.1;

All An Act

 

kibum looks around the stage of the huge auditorium, and sighs. why did he agree to this again? he didn’t like to stand out much to people he didn’t know.

taemin is just jumpy as if he had 4 gallons of banana milk and cannot stop moving around. kibum notices that the guy’s eyes seem to be scanning the auditorium and it didn’t go by unnoticed by kibum when taemin’s eye glimmers when he see someone.

“hm,” kibum huffs and looks over to the general direction to where taemin is staring at, and catches the sight of choi minho. kibum coughs his throat loudly enough for taemin to catch his attention.

taemin jumps a bit as he stops staring, but turns around and see kibum looking at him with a weird smirk on his face.

“w-what?” taemin says, all flustered. kibum smiles a teensy bit more, and flicks his chin, indicating towards the tall basketball player.

“that’s why?” kibum asks, trying not to giggle. he shouldn’t giggle. taemin flushes a deep cherry red and kibum bites his lips to stop himself from smiling like a dork.

“you , hyung,” taemin mutters and turns away. kibum just smiles to himself, and occupies himself with the script lines, and once in a while, he snuck a glance at lovestruck taemin staring at mr. athlete.



kibum doesn’t know how he could’ve went through the audition without messing up or tripping, or cracking his voice, but he managed to do it. he’s even impressed by taemin’s audition. why hasn’t the boy confessed that he wanted to do it earlier?

kibum walked slowly to the cafeteria where the students were hanging out after the tryouts, helping themselves to a bit of food after their performances. kibum sat down at an empty table and waited for taemin to burst through the cafeteria doors in full blown happiness. he tapped his blackberry on the table counting the people coming in before taemin arrives.

when kibum gets to number 23, taemin busts through the doors as energetically as kibum imagined him. kibum puts his phone away and lifts his eyebrows.

“how was i?” taemin asks, his face red with excitement.

kibum smiles at the boy. “you were...”

“yeah?! what what what?!” taemin jumps up and down.

“well, i thought you were simply amazing. why didn’t you tell me you wanted to do it sooner?” kibum laughs.

“i didn’t think you’d want to,” taemin explains. “well you did, so it’s all good!”

kibum raises one eyebrow, and says “and because some tall athlete guy with the name, oh i don’t know, minho, is going to be there?”

taemin swats kibum on the arm. “shut up, hyung!” he says and gives a light punch at kibum’s shoulder. “don’t tease me.” he plays with his hands, embarrassed.

“when?” kibum just asks.

“huh?” taemin stops his fidgeting.’

“when did you start liking him?” kibum extends his question.

“oh. do you really want details? or just a when?” taemin grins.

“just a when is fine,” kibum groans. he does not need to know how and why the boy came to like someone like minho.

“well, i snuck into the basketball game last month, and uhm, yeah...” taemin explains, poking his cheeks.

kibum just stares in amusement. and just then, the said guy comes passing by the duo’s table, and kibum is sure that they’re headed that way, but he has no idea why. he doesn’t tell taemin who’s sitting across from him and can’t see his back.

“hey,” a deep voice greeted the two, and kibum just stares and taemin looks up, his face a mixture of embarrassment, shock, and his jaw opens wide. “i saw your audition, you guys are pretty good,” minho continues.

“uh...uh...well...th-thank you...” taemin manages to stutter out.

“well, i’m pretty sure you made it,” minho laughs, “see you around!” with a small wave, the guy walked away, leaving taemin’s eyes wide and his jaw about to crack off.

“d...did that just happen?” taemin squeaks, and turns his head slowly to kibum’s.

kibum’s cheeks are blown up from hiding his laugh. ‘it did,” he said, and with that, the air was let out, and he was laughing so hard that it gives taemin an urge to step on his foot.

“stop laughing, hyung,” he whines, stomping his foot resisting to stomp on kibum’s.

“you should have seen the look on your face!” kibum says in the middle of his shrieks of laughter. “too bad i didn’t bring my polaroid,” he sighs.

taemin ends up getting free banana milk because kibum ends up feeling bad for laughing at taemin, and taemin becomes the regular ball of sunshine for the rest of the day.