Chapter 9

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Hong Kong International Airport. Local time is 9:08 in the morning. Temperature is 20.5 degrees Celsius.

 

For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. This will indicate that we have parked at the gate and that it is safe for you to move about.

 

On behalf of Cathay Pacific Airways and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day!

 

“This is life! Hello Land of the Wild and y Jackson Wang!” Nikki screamed, arms surrendered in the air, as we stood outside the airport.

 

We headed directly to Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel located in Lantau Island, just a few kilometers away from the airport. At first, we were thinking of staying somewhere in Kowloon, but since the venue for GOT7’s showcase will be at AsiaWorld Expo Arena, we decided to just choose a hotel within the area.

 

We jumped together on our respective beds as soon as we arrived in our room, which was the cheapest among the available rooms. Marriott Hotel itself is no joke so we didn’t mind settling for the least expensive room. The company only shouldered for our airfare, terminal fee and travel tax. The rest… we had to pay for them ourselves.  But it’s still a good deal though since we are being paid for this vacation leave.

 

“So, what’s poppin’ for us today?” I asked Nikki as I opened the window, inhaling the scent and view of Asia’s world city.

 

“Don’t worry. I have everything set out and planned during our entire stay here in HK.” Nikki assured.

 

“I can’t wait for the Hi Touch event later! OMG. See you later, Mark Tuan.” I stated dreamily.

 

“OMG. Me too. I wonder if they’d still recognize us. Anyways, we’ll spend the day at Kowloon today. Then Hi Touch event tonight. Tomorrow, we’ll prepare for the concert. And then, the day after that, we’ll explore Hong Kong Island. And then in the morning of February 2, we’ll hit Disneyland, and then back to reality.” Nikki explained as she read what she has written on her red pocket notebook.

 

“Hmmmm… Sounds fun!” I hummed.

 

January 30, 2015.

10:54AM HK Time.

 

Bringing with us our gadgets and some basic necessities, we headed for Tsim Sha Tsui (TST), a major tourist hub in southern Kowloon, through the Lantau Link, which firmly connects Lantau Island and the Kowloon Peninsula.

 

As soon as we arrived, we went out and about the area, taking pictures of us and the busy streets of Kowloon, until we stumbled upon a small dim sum restaurant located in an obscured alley street next to a big building that housed a number of trendy international restaurants. Seeing that there were a lot of people inside, we decided to try it out, thinking that their dim sum might taste really good.

 

“This place is a hidden treasure.” I said after munching the succulent shrimp dumpling.

 

“I guess this is what you call serendipity – finding something good without actually looking for it.” Nikki added, tasting the delicate turnip cakes.

 

And then I was suddenly reminded of that night when I saw Mark and Jackson outside the dim sum house. I wonder what they were eating at that time.

 

“Hey. Do you think Jackson already knows that we’re here? I already uploaded several photos in Instagram since the time we set foot in the airport!” Nikki said.

 

“Still no notification from him?” I asked.

 

“None at all! Is he really following me or what?”

 

“Silent follower. Hey, just be contented that he’s following you.” I reminded her all over again.

 

“Fine. That’s not something I should worry, anyway. A lot of people are starving now, and I am worrying that I got no notification from Jackson after uploading our selca?! I should get stoned.”

 

“Great thinking.” I commented, laughing at her sudden drama.

 

“How about you? Did you get any notif from Mark?”

 

I just shook my head as a response. I guess that was just it. I am just one of the many fans, after all.

 

“But hey… we’re seeing them again tonight. And take note, UP CLOSE!” Nikki giggled.

 

We continued exploring Kowloon with Nikki acting as the guide. She has been studying everything about Hong Kong ever since our company told us about this trip; so roughly, she has been studying about HK for three months.

 

We went to the old Clock Tower and proceeded to the Avenue of Stars along the Tsim Sha Tsui promenade. There were a number of plaques, handprints of stars, sculptures – including a two-meter tall statue of the legendary action star, Bruce Lee. We snapped countless photos, and headed to Kowloon Walled City Park, a few kilometers away from Tsim Sha Tsui. Once a semi-lawless, high-rise slum, the walled city was transformed into an award-winning park in 1995. It featured a Qing Dynasty almshouse, the Old South Gate, pavilions, sculptures, flower gardens, and a playground.

 

Feeding Nikki’s love for old structures, we visited the Wong Tai Sin Temple, where all three main religions of China – Buddhism, Taoism, and Confucianism – are being practiced. After exploring the temple, we approached an English-speaking fortune teller right outside the colorful temple, and had our fortunes read just for fun.

 

“I see an old person.” The fortune teller said as she tried to read my palm.

 

“Eh?”

 

“An old man. With mustache. You’re going to meet hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter