English

Perfect 10

It was the first day of the new semester, and you were already grouchy at that fact alone. The only thing keeping your mood from y was that your first class wasn’t until noon. But, it was also your English class and that was torture. You sighed, walking into the lecture hall.

 

You stopped, narrowing your eyes at the teacher in the front of the classroom. Why did he look your age? Why was he super attractive as well?

 

“Is this our TA, or…?” You asked, sitting down slowly beside some random girl near the front. She shook her head, giggling like a gross teenage girl.

 

“No! That’s professor Kim! He’s new, and he’s super hot!” She exclaimed, whispering the last part. You rolled your eyes, but you didn’t disagree. He was pretty damn easy on the eyes.

 

He cleared his throat a few minutes later, signaling the start of class.

 

“Hello, I am Professor Kim. I hope you’re all here for English…” He said, his voice loud. You heard a couple of girls giggling around you, and you crossed your arms and huffed.

 

“Usually professors tell you things about themselves but that’s boring, so I’m opening the mic to you guys. What are you curious about?” He asked, taking a seat in the chair next to the podium, scanning the crowd for hands. It took a few minutes, but one of the girls grew some courage, Professor Kim calling on her.

 

“Uhm, how old are you, if you don’t mind me asking?” She questioned quietly. The professor chuckled lightly, a cocky smirk on his face. You felt your eyes roll uncontrollably.

 

“I am twenty-four.” He said, some people making confused faces at his young age. “I’ll be twenty-five soon.” He clarified, but people were still confused.

 

“Let’s just say I’m a really good English teacher.” He bragged, and you already wanted to get up and leave.

 

-

 

The questions went on for a little longer, focusing more on his teaching style and what was expected from him. When that was finished, he began passing out some papers, walking up the aisles.

 

He got to your aisle, and gave you a weird look before handing the papers over. You reached for them, but stopped, noticing the look on his face.

 

“What?” You asked, not meaning to sound so rude.

“Nothing, I just don’t think that your choice of dress is very appropriate.” He said quietly, as to not let the entire class hear. Too bad, because you literally barked out in laughter.

 

“Are you serious right now?” You asked, giving him an offended look as you glanced down at your v-neck. “You’re four years older than me, so I don’t really think that gives you any reason to tell me how to dress. Besides, what, are we in grade school?” You mouthed off, clamping a hand over your mouth at the outburst, face going momentarily red.

 

You didn’t expect his eyes crinkling in laughter, a hand covering his mouth as he laughed into it. Your eyes grew confused as you looked up at him.

 

“No, you’re completely right! I’m acting like an old bat!” He laughed, handing you the papers again. “Thank you.” He said, smiling at you and making his way toward the back.

 

Weird.

 

-

 

The rest of the class went smoothly, albeit some of the girls practically swooning over the professor. English was your least favorite subject, and you were glad when he dismissed class.

 

You heard your name called, though; you and a few others turning around to see who wanted what. It was your professor. You made a confused look at him, pointing at yourself in question. He nodded.

 

“Can you stay for a few minutes?” He asked, and you internally groaned. You were probably going to get scolded for mouthing off to him earlier. Great.

 

You walked up to the front of the lecture hall, standing there awkwardly as he sorted through papers, waiting until the hall was completely empty.

 

“I just want to say that I’m sorry…” You began, but he held up a hand to make you stop.

 

“No, no. I’m the one who should be sorry. It was out of my place to say that to you.” He apologized, smiling softly at you. You nodded slowly, checking your phone quickly for the time.

 

“W-was that all, or?” You asked, pointing a thumb over your shoulder to signal that you had a class to get to.

 

“Actually, real quick… I was a student last year here.” He began, and you internally groaned because you were going to be late to your next class. “My name is Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun? I don’t know if you’re familiar with me.” He said, the name not ringing any bells.

 

“No, I’m sorry, should I be?” You asked, trying not to sound annoyed.

 

“Oh, no, that’s okay. We had a couple classes and a few labs together.” He smiled at you, and you didn’t know what to do because where was this even going?

 

“I just wanted to let you know that I’ve had the biggest crush on you since our first lab.” He blurted, scratching at the back of his neck.

 

Well, that was unexpected. This felt like high school.

 

“O-oh. Really?” You asked, feeling yourself blush. He simply nodded, his cheeks a light shade of pink as well.

 

“I, uhm, I don’t know if you already have a boyfriend or anything… but… I was wondering, if you don’t already have someone of course, if you wanted to maybe go out sometime?” He rambled; stuttering over words and it was honestly kind of cute.

 

You felt yourself smile, not able to hold it in.

 

“No, I’m not seeing anyone, actually.” You said, his face lighting up at the words. “And I’d love to go out sometime.”

 

“Awesome!” He said, smiling like a thousand suns. “Uhm… here.” He said, looking around and grabbing a scrap piece of paper. He scribbled down his number quickly, handing it to you.

 

“You can call me, or text me, whichever. Whenever you’re free, of course.” He said, still blushing lightly. You felt your heart swell at how cute he was being. Nodding happily, you took the paper.

 

“Will do! I’ll talk to you later, Jonghyun. Er… Professor Kim. No, that sounds weird.” You said, making him laugh loudly. You bid him farewell again, tucking the paper into your pocket and heading to your next class that started ten minutes ago.

 

Not that you really cared right now. 

 

------------------------

This will hopefully be a three-shot! This was literally a dream I had last night lol it was great.