our souls are meant to be sold

our souls are meant to be sold

our souls are meant to be sold

 

The sun was up pretty high by the time Kyungsoo walked out of his room. He could tell by the feeling of puffiness in his eyes and the way his head was attempting to kill him that he overslept. It wasn’t really his fault. He had a rough night and he almost got caught by the cops this time so he deserved a few extra hours of slumber. His mouth felt dry and his throat was so scratchy he could use it to polish wood.

 

“Someone’s finally up,” said Junmyeon when Kyungsoo stepped into the kitchen. “Lunch’s on the way so you can wash up first.” To anyone else it would sound like a suggestion but having known Kim Junmyeon for as long as he can remember, Kyungsoo knows it was an order. Not that anybody ever took his orders seriously because Junmyeon was too much of a softie but Kyungsoo could really use a long hot shower so why the hell not?

 

Kyungsoo stepped into the small shower and closed his eyes as water hit his head. The burn from the hot water felt good on his aching muscles. The stinging pain was relaxing somehow. He would’ve fallen asleep if it wasn’t for the loud banging from the bathroom door.

 

“KYUNGSOO HOW LONG ARE YOU GONNA TAKE I NEED TO PEE!”

 

He contemplated just ignoring the distressed shouts from Chanyeol just to make his life a little bit more miserable but Kyungsoo decided he didn’t really want the kid to die. Yet. He took his sweet time though because Do Kyungsoo is not Do Kyungsoo if he didn’t make Park Chanyeol’s life a living hell. Wrapping a towel around his waist, he finally opened the door only to see a very messed up Chanyeol. The look on his face was a bad mixture of I want to murder the living out of you but I need to pee so now I don’t know which one I should do first even though it’s obvious that peeing is a priority. It was greatly amusing.

 

“What were you doing? Taking a bubble bath?” said Chanyeol, every word dripping with venom. Kyungsoo brushed him off and went straight to his bedroom.

 

It was messy – clothes strewn randomly across the floor and empty cans of energy drinks on the bedside table next to a pile of paper – he almost didn’t recognise it. Despite being an obsessive compulsively neat person, this past week have been so tiring and stressful that he couldn’t find any energy to fuss over the well-being of his room. It was as if he forgot to be OCD the whole week. I need to clean this place up.

 

He came out two hours later with a basket full of laundry and a trash bag.

 

“Hey I thought you fell asleep so we had lunch without you. I left some for you in the fridge so just heat them up if you’re hungry,” Junmyeon said when Kyungsoo walked past the living room. So he did just that. Kyungsoo ate alone quietly in the dining room just watching the antics of his housemates.

 

They were all sitting in front of the flat screen TV watching a new episode of the drama that Junmeyeon’s been rambling on and on about. Something about a girl who was forced to marry a man despite already being committed in a relationship that Kyungsoo deemed not worth his time bothering. Chanyeol called him a heartless after that and decided it was a good insult. Kyungsoo learned to ignore him.

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t necessarily hate his housemates – they were okay if you just put away the fact that they were obnoxiously loud. And if he just ignores Junmyeon and Jongdae’s not so subtle displays of affection, Chanyeol’s absolute inability to stay off of human affairs and Sehun’s belief that he gets everything he wants, it was easy to get by. Problem is he couldn’t and what are the chances he would find anyone who would be willing to split the house rent. He worked with them anyway so why bother?

 

When he joined them in the living room, they were watching a talk show. The ones where they would interview overly rich celebrities just to have a little bit of an insight on what their life is like – which Kyungsoo chose not to believe because the possibility of them lying is way too high. People lie a lot. I mean we have us as proof of that.

 

“I’m currently working on a new book,” said the young man clad in casual clothing. Apparently he was a famous writer who broke through the record of best-selling title with his debut book. He looked like any typical celebrity in Kyungsoo’s point of view. The stereotypical tall, dark and handsome any boy would turn gay for. His hair was dyed platinum blonde and he had the physique of an athlete. It was ridiculous.

 

“He’s handsome,” Jongdae suddenly said which earned him a glare and an “Obviously I’m not good enough for you” from Junmeyeon which resulted in everyone else rolling their eyes at the elder. They weren’t objecting their relationship it’s just that they were sickeningly sweet that they made people want to strangle themselves to death.

 

“What’s your absolute fear?” the host asked the author. He was quiet for a few seconds, face contorting in concentration before he lifts his head and smiled at the host.

 

“I’m pretty sure I’d be devastated if I lost all of the files in my computer. Especially now that my book is almost finished. It’s like my life already.”

 

Sehun turned to all of his elders, his eyes twinkling in obvious mischief. Everyone knew that look. He wanted fun. He trained his gaze towards Kyungsoo and his grin grew a few inches longer, he was silently calculating how much it would take to rip off the younger’s face.

 

“Hey Hyung, wanna know what I’m thinking?” Sehun was practically bouncing on his as he sat on the floor waiting for Kyungsoo’s answer. His grin faltered just a little bit when all he got was a lazy blink. “I bet you can’t break into that Kim guy’s mansion and steal all the files from his computer.”

 

If there was one thing all of them knew by heart, it was that Do Kyungsoo took challenges very seriously.

 

--

 

The four didn’t start out as most would’ve expected. To oblivious eyes, they were the typical ‘best friends since we were in diapers’ kind of bunch. Those who grew up together and then decided it was the utmost cool idea to do have adventures till the day God decided it was time to go. Well, it isn’t exactly that far off but life has a funny way of getting things done, you know? Of course one would figure Park Chanyeol and Oh Sehun to be instinctive troublemakers by nature. But Kyungsoo and Junmyeon and Jongdae are different stories altogether.

 

Transferring to a different school across the country halfway into senior year takes cruel jokes to a whole new level. And Kyungsoo doesn’t know if it’s just the universe who hates his entire existence or it’s his parents who don’t have the vaguest idea what peer pressure really meant in this era. Either way, he’s ed up. It didn’t really help with the fact that he got himself in the principal’s office with two freakishly tall kids he doesn’t even recognize – one with such an eye-watering bright grin, the other with an almost cute lisp – for the things he was mistaken of doing just because he was caught hiding with them (because bright smiles thought it was smart to pull him along) – all on his first day.

 

“Don’t talk to me,” Kyungsoo said before bright smiles “My name is Chanyeol” could even utter a syllable of whatever it was he wanted to say. With a heavy sigh he plopped down on the table in the middle row, resting his head on his folded arms. It’s a dream. I’m gonna sleep and wake up in Seoul again. Kyungsoo wasn’t one for optimism but if anyone has any other solution he’d be open for suggestions because for one his optimism is running thin and for another, something was breathing next to his ear, of which he was certain was not entirely human.

 

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol whispered (not really) onto the side of the new kid’s face. He hadn’t really caught his name because he was blatantly ignoring him and Sehun’s existence ever since Principal Choi caught them in the janitor’s closet earlier that morning. He doesn’t understand how the guy could be so rude because he had tried to help him hide from the Rex’s wrath. He looked so lost – well, at least Chanyeol assumed he was lost because he had this Bugsy big-eyed startled look on his face and because he has never seen the guy before (you can trust Park Chanyeol to know every single face that has ever set foot on the campus ground) – and God knows the Rex doesn’t like it when students are roaming the hallways looking all lost in the middle of classes.

 

The kid was obviously ignoring him and he turned to Sehun for some sort of assistance but being the that he was, of course Sehun was already fast asleep. Taking a deep breath, Chanyeol was getting ready to yell into Sehun’s ears when he was stopped mid inhale as the door of the detention room opened and closed to reveal Kim Junmyeon. His presence miraculously woke both Sehun and Bugsy up from their slumber.

 

“What are you doing here?” Sehun asked the newcomer incredulously. It was ridiculous to see a straight A spotless record student be dumped into the same detention room that they were in. It wasn’t that they didn’t like him – possibly because there was literally nothing to hate him for – but of all the people in this school to be worthy of a detention, it is not Kim Junmyeon, president of the student body council.

 

“Did something rather… rebellious, if you may call it that and it’s more than fitting that I get punished for my wrongdoings,” Junmyeon answered as the door opened again to reveal Kim Jongdae who was wearing a scowl on his otherwise cheerful face.

 

“Stop it with your campaign speech,” he grumbled. “You insisted that you were given punishment when you could’ve saved us both the hassle and begged the Rex to let us slip by with a warning,” Jongdae continued as he made his way through the maze of desks and took a seat next to Kyungsoo.

 

“That would be wrong! I’m still a student of this school, you know,” Junmyeon retaliated still rooted at his initial spot.

 

“I don’t even know why I’m dating you, Mr President,” Jongdae said with a roll of his eyes.

 

Kyungsoo looked back and forth between the two and then at the other two who were seemingly not surprised at the scene at all.

 

“Whoa hold up what the is going on here?”

 

“Tell us your name first,” said Chanyeol. “An eye for an eye,” he added when Kyungsoo shot daggers at the taller male’s direction. Curiosity got the best of him, unfortunately.

 

“Do Kyungsoo. Now tell me what’s going on.”

 

“First of all, Bugsy, me and Sehun here, we saved you from the Rex. What were you even thinking roaming the hallways looking like a lost puppy? The Rex would’ve eaten you alive! But I guess you’re a new guy here?”

 

“The… Rex?” Kyungsoo was far more interested in the Rex than the fact that Chanyeol had just called him Bugsy.

 

“That would be Principal Choi. He’s got the ability to shred students into pieces if he ever catches them breaking the rules. He has cameras hidden just so he can catch every single rule breaker. Rumour has it that he runs out of detention slips in less than two weeks,” said the guy next to him. “Hi, I’m Kim Jongdae,” he said with a big smile as he held out his hand for Kyungsoo to shake. He was hesitant but he wasn’t rude either.

 

“AH! I forgot there was going to be a new student coming in today. I guess that would be you, correct? Please excuse me, I tend to forget a lot these days,” said the guy who was still standing. “I’m Kim Junmyeon, student body council president,” he added, sporting a million dollar red carpet smile towards Kyungsoo’s direction.

 

Kyungsoo’s head was spinning with all of the new information. He was trying to wrap his thoughts around the occurrences that he deemed wasn’t supposed to happen on the first day in a new school. He was dragged into a janitor’s closet by two delinquents who claimed to have saved him from the Rex (who ended up being the person who caught them anyway) and now he was in detention for a crime he did not do. In the aforementioned detention, he met another two strange men who goes by the name Junmyeon and Jongdae (apparently dating each other) who bickered like an old married couple.

 

God, please, if this is a dream please let me wake up now.

 

However, Kyungsoo still woke up not in Seoul and he was still stuck with the misfits he wouldn’t even be found dead to call friends. But the school year was almost over and he learned not to hope too high – he’ll just accept whatever he was being fed with, even if it more than his father’s failed excuse of homemade lasagne. So he put up with them, thinking it’d be over and done with once school ends but the universe hated him that much and being stuck with them his entire life would be fun to watch.

 

--

 

Kyungsoo wasn’t entirely sure how they even ended up being where they were doing what they were doing. But by the way they worked – from intricate planning, exceptional skills to how they got things done, all of them were pretty much convinced that the FBI or CIA should hire them. But where’s the fun in that? Their job made him see the lengths people are willing to go to get what they want. The pay was nice too, so he had no complaints.

 

“He’s a famous who got riches he doesn’t deserve.”

 

“At least he got the bling.”

 

“By writing stupid excuses of romance novels? It’s as if he’s trying to implant cheap in people’s imagination.”

 

“But still. He got the money.”

 

“I’m not stealing off of some rich writer who can’t even write.”

 

It has been a week since Sehun’s ‘challenge’ to Kyungsoo was declared and the group of five has been elbow deep in research of a certain young writer Kim Jongin who goes by the pseudonym Kai. It was hectic and they have been going back and forth trying to get every detail of the author and so far they (read: Do Kyungsoo) have come to the conclusion that Kim Jongin was indeed unworthy of their time.

 

“But, Soo Hyung! We’ll get loads of money if we succeed in this and then with those dimes we can run off out of the country to Africa or something and we’ll never have to face him again.” Sehun can be a whiny when he doesn’t get what he wants or when people disagree with him which is almost all of the time when Kyungsoo is involved.

 

So that was how he ended up sitting in the passenger seat of their black SUV in the middle of the night outside Kim Jongin’s mansion, spying on him. It was stupid. This whole “let’s rob the author of his files so we can sell it off to his enemies and flee from the country” plan is starting to sound too absurd and it was a waste of their time. Why Kyungsoo still stuck with the four misfits, he doesn’t know.

 

“Alright here’s a blueprint of the whole place. He’s got security at the main gate and another at the back and state of the art security systems installed in possibly every door and window in the house,” said Chanyeol as he spread the blueprint on the backseat forcing Sehun to move out of the way which caused him to squish into Jongdae’s side. Son of a .

 

“I’m telling ya, if there was a record for house with tightest security, this guy would’ve nailed it, hands down.”

 

There was no denying that the entire property was huge. Even the blueprint was straining to fit all of that information in. But they’ve done this for way too many times on even bigger buildings and even more security. They were professionals in this field of work and not once have they been caught. This Kim Jongin guy was an easy prey.

 

Well, at least that was what Kyungsoo thought before he found himself entangled in a web of confusion and self-loathing. Oh and ropes. Lots and lots of ropes. And an amused laughter coupled with a very amused clapping of hands. Add a eating grin plastered on a (Kyungsoo would say very but he’s pissed off at the moment so his life) handsome face and we have a not so very pleasant first meeting.

 

“Wow, you are lame,” said the man in front of him. Jongin. Kyungsoo struggled in his confined state on the chair (at least Jongin had enough manners to have him seated upright on a less than comfy chair). “I don’t even understand why you’re struggling when both of us know you’re not gonna be able to free yourself,” he added with a bored expression. .

 

“So what are you waiting for? Isn’t now the time where you call the cops to save your and send the bad guy to rot in jail?” Kyungsoo spat at the other man whose smirk grew by a few centimetres.

 

“Ah but that wouldn’t be fun now, would it?” Jongin answered as he strode towards Kyungsoo and crouches down so his eyes would level with his captive’s. Kyungsoo could feel his heart palpitating with something that resembles fear but he’s quite sure it was much closer to anxiety. He has nice eyes.

 

“So what are you gonna do? Keep me until I rot here instead?”

 

“You’re amusing. What’s your name?”

 

“I could be named Edward Cullen and that wouldn’t make any difference.”

 

“Of course it does. I have to address my visitor in the most appropriate way.”

 

Kyungsoo resisted the urge to roll his eyes at his stupid answer. Jongin stood up but never once breaking eye contact with his ‘visitor’ and the oh so annoying smirk was still intact as he reached to Kyungsoo’s cheek. He flinched at the cold sensation brought by Jongin’s fingertips but unconsciously leaning in towards the touch which didn’t go by unnoticed by said man.

 

“How about I make you a deal? I let you go tonight, you try to break in again until you get what you want. But you must come back again or I’ll find you and feed you to the crocs.”

 

There was something in the way that he talked that made Kyungsoo believe he was not just posing bluff. He was dead serious and something told Kyungsoo that he already has every single record that ever existed of a certain Do Kyungsoo.

 

“And if I succeed?” he didn’t really meant for his voice to come out shaky but the man was creeping him out and that was no lie.

 

“That would be up to you.”

