1. when two strangers meet

the stranger

the stranger’s meeting

RINA'S POV

Walking outside was never my hobby but I had no choice though. People walking hand in hand, some have their hands full, and some had none. I was walking endlessly, bumping their shoulders to mine, reading the graphitized walls, greeting old people, and hearing vehicle noises on the road. No last stop to go, I walked as I breathe the air mixed with clean and polluted. My thoughts: What am I doing?

Seeing couples hugging makes me want to wonder. I never answer those questions in my mind.  I decide to sit down in a café next to the window after I got my drink from the counter, still thinking of my thoughts. Outside, I see no stars and the moon were covered by the dark clouds in the sky. That scenery made me frown. Then, minutes later, I saw a figure, a man who’s tall and almost perfect. Almost, I never knew or met his personality. Sipping my drink, I was studying him and his every movement (sounds stalker-ish).

Suddenly, his shiny brown eyes met my hazel brown. I turn away from his beautiful gaze so that I won’t be staring at him every time. I noticed him smirking before I turned around. Still sipping and rummaging my bag, looking for the book that I’ve bought a week ago. Then, I hear footsteps… he’s walking towards me.

“Umm, excuse me, is this seat taken?” he said.

 “No, it’s not. You can sit if you want” I replied. He sat down and started talking.

“A while ago, you were staring at me for a second, so I decide to and have a conversation with you. Is that ok with you?”

“Yeah, sure you can. That staring thingy, it’s a habit of mine, and I’m not good at starting making conversation.” I said.

He continued staring at me. He’s a stranger, Rina. Why are you letting him sitting on the opposite side? I thought heavily.

“Is there a problem, miss?” he asked. I don’t know him or his name. Why is he asking me? The man then facepalmed softly himself,

“Geez, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Wu Yifan, but you can call me Kris. Sorry for asking you questions but I forgot to introduce.” He said.

“It’s okay. I tend not to take the conversation seriously. I’m Kim Rina. Nice to meet you.”

I continued sipping my coffee and tried to ignore him for a minute.

“Rina. That’s a nice name,” he said. I blushed and too shy to say ‘thank you’.

I decide to stare at him, “Why do you like to sit with me and start a conversation?” I asked.  

He then replied, “Well, because you are in need of a company, but right now, you’re talking to a stranger.” He smiled.

Your thoughts are attacking again, Rina, you did it. It’s your first step on (almost) getting a boyfriend [lel]. Then you imagined something but he suddenly interrupted your imagination.

“Rina, you keep on spacing out. Are you ok?”

“Oh! Sorry. Yeah, I’m fine. Thanks for asking.” I noticed he didn’t order any cup.

“Umm Kris, are you going to order a drink? I noticed that when you went in, you sat on the chair directly.”  I told him honestly. “Hmmm, I forgot that though. You’re good at reading people’s movements.”

“Oh. I used to be a psychology student for one year but then I shifted on another course, and yea, I graduated last year.”

He stood up and ordered a coffee. Then, he went back to his seat and, minutes later, the waitress came with the coffee on the tray and placed it on the table. She tapped my shoulder and said, “Good luck with getting him. I’ll root for you. Fighting.” She then smiled and left.

I saw Kris on a confused face, “What did she say?” he asked.

“Nothing, just a little bit of advice, I guess,” I replied and lowered my head to take a sip of my coffee. My coffee had gone cold already. Gosh, he keeps on talking to me and I had no choice but to reply.

 He cleared his throat to catch my attention and it did. “Is your coffee cold already? You can have mine.” He said.

I squinted my eyes entirely, “How did you know that my coffee is cold? And no thanks for your coffee. Latte is not my favorite” Is he reading my mind? Can he read minds? Weird.

Aish. Stupid Rina. You have to ask him questions.

Then, I started talking “Kris, how old are you? By the looks of it, you look younger than me.”

“I’m 25, thanks for asking. How about you? I guess that you’re 21?”

“Yes, I’m 21. Do you work here nearby?” Do I really need to stalk him in his workplace?

He laughed and I was confused about why he was laughing. “Yes, I work in a nearby office. Actually, I managed a company, and I also lived in a penthouse nearby, if you want to know where I live.”

I was surprised by what he said. He’s rich. Wow! My thoughts are talking again.

“Same here. I own a penthouse, too. I could say that my parents own a company also, but I decide to work in one of my parents’ owned company and I manage.”

We talked for hours (Author: I’m too lazy to continue writing their conversation.) And I realized that its 11 in the evening when I check my watch. Wow! Time flies so fast for sure.

“Kris, it’s getting late. I have to go home because… you know… it's getting dark and I don’t want to walk out on the dark.”

“Oh. I’ll walk with you to your home.” What? He’s going to walk with me home.

 “So… Where do you live?” he asked.

“In just some nice building. Too nice to be living in a penthouse though. It’s a 15-minute walk.”

We stood up and walked out from the café. We walked together to my penthouse and he was next to me. Then, minutes later, I saw the building of where I live.

“So this is it. This is where I live. Thank you for walking with me.” I said.

“You’re welcome. You can text me if you want to or if you like to talk to me over the phone.” He took out his phone and I typed my number and saved it. He then put his phone in his pocket and said “Thanks. Maybe I’ll see you around here.” I smiled.

“Yeah. Sure. I’ll see you around.” Then, he left.

I walked to the elevator from the lobby of the building and clicked 38th floor. Sure, I love the penthouse. I arrived on the 38th floor and opened the door to my penthouse. I quickly removed my shoes, placed it aside, went straight ahead to my room, quickly took off my clothing and wrap my body with a bathrobe to take a bath. Letting the bathtub filled with warm water, I dipped my body to it and decided to listen to a slow music from my docked iPod touch. Then, I got up and rub my body with a towel and wrap my body with another towel. I move myself to the room and changed into pajamas. Preparing to go to the bed then suddenly I heard a beep on my phone. It was a message from Kris.

 ~Goodnight, Rina. Sweet dreams~

I smiled while reading the text. I shook my head and slapped my cheeks. “Yawn. I should sleep now and prepare for another day tomorrow.” 
I dragged my body to my bed, lay down, placed a blanket above me and drifted to the dreamland.


I PLACED A LOT OF PRONOUNS INSTEAD OF THEIR NAMES T^T. PRONOUN GAME

And how many times have I edited this story all over before posting this offically? 

I'll be posting the next chapter soon. 

PLEASE DO COMMENT. I'LL BE HAPPY IF YOU DO COMMENT. 

Cheerio.