[ TaeKai ] 잘 지내더라 (You've Moved On)

Of Songs, Prompts and Ships
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Broken TaeKai ]  잘 지내더라 (You've Moved On)

I thought you would be in a lot of pain, too, but you've moved on.

--

The break up is the worst part of a relationship. It involves broken hearts and tears. People say that if you love someone, you would set him free. Kim Jongin calls this bull. He had once done that, and it was the worst regret he ever had. When he let go of that one person, he knows he broke both their hearts. Jongin wonders why people call it a broken heart when it feels like every part of you is broken as well.

For weeks, he couldn't sleep because he was always there. Jongin saw him everywhere- he could feel him. But that was impossible because he wasn't. He was somewhere far away, out of reach. 

Jongin longed to feel those lips against his, to hold on to that body like it was his lifeline, to look into those beautiful eyes and tell him how much he cared- how much he loved.

There are nights when Jongin swears Taemin is lying beside him, breathing the same air, head on his chest. But before he could even touch, he faded into thin air.No matter how much Jongin tried to hold on to him, Taemin always slipped through his fingers.

It's unhealthy, Jongin knows this much, but his thoughts always drifted to him.

It's always Taemin, its always been him. No matter how hard he tried, no matter how much alcohol he drank, it was always him. Taemin's laugh. Taemin's shy smiles. Taemin's playful teasing. Taemin. Day and night. How is he? Where is he? Does he miss me? Does he still think of me?

There are endless questions, yet there are no answers.

-

It was typical night out. Jongin's friends had invited him to have dinner- a friendly get together after the gruesome exams.

Lively chatter filled the table as the boys ate. Jongin merely kept his head low, poking his food uninterestedly and only speaking when referred to. They were talking too loud for his liking and sonehow he wished he had just stayed home. Jongin tried to tone them out.

"- saw Taemin today."

And then there was silence. Jongin lifted his head up to find eleven pairs of curious eyes staring at him.

"What?" Jongin hated the way his voice quivered.

"I said I saw Taemin today. At the cafe." Sehun softly repeats.

"He's back?" His heart thumped painfully.

"Yeah." Sehun trailed off, looking away with a rather guilty expression, "I invited him to join us."

Jongi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter