You belong with me pt.1

Story of Us

The sound of the bat hitting the ball was heard across the field as a baseball came flying through the atmosphere making the batter ran to the next base. The young lad dashed to the 3rd base then the fourth before their opponent could pass the ball.

 

“Go Dai-chan!” the loudest cheer came from the lips of a young lass whom was wearing a baggy shirt with the words ‘Watcha looking at?’ printed on it. Her long hair was tied in a ponytail securing it from whipping her face once the wind goes the opposite direction.

 

            The boy on the filled finally reached the last base however, the opponent was able to pass the ball to his teammate the same time the young lad came. A smoke of dust enveloped the two to prevent anyone from seeing the outcome of their practice game.

 

            Everyone kept silent, the girl whom was cheering a while ago crossed her fingers as she waited for the dust clear up.

 

“SAVE!” a shout was heard from the field making the girl scream in happiness as she jump for joy.

 

Daiki Arioka once again proved himself to his expectations even during his practice game. The young lad looks up to where the girl was standing and waved at her. Seeing him with that heart melting smile the young lass just couldn’t help but feel her heart skip a bit. The girl grinned and waved back. He then made a signal sign for her to wait there before he ran off this only made her grin grow wide.

 

It didn’t take long for the boy to reach her and as soon as he did she handed him a towel and water.

 

“You did great.” commented the girl.

 

Daiki only grinned. “I always do, don’t I?” he said with a wink.

 

A blush crept on the girl’s cheek, fortunately the lad was busy drinking the water making him oblivious of the girl’s tainted cheek.

 

“Ahhh” he said as he wiped the remaining water on his lips. “That was good, thanks.” he smiled yet again.

 

Daiki all of a sudden started to look around as if looking for somebody. “Neh, have you seen Shizu-chan? She said she’ll be here.”

 

That name made the girl’s blood boil in envy but she didn’t showed it. “Iie, I didn’t saw her around she might be busy again you know her sh-”

 

“Dai-chan!” A familiar voice cut her off.

 

She saw the look on Daiki’s face knowing full well whom that voice belonged to.  His face lit up and an excited smile crept on his lips as soon as a girl came to their view.

“-or she could be here.” She muttered to the boy before he left.

 

Shizuna Saito, that’s her name. The girl that Daiki keeps on waiting for. The only girl he talks about and never gets tired of the topic.

 

A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she followed the boy.

 

“I thought you forgot again.” He pouted.

“I was from start to finish.” Shizuna smiled. “Would you stop with the pout? I should be the one doing that since you didn’t noticed me!” She puffed her cheek.

“Gomen gomen. Can a hug make you feel better?” He said opening his arms wide.

“No! I would feel better if you take a shower first before that hug!” Shizuna laughed.

“Oh really now?” Daiki smirked.

 

“Ahem” came the voice of Daiki’s companion. She felt totally ignored by the boy. She always feels this way every time Shizuna arrives! It just made her hate the girl more.

 

But she can’t do anything, he loved Shizuna I mean, who wouldn’t. She’s smart, talented and she’s even the captain of the cheerleader’s team but worst of all she was Daiki’s girlfriend. Why can’t she be Shizuna?  Why?!