Final

Of Petty Arguments and First Experiences

“Jongin open the door! Let Taeoh out, he’s going to be late!”

“No!”

“Kim Jongin, don’t be a brat! He’s eventually going to school anyway!”

“He’s still too young! What if he cries when we leave him there?! What if his classmates don’t like him and he ends up being alone?! What if his teacher is actually a monster in human form?! What if-“

“Shut up, you’re overthinking! I’ve talked to his teacher once and he’s not a monster alright. Now if you’ll kindly open the door because it’s 7:30 and his classes starts at 8am and we both still need to prepare for work after dropping him off!”

 

Defeated, Jongin opened the door to their room, with little Taeoh clinging at the back of his legs, giggling and smiling widely because-

 

“Yay school!!!”

 

He hurriedly ran towards his appa, asking him to hurry up appa ‘m gonna be late for school!, followed by more giggling. Kyungsoo can’t help but smile because of his son’s enthusiasm, but when he looked back at his husband, his smile faded and returned to a scowl. Now Jongin’s torn between asking for an apology or continuing his sulking because his baby’s going to school.

 

After tying Taeoh’s shoelaces, Kyungsoo grabbed the car keys, picked up his son and looked at Jongin who’s about to follow them.

 

“Who said you’re coming with us? Stay here and prepare for work, and while you’re at it, stop sulking and reflect on your actions. Can’t you see your son’s excitement over school?”

 

Jongin opened his mouth to argue that he should come but Kyungsoo beat him to it.

 

“No, Jongin. You can’t come. If you spent your time awhile ago preparing for work, and not locking your son inside our room, then we’d even have enough time to still get some coffee before work. But you chose to be a brat, so no. Make sure you’re dressed up when I get back.”

 

Oblivious to what’s happening, Taeoh happily shouted “Bye daddy!” to Jongin before the door closed.

 

 

----

 

 

After Kyungsoo dropped his son at school, he got back to their house to pick up Jongin, whom he found all dressed up in his work uniform, sitting on the couch while staring at his lap and pouting like a kid who got scolded after trying to steal his playmate’s toy.

 

Sighing, Kyungsoo came closer to him and said “Let’s go, Jongin.”, but Jongin just looked up at him with tears welling up in his eyes and blurted out a Sorry, hyung! I love you! Please don’t leave me, I swear I’m not gonna do it again while standing up and engulfing Kyungsoo in a tight hug, in which Kyungsoo almost fell back because of the force.

 

All of his anger faded when he saw the sincerity in Jongin’s eyes. In fact, he thought Jongin’s so cute when he’s guilty and over reacting that he can’t control the giggles that escaped his mouth.

 

Still pouting, Jongin stepped away from the hug, looked at Kyungsoo seriously and asked,

 

“Hyung, why are you laughing?! I’m really serious okay. I’m so sorry! Please don’t leave me with Taeoh, I don’t know what I’ll do without you. I now realized how immature I’ve been awhile ago. I just… I’m not yet ready to let Taeoh go, why does time flies so fast?”

 

All while stomping his feet like a kid. Kyungsoo didn’t fail to see the tears welling up in his husband’s eyes (yet again) and the frustration he’s feeling. Now smiling, he hugged Jongin again and said,

 

“Are you sure you’re 22 years old?”

“Hyuuuung!!!”

 

Laughing, Kyungsoo continued, “Jongin, you’re over reacting again. I’m not mad. Ok, maybe I was mad earlier but I’m not mad anymore. I’m glad to know you’ve realized that what you did earlier was really immature but I’m not going to leave you because of that alright? Oh, and if ever I actually leave you, please know that I’m gonna take Taeoh with me.”

 

“Nooo! Hyung, please!”

 

 After a bit more laughing because of his husband’s cuteness, Kyungsoo kissed Jongin’s cheeks which made Jongin blush and smile shyly at his husband. Amused, Kyungsoo said,

 

 “Seriously, Jonginnie? After 5 years of being with me, you still get shy when I kiss your cheeks? Are you sure you’re the top in this relationship?”  And as if to mock him, he continued peppering Jongin’s face with kisses, purposely avoiding his lips. Jongin’s face became redder with each kiss but he can’t help but pout when Kyungsoo stopped without kissing him in the lips.  

 

“Hyung..”

“Yes, Jonginnie?”

“Kiss me…”

“But I’ve already kissed you a lot?”

“No, kiss me here..” Jongin said, trying to pout his lips to emphasize where he wants to be kissed.

Acting oblivious, Kyungsoo replied, “Hmm.. I don’t know what you’re saying Jongin, can you be more specific, baby?”

“Hyuuung..”

“What?”

“Kiss meeeee~” Jongin whined.

“I told you I don’t know- mmph!”

 

Kyungsoo’s words were cut when Jongin kissed him square in the mouth. The kiss lasted for a few seconds, until Kyungsoo separated to catch his breath. Looking at each other’s eyes, they can’t stop the huge smiles from forming on their faces. After a minute of just staring at each other, they decided to really start preparing for work but not without the promise of continuing the kiss later when they’re alone at night.

 

 

----

 

 

After their work, Kyungsoo fetched Jongin from work and Taeoh from school. With the request of chicken for dinner from Jongin and Taeoh, Kyungsoo decided to treat the boys at a chicken and pizza place a few minutes from their house.

 

During the dinner, Taeoh can’t stop rambling about his first day at school.

 

“Teacher Baek played and sang a lot with us, appa! And when we were eating our snacks, his boyfriend Yeollie hyung came and played with us! He said someday I can go to his house and play with him, can we do that, appa? Daddy? Pretty please!”

“Oh great, now he likes his teacher and his boyfriend more than us.” Jongin mumbled, a frown starting to form on his lips.

 

Kyungsoo kicked Jongin’s foot from under the table, and Jongin yelped a loud “OW!!” which earned them stares from the other people eating at the restaurant. When Kyungsoo looked at his son, he started to panic because his son’s lips started to wobble (he mistook his daddy’s yelp with a no, dammit Jongin),

 

“No! I mean yes, baby! Ofcourse we can do that. In fact, we can just invite your teacher Baek and Yeollie hyung so you can play with your toys at home. Would you like that?”

 

And just like that, Taeoh’s mood went back to its normal happy state and Kyungsoo sighed because that was close. Meanwhile on Kyungsoo’s side, Jongin’s frown just got deeper.

 

 

----

 

 

After the dinner, the family went straight home since it was getting late and Taeoh needed his good night’s sleep for another day at school tomorrow. As soon as they got home, Kyungsoo dressed Taeoh in his jammies and tucked him in his bed. After a few storytelling and lullaby singing, the kid finally fell asleep.

 

When Kyungsoo opened the door to his and Jongin’s bedroom, he found Jongin deep in his thoughts while lying on his spot on their bed. After quickly changing his clothes into more comfortable ones, Kyungsoo got into bed and quickly cuddled with his husband. When Kyungsoo asked Jongin what’s wrong, the latter just answered with a small hum, but Kyungsoo won’t have any of that, so he insisted on Jongin telling him what’s bothering him. But the moment Jongin let out his thought, Kyungsoo wished he just let Jongin keep his mouth shut because,

 

 

 

“Hyung, can we make another Taeoh?”

 

 

 

 

I guess it’s safe to say that the promised continuation of their kiss awhile ago didn’t happen anymore.

 

 

-------------------

 

A/N:

Just had the urge to write a parent!au, comments are welcome! uwu