When You See You Know

In Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So this was a little something a friend on tumblr asked me to write for them and so I did, though I did end up changing the characters from laybeak to kailu because of the poster which was so hard to create! Yes I made that and meshed their faces together lol. Anyways I hope you enjoy!

 

 

The world has change. Human’s have changed. The way things work has changed. Human experimentation has made a new world. But the change taken by society, the rules the government implemented were not the change expected. Anything deemed unfit by them was punishable by what ever means they saw necessary. No juries, no judges, no court. Everything was decided by them. 

How does one know when he’s fallen in love? How does one know the exact moment it happens? Your eyes. Your eyes, when born are two different colors and when your find your significant other they change. The world will know.

So how is one supposed to except the fact that the one they love is not who society thinks fit for him? No someone they deem right. How is Kim Jongin supposed to except that fact that in a world run by them who say one man and one woman is the only way to love, his one true love is a boy? 

He wasn’t sure how it happened or why. One moment he was walking along the sidewalk, his best friend on his left rambling on about some new video game his parents surprised him with, and in the next, he was on the ground clutching at his eye. The one belonging to his other half. 

Jongin, knowing what this meant, searched the area around him with his own eye, looking for her. For his other half. He made out a petite figure scrambling into the nearby bakery, a hand covering their others eye. She had to be his. There was no one else going through the same experience. 

Quickly Jongin disentangled himself from his friend to follow the stranger. His love. He managed to stumble inside, his eye scrambling to find her. He let out a yelp of surprise in being pulled into the bathroom. The door was slammed shut behind him, the sound of the lock clicking into place. 

Jongin spun to face the person. Before him stood a brown haired boy not much shorter than he. His hand cover his right eye leaving his own blue one to gaze at the blonde before him. The same blue eye that Jongin was covering on his own face now. 

It dawned on him then. This was is other half. HE was his other half. 

They dropped their hands simultaneously showing each other their own eyes. Jongin's own green color stood out against the others blue one, but it slowly started changing, morphing, and a few seconds later it matched the strangers own. Jongin gasped. 

This situation was one he never imagined himself in. It was something he never saw happening to himself because it shouldn’t be happening. This-there must have been a defect. They weren’t programmed for this. They didn’t allow this. 

"This can’t be happening." The stranger breathed. It was as if he had taken the words from his tongue. But even as the man before him spoke Jongin couldn’t help but feel an overwhelming warmth from looking at his sweet, beautiful face.

"But it is." Was his reply. The boy before him blinked away the uprising tears. He backed away slowly and began pacing. He mumbled on and on about ‘how his family was going to disown him’ and ‘They will not be happy.’ 

He couldn’t help himself from taking the stranger in his arms, wrapping them around his slender waist from behind. The boy stiffened in his embrace. This wasn’t something he was used to. Either of them. It wasn’t something they were supposed to know. 

"No one will hurt you. I will protect you." Jongin didn’t know why he whispered these words, he didn’t understand why he was feeling the things he was now, but he knew they made the boy relax in his hold. He felt comfortable-they felt like home in each others arms. 

The boy, who's name he didn't even know, turned in his arms, burring his face in Jongin's chest. He could feel the boy's tears seeping through his shirt.

It was in no doubt that Jongin was scared because he was. This scared him. But there was something more that horrified him. What will they do when they find out? What will happen to the innocent deer before him. What will happen to them? 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter