Hyung-deul

Meet My Hyung

Jinki stepped inside NIT Café and sat across the Infinite leader who beamed a smile. Jinki would never confess that he liked this hamster but he thought he was obvious enough to even care for confessions. Though he wasn’t sure if the Infinite leader liked him back the same way, he was still hoping anyway.

 

“Hey Gyu.” Jinki uttered and Sunggyu beamed him a blinding smile.

 

“Hey Onew, here’s your latte.” Sunggyu said, handing the leader the cup of coffee.

 

“Thanks!” Jinki smiled and took the cup, their fingers brushing slightly but enough to taint both cheeks with a faint pink.

 

“So I was thinking of surprising Woohyun and Key for their anniversary and would want it to be a SHINfinite collaboration.” Sunggyu started and Jinki laughed at it.

 

“SHINfinite?” Jinki asked while laughing and Sunggyu just couldn’t control his beating heart.

 

“Yeah, it exists you know, Woohyun and Key, Taemin and Sungjong, Jonghyun and Sungyeol, Dongwoo and Jonghyun and then…” Sunggyu wasn’t sure if he should continue with the enumeration.

 

 

“And?” Jinki urged him to continue and Sunggyu bit his lip then looked at Jinki nervously.

 

“You and Me.” He said and quickly looked away from the SHINee leader.

 

Jinki was surely blushing, he knew SHINfinite exists a bit, Woohyun and Key had been the popular and the only known pair but it does exist in a few shippers’ minds. “I like the last pair you know,” Jinki said before sipping his drink.

 

“You and Me?” Sunggyu asked and Jinki nodded. Sunggyu took a deep breath and battled with himself if he should take the leap or not. He sighed loudly and gathered every drop of courage he had in his body and just took the plunge. “Onew-ssi.” He called out and Jinki didn’t expect that serious tone from the leader. “I.. this is difficult.” Sunggyu was frustrated, how could he not speak three words? “Please don’t get mad at me but I like you.” Sunggyu said it softly, faint as a whisper but clear to Jinki’s ears.

 

Jinki blushed a deeper red as he heard the confession of the Infinite leader and then beamed him a small smile. Sunggyu already expected rejection, he was prepared for it but when Jinki held his hand and smiled wide at him, he gained hope.

 

“I like you too!” Jinki said and blushed even more, making Sunggyu coo at the baby in front of him; making him think how people call him old man when he behaves like a maknae.

 

They then found themselves in front of ten dongsaengs as they broke the news to them. They weren’t official yet but they were at least on the mutual understanding stage. Minho was quick to object to them moving any further, not because he hated it but because he knew how much his leader was babied by their Super Junior and TVXQ hyungs, Kyuhyun and Yunho to be exact.

 

“You have to tell Kyuhyun hyung or else he’ll have a rampage!” Minho argued and the three other SHINee members nodded in agreement.

 

“And Yunho hyung too. Hyung, you can’t date and not tell them.” Jonghyun supported Minho.

 

“He’s your leader, why do they have to ask others for permission to date?” Woohyun asked, not understanding the situation they are in.

 

“Precisely. You asked Sunggyu hyung when we first dated, I asked Onew hyung because they are our leaders but with Onew hyung, he is SM’s baby. Our sunbae-deul dotes on him and he’s treated as their group’s maknae especially Kyuhyun hyung.”  Key explained.

 

“It’s best that you two inform them before you make it official, I don’t want Heechul hyung raising hell you know.” Taemin added and Sungjong immediately second to that.

 

“Please just do it, I don’t want to see Heechul hyung mad or else we won’t be able to do that cover for AOA! I so want to dance to AOA!” Sungjong whined along.

 

“Okay, I understand, I’ll go and ask each and every hyung for permission to date you.” Sunggyu uttered and Jinki smiled at him gratefully.

 

“This means so much Gyu, Thank you.” Jinki said and Sunggyu just melted.

 

“Anything for you.” Sunggyu replied and everyone threw them repulsive looks.

 

“Hyung our eyes.. spare them the cheese!” Dongwoo uttered sarcastically which effectively earned him a throw pillow on the face.

 

 

---

“Kyuhyun hyung!” Jinki waved at the Super Junior maknae who grinned and opened his arms for the younger.

 

“I miss you dubu!” Kyuhyun uttered, hugging the soft and squishy leader and kissing the top of his forehead. “You are so damned young man. You almost lost your voice damn it!” Kyuhyun hissed and Jinki bowed to apologize.

 

“Congratulations on winning 1st place today hyun.” Jinki chirped then turned to the tall man next to Kyuhyun. “Congratulations Zhoumi hyung, though a bit late but still you did well on your Rewind promotions.” Jinki uttered and the Chinese man smiled at him.

 

“Thank you Onew.” Zhoumi remarked and Kyuhyun smiled seeing the two smile at each other; the two known SMTown artist with the sunshine smile.

 

“So, what brings you here?” Kyuhyun asked while crossing his arms across his chest as Zhoumi excused himself to go to the music room to help Ryeowook with a certain song for SJM.

 

“Well, SHINee’s preparing for a comeback after Jjong’s promotions and we have Tokyo Dome concert hyung! TOKYO DOME!!” Jinki was pure of energy and Kyuhyun can’t help but grin at the leader in front of him. He ruffled the leader’s hair which made Jinki pout like a rabbit. “It took me an hour to do my hair hyung.” Jinki uttered and Kyuhyun laughed at him.

 

“And why? Are you meeting someone? Are you going on a date?” Kyuhyun raised his brows at the younger.

 

“it’s not a date hyung.” Jinki replied, blushing slightly.

 

“And why are you blushing? Do you like someone Jinki?” Kyuhyun asked and Jinki nodded slightly while looking down to hide his flushed cheeks.

 

“What?” Kyuhyun erupted. “You can’t go on dates! You are too young to date Jinki!” Kyuhyun said and Jinki looked at him with puffed up cheeks and pouting lips.

 

“I am a year younger young and you already have a boyfriend! Why can’t I at least go out on a date? I like him hyung!” Jinki argued but Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“No! what if this guy is a ert and molests you! What if he imposes himself on you! You are too kind and people might take advantage of you!” Kyuhyun argued back.

 

Jinki was nearly crying when Zhoumi returned to get his bag that he left with Kyuhyun when he heard the conversation. “Kyu, don’t forbid Onew to date, Don’t baby him too much or else it will be Henry all over again.” Zhoumi warned as he flashed an apologetic smile towards Jinki and left the room.

 

“Please hyung!” Jinki begged and Kyuhyun sighed and glared at Jinki.

 

“He must get my approval first!” Kyuhyun uttered and Jinki nodded.

 

“I promise hyung, you’ll like him.” Jinki uttered and then hugged the hyung and kissed his cheeks, making Kyuhyun grin and hugged the leader back.

 

“Aish, why are you guys growing up so fast?” Kyuhyun sighed making Jinki chuckle.

 

---

 

The day came and Sunggyu was up early to go to a salon. He will be meeting legends and he must impress them all. Sunggyu sighed as the stylist brushed his hair and made him absolutely drop dead gorgeous; what had he got himself into?

 

He liked Jinki and perhaps if he had to climb Mt. Ahkasan, he’ll do it gladly. He knocked on the door and Jonghyun opened it for him, welcoming him inside their dorm where he heard Jinki and Key argue about his hair.

 

“What’s the fuss?” Sunggyu asked and Jonghyun grinned at him.

 

“Well, Key is insisting on styling hyung’s hair and choosing the outfit to wear.” Jonghyun answered and Sunggyu nodded. “You look damn hot hyung. Jonghyun remarked and Sunggyu thanked him.

 

“Why do I feel like I’m meeting Onew’s parents?” Sunggyu muttered to himself and Jonghyun laughed loudly.

 

“Because you are.” Jonghyun said and laughed some more.

 

Jinki stepped out of the room dressed in a casual black and grey outfit with a  pop of yellow and Sunggyu’s jaws dropped in an instant. Jinki was grinning and that wasn’t helping Sunggyu calm himself down, Jinki could be a model if he wanted to.

 

“Hey Gyu, how do I look?” Jinki tried to break the ice and Sunggyu could only bear a nod. “You look good Gyu.” Jinki uttered, blushing cutely and Sunggyu just felt his self restraint go down the drain.

 

“We should go now Onew, we are going to be late.” Sunggyu said and Jinki nodded.

 

The SHINee leader reminded s of manners and then out he went with Sunggyu and down the parking lot where Jinki parked his car.  Then they drove to Mouse Rabbit where all his hyungs had gathered for the meeting.

 

 

***

 

“This better be good Kyu!” Heechul snapped at the maknae as he entered the top floor of the café that was booked for them to hold the meeting.

 

“Of course it is, we are going to meet the person Jinki likes!” Kyuhyun argued, patting the space next to him as Zhoumi walked behind Heechul.

 

“Why do you baby him so much?” Changmin said as he sat on one of the chairs.

 

“Like Yunho hyung don’t!” Kyuhyun uttered.

 

“Let’s not argue. Let’s face it Jinki is like our baby and let’s just be glad that he is asking our opinions on this life matter.” Leeteuk argued and once again the leader has proven his worth for the title.

 

“I couldn’t agree with you. Oh Jinki is growing up so fast.” Yunho remarked gesturing for Jaejoong to sit next to him when he saw him enter with Yoochun and Xiah.

 

“But why am I here?” Henry asked as he handed Ryeowook his coffee.

 

“Because we are supposed to be on a date and Jinki is like your twin brother, you have to be here.” Ryeowook answered and kissed Henry’s cheek.

 

“I did not come here to witness you two to flirt.” Sungmin whined.

 

“I did not come here to witness you being homophobic.” Kangin argued.

 

“enough okay, we are doing this for Jinki so let’s throw out everything that doesn’t concern him.” Leeteuk silenced everyone.

 

“Are you doing this because you don’t want him to …” Henry dared to ask.

 

“Yes Henry, I don’t want him to hate me like you did.” Kyuhyun answered and Henry immediately hugged the hyung. “Aish don’t be mushy on me!” Kyuhyun whined but was laughing at the Canadian’s antics.

 

Jinki and Sunggyu entered Mouse Rrabbit and Onew immediately greeted Yesung’s mom and the hyung himself, introducing Sunggyu to them. Yesung smiled and led them upstairs where everyone was already bickering at each other, in a legendary way.

 

Yesung cleared his throat and told them that Jinki has arrived. They all fell silent and looked at the person standing next to Jinki. Sunggyu felt like he was being stabbed by invisible daggers while the elders stared at him and scrutinize him.

 

“Hello everyone, I want you to meet Kim Sunggyu, Leader of Infinite.” Jinki introduced Sunggyu who bowed at everyone. “And he’s the person I like, we both like each other.” Jinki said it a faint blush on his cheeks.

 

Still everyone was silent as they looked at the two leaders standing in front of them: The grandpa hamster and the old man tokki.

 

“Oh my gosh Sunggyu!” Heechul rose to his feet and hugged the Infinite leader. “Oh my gosh!” he was particularly lost for words. “I agree, get married already!” Heechul then said pulling SUnggyu to seat on a spare chair while Jinki chuckled behind them.

 

“How can you easily agree?” Kyuhyun dared to ask and he received a glare from Heechul.

 

“Sunggyu is a good catch!” Heechul rebuts.

 

“They look cute together, I agree Heechul hyung!” Ryeowook chirped next, shaking both hands and grinning at them. “I can’t believe my 2 babies are ending up together.” Ryeowook mock cried and Henry back hugged him.

 

“hyung you still have me.” Henry said and Ryeowook kissed his cheek.

 

“I know.” He said.

 

“Hey Jinks! Finally man, took you a long time to snag Gyu here. And hey, twin brother!” Henry extended a hand.

 

“Twin brother?” Sunggyu asked and Henry nodded.

 

“We three kind of looked the same.” Henry informed him and Sunggyu nodded.

 

Once they were all settled and Heechul was done enumerating his reasons why Sunggyu was a good catch, Kyuhyun started bombarding the leader with questions.

 

“How did you two met? When did you start having feelings for each other?” Kyuhyun asked and Sunggyu nervously answered.

 

“Don’t scare him!” Heechul warned.

 

“We kind of pass each other by on music shows but we started talking when Key and Woohyun began dating. I kind of liked him after that.” Sunggyu said in all honesty.

 

“Kind of?” Kyuhyun raised a brow.

 

“I was in denial Kyuhyun nim.” Sunggyu confessed.

 

“How can you take care of a fragile bunny?” Yunho asked and Sunggyu chose his words.

 

“Perhaps because we and our groups have similarities, I understand him well and that being said, I could take care of him well and treat him nicely. We share the love for chicken and we could share our stresses, a leader understands his fellow leader.” Sunggyu answered.

 

“Why are you asking Ms. Universe questions?” Jinki pouted and Sunggyu couldn’t help but smile at the cuteness of Jinki, his eyes lighting up and his thumb rubbing the other’s hand in comfort.

 

The action caught everyone and they awed as the two looked genuinely in love with each other. Leeteuk sighed and turned his attention to Kyuhyun who he was sure was almost convinced to let his dongsaeng go.

 

“I just have one question Sunggyu.” Leeteuk asked and Sunggyu nodded. “You know how many Inspirits hated the merger and how they disliked Infinite members being shipped with other artists. How can you handle this, when you both know that Onew’s status is highly regarded especially by Noona fans? With one slip up of Inspirits bashing Onew, all hell will break lose.” Leeteuk posed such a difficult but very relevant question.

 

Sunggyu thought about it, the hyungs were all anticipating his answers; they all knew what Leeteuk meant, and what he was expecting to hear. In times like this, Leeteuk makes it difficult for them but once you get over it, you’ll be thanking him.

 

“It’s a hard question.” Sunggyu blurted out and Jinki held his hand tighter and smiled at him.

 

“You can do this Gyu.” Jinki offered his encouragement and Sunggyu smiled at him.

 

“I know and understand Onew’s status and SHINee in general. They are amazing and they’ve worked so hard to reach the top of the tier. I also know that Onew has some massive following and they will protect and defend Onew in whatever situation. But I have to stand by my position and defend my feelings for him. I know I will look selfish but I also deserve to be happy. There will be immature fans and they will rant and turn their back against me but, I would rather have the world against me than have Onew hate me. “ Sunggyu said and everyone fell silent. “To answer your question Leeteuk hyung, I will do what I do best, that is to explain, apologize and take the criticism and just try to move on and do my best. “ Sunggyu finished.

 

“You are not alone Sunggyu, I will be here.” Jinki said and the two exchanged smiles.

 

“You just have to be open about it. Take us for example.” Donghae said and everyone looked at them.

 

“We made OTP’s real.” Eunhyuk added and everyone rolled their eyes.

 

“okay, I’ve seen enough.” Kyuhyun uttered and walked towards the two. “You have been my beloved saeng and it is hard to let you go. You are my baby.” Kyuhyun was almost in tears.

 

“But hyung, you are not losing me, you are gaining another dongsaeng!” Jinki remarked and Kyuhyun laughed before turning to Sunggyu.

 

“You better not make Jinki cry or else you and your group would face my wrath.” Kyuhyun uttered and Sunggyu nodded. “And can you stop calling him Onew and call him Jinki instead? You two are dating so be on first name basis now.” Kyuhyun said and extended a hand. “Call me hyung.” He finished and Sunggyu shook his hands and bowed continuously.

 

“Congratulations!” Everyone shouted and clapped, as they all hugged and congratulated the two leaders, Infinite and SHINee members joining them as well as the leaders were now officially dating each other.

 

“Thank you sunbae!” Sunggyu bowed at them and everyone shouted at the same time

 

“Call us hyung!” and they all laughed and partied on.

 

---

 

a/N: for the love of 89 liners.. aish..