 

Sceptical doesn’t even begin to describe what Kyungsoo was feeling right at that moment. How could he believe this man when he had him tied up impossibly immobile save for his neck. His charming smile and his elegant front made him look deadly beautiful. So much that he made Kyungsoo feel obligated to agree to his ‘deal’.

 

--

 

“He should be out by now. WHY ISN’T HE OUT YET?!” said Junmyeon as he paced in front of the SUV. He was panicking because Kyungsoo was taking much longer than planned. Kyungsoo never stalled.

 

“Calm down, Junmyeon. He’ll be fine,” Jongdae said more to reassure himself than to actually comfort his lover.

 

Jongdae turned around to face Chanyeol and Sehun who were surprisingly quiet probably for the first time since birth. Worry was etched on both of their faces, effectively eliminating the default grin on Chanyeol’s face and the sleepy gaze on Sehun’s. Where the was Kyungsoo anyway? Junmyeon was about to run head first into the mansion himself when the man in question finally showed up.

 

Kyungsoo came out of the mansion unscathed though his face showed a look of pure devastation – the one you would see when someone has been told they would die tomorrow morning. Though that was somewhat sort of what Kyungsoo just went through. He rushed to the black SUV and climbed into the furthest seat at the far back. The air was thick with concern over something that they weren’t quite certain of because Kyungsoo was suddenly the kind of quiet that wasn’t quite Kyungsoo.

 

Nobody has to know was what Kyungsoo decided that night. Not exactly a very smart move in his part but he has the ego that challenges the size of the Milky Way and he wasn’t about to let a stupid multimillionaire kid rub dirt on his face. Kyungsoo was going to have those files in his possession.

 

--

 

Kyungsoo was a very meticulous person from experience if not by nature. He plans every single move he makes and that gives him the pleasure of achieving his goals. He was driven by the burning desire to win in everything that he does. What he doesn’t understand though was how Kim Jongin can still be hundreds of steps ahead of him. As if the younger could predict precisely what he was about to do. As if he could read Kyungsoo’s mind.

 

And here he was again, chair-bound with Jongin in front of him giving him an amused look for the fifth time already. He wonders if the man was really amused or if he was just trying to make him feel less of a failure. But maybe that was stretching it too much because he couldn’t be that kind. Although that statement itself was stretching it too much because how would he know his captive’s level of kindness. Everything was still based on assumptions and if recent events gave any indication, it could most likely mean Kyungsoo was not very good at predicting.

 

“I’d like to let you keep going, Kyungsoo. Honestly, I’d run through this scene thousands of times until you actually get it right but I’m not a very patient person, just so you know. And I get bored of repeated stuff very easily. So what do you say, one last chance?” Jongin questioned, head tilting a few degrees to the right making him look almost adorable. Almost.

 

“Fine,” Kyungsoo answered, eyes shooting daggers because he couldn’t exactly argue. Well, he could but he’d rather not because there was something about Jongin’s question that sounds like “this is an order”.

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t exactly understand why he kept submitting to Jongin’s every proposal. He doesn’t exactly want to understand if he were to be honest. Maybe he could blame it on his way too big ego or maybe he could blame it on his having too much free time on his hands that he has nothing better to do. But maybe it was also because of the way Jongin would manipulate his words so prettily that even his threats sounded so graceful in Kyungsoo’s ears. Or perhaps it was his velvety voice and the way his eyes light up when he laughs that made it seem like he was genuinely entertained. And who was he kidding, it was definitely because of his unearthly good looks – his poise, the way he stands on his well-defined body – he was perfect. Kyungsoo might just be falling in love. And love makes you do stupid things, right?

 

.

 

Kyungsoo was probably sleepwalking and then woke up to find that he was standing in front of Kim Jongin’s front door the very next day. No plans. No weapons. Just Kyungsoo. It even surprised the host when he opened the door. Widened eyes lead to a gut-destroying smirk and Kyungsoo doesn’t exactly know what to say nor does he know what to do.

 

“To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit, sir?”

 

Damn, his voice.

 

“I want every single soft copy of your written works published and unpublished, finished or not – I want it all,” Kyungsoo said, the confidence vibrating off his chest taking him slightly off guard.

 

“Why don’t you come in, then?” Jongin answered with such cheerfulness that Kyungsoo didn’t exactly expect.

 

“Would you like something to drink?”

 

“I’d rather like to have your files, to be honest.”

 

His fast response made a smirk crept up onto Jongin’s lips and he strode almost predatory towards Kyungsoo making the latter step back out of instinct. He didn’t stop, not even when he has Kyungsoo’s back pressed against the wall. He kept coming closer until they were almost nose to nose, breaths mingling in the spaces between their mouths concocting something that stands close to an aphrodisiac.

 

If he would lean just that little bit more-

 

“Now Mr Do I am sure you know that I don’t just give things away for free. What do you have to trade my files with?”

 

Kyungsoo almost didn’t hear him over the hard pounding of his heart. It was going on overdrive, pumping unnecessary amounts of blood generally towards his southern regions. His stomach was ambushed by invisible fire breathing dragons that are possibly the reason why he was so deprived of saliva.

 

“What do you want?” he finally croaked out and he saw Jongin’s smirk grew wider across his face. Kyungsoo’s breath suddenly got stuck in throat when Jongin leaned even closer towards his face only leaving a few millimetres between their lips that he could practically taste the younger’s breath on his tongue.

 

“You.”

 

He could barely catch Jongin’s answer when felt the hard thump of his head against the wall as Jongin forced his mouth against his. He didn’t care though because Jongin was one hell of a great kisser. Not that he has many to compare him to because he’s only ever kissed four people his entire life. Well if you could count his mom and nanna and that one time that Lee girl kissed him for a bet in middle school (apparently his kiss was only worth 20 dollars) and Sehun’s uncanny ability to kiss anything next to him when he was drunk. So basically he didn’t have much to say about how great a kiss can get.

 

I am probably going to be killed but at least my killer’s a good kisser.

 

“You’re a really lame con artist. Why don’t you date me instead?” Jongin said when he detached his lips from Kyungsoo’s.

 

Kyungsoo on the other hand, was confused. Was that how this thing was supposed to go? Weren’t he getting himself ready to become dead meat in the hands of this handsome man? Or maybe he was already dead. How did he die though? Was that kiss so poisonous that he didn’t even notice his soul leaving his body? If that was the case then Jongin was a very nice person to let him die painlessly despite having a very twisted mind. And is your killer supposed to ask you to date him after killing you?

 

“Am I dead yet?” Kyungsoo asked, still refusing to open his eyes.

 

“You really are lame,” Jongin answered as he laughed at Kyungsoo’s question.

 

It was Jongin’s beautiful laughing face that greeted him the moment Kyungsoo opened his eyes. If this is how I’m gonna wake up after being murdered then I wouldn’t mind being killed by this man over and over again.

 

And so their relationship started just like that. It surprised Kyungsoo how natural it felt to move alongside Jongin. It was as though their movements were set in sync with one another by default and being with him was so easy he barely had to try. Kyungsoo found it hard to separate from his new found love and he’d spent almost all of his free time with Jongin sometimes forgetting that he lives with four other people who were getting anxious of his growing absence.

 

“Hey, Hyung. Where have you been going these past few months? You’re hardly home anymore,” asked Sehun one day. He has been suspicious ever since they left Kim Jongin’s mansion all those weeks ago.

 

“Nowhere in particular,” said Kyungsoo. Well at least, Sehun thought, he’s still sticking with the one sentence answers.

 

It wasn’t that Kyungsoo didn’t want his friends to know about his love life but how exactly do you tell the people you’ve been living with that you fell in love with your supposed to be victim who outsmarted you into playing his stupid game, who is also the same person who you were convinced was a total douche with psychopathic tendencies. But he was good looking and he kisses great and you’re not dead – yet, at least. And yeah long story short I am dating Kim Jongin, you know the rich guy we were supposed to rob the other day.

