Anniversary.

Red Rose

    Jungkook look at the sky, the third time today, and he sighed for the third time after he looked at the sky. “It has been 7 years… and 4 years. Such a long time ago. Why am I still like this?” he thought to himself.

 

    “Hey, Jungkook! Are you free today? We’re going to have a cafe party.” Jimin shouted from the kitchen. It was 12 in the afternoon, the shop was going to close in another 9 hours. His shift was going to end in 4. “We’re closing early today. The party is in the mall down the street at 8.” Nevermind. The shop is going to close in another 8 hours. Jimin came from the back door. Jungkook shook his head slightly, he took his whiteboard and wrote, “I got plans with myself. So, go without me.”

 

    “Hey Jungkook,” Came a unstable voice. “Do you think you can sing for us today? The band that was suppose to come, was held back in traffic. And even if they show up half of them are hungover. So irresponsible.” Jungkook nodded, after all it is his job. “Thank you so much. This is the song.” he said, handing him a piece of paper. Jungkook smile slightly with eyes filled with unshed tears. “You could take a break and rehearse if you need, you got 30 minutes.”

 

    “Don’t worry about it, Jin. I know this song fairly well.” Jungkook wrote on his whiteboard. He erases it and wrote, “Besides, since Jongin didn’t come in today, you need another bus boy.”

 

    Jin smiled, “Ever since you started working here, business have been better. Thank you.”

 

    “It’s not a problem. I like it here.”

 

 


 

 

    As Jungkook took the stage, he took a deep breathe. “Jungkook, you can do this! It’s not like it’s your first time. People love it when you sing.” Jimin cheered from the front table. It was his break. And how can he even miss a chance to hear Jongkook's voice, when you could only hear it once in a blue moon. Jungkook smiled at Jimin for this.

 

How can I put this I I I

I'm an independent woman, I...

I've been crying like a child

I just wanted you to know the person that I am

More than any other your fans

I would love you for a thousand years

Yours truly

 

I ain't gonna play it cool

Let me tell you I've tried that

Already

Every day, and every night, your words

Ring through me

Who am I trying to fool, honey I've been living on my own

like Freddy

But I'm still a woman, baby tell me how

 

How could I ever love another?

How could you don't remember?

God knows I'd give anything

For just one more night together

Today I'll miss you more than ever

How could you say you don't remember?

This one's for the happiness I'll be wishing you forever

 

When Jungkook sang the last note, Jimin started clapping hysterically, while wiping his tears. When Jungkook went to sit next to Jimin he was immediately hug by him, “Why… so good. Damn. You make me want to cry. So much feels. It’s like you know how the singer felt, you convey it so nicely. Bravo.”

 

Jungkook laughed silently, picking up the whiteboard on the table, “Stop being so dramatic.”

 

“Excuse me?” Someone said, when the two looked up from where they were sitting, they saw a girl around 17. “You sang so beautifully, I was wondering if I could get your autograph? Are you a celebrity? I was so touched, the minute I walked in.” Jungkook smiled, taking the pen and pencil offered, he signed his name. he mouthed, “Thanks you for listening.”

 

“No need to thank me. I would stop whatever I am doing just to hear that voice again. You must treasure your voice a lot.” She smiled, “See you around?” Jungkook nodded and gave a smile back.

 

When she left, “Damn. You be scoring girls. Gimme your voice~ I don’t want to be single forever.” Jimin cried.

 

“Excuse me.” Someone said, this time when they looked up they saw a man. Jungkook widened his eyes, he standed up quickly and scribbled a “I’m getting back to work. Enjoy your break, Jimin.” He left before anyone could stop him.

 

“Huh?” Jimin  said, tilting his head when he finally process everything. “excuse me, I’m going to see why he left so quickly. I apologize for his rudeness, he’s usually really kind to customers.” Jimin bowed.

 

“I know. Don’t worry about it. When does he get off?” The stranger asks, looking at the door that Jungkook just went through. His eyes filled with want, and longing.

 

“I’m sorry, I can’t give you the answer to that question. You could wait in the store till he gets off instead, or ask him when he comes out.” Jimin said, as he bowed again. This time leaving the stranger alone.

 

“He’s cute.” Comes another voice, sitting himself down on Jimin’s previous seat. The stranger glares at him, “Chill Taehyung! The guy you were just talking to not Jungkook. He’s Jungkook right? If he isn’t you wouldn’t have ran that quickly to catch him.” The guy sitting said.

 

“Min Yoongi.” Taehyung said, warning him.

 

“Whaaaa?” Yoongi said, innocently, “Just saying the truth. The only guy that belongs in your heart is Jungkook as you quoted.. like 2 years ago. And the only guy that you ever talk about is Jungkook. So. Hmph.” Yoongi said, crossing his arms.

 

“I do not only talk about Jungkook! I talk about Hoseok, Namjoon and more. So, excuse you.” Taehyung snapped back. “But, yeah. It was Jungkook.”

 

“You know, I hardly think you’re ever going to get back together. According to what you told me his morning… today is your 6th anniversary isn’t it?”

 

“7th anniversary if we didn’t break up.” Taehyung huffed, throwing his head back. He sat down, put his head on the table and screamed.

 

“Rightttt. Can’t believe you remember this date. Didn’t you date Minah for like 3 months? Before she broke it off,  because you wouldn’t do anything with her? Oohh… now I know why she broke it off.” Yoongi said, making an “Oh” face at the end, and left his face like that.

 

“Yeah.” Taehyung said so quietly that Yoongi almost missed it.

 

“Let’s get back to getting you moved in? We were suppose to take a “tiny, short” break. by the way, when were we suppose to pick up our schedule from the university? it wasn’t today right..” Yoongi said slowly, suddenly remembering the whole point of them being there.

 

Taehyung shoot up from the table, “Holy mother of cupcakes. I totally forgot about that. Thanks for reminding us!” Taehyung ran out of the cafe, with a trailing Yoongi.

 

 


 

Flashback...

    

“Kookie~ Sing for me~ Please?” Taehyung fluttered his eyes at Jungkook.

 

    “I don’t sing for just anyone okay, now let’s get to class before Mr. Kim yell at us again.” Jungkook rolled his eyes before he walked away.

 

    “Kookie~ I’m not just everyone~ I’m your boyfriend!” Taehyung ran up to Jungkook holding his chest, making Jungkook look where it hurts.

 

    “Stop being such a drama queen.” They were now the only ones in the hallway. “See! Now we are l-” He was stopped with a pair of lips, the pair of lips lingered on his for a quick second, before the owner of the lips was off.

 

    “Thanks for the good bye kiss~ See you after class.” Taehyung waved, as his back disappeared from the hall. Jungkook was left standing there, stunning. Until he heard someone clear their throat.

 

    “Mr. Jeon, just what do you think you’re doing not in class? Are you asking for detention again?” Jungkook let out a quiet whimper. Damn Taehyung. “You will be in my office after school. You are going to clean all the room on the 4th floor. It’s almost the end of the year, and you are graduating in 2 months yes? Do whatever you want after that, but now get to class. Before I make you clean the 3rd floor too.” Mr. Kim said in a stern voice.

 

Later that day….

 

    Jungkook mumbled under his breath as he head to the fourth room on the 4th floor. “I will kill Taehyung I swear. Saying that he will help me but be no where in sight.” When he looked inside the last room his eyes widen. Is that Taehyung? Who’s that girl? He dropped the mop that he was holding and ran out the school, of course grabbing his backpack on the way.

 

    From: Taehyung

    To: Jungkook

    Hey, aren’t you suppose to be cleaning the 4th floor? I’m here but I don’t see you.

 

    From: Taehyung

    To: Jungkook

    Jungkook, I’m serious where are you?

 

    From: Taehyung

    To: Jungkook

    I’m coming over.

 

    From: Taehyung

    To: Jungkook

    Open the door.  

 

    From: Taehyung

    To: Jungkook

    Are you even home? The neighbors are looking at me crazy

 

    From: Taehyung

    To: Jungkook

    What did I do wrong?

 

    From: Taehyung

    To: Jungkook

    Are you okay?

 

    From: Taehyung

    To: Jungkook

    Why are you ignoring me?

 

Jungkook sat on the bench, it was now 9pm. The messages keep coming, just as fast as he start to cry. He crawled into a ball and cried. I trusted you. I gave you my everything. Is that not enough? I’m sorry, I’m not a girl. Just break this relationship off, if you don’t like me no more. It will hurt less. Why were you kissing her. Your lips were only meant for me. The thoughts continue, it seemed endless.

 

When he opened his eyes, his throat felt numb. The sun was too bright. Wait. Sun? What time is it? . It’s 4 already. His eyes began to tear up again, from today, he hated the number 4. I’ll just head back. School ended already anyways. When he went up to his floor where his apartment was located he noticed a figure. , I totally forgot that he was at my front door. Jungkook turned around and ran out.

 

“Wait Jungkook! Stop! Tell me what’s wrong.” Taehyung started shouting after him. When he turned the corner there was two paths and Jungkook wasn’t in sight no more. “Please. I’m sorry. I love you. Come back.” He slided down the wall, looking in front of him with emotionless eyes.

 

When school started the next day…

 

    “Jungkook. Can we talk?” Taehyung said for the twentieth time today. Jungkook stood up and walked away.

 

    “Hey Soo. Let’s get lunch.” Jungkook wrote on a piece of paper and showed it to the person who was currently reading a novel. “Oh, I read that book to. The ending though.”

 

    “No spoilers. Let’s me finish this page then we’ll get lunch.” Kyungsoo said, not looking away from his book. Jungkook rolled his eyes at this.

    “You could read it in the cafe~ I want cake~” He huffed.

 

    “Aww, such a baby. Let’s go.” Kyungsoo said, packing up his bag. “I’ll treat, you’ll be heading to Seoul University right? I’m going to miss you~ Just kidding, i’m just gonna be next door. Remember to visit me or I will kill you.” Kyungsoo had Jungkook in a headlock, both began to laugh their heads off. Jungkook leans in to kiss Kyungsoo’s hold, but before he could reach Kyungsoo already let go. “Ew. Never. Ever. Try to kiss me. Or I will also kill you. I don’t want your dirty lips to dirty my cheeks.”

 

    Jungkook smiles. “I know, but that’s the only way you will let me go!” He texted to Kyungsoo.

 

    “Sneaky. Now let’s get you that cake.” While the scene unfold itself, Taehyung stood by Jungkook’s seat eyes filled with jealousy. What did I do to deserve this?

 

After school that day…

 

    “JUNGKOOK!” Taehyung shouted catching everyone’s attention except for the said guy. Taehyung grabbed Jungkook’s hand and slam him against the wall. “What did I do. Why are you ignoring me?” Placing his forehead on Jungkook’s only to have his forehead slammed against the others. “, that hurts. What’s wrong with you.”

 

    “Let’s break up.” Jungkook whispered, after yesterday, he decided that he might just be that mute boy, that doesn’t talk unless it’s needed.

 

    “What?” Taehyung said, the hand that was holding Jungkook’s hand fall to his side. “Why? It’s our 3rd anniversary.” His head fall on his boyfriend-or shall I say ex-boyfriend’s- shoulder.

 

    “It’s not worth it. Let’s just break it off.” Jungkook whispered. His throat was still numb, he lifted Taehyung’s head up, giving him a last kiss on the forehead. Leaving Taehyung as he ran back home.

 


 

 

    Jungkook was now sitting on the same bench as that day. Today, it decided to pour. Jungkook didn’t mind the water soaking through his shirt. He doesn’t care about him catching a cold the next day. He smiled looking at the sky. “It’s our 7th and 4th anniversary. Such a shame we broke it off at the same day we got together. I still love you.” He closed his eyes. He chuckled for a while, and started crying. “I’m pathetic.”

 

    “Oh, Jungkook what are you doing over here? Without an umbrella too? Are you trying to catch a cold?” Jongin said, shielding him from the rain. Holding a shivering Kyungsoo.

 

    Jungkook just stayed quiet and glared at the two.

 

    “Um.. my bad? It’s actually our 3rd anniversary.” Jongin said, “Were you crying? Want to come to my place to warm up?”

 

    Jungkook shook his head, and pouted.

 

    “If you say so. But, you should head back soon, it’s 9pm and you’re going to catch a cold.” Kyungsoo said, giving him a warm smile. “See you tomorrow? If you don’t get sick that is.” Kyungsoo chuckled, while Jongin waved and dragged Kyungsoo away.

 

    Third year anniversary. Hmm.. It was our third year anniversary too. I’m so stupid still thinking about him, when I was the one that broke it off. I should head back soon. When Jungkook stood up, he saw something red in the corner of his eyes. A rose. More precisely. A red rose.

 


 

Flashback...

    

“Jungkook, do you have time afterschool?” Jungkook thought for a minute and nodded his head. “Great! Come to the rooftop, at 4.” The guy zoomed past Jungkook.

 

    “Huh?” Jungkook said, a minute after the guy left. Guess I’ll just find out after school...

 

After school…

    

    When Jungkook climbed up the stairs, he realize that it was empty. The rooftop was always the school’s garden. He smiled as he touch the roses that was growing on the vine. He sat at the bench that was provided, when he was about to put his earphones, a pair of hands covered his eyes. Then it turned into something cloth like. He was guessing it was a blindfold.

 

    “Take my hand and take off the blindfold only when I say so.” Someone ordered me, the voice sounding really familiar. Jungkook nodded helplessly, after all he can’t see. He held the other’s hand really tight, scared he was going to fall. “You can take it off now.”

 

    When Jungkook took off the blindfold, he was obviously attacked with a huge ray of light. When he got his senses back together, he realize a bouquet with only a rose laying on one of the tables. He picked it up, looked around and realize the guy that just led him there was now gone. “Well then…” He sniffed the rose, before something sharp poked his nose. He opened the note and read,

 

    “You must be surprised right? Come to the next stop and look for another rose, add it to your bouquet when you find it. You’ll find me in the last destination. Your next stop is Central Park, by the lake.”

 

    “Wow. This is so cute, but so annoying.” Jungkook huffed, hurrying down the stairs, throwing his backpack in his locker, there was no homework anyways. He ran to the park down the block. When he got to the lake, he realized that it will be hard to find another rose, the park was filled with couples. he strolled around the lake and realize a guy holding a red rose. He hesitated while walking to him.

 

    When he was in front of him, “Here’s your second rose. You find it faster than we thought you would.” The guy smiled, walking away again. He looks familiar… Isn’t that Yixing? Oh well. Jungkook opened the blue note thingy and read,

 

    “You found the second one :). I hope you’re not tired. The clock has been ticking since you got this rose, find the third rose in the mall just two streets from here. I’ll give you an maximum of 30 minutes. After that, someone will hand you a post-note. Hope to see you soon.”

 

    “. Time limit? And that mall is gigantic!~ Argh. I should start searching.” Jungkook whined, but started running to the said mall. When Jungkook entered the mall, he went straight to his favorite store, because once you enter a mall, you need to check out your favorite store okay. Don’t judge him.

 

After what seems like 20 minutes of looking around. He noticed the bouquet of flowers in his hand, how did I forgot. He cursed under his breath, then realize there was a red rose on one of the cashier counters. He ran to it. “You’re Jungkook?” Jungkook nodded. “Good job, for finding the flower before 30 minutes. You have a handsome boyfriend by the way.” The cashier winked at him.

 

“Oh. He’s not my boyfriend. I don’t even know who he is… Someone told me to go to the roof, I was met with flowers and I now have to run all over the city.” Jungkook sighed as the cashier laugh.

 

“You won’t regret when you meet him, he’s such a sweetheart. Now go~ I don’t want to keep him waiting.” The cashier said, shooing him off. Jungkook waved, and was out of the store. Damn, how much do he know about me. Even my favorite store? The pink note on the flower reads,

 

“Congrats!! You got it before the time ran out! The fourth location will be in the food court. <3”

 

“Argh. Gonna die in the food court.” Jungkook moaned as he dragged himself up the stairs and walking into the food court. He stand there for a moment, staring around the area to see if someone was holding a red rose. When he noticed that no one was holding one, he went to the stand that was selling desserts and sweets. As he waited in line, he looked at the roses he have been running with. “Phew. None of them looks damaged. They smell so good. The guy must know I love roses and red.” he chuckled. When he was knocked out of his trance, he realize it was his turn to order, he blushed, “Can I get a strawberry cake and a green apple green tea?”

 

“Coming right up.” The cashier smiled, when Jungkook paid. The cashier handed him a rose, and his order on a tray. Jungkook smiled back.

 

When Jungkook took his tray, he sat down and sat his strawberry cake, before he open the note.

 

“You always order a piece of strawberry cake and green tea every time you give up. I’m sad that you gave up so easily after you didn’t see anyone holding a rose. But, oh well, I knew you were going to. Here’s the last location. Come to Namsan Tower, I’ll wait for you. Take your time eating your cake. ~Locks.

 

Jungkook chuckled, this guy seriously know everything about him. After 5 minutes, he was up and ready to move again. This time he walked to the Namsan Tower. It was after all a 10 minute walk, and the guy did say he was going to wait.

 

When he walked into the Namsan Tower, a guard came to him and gave him a rose. Jungkook bowed to him and thanked him.

 

“Go to the bakery.”

 

    When he entered the bakery, he was rewarded with another rose from the cashier.

 

    “Take the elevator to the 3rd floor.”

 

    When he got on the elevator, a woman was holding a red rose, they exchanged smiles. When he was about to get off on the 3rd floor, someone came in and hand him another red rose.

 

    “You’re getting closer, I’m nervous. The woman will take you to the next destination. You have 8 roses so far right? Hope you collected them all.” (a/n. this is the cue of me losing count of all the roses and having to read the top xDD)

 

    Jungkook chuckled, the elevator dinged and the woman said, “You have arrive, I hope you enjoy your time here.” She bowed and Jungkook gets off. “Thanks.” Jungkook said giving her a smile again.

 

When Jungkook turned around, he was accidently hit with the red rose offered to him. “Sorry, here’s your ninth rose.” Jungkook bowed and thanked him. “Your table is this way.” Jungkook sat on the dining table that he was led to. He looked around and immediately feel underdress. People were dressed in tuxedos and gowns, while he was still in his school uniform.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” Someone said behind him with shaky breath, In front of him was another red rose. Jungkook smiled, taking the last rose, and looked up to see who it was.

 

“Taehyung? Surprised to see you here. Or…. are you the person that planned all this? it was cute.” Jungkook said, smiling widely when he finally got to see the person after a hour or two. “But, we never really talked before?”

 

Taehyung just sat in front of him and blushed. “I like you, Hoseok was the one who gave me the idea. And I was planning to confess, but.. I was afraid that you were going to turn me down. Then I was like it’s now or never. So here we are right now. So… Jungkook. Will you go out with me, even if you don’t know me that well personally?” He said, looking at Jungkook’s eyes lovingly.

 

Jungkook smiled, “Yes. I’m willing to give it a try, after all you planned all this.”

 

Taehyung pouted, “So, you’ll go out with me just because I did all this and not because you like me?” Jungkook laughed at him, the waiter came by to bring their order, that Taehyung order beforehand.

 

“I don’t know you that well. But from today and what I hear in school, you are exactly my type. So, I’ll willing to give this a try.” Jungkook said, picking up the 10 roses in the bouquet. “But why 10? And how you know red roses was my favorite flower?”

 

“10. Just because. My favorite number is 10?” Taehyung said, “And I kinda notice everything about you? Sorry if I come off creepy.”

 


 

 

    Jungkook kneels down in front of the rose. “You sure are unique. The only one in this area? Be strong, live as long as you could without breaking. As fragile you are, keep breathing.” He whispered, as he stoke the rose softly. Jungkook looked up at the sky that was now starting to clear up, but still drizzling.

 

    “Watch out!” Someone screamed in Jungkook’s direction. Jungkook turned him head to see what was going on. His eyes widened as he fell on top of the rose. He was hit by a football, in the face. Thank god, it wasn’t the sides. I’m forgetting something aren’t I? . The rose. Jungkook jumped up immediately. But it was too late, the red rose, the only one in the park, was now crushed and in pieces, just like his 4 years ago. He felt tears trail down his cheeks. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you there. It was dar- Hey, are you alright? Did it hurt that bad?”

 

    Jungkook froze when he heard the voice. He started crying harder. He stood up and started walking away. If you ask him why he didn’t run this time, he would say he doesn’t know. But he know. He knows that he still wants to be hold by the other, he wants to be loved, kissed, treasured, just like he was before he was crushed. He whimpered at the thought.

    “Jungkook. Can you at least hear me out? Instead of leaving me again? I waited 4 years, I was left confused for 4 years, I don’t know what I did, but can you at least hear me out.” Taehyung said, back hugging Jungkook when he was behind him. “I miss you. I still long for you. But you left me confused. Can we sort this out? I don’t think I could see you leave me again. I might not survive this time.” His voice cracking at the end.

 

    Jungkook started sobbing, he couldn’t hold back no more. He thought that all his tears should have been gone by now, he was crying all day after all. “w-what.” his voice cracking it was the first time he used his voice, not to sing. “What more is there to say. Forget about us. I don’t want to be hurt again.” Taehyung turned him around and pulled him closer putting his forehead on Jungkook’s just this time, Jungkook didn’t fight back.

 

    “I love you. I never hurt you. I don’t know what you saw, but trust me when I say I love you.” Taehyung said, looking deeply in Jungkook’s eyes. He smiled, it have been 4 years since the last time he stared into these pair of eyes. “I love you.” He whisper for the last time before closing the gap between their lips.

 

    Jungkook kissed back the second his lips met Taehyung’s. He been craving for the taste of these lips since the last time he tasted it. Nothing could beat the softness of Taehyung’s lips. Not even cotton candy, or the soft petals of the rose that just got crushed. When Jungkook pushed away from the kiss, he started to speak but, Taehyung cut him off. “So, will you allow me the permission to know what I did wrong 4 years ago?”

 

    “You.. I saw you and a girl.. in the 4th room of the 4th floor… kissing.. I didn’t see her face, but you guys looked like you guys were kissing intensely.” Jungkook said, looking at the floor.

 

    “You mean 2 days before our anniversary... ? When you had detention because of me?” Taehyung said, chuckling.

 

    “Yah! Why are you laughing?! Why would you cheat on me?! Was I not good enough, you could have just date her, don’t think about me no more.” Jungkook shouted and turned around to exit the park. Before he was allowed to take his 2nd step, he was pulled back his back meeting Taehyung’s chest, it felt toned… Did he start working out? Jungkook blushed.

 

    “You know, Tiffany was only helping me choose the perfect ring to give you. I wanted it to be a secret, but I guess you saw us. You should know Tiffany… her family owns Tiffany & Co. And I was asking her for the best selling ring.” Taehyung whispered into Jungkook’s ears. Jungkook’s cheeks immediately flushed, along with his ears. “You know, you should be punished, 4 years while we could be together. But you had no faith and trust in me.” Taehyung whispered into his ears, an octave lower than his usual voice. “Let’s get to my apartment. Though Yoongi might be there by now, I was suppose to meet him there.”

 

    “Who’s Yoongi?” Jungkook said, trying to contain his jealousy to himself.

 

    “You’re getting jealous again. Don’t worry, Yoongi is just my father’s best friend’s son. He’s my roommate. He says he’s too lazy to live alone. Now let’s go?” Taehyung said, holding out his hands for Jungkook to take.

 


 

 

    “Woah! Jungkook are you like bulletproof? How long were you in that rain, and you still look healthy.” Jongin said, when he entered the cafe and saw Jungkook in front of the cashier.

 

    “Really funny Jongin. How was the date? Did Kyungsoo dump you yet? I swear he has such bad taste.” Jungkook answered. Jongin froze in his position he turned to face Jungkook. “What?” Jungkook answered him back confused.

 

    “JIN! JIMIN! OH MY GOD! I THINK I MIGHT HAVE BEEN BLESSED. I HEARD JUNGkOOK SPEAK. THE DUDE SPOKE. HE SPOKEEEE AND HE IS NOT SINGING FOR YOUR INFORMATION.” Jongin started shouting, Thank god the store haven’t opened yet. Jimin thought.

 

    When Jongin shouted this, Jin and Jimin rushed out of their offices out of breath. “What? Are you hallucinating?” Jimin said to Jongin.

 

    “No. I heard his voice. His voice sounds like he is singing both ways, so nothing special I guess.” Jongin said as he walked to the back room after he was done being amazed.

 

    “You.” Jimin said, pointing at Jungkook. Jungkook pointed at himself amused. “Speak.” Insteading of speaking, he took his white board and wrote, “I can’t talk, what are you talking about?” He smiled innocently when Jimin started scanning him. “Jin, who do you think is telling the truth? I think Jungkook. Jongin is always lying.” Jimin said nodding his head up and down, turning to Jin.

 

    “Hm.. I th-” Jin started.

 

    “Wow. I feel so special. Why are you so rude to me. I’m older than you by 2 months! Besides, why would I lie that he spoke. Did I ever done that?” Jongin said coming out of the back room now in his work uniform.

 

    “That’s true, Jin. Now I am really confused.” Jimin said, nodding his head again.

 

    “Figure it out during your break, I’m opening to store right now. Don’t slack off like you guys always do.” Jin said, flipping the closed sign to an open one.

 

    “You know we will Jin.” Jongin replied back going to the kitchen to get his supplies, he was the busboy/waiter. “You guys don’t mind Kyungsoo coming in today right?”

 

    The door chimed, signalling a customer. Everyone looked up, except Jungkook, he was opening the cashier. “Welcome. How may I help you?” Jungkook said, stilling trying to fix the cashier, Aish, why can’t Jimin handle the cashier correct? Why all them bills everywhere?

 

    “Kookie~ Look at me at least!” The customer whined.

 

    “Huh? Taehyung! What are you doing here?” Jungkook said when he finally looked up, he notice the red roses on his arms. “Red roses again?”

 

    “Holy . He speaks. The dude speaks. Mayday. Mayday!!” Jimin cried from the back. Stopped when someone smacked him.

 

    “Red roses. They fit you well. They’re elegant, beautiful and fragile like glass.” Taehyung said, holding the red roses to Jungkook.

 

    Jungkook chuckled, as he accepts the bouquet. “Now, would you like a cupcake? There are people behind you now.” He said, pointing behind him.

 

Something twinkled and Taehyung caught it, “You’re wearing the ring. Tiffany was right, it matches you beautifully.” Jungkook blushed, and shooed him to a table, giving him a peck on the cheeks before he left for the cashiers again.

 

    “Well, well, well, if it isn’t my roommate who couldn’t drive me to the same cafe he was going to.” Yoongi said, as he sat down in front of Taehyung. “Just because he agreed to be yours again, doesn’t mean you could get cocky and ignore your best friend. Got it.” Yoongi said, pointing his fingers at Taehyung. The only thing Taehyung did was rolled his eyes, and continue staring at a cute Kookie. “Argh. Now he also ignores me. So done.” Yoongi desk palmed and screamed into the table.

 

    “Um. Can you quiet down? You are kind of making a scene and disturbing other customers.” Someone said, tapping Yoongi’s shoulder. In the corner of Yoongi’s eyes, he could see Taehyung smirk at him. That guy. Argh.

 

    “Sorry. But my so call best friend here just ditched me for his little boyfriend now if you don’t mind.” Yoongi replied to guy whose name tag read, “Jimin”. After he said that he screamed into the table again. “Our 3 years of friendship. Just sank. When he (Yoongi points at Jungkook childishly) showed up.” Yoongi was now fake sobbing.

 

    “I know how you- what?! WHO IS WHO’S BOYFRIEND?” Jimin shouted with his eyes looking like Kyungsoo’s. “Jungkook! YOU’RE DATING SOMEONE AND YOU NEVER TOLD US. HELLO THREE YEARS OF FRIENDSHIP FOR NOTHING?!” Jimin shouted, sitting next to Yoongi and fake sobbing with him.

 

    “Wow. You two will make great friends, and if Yoongee has some balls, you guys will make a great couple. So alike. Too alike. I don’t approve. One Yoongi is enough. Now I am going to swift my boyfriend off his feet, so he could actually pay attention to me.” Taehyung said, shaking his head in a disapproved matter. He went up and got on line, not that Jungkook notices, he is too busy taking another customers’ order.

 

When Taehyung finally got to the front of the line, “Jungkook your break!” Someone shouted from the back door.

 

“Sorry, can you- Taehyung.” Jungkook chuckled. “You know you could have just sat and waited for me. What do you want to eat?”

 

“A slice of chocolate cake and a hot chocolate. And a slice of strawberry cake with a green apple green tea for my boyfriend please.” Taehyung said, beaming at him.

 

“Boyfriend? What boyfriend? Last time I checked you were still single.” Jungkook said, tapping on the screen. Biting his lips, so he won’t smile. Being called his boyfriend again felt nice.

 

“Kookie! You can’t do this to me! I love you and you love me and that’s all I really know.” Taehyung said, bursting out singing Taylor Swifts, “Love Story”.

 

“Omg, you’re so dorky, who wants to be your boyfriend. Here’s your order. Please take a seat.” When Jungkook handed him the tray with a slice of chocolate cake, strawberry cake, hot chocolate and a green apple green tea, someone with the nametag, “Jin” on it took over the cashier. “I’ll go change out of my work uniform. My next shift is not in another 2 hours so. Let’s get to know Yoongi better. Yesterday, you just locked me in your room.”

 

“I know you love it.” Taehyung winked. Jungkook rolled his eyes.

 

“Jungkook. You had with him!!” Jin whispered-shouted. With this being said, the couple burst out laughing.

 

“No,  we were catching up with each other, playing video games, cuddling here and there, watching a movie, and that’s it. I still haven’t been deflowered yet, hyung.” Jungkook said in between laughter and left for the back room.

 

“He had not been deflowered yet. I believe that will change soon.” Taehyung said, wiggling his eyebrows.

 

    Jin gasped, “Hell nah, keep your filthy hands off my baby boo.”

    “Who’s your baby boo?” Jungkook asks as he came out of the back door and stand next to Taehyung.

 

    “I just got rejected by my baby boo… You hanging out with his guy? I disapprove. Choose another one.” Jin said, glaring at Taehyung.

 

    “Hyung, chill. Go back to work. I’ll be in the cafe, don’t worry.” Jungkook dragged Taehyung out of there before Jin could finally say the words, “Don’t talk back to me. Omg. My baby boo finally talking.” He said it anyways.

 

    “He’s crazy.”

 


 

 

    “His cheeks are cute.” Yoongi thought. “Why is he so cute?”

 

    “Um.. Thanks?” Jimin asked more than appreciating the compliment.

 

    “. I didn’t mean to say it out loud. I mean to say, your cheeks looks so sof- What the hell am I saying. Sorry.” Yoongi panicked. , where is Taehyung when you need him?

 

    Jimin takes notice of Yoongi’s red cheeks, he pinched Yoongi’s cheeks without noticing. He widened his eyes, “Sorry, your cheeks- it- umm..” He squeaked.

 

    “Argh. Just get together already. So annoying.” Taehyung said shaking his head as he pulled Jungkook into his lap.

 

    “Oh yeah. Taehyung, did you get the email from the Uni already? The beginning is pretty useless, but read the end of it.” Yoongi said, trying his best to ignore the cutie that was sitting next to him.

 

    Taehyung hummed at him, taking out his phone, casually using Jungkook’s lap as a table. “Oh. You going to Seoul University? I go there to. Looks like we will see each other more often. Jimin and Kyungsoo also goes there. Remember him? The gu-”

 

    The door chimed, not only that but it was open quite harshly that it made the whole cafe shake a little. “Jungkook!! I WAS YOUR FRIEND FOR 5 YEARS. 5 YEARS. AND YOU DON’T EVEN TELL ME THAT YOU ARE SPEAKING AGAIN! I MISS THAT DAMN VOICeeeeeee….. Is that Taehyung?” Kyungsoo said, tilting his head, looking to the side to see the guy Jungkook was sitting on. “HOLY ! IT’S TAEHYUNG! ARE YOU GUYS BACK TOGETHER. OMG. Someone hold me, I’m going to faint.”

 

    “Soo, you got to be quiet, you’re disturbing other customers.” Jongin said, massaging Kyungsoo’s shoulder before looking at Jungkook with wide eyes too. “Holy mother of cows. Jungkook you’re going out with that guy? Damn. Be scoring someone the minute you got your voice back, must feel nice.” Everyone chuckled including Jin who was walking towards them.

 

    “Okay, okay! Can we continue this after we close for today? Because it seems like the store is running by itself here.”

 

    “You guys want help? Me and Yoongi are going to be staying here for a while, we can help out instead of watching you guys work. If you don’t mind of course.” Taehyung said, lifting Jungkook up.

 

    “Of course, this way.” Jin said, beaming at him. “Jungkook. I approve of him.”

 

    “B-b-b-but my iced caramel macchiato!!” Yoongi said, reaching for his drink as Taehyung dragged him, following Jin into the back room.

 


 

Flashback...

    

“Jungkook! Let’s have a picnic at the park today! It’s sunny~ And just perfect!” Taehyung singsongly said.

 

    “Sure. I don’t mind, we don’t have much homework anyways.” Jungkook shrugged, after answering his boyfriend, he went back into reading the novel he was holding. They were currently in the school library, “studying”

 

    “Let’s go right now~ I’ll meet you in front of the park in 25 minutes? I got the food prepared, will more like my maid made it but eh.”

 

    “Wow. You didn’t think I was going to reject you?” Jungkook said, closing his book. “What are you going to do if I reject you?”

 

    “Psh. I sit in the corner till you say yes.” Taehyung said, but quickly changing his answer when Jungkook gave him the stinking eye. “Just kidding, I’ll be arriving at your house, and we going to have a movie marathon, whether you like it or not.”

 

    “Ooh. Can we just have a movie marathon? I don’t feel like going to the park. Besides, since today is Friday, you can sleep over. You never know, the clouds might decide to cry on you.”

 

    “.... fineeee.” Taehyung said, kissing Jungkook’s temple. “Let’s head to my house first then. I’ll get a spare outfit and the food.”

 

    “Why can’t we just watch the movie in your house?”

 

    “Because. You have a bigger movie collection than me?” Taehyung said, smiling cheekily. Jungkook raised his eyebrows at him, giving him the “You sure that’s all” look. “Okay fine. I was hoping I could eat some of your mom’s cooked meals. They are so good.”

 

At Jungkook’s house…

 

    “Taehyung! Good to see you back, you come here way to often, I’m getting sick of your face.” Jungkook’s mom teased.

 

    “Omma~ Don’t be like that! You know you love me, I know you care~” Taehyung cried, hugging Jungkook’s mom.

 

    “Kidding. But please. Never sing that song to be ever again. Don’t want to make a certain Kookie jealous now.”

 

    “Omma!~ Stop embarrassing me. We’re going to be in the living room watching movies.” Jungkook whined, pulling Taehyung into the living room couch as he went to get a movie for the two to watch.

 

    “Ne. Ne. I’ll be at Auntie’s house today, so if you guys gonna do it, please use a ! Byeee~” Jungkook heard the door lock. He sighed relieve. Just when he was about to press play, “Oh! There is food in the fridge, I’ll be back tomorrow at 10. If you need me to buy you anything, text me!” And she was off again.

 

    “Your mom is hella cool, every time I come over. I never want to leave.” Taehyung said, not noticing that Jungkook has now cuddle up against him, and looking at him as he talked, a habit of his. Taehyung turned his head towards Jungkook, only to be met with a pair of unexpected lips.

 

    Both their eyes widened, “. I’m sorry! I know you told me that no kissing for the first month! That was a total accident.” Taehyung went into panic mode. He was looking everywhere but Jungkook, and was moving around a lot. He was stopped when a pair of lips met his again. When he saw Jungkook with his eyes close, feeling the smile against his lips, he began to kiss back.

 

    “Hey guys! I forgot my phone on the count- Woah. God damn, you guys move fast.” Jungkook’s mom said, picking up her phone from the counter, “Just ignore me, see you now.” The two pulled back from each other, Jungkook hiding in Taehyung’s chest.

 

    “That was so embarrassing.” Jungkook whispered into Taehyung’s chest. Taehyung only laughed and pulled the guy in his chest closer to him. When they finally pressed play, the thunder roared. “I hope Mom has an umbrella with her…”

 

(a/n) Guess who decided to abandon their research homework and finish writing their one-shot. This girl of course. 

It's 11:23pm. Aiming for that 6969 words, but.. this author note is going to be long? 

So <--- the 6969th word of this fanfic. I'm going to shamelessly promote myself because Hello me hella proud right now? 

I am aiming for 120 followered on instagram by the end of this year. So, if you guys kindly follow me on instagram it will be hella appreciatated

My instagram username: min.ute

And check out my chaptered story if you guys haven't already <3

Escape.

Thanks for reading. I know it's not that good.. but like I finished it and that don't happen often. Until now <3 

See you in my other stories or comment section. Peace <3