Chapter One ▲ BaoFei, Vera

To Be Titled...

"....And we shall grow stronger each and every day; fostering our strengths and not our weaknesses. I therefore pledge my allegiance to the Republic."

      Fabric rustles all around the room as everyone in the auditorium settles into their seats again. On a large screen about 300 feet wide and 250 feet tall, images of the academy were shown as one of the administrators rambles about the training done at the school. Eating hours, visiting hours, dorm hours, campus rules, etc. Some of the students began to doze off, others eagerly chatting to their neighbors. However, Vera's was drawn in too deep to leave. She recorded the hours, the facts about some dorms, and other meticulous things.

---

     The Republic's training academy is a ground to train any future militia or government justices. Every one is sent by force when they are fourteen years old if their family is not part of the upper class. The upper class's enrollment is voluntary. Students graduate when they are twenty-one years of age, a test is then taken to see what role society has to offer for them. To maintain order and peace, the Republic believes that having a strong militia and a strong group of justices will lead them success. For the last five decades however, a Great War remains between the Republic and the Monarchy.

---

     "OKAY! Attention, attention everyone. Lower classmen exit to the left, and upper classmen exit to the right. You will then be given your schedule which includes your dorm and room number, a student ID, and a student card for any purchases. Find the booth that your surname is assigned to. That is all. Enjoy your time at the Republic Academy," the headmaster walks off the stage. People start to exit in the assigned order. The ones causing the bumps and mutters of "sorry" were the new students. A girl with black hair-- as dark as ravens (almost violet) that stopped at the small of her back-- smoothly passed through the crowd, her small frame moving quickly through the hordes of people and her sharp grey eyes scanning the area to find her destination. Vera stepped in line along with the upper classmen, reading her schedule word by word. Lifting her head, she looks for the line for last names starting with A-I.

"Last name, then first name." asked the lady with red cat eye glasses fixed on the end of her nose. Vera clears before replying.

"BaoFei, Vera." nodding, the lady turns to her computer screen and with a few clicks her schedule is printed out. Shifting around, Vera watches as people take their pictures for their IDs.

"Please step in that blue square. This is for your ID and student credit card."

     Moving quite quickly, Vera bumps into a platiunum haired fellow. His eyes were a striking green, almost like emeralds. "I-I'm so sorry." She looks up at the boy, and he looks at her blankly. Is he not mad? Blinking a few times the boy laughs, ruffling her hair.

"It's cool, man. Don't worry about it." he smiled. Vera pursed her lips and patted down her hair for the picture, stepping into the blue square. FLASH. Not even a milisecond after. The system was very efficient, enrolling almost half of the Republic in an hour. After being blind for a second, Vera eyes her schedule.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Vera's face twisted in confusion, looking back at the cat-glasses lady. S? What does S mean on the ranking? And "THE SPECIAL CLASS"? What is this...am I THAT kinda special or something?