end

You Give Me Breath (Sequel to "You Take My Breath Away")

 

 

                                                                16cd6d209e5242136805276d626be990.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I looked out into the crowd to find my girlfriend. Minah sat next to my parents, her phone held high above her head. She was glowing, and it made me smile at how adorable she looked trying to take pictures of me. The principal called my classmates’ names until it was my turn.

 

“Jung Taekwoon, for outstanding work on the soccer team, you have been chosen by your coach and teammates as the soccer player to receive the award for best player of the year.” The crowd roared and I instinctively looked out towards Minah. She was lost in the vast sea of people. I accepted my award and got in line with my class, awaiting for the rest of the students to be called up.

 

When the whole ceremony was finished, all of the students and guests left the auditorium. Everyone gathered in the courtyard to hear the principal's final speech. It was short and I don’t remember much of it, but once it was over I immediately started searching for Minah. Last week she turned nineteen, and I didn’t want to wait any longer. She was the one.

 




 

I felt so proud of Leo. He finally finished school, while I had another year left. We are the same age, but I am behind because of my illness. Oh! And it has actually been getting a little better with the help of Leo and his family. I feel so lucky to have him by my side. I held my phone higher above my head, attempting to take as many pictures of him as possible. It was then his turn to receive his awards.

 

“Jung Taekwoon, for outstanding work on the soccer team, you have been chosen by your coach and teammates as the soccer player to receive the award for best player of the year.” The crowd rose to their feet, and because of my short stature, I could no longer see Leo.

 

As the ceremony finished, all of the guests started making their way to the courtyard in front of the school. The principal gave a short speech about how proud he was of all the students and such, and then left the crowd to mix and mingle. I searched around for Leo, spotting Hakyeon looking around instead. I headed over towards him and asked him where Leo was, but he simply shrugged. I nodded and turned away.Looking through the crowd, I saw Leo and his parents talking. I pushed my way through the crowd and finally caught up to them. Suspiciously, they all shut their mouths and looked at me.

 

“Well, I think its time we go home.” Leo’s father said as he patted Leo’s shoulder and exchanged silent words with him. Leo’s mother came over and gave me a tight hug, then did the same with Leo. We waved at them good bye and then turned to find Leo’s friends.

 

After taking pictures with everyone, Leo told me to go to our old music class. I made my way through the building by myself. When I reached the doors of the music room, I noticed a note with Leo’s handwriting on it. It read “first meeting” on it. I pushed the doors open to find that all of the desks had been moved except for two- Leo’s desk and my desk. There was a red rose that lay on my desk, and a letter on Leo’s desk.

 

“On the first day of school, I prayed that the school year would go by quickly. But then, I saw you, and I knew I wanted this year to last forever. I wanted to be the one to make you laugh. I wanted to hold you when you cried. I wanted to be the first thing you saw when you would wake up, and the last thing you saw before falling asleep.


 

Go to your locker.” I smiled to myself as I folded the letter and put it in my purse. I made my way to my locker, where another red rose and letter were. I removed the tape that held both items and opened the letter that had “second meeting” on it.

 

“After the day you fainted in the hall, I gathered the courage to tell you to call me oppa here. It was a thought that invaded my mind many times. But in that moment, it was no longer just a thought, but an actual reality.


 

Go to the auditorium.” I folded this letter and put it in my purse with the other one. As I made my way to the auditorium, I noticed the lack of noise outside and stopped to check the time. Most people had already left. I paused in front of the auditorium doors and took a deep breath. Why did I feel so nervous? I pushed the doors to find it the same way as the classroom. All of the chairs, except for the one where I sat, were up against the wall. My chair had another rose and letter resting on it. I took the rose and admired the way Leo wrote “The Beginning of Forever” on the top.

 

“The day we shared our first kiss was the day we became a couple. On the roof was where we started. And so on the roof shall be the beginning of something else, something better. Something stronger.


 

Go to the roof.” My heart was beating rapidly by now. What was Leo planning?

 




 

 

I finished tying my tie and grabbed the bouquet of red roses. Looking in the mirror, I spoke to myself.

 

“Alright Taekwoon, this is it. It is now time to act. No more dreaming. Today, I will make it a reality.” With that said, I straightened my suit and headed out of the bathroom. I rushed to the roof and admired the way the guys decorated it. They hung christmas lights around the table with my last letter, which had rose petals scattered around it. I would have to thank them later for their help. I took my position behind the bush next to the roof door. I would silently come out while Minah reads the letter and ask her the question that has been on my mind for months now.




 


 

 

I pushed open the door that led to the roof. Christmas lights hung around a table with rose petals on it. I approached the table carefully and opened the letter on it.

 

“Minah,

       If today I were to forget how to be happy, all it would take for me to learn again is to see your smile. If I were to forget how to feel sad, all it would take for me to learn again is to see you upset. If I were to ever forget how to love, all it would take to remember is to hold you close and feel your heart beat harder in your chest. I love you like I can love no other. You complete me, and everyday that we spend together only makes it more obvious what I want. I don’t want to be your boyfriend anymore. I want to be your rock. Your knight in shining armor. Your wings. I want to be with you for the rest of my life.

                        Turn around.”

 

My heart was racing. I folded the letter and slipped it back into its envelope. I took a deep breath and turned around slowly, not knowing what to expect.

 

Leo stood in front of the door, a light blush tinting his cheeks. He took a step forward and then cleared his throat.

 

“Minah, I love you.” This stunned me. Not because he’s never said it before, but because he’s never said it so boldly.

 

“I-I love you too Leo.” After I said this he took a deep breath, got on one knee and pulled a ring out of his pocket.

 

“Will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me Minah?” My vision blurred slightly and I couldn’t speak. I placed my right hand over my mouth and nodded. He smiled his beautiful, shy smile and slipped the ring onto my left ring finger. He got up and kissed my lips, then placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

 

“Jung Minah. I like that way that sounds.” He said quietly as he wiped my tears away. I giggled softly and he led me back to the front of the school.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~1 year later~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leo’s hand clutched mine as we waited in the waiting room. I had been sick for a whole week now, vomiting non-stop. The nurse called us and led us to the doctor’s office. Inside, we sat side by side in the chairs in front of the doctor’s desk.

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Jung, if I am correct you have been married for about two months now?” We both nodded nervously. The doctor smiled at us, laughing slightly.

 

“Your asthma has gotten much better, to the point where you rarely use your inhaler, am I correct?” I nodded. These questions were making me so nervous I thought I would cry.

 

“I am proud to say that your vomiting isn’t all that serious. Its actually quite normal for a woman to experience vomiting and nausea when she’s pregnant. I recommend trying some natural remedies for-”

 

“Pregnant?” Leo asked quietly. I felt a wave of relief fall over me.

 

“Yes. As in expecting a child. Now, as I was saying, try some natural remedies for the nausea and vomiting. I have pamphlets for all of your questions and I will write my cell phone number down in case you need anything at all.” After collecting the pamphlets and filling out some paper work we went to our apartment. Leo tucked me into bed before I could protest. He began making a tea and some soup. He returned and rubbed his hand gently on my still flat stomach.

 

“We’re going to be the best parents in the world. Thank you so much baby.” He leaned over and captured my lips in a chaste kiss. He then moved his hands so that he was holding me and proceeded to play with my hair until I was almost asleep.

 

“I love you Leo.”

 

“I love you too, Minah.”

 

                                                                                  


tumblr_ms3h00cnh31rimltzo1_500.gif

Funny-Kpop-Gifs-kpop-32466467-480-220.gi

tumblr_m8rcmnhim11qlfyjgo1_500.gif

>~< the fluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuff lol hope you all enoyed the story~ 

Nani :)