

"No it's not mom. Jongin deserves it." Kyungsoo hissed, glaring at Jongin.

 

She laughed melodically, "Oh my, you two are so adorable!"

 

"Mom!" Both whined at the same time.

 

"Hush now kids. I'm meeting up with a few friends in the cottage up north. Go find Joonmyeon and Chanyeol and have fun or something. I missed you two." She places pecks onto each other their cheeks before leaving. Jongin found it hard that she would miss them, she was always busy. But it was good that she was an active woman, that way she would stay healthy.

 

"Still can't touch you?"

 

Kyungsoo ignored him.

 

"Okay, I'll just go play with Joonmyeon then, bye hyung!" Before Kyungsoo could utter a word, Jongin was already out the door. A frustrated huff left his lips.

 

Jongin skipped down the road and towards Joonmyeon's cottage. Their villages were very close to each other, not even a few minutes walk. When he reached his friends cottage, he didn't bother to knock and went on inside. Chanyeol and Joonmyeon were both busy arm wrestling. Jongin had always thought Chanyeol was stronger because he was taller, anyone would think that of course, but when he saw Joonmyeon claim his win victoriously, and the taller had lost, he couldn't help but laugh.

 

"Yah! I can't believe you lost!"

 

"Jongin! Oh hey! I haven't seen you since last week!" Chanyeol got up to give him a tight hug. Joonmyeon did the same.

 

"Been busy with stuff." Jongin replied.

 

"Ah I see, stuff." Joonmyeon giggled almost too unmanly like, and Jongin knew instantly what was going on in the older's head. Dirty minds sure think alike, because Chanyeol was also giggling.

 

"Guys it's not like that, I wasn't busy with that. But to be honest, because you two are my best friends, me and Kyungsoo haven't gotten to that stage yet, so don't expect too much."

 

"Hey, you're twenty two, and a !" Chanyeol teased.

 

"I'm not, well, I'm not really into those things."

 

"You just say so because you haven't got any." Joonmyeon nudged him on the rib playfully.

 

"Maybe I don't want any. This is Kyungsoo we're talking about, he wouldn't even let me touch his squishy belly unless we're sleeping." Jongin mumbled, remembering the first time Kyungsoo made him touch his belly to prove he was a Squishy. It was cute, his belly was cute. Even now, Kyungsoo's belly was still squishy. And it was very warm when he wrapped his tan arms around it.

 

"I feel bad for you Jongin, Kyungsoo is a tough one. I guess you'll just have to wait - " Joonmyeon sounded very honest, Jongin almost fell for it, but, " - wait until never!" And they both laugh.

 

"You guys are bastards." Jongin pouted. He wasn't that mad, because he was willing to wait, as long as it took. They have until they were a hundred, and that was enough time for it to happen somewhere in between.

 

"I know we are, but really though, it'll happen sooner than you think. It comes naturally." Joonmyeon, now sounding more honest, patted him on the shoulder. Chanyeol nodded too, then he quickly looked around before asking, "Where's Kyungsoo anyways?"

 

"Oh, he wants me to suffer by not letting me touch him, but I think I'm doing fine." Jongin shrugged. He did feel fine, not really that desperate to touch Kyungsoo yet. Note the  yet. Maybe it's because he had his two idiot friends with him to occupy his mind

 

"You're going to get him more mad like that." Chanyeol said.

 

"Like what?" He was slightly confused.

 

"He wants you to thirst for him, not like what you're going right now."

 

"But that's what girls want ew!" Jongin retorted. Girls, don't get him started. All they want was attention, and they're so confusing, never settling their mind on one thing, and it's a constant hassle to try and figure out their puzzle. What's at the end might not be anything at all. Nine years past, Jongin had learned a lot of things, in fact, he'd experienced the same kind of hassle that made him want to pull at his scalp with Kyungsoo. He's just so confusing at times and act like a .... Oh. Oh.

 

"Well yeah, unless you're trying to say that Kyungsoo is the guy in your relationship, then I suggest you start thirsting for him." Joonmyeon said.

 

Kyungsoo was the girl in their relationship.

 

Jongin was about to roll his eyes when a certain voice interrupted his concentration. "Jongin." The voice was crisp and clear, and sharp, probably if in a form, Jongin would've been cut into pieces. It was Kyungsoo. It could only be Kyungsoo.

 

"Yeah?" Jongin answered, turning around with an unsure smile. The glare directed at him was deadly, and if looks could kill, Jongin would've been laying dead on the floor, with possible pools of blood around him because as an added bonus, Kyungsoo would've grabbed some knives and stabbed him too. The thought gave him chills.

 

The Squishy doesn't answer, instead came towards him with heavy steps and grabbed his wrist, "wait - I thought no touching Kyungso - " Jongin tried to say, tried to state the obvious that The Squishy had his hand on Jongin when they've agreed already they shouldn't touch for a month, but he was already being dragged out by an obviously angry Kyungsoo.

 

"Bye Jongin, have fun!" His two friends waved. What were they talking about? Have fun? Heck no he was going to get murdered!!

 

"K-Kyungsoo wait - wait what's gotten into you? Are you that mad at me? I'm sorry, I uh..just tell me what's wrong please?"

 

No answer. They entered a tree nearby and came into their room, where Kyungsoo immediately hugged him tightly. "Touch me."

 

"What?" Jongin tilted his head to the side, his hand awkwardly in the air, not knowing whether to wrap them around Kyungsoo's waist or not. What if he did and The Squishy attacked him?

 

"Enough dreams, I want it to be real." Kyungsoo whispered, looking up at him with hooded eyes. Wait, hooded eyes? What?

 

"Dreams...? Real..?" Jongin was still processing everything. Until it smacked him like how Kyungsoo would smack his head all the time, but before he could reply, his awkward hand in the air was already placed on Kyungsoo's belly, "Touch here." His hand was moved upwards, under the fabric of Kyungsoo's clothes, "Touch here." His hand ran against hard s.

 

Whoa, Jongin felt his soul leave his body. Was that...really Kyungsoo's ? And it was perked hard. The heartbeat against his palm was fast and stuttering almost too beautifully. "Kyungsoo..."

 

"I've probably been a little....bipolar because of all these built up frustrations. Help me release please Jongin? I need you." His voice was soft and a little shaky, just the way he should be.

 

"Gladly Kyungsoo..." Jongin muttered, already dipping down to connect their lips, nibbling and the others lips. Joonmyeon and Chanyeol sure knew their stuff, everything did come sooner than what Jongin had thought. He was sure maybe it would be another nine years later before he would get to touch Kyungsoo in these places, but just a few minutes ago, he was still talking to them, and now, he was doing this.

 

The moan that he received from Kyungsoo was arousing. Jongin led them back to their bed to lay Kyungsoo down first without disconnecting their lips before climbing on top, setting himself in between the Squishy's thighs. He could feel their s pressing against one another and the little friction in between them made their warm room even warmer, almost heating hot.

 

This was Jongin's first time ever touching, or even getting on top of Kyungsoo in such an...arousing way, from before he's always laid beside the other, only reaching his arm across to balance himself when they kiss. This was new, yet familiar.

 

In his dreams, Jongin and Kyungsoo had been through this many times. He'd heard the others moan, his pleads, but Jongin was sure nothing from their dream was going to match with what was about to happen. This was going to be real, Jongin was going to feel it on his, feel Kyungsoo around him.

 

"Jongin...." He was already breathless, fingernails digging into Jongin's shoulder blades to pull him closer as Jongin trailed wet kisses down the expanse of pale neck. "Touch me more..."

 

Jongin obliged without hesititation. Although he wasn't that much of a guy, this had been on his mind for a while now, and to finally get permission to touch Kyungsoo in places he'd only breamt of felt like a dream come true. Jongin's hands slid under The Squishy's shirt once more to play with his s before pulling his shirt off. He'd seen Kyungsoo's body before, especially when they were younger, but never got the chance to explore it. Now was probably the time.