 

So he kept quiet instead, hoping to keep it a secret until he was ready to tell them. But Kyungsoo forgot he had nosy people that he calls his best friends and said people would never settle for a “nowhere in particular” answer. Just then he was cornered by four men who had dark looks in their eyes. Well, as dark as they could come up with, anyway.

 

“Don’t lie. We know you’ve been going back to Kim Jongin’s mansion. What for?” asked Junmyeon.

 

“Are you plotting something without us?” said Chanyeol.

 

“I thought we were a team!” added Sehun.

 

“I’m dating him,” Kyungsoo finally admitted.

 

“And do you think it’s alright to leave us behind and plan your own- wait what?” Jongdae was taken aback. Hell, all of them were taken by surprise from Kyungsoo’s declaration.

 

“I’m dating Kim Jongin for a while now and I’m sorry I didn’t tell any of you. I just didn’t know how.”

 

“Oh well, you should’ve just told us you know,” said Sehun.

 

“Yeah, I mean we wouldn’t have to worry so much,” Chanyeol added while scratching the back of his head. “You made us all on edge for nothing.”

 

--

 

“That’s it? They didn’t dunk you in a pool of mud or anything for keeping a secret for so long?”

 

“Hey, don’t laugh! It’s not funny,” Kyungsoo retorted as he slapped Jongin’s chest.

 

They were lying on the grass – Jongin was, Kyungsoo was on top of him – stargazing as Kyungsoo told him about how his friends now knew about their relationship. He was scared at first but then again it felt surprisingly good. He couldn’t keep anything from them for so long anyway. And he was thankful that Jongin was okay with it. He feared that Jongin wouldn’t approve of him doing so.

 

Kyungsoo shifted so he could have his head lying on Jongin’s chest and then traced incoherent patterns on his shoulder. Jongin tightened his hold on the smaller male’s waist and peppered kisses atop his head.

 

“I love you,” Jongin whispered.

 

“I love you too.”

 

--

 

Kyungsoo could feel the warmth of morning sunlight on his cheek but he wasn’t really up for waking just yet. He didn’t have anything to do for the entire day and he was adamant in having a few more hours of slumber. Besides, he hadn’t been sleeping properly the past few weeks.

 

He felt the other side of the bed shift a little and instantly the warmth that was formerly pressed on his back disappeared. He whined softly but his eyes stayed closed, not ready to start the day just yet. But he could still feel another pair of eyes on him – gazing. And then he felt a soft touch tracing over the smooth bumps of veins on his right arm as if mapping the area. Only then did he will his eyes to finally open and settle themselves upon a handsome face he has grown fond of over the years.

 

“Good morning,” Jongin whispered lips brushing gently against his nose. Kyungsoo answered with a smile afraid of ruining the moment with his scratchy morning voice.

 

He felt Jongin shift before the younger hovered over his half self.

 

“Good morn-”

 

Kyungsoo’s greeting was cut off midsentence and turned into a moan when Jongin smashed his mouth on his lover’s luscious ones. They started their day like so, in the protective embrace of each other’s arms, busy hands exploring unchartered territories mapping them theirs. It wasn’t long before Jongin’s hands inched into the elder’s shirt effectively drawing out goosebumps from underneath his skin as if Jongin’s touches were fire. He was just about to rip the fabric off of the man underneath when he heard the door knob rattling before revealing a very oblivious Park Chanyeol.

 

“Kyungsoo, when are you gonna make breakfast?”

 

Chayeol was by no means an innocent man. He was a legal adult equipped with enough knowledge but he was not ready for what he was facing at that very moment. Both men in front of him were shooting death glares towards him and he didn’t exactly know what the hell he was supposed to do other than stare awkwardly ahead.

 

“I’ll uh… I’ll be leaving then.”

 

When the duo finally came out of their bedroom, Chanyeol was nowhere to be seen.

 

“What took you so long, I’m hungry,” said Sehun from his spot on the couch. “Wait, no. Don’t answer that, I don’t want to know.”

 

“Stop it, Sehun,” Junmyeon defended, earning a scowl from the younger.

 

“You people sicken me,” he spat which earned him a smack on the head from Jongdae.

 

“Stop being such a jackass and you’d actually look smart.”

 

Kyungsoo snickered at their antics and walked towards the kitchen while humming a cheery tune. He was reaching up for the top shelf when he felt a hard chest against his back and the warmth that came along with Jongin’s wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo’s torso was very much welcomed.

 

“What are you doing I need to make breakfast.”

 

“You can make breakfast later,” the younger retorted, voice muffled by Kyungsoo’s shoulder. He only received a snicker and the elder kept on rummaging through the kitchen with Jongin still attached to him. He eventually gave up and went to sit on the kitchen counter, opting for watching his lover go about making breakfast instead.

 

By the time breakfast was ready, Chanyeol was already there. He looked way too calm and reserved that the awkward air that passed between him and Jongin at the dining table did not went by unnoticed by the other three. Kyungsoo on the other hand, decided to play the oblivious card.

 

Nobody dared to voice their curiosity on the current situation. Well, everyone except for Sehun who never knows when to actually use his stoic face. And since Chanyeol wasn’t on speaking terms with anything that breathes, Sehun was left alone in this journey. Traitor.

 

“Hyung. Is there something going on between them?” Sehun not-so whispered to Jongdae, eyes travelling back and forth between Jongin and Chanyeol.

 

“It’s rude to speak with your mouth full, Sehun,” said Kyungsoo as he emerged from the kitchen to join them on the dining table.

 

Sehun knew better than to start a fight with a calm Kyungsoo. A calm Kyungsoo is a dangerous Kyungsoo. Breakfast ended unexpectedly fast and the youngest took the opportunity to corner Chanyeol and ask him what happened. Of all the people Chanyeol could lie to, Oh Sehun never made the list. He could never hide anything from his best friend.

 

“Wow, you’re an idiot,” Sehun concluded after Chanyeol told him what happened earlier that morning.

 

“IT WASN’T MY FAULT THEY DIDN’T LOCK THE DOOR!” Chanyeol shouted, defending himself. He was innocent, after all.

 

“I get it, man. You don’t have to blush and be all awkward. You’re an adult!” Sehun said between laughs. It can’t be helped that a person’s misery can be another person’s entertainment.

 

“You’re awful,” Chanyeol finally said before he brushed past Sehun before he was stopped by a hand on his shoulder. Sehun offered to buy him some ice cream to make up for laughing at him even though he was still laughing his off as they walked out of the house. Sehun’s a but he makes up for a nice . Sometimes.

 

From the kitchen counter, Kyungsoo was watching their antics and smiling contentedly. He watched as Sehun put his arm around Chanyeol’s shoulder and chuckled when Sehun made a joke about Chanyeol’s height – purposefully feigning ignorance at the presence beside him.

 

“What are you smiling at?” said Jongin as he stared at the elder’s handsome side profile.

 

“Oh I don’t know. Just thinking,” Kyungsoo said, not exactly answering his question.

 

“Penny for your thoughts?”

 

“Life’s funny, isn’t it?” Kyungsoo started and Jongin just raised his eyebrow. “One day you’re trying to rob a person off his riches and next thing you know, you’re happily living with him,” he finished off with an amused smile directed towards the younger. Jongin could only answer with a smile of his own.

 

Who would’ve thought that Sehun’s “let’s rob the rich man and flee off to another country” plan took an unexpected turn and changed to “let’s rob the rich man and let Kyungsoo fall in love with him” instead. Not that Kyungsoo was complaining. He’s more than content with life at that very moment.

 

I haven't written over 2k words in quite a while. Can't help that I'm a lazy *nervous laugh* I hope this turned out alright. ^^v