Final

Mean

The manager opens the van door when he sees the four girls walking towards the van while waving and bowing to the fans and reporters. As usual, Irene is being clingy to Seulgi ; interlocking her hand with the bear-like girl, occassionally giving fanservices to the screaming fans. Wendy has a bright smile plasters on her face as she tries to give high-five to the fans as much as she can. Meanwhile the youngest, Joy, just simply waves to the crowd, with a small grin. They reach the van and enter it one by one and take their respective seats ; it's always the same. Irene will automatically takes the seat next to Seulgi at the front while Joy is stuck with Wendy at the back. Joy doesn't complain either, as long as she doesn't have to get stuck with the bear of the group.

 " Oppa, give me my phone, please. " says Joy as soon as their manager gets into the van.

The manager shakes his head while rummaging a bag, searching for the maknae's phone.

" You aren't dating with anyone, aren't you? Why are you always on your phone? " says the manager while handing the device to Irene and the leader gives it to Joy.

Joy snickers at his words.

" What? No, I just want to check on my UFO. You can say I'm dating with my fans, oppa. " replies Joy, grinning.

Wendy stiffles her laugh, but Joy hears it and the youngest makes a face to the older.

" Why are you laughing, unnie? It's not wrong to say that, isn't it?

The Canadian girl shakes her head, placing her arm around Joy.

" No, but your replies aren't sweet at all, Sooyoung-ah. Is that how you reply to them? " Wendy laughs.

Irene joins in, " Agree, you literally told them to eat fart when they asked you to choose between chicken and them. What's that, Joy? Most of your replies are cold and mean. How sweet. "

Joy whines.

" Ah, I guess it's better than flirting with them like how Seulgi unnie did. " says Joy absentmindedly as she's scrolling on her phone.

This time, Irene bursts into a fit of laughter along with Wendy as Seulgi turns her body, facing the girl behind her with a shock face.

 " Uhm, excuse me? "

Joy smirks, reading out loud, " If you like me that much, you better start loving me now~ What else... ah! This one, you're mine too~ "

Joy's grin gets wider as she is looking at Seulgi's flushed face. She clicks on her tongue when the older huffs in defeat.

Wendy nudges on Joy's side, " Ah, you know our Seulgi has sweet tongue, aren't you? The fans like it though. "

Joy roll her eyes, " She's a flirt. "

Wendy and Irene take it as a joke, thinking that Joy is just teasing Seulgi. Meanwhile Seulgi is uneasy on her seat, feeling that a certain someone behind her is staring a hole on the back of her head. She keeps fidgetting on her seat until Irene slaps her thigh lightly, asking her to stay still.

" Sit properly, unnie. You're making noises, it's noisy. " groans Joy from the back.

Seulgi frowns.

Why is she so mean to me? She isn't being sarcastic to either Irene or Wendy.. Why it's just me? Did I do something wrong to her?

 

*

 

 

Joy is still looking at her UFO when they are having dinner together that night. She will feeds one scoop of rice in before reading the fans' questions and repeat the steps. She just won't stop replying to the fans. Irene doesn't fond of that. Joy seems so engrossed on her UFO that she doesn't listen to her when she talks about their upcoming comeback.

She clears , " Joy, enough. It's dinner time, let's just eat and talk about our group. You can reply to them after this. "

Joy still doesn't listen to her and keeps giggling while typing her replies. Wendy notices that Irene is losing her patience and she quickly snatches on Joy's phone. Joy whines and tries to get her phone back, but she stops when Wendy gestures her to look at Irene. The youngest turns to look at the leader who is staring back at her.

Silence.

Seulgi doesn't want Irene to scold Joy, she knows Joy will sulk if they scold her. A sulking Joy is never her favorite sight of the maknae.

" Irene unnie... Joy- "

As soon as she said that, Joy suddenly makes aegyo to the leader, talking with her cute voice while swaying her legs up and down.

" Aah~ Irene unnie~ I'm sorry... I promise I won't do that again after this, forgive me, pleaseeee~? " says Joy, showing her never ending aegyo to Irene.

Irene still manages to keep her tight straight face, not wanting to defeat too soon. Joy frowns when her attempt to persuade Irene fails. She turns to Wendy, who in turn looks away from her, focusing on the food instead.

Joy grabs on Wendy's shirt, tugging on it, making Wendy has no choice but to look at her.

" Unnie, Irene unnie is mad at me.... " tells Joy, pouting.

 Wendy playfully roll her eyes at the youngest and sighs afterwards.

" I wonder why God made you this bipolar, Sooyoung. One time you're playful like a little devil, one time you're quiet with your stoned face and one time you're like this, full of cringing aegyo. "

Joy whines again, making Wendy face-palm herself.

" I only make aegyo to you and Irene unnie...! You should be happy for that.. Or I'll be an to you all the time.. "

Wendy groans, " Ah, seriously, Joy? Joohyun unnie, help me from this madness.. "

Irene finally let out a chuckle once Joy can't stop harassing the Canadian girl with her overflowing aegyo, making Wendy rub her ears in annoyance, hoping that Joy's voice disappears from her head. Meanwhile Seulgi is eating her food silently, while watching the youngest being all cute and pampered with both Irene and Wendy.

Many questions appear in her mind. She doesn't get why Joy is always mean and cold to her and only her. She never listens to her but when Irene and Wendy give advises, she immediately obeys them. When she tries to talk to her, she will pretend like she doesn't hear it. When she wants to be playful with her, she will run away and play with the others instead, not forgetting to give a glare to her. Seulgi is confused. The treatment that Joy gives her is different than the others. Joy is literally the playful maknae when she's with Irene or Wendy. But when she's with her (in which Joy can't do anything but to stuck with her), she is like a little devil ; mean, harsh, and cold. Seulgi admits that she feels a tinge of jealousy whenever Joy acts nice with people around her but Seulgi. But she never get to talk with Joy about it since the youngest always know how to avoid being alone with her. Seulgi grips hard on the chopsticks, eyes never leaving Joy who is teasing Irene. She huffs.

You want to be mean, huh? Two can play this game, Park Sooyoung.. I can be mean too.

Seulgi smirks, chuckling to herself. Her mind is plotting plans to do the revenge. A sweet revenge.

 

*

 Joy snorts loudly when reading her UFO, earning attention from Wendy who sits beside her. Wendy takes a peek as Joy is typing her replies. The look on Joy's face is mischievous and devilish and that's when Wendy knows the youngest is up to something again. She just shakes her head and diverts her attention to the music program on TV. Irene is laying on her lap, occassionaly tickling the foreigner's sides, making Wendy wails for her to stop assaulting her. Meanwhile Seulgi is nowhere to be seen.

" Seulgi is cute like Pikachu, huh? " grumbles Joy as she presses on the SEND key.

Another question catches her attention.

She reads, " My nickname is our baby Seulgi.. What should I change it into? "

" Baby Seulgi? Serious? " scoffs Joy.

Her fingers tap on the screen.

Our big dumb bear. That's more suitable for that silly bear.

SEND.

 

She laughs while looking at her own replies. Soon after, her stomach grumbles. She thinks that's enough for today and put away her phone before heading to the kitchen. She opens the fridge, eyes searching for a certain box of her favorite food. It's nowhere to be seen. She rummages through the fridge, but the box is really gone. She frowns. Who dares to touch her food without her permission? She closes the fridge and walks to the living room.

" Who ate my chicken...? A box of chicken is gone.. That's my chicken...! " shrieks Joy while stomping on her feet.

Wendy and Irene get up from the couch, looking at the raging maknae. They exchange looks and shrug their shoulders at the same time. Joy huffs. Hands curl into fists. Eyes looking at the room where Seulgi is probably at. Once again, Wendy and Irene look at each other, alarmed as Joy stomps her way to the room. Joy twists on the door knob and swing the door open, revealing Seulgi who is lying on the bed, playing with her laptop and a certain small box is beside her.

" Uh oh.. " gasps Irene when she peeks behind Joy.

Joy grit her teeth, " That's.... mine. The chicken is mine..! Why you ate them all..!? "

Wendy closes her ears when Joy starts to shout at Seulgi, meanwhile Irene tries to calm the youngest down.

" Hey, hey.. Easy, Joy.. It's okay, I'll buy new one for you.. " whispers Irene softly.

" You know I don't like if someone took what's mine, unnie. "

Seulgi gets up from her position, a wide smile appears on her face as she looks at Joy.

" Yours? I don't see your name on it, Sooyoung.. So everyone can eat it, including me. Too bad you're too late. " Seulgi sticks out her tongue.

Wendy stands beside Joy, mouthing " are you crazy " to the same age girl.

Seulgi takes the box and walk towards the angry Joy, still smiling. She stops right in front of the taller one, tip-toeing a little before whispering on Joy's lips.

" Not only you can be mean, Sooyoung. This is just the start. "

Seulgi then walks away, leaving dumbfounded Joy and speechless Wendy and Irene.

What does she meant by that...?

*

 SMACK!

Joy startles from her sleep when she feels something hit her hard on the face. She rub her eyes, only to get hit again right on her face. She gets up quickly and realize someone is sitting on her bed. The surrounding is dark, thus she can't make out who the person is, but she doesn't need to see who it is. Wendy is her bedmate. It's none other than Wendy, she thinks.

" What are you doing, Wendy unnie.... I want to sleep... " grumbles Joy.

She hears a snicker from the harasser.

She doesn't sound like Wendy...?

Another hit.

" Ouch..! Seriously, stop it Wen.... "

" I'm not Wendy, silly. " says the person.

Joy has her eyes open wide as she realize who the person actually is. Seulgi! She switches on the bed lamp and see Seulgi smirking at her, preparing to hit her again. Joy is too slow to dodge the hit, resulting her to fall off of the bed when Seulgi smacks her side with a bolster.

" Oh my god.... That's hurt... " whimpers Joy while rubbing the back of her head.

As she is about to get up, she feels a sudden presence on top of her, and she squeals in shock when she sees Seulgi is straddling her. Seulgi places her finger on Joy's lips, preventing her from making any noises.

Joy hisses, " What do you think you're doing? Get up from me...! "

Seulgi chuckles. Joy's reddened face amuses her. She leans closer, and Joy backs her head away in reflex but Seulgi is quick to put her hand on Joy's head, holding her in place. A small smirk forms on her face.

She purposely breathes on Joy's quivering lips, making Joy squirms uncomfortably under her.

" How do you like this side of me, Sooyoung? You think this big dumb bear of yours, can't be wicked and mean too, huh? "

Something inside Joy triggers when Seulgi says that. Joy never like to be challenged. She bold herself and brush her lips on Seulgi, in purpose. Seulgi is taken aback at the sudden touch, but she manages to compose herself.

" Is this what you call by mean? This isn't witty at all, unnie. I can do better than you. " Joy scoffs.

Seulgi raise her eyebrows. She likes it when Joy acts arrogant and confident like this. She finds it attractive. She decides to step up the game by running her slender finger on Joy's collarbone. She swears a low moan comes out from Joy when her finger goes downward, now outlining her cleavage. She tugs on Joy's bra, teasing her, and a short gasp escapes the youngest lips.

" Maybe, you're right. I don't know how to be mean. That's your forte, not mine. And that's why I'm dying to know why are you only mean to me. " says Seulgi as her finger continues to draw random patterns on Joy's exposed skin.

" I won't tell you. Try me. "

Seulgi clicks her tongue, " Being mean isn't what I'm capable of, but... "

Joy takes a sharp breath when Seulgi dives for her neck, brushing her soft lips on her sensitive skin.

Joy can feel Seulgi smirks on her skin.

" ... I'm more than capable in teasing. Making someone writhes under me. Shouts under my touches. Craving for me. "

Joy giggles, but it comes out as a hoarse one as she is holding herself from letting out unnecessary noises because of Seulgi's teasing on her neck.

" Admit your defeat, or you can say goodbye to your so called innocent image. " grins Seulgi as her teeth nibbles on Joy's milky white skin.

Joy groans hard. She swears she will lose all her sanity and rationality if Seulgi doesn't stop her ministrations.

" Attention. " she simply says.

Seulgi looks at her, urging her to spill everything out.

" Go on, I'm listening. "

" Only if you spare me my innocence. I'm still young for this. "

Seulgi laughs. Nevertheless, she nods to her.

Joy sighs, " I wanted to have your attention. "

" By being mean? How amusing. " Seulgi responds.

Joy roll her eyes.

" Shut up. Or I'll kiss you- "

A peck.

" Too late. " Seulgi sticks her tongue out.

" Stop or I won't tell you and you can be curious for the rest of your life. " threatens Joy.

Seulgi gasps and make a shock face, resulting her to get a glare from the youngest.

" Indeed, a dumb bear. "

Seulgi smiles, " A fool only for you. "

Joy smiles shyly, " I think by being mean I could have your attention, instead of being clingy to you. Since Irene unnie is in charge of being clingy to you, while Wendy unnie is already playful with you. I wanted to be different. Plus, I'm always sarcastic with you because I'm jealous. Jealous when you flirt with someone else. When you smile to someone else. When you closed to someone else. When you hold someone else's hand than mine.. I wanted to show you my feelings in a different way rather than being all mushy and cheesy with you. "

Seulgi jokes, " That's Irene unnie's style. "

Joy nods, " Right. And I think I'm succeed at that. Look at you now. Do I have your attention now, Kang Seul? "

Seulgi wrap her arms around Joy's waist, bringing them closer.

" Not only my attention. But... my heart also. "

Joy playfully makes a disgusted face.

" I'm cringing, unnie....! "

Seulgi leans forward. Their lips merely touch each other.

" But you seem to be enjoying it, Sooyoung. "

Joy captures Seulgi's raw bottom lip, whispering, " Yes, I do. "

They engage in a passionate lip-lock for a few minutes before Seulgi breaks the kiss. She looks at Joy intensely.

" Is that mean you're going to stop being mean to me after this? " says Seulgi as she plays with Joy's silky hair.

Joy shakes her head.

" I'm born to be mean for you. So I won't stop. "

Seulgi smirks, " Is that a different way to say, you're born for me and only me? "

Joy whispers, " For me to know, for you to find out. "

They soon burst into laughter as they tickle each other, until a certain voice shouts at them.

" Are you two done with your confessions!? We need to sleep over here...! " shouts Wendy from the other side of the room, follows by Irene's cute sleepy grumblings.

Joy wickedly look at Seulgi and the older nods in agreement. They get up from the floor and dash their ways to Irene and Wendy's bed before jumping on them ; Seulgi on top of Wendy while Joy on top of Irene. Their night that day fills with laughters, giggles, shouts and screams. Oh, and the leader's naggings too.

 

 

Yah...! Don't sleep while I'm talking! These kids..!

 

 

*