 

Kisses were placed down his chest to his belly and to his hip bone.

 

"You're being unfair.." Kyungsoo moaned, cheeks flushed as he tugged at Jongin's shirt, "take this off."

 

Jongin chuckled, doing as he was told then going back to worshiping The Squishy's body. He had managed to finally grow those toned abs he'd mentioned all those nine years ago, and as Kyungsoo ran his finger nails over his skin, he could almost hear the sizzling of in the air. "You're beautiful Kyungsoo.." Jongin mumbled before tracing his tongue over a particularly mesmerizing mole. "so beautiful.."

 

His pants came next, and what was revealed was a hard leaking with precum. Jongin wasn't into the teasing, nor was he into the kinks, he just wanted to show Kyungsoo love, that he loved Kyungsoo so much. He kissed the tip gently with his lips, tasting the saltiness that settled perfectly on his taste buds before entering the head in, then he took in as much as possible into his cavern.

 

Kyungsoo's was deafening. He was loud, but it was a good thing they were on a different dimension, because no matter how hard anyone listened, they'll only hear the silence. Jongin liked the moans that entered his ear everytime he swallowed around the shaft. He too was hard in his own pants, and release was what he needed.

 

"St-stop...I can't come now...enter me Jongin, I need you i-inside." Jongin was pushed off with a pop, Kyungsoo was whimpering, and biting onto his lip to suppress any sounds from coming through. He was doing a bad job at it though, because his moans were still pretty loud, just what Jongin wanted it to be like.

 

Jongin was taken by surprise when The Squishy's hand cupped the strain in his pants. He bucked into the hand, loving the friction. What surprised Jongin even more was when that hand reached inside his pants and wrapped long fingers around his , pumping slowly to get him even harder. "Kyungsoo...gnhhh.."

 

"I need you Jongin."

 

"I need you too."

 

Jongin's pants were discarded a few moments later, the tip of his aligned with Kyungsoo's entrance. He rubbed his precum on the puckered hole, noticing how it wasn't as...tightly sealed as it should be, if Jongin was to push in, he was sure his tip would enter with ease. "I prepped myself...."

 

"When did you have the time?"

 

"And you wonder where I go off all day Jongin. I had my reasons." Kyungsoo had the decency to smirk, inching his entrance closer to Jongin's tip.

 

"Oh....you sly fox. Who's the bastard now? Huh?"

 

"Shut it. I - I couldn't ask you, I was embarrassed."

 

"So you run off to finger yourself somewhere and leave me to think you were helping nature?"

 

Kyungsoo was blushing by now. Jongin smiled at his adorableness and leaned down to kiss him, and at the same time, he entered. The warmth around him felt like heaven, Angels were singing near by, Jongin could hear them. His s were easy, slow, deep and just enough to show his affection, his love. They weren't just having , this was love.

 

*

 

Jongin woke up to his arms wrapped around a squishy belly, and his cheek pressed up against a pale back. He squeezed his hand gently, feeling the flab in his hand, and then a groan was heard from Kyungsoo, "Jongin stop touching me."

 

"You weren't saying that earlier."

 

"Ughhh I hate you."

 

"I love you too."

 

After a moment, Kyungsoo finally turned around, wrapping his arms around Jongin's waist as well, "Thank you Jongin."

 

"For what?"

 

"For loving me."

 

"I can never stop. Never."

 

"And I hope you don't, because I'll kill you."

 

"I love your threats hyung. I think I've grown immune to them."

 

"I will seriously kill you."

 

"Then do it."

 

"I don't want to."

 

"Why is that?"

 

"Because I love you Jongin."

 

Yeah, their relationship was still fire and water, but when the bees and flowers come out, Jongin couldn't wish for a better relationship. He'd caught a Squishy, and caged him in his heart for enternity.


 

A/n: so yap, this is it. Dumb idea equals dumb fic. This fic was mostly fluff...except that few last paragraphs of . :>


Thank you for reading!!!