The Survival Guide To Kim Jongdae

The Survival Guide To Kim Jongdae

If you are anything like me, you are likely to have that one annoying person in your life.

 

 

 

 


I step through the thinly water-cloaked sidewalk, the pelting bullets of tiny raindrops bouncing off against my umbrella above me. I shift my shoulder up, trying to readjust the straps of my backpack as I slow down and halt at the edge of the street. Two girls chatter together under a shared umbrella as they walk beside me. We all wait before we begin crossing towards the entrance gate of the school before us.

Suddenly, feeling a disturbance in the force, I try to speed up my pace to the front doors with hurried legs-

But my efforts were in vain.

"Minseok!"

 

 

 

 


And if you are me, you have Kim Jongdae.

 

 

 



I curse internally, stopping in my tracks knowing escape at this point is futile. Oh how the gods are playing my luck today.



Like they do everyday.



"Yes Jongdae?" I answer with a sigh, not wanting to encounter the wide smile that is bound to be on the other's face.



It's too early in the morning for this.



"Good morning, " He chirps with a bright smile.  What is there to smile about this early in the morning?



We're at school.



I scan over him unconsciously, taking in the dark blue umbrella he held to protect his outfit from the rain; his uniform shirt under the slightly thick jacket.



"Hn," I turn, making my way back towards the entrance with him following behind me.

 

 

 



'What's wrong with him?' you might ask. If you were to encounter Kim Jongdae for yourself, you might find him perfectly harmless and friendly.

 

 


 


"Good morning Jongdae oppa," A group of girls greet the male behind me as we walk down the hallway.



"Morning," He greets back with a smile.



We stop at my locker (he still won't stop following me... As usual), him leaning against the wall of lockers as I open my own.



"Why are you still here?" I frown at him before I open my backpack to exchange things I need for my morning classes.



"Keeping you company." He replies before a girl came to him, chatting about an assignment from a class they shared. He ruffled her hair before telling her bye as she left.



Finally...



Her voice was distracting me from my locker.



As I put things in my bag, one of my books slipped, falling onto the floor.



Motherer, I cursed in my mind. Now I have to bend down and get it. Why do I have to do so much work this early in the morning?



With a sigh, I lean to grab it the same time that Jongdae reached for it, our hands brushing one another.



I move my hand back, standing back up straight as Jongdae passes me my book. He's still smiling.



He needs to stop smiling.



"Here you go." He says.



I narrow my eyes at him, snatching the book away quickly.



"Aw, why did you snatched it?" He whines.



I slam my locker close and start my journey to the first stop in my tragic school routine.



"Because you have cooties now."

 


 

 


But that's until you are living as me. He will be constantly teasing you,

 

 

 



"Minseok did I ever tell you how fluffy your cheeks are? Just like a chipmunk. " He teases from beside me.

I glare at him, turning my head to look out the window at the gray and raining landscape.

 

 

 



Poking you,

 

 

 



He pokes my cheek once. "Minseok~."



Again.



"Minseok~."

 

Again.



"Minseok~."



A-freaking-gain.



"Minseoooook~."

 

 

 



Asking you unnecessary questions,

 

 

 

 



"What?" I snap, glaring at him.



And he just smiles wider.
 


"I don't get the problem." He points to the board where the teacher wrote a math equation for us to solve.



... When did he write that?



I begin to do the problem in my head, thinking of the answer. Which I didn't find.

 

So I guessed.



"Isn't the answer like 2x square or something?" I ask, eyes trailing down near him.



And to his paper.
 


Where he wrote the answer.



The right answer.



I frown. "Why are you asking me if you have the answer already?"



He chuckles. "I just wanted to bug you."

 

 

 



All just to irritate you.

 

 

 

 



"I don't like you..."


 

 

 

 


No need to fear, there are always solutions. Solution one: Pretend you are asleep and can't hear him. (You can't play dead in a classroom,  unless you are sitting in history and become bored to death. Then playing dead is acceptable).

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Minseok. Hey~." I feel him call next to me.



Just keep your eyes close, Minseok, and breath calmy. He'll leave eventually.



We were in science class but since our teacher isn't here, they gave us the period to do what we want.



"I know your not sleeping." His voice sounds closer. He begins to shake my arm. "Come on, I need you right now."



Just ignore what he says.



"Maybe he is sleep." I hear him mutter to himself.



Hehehe... Yes foolish one... Believe and leave...



"Fine." He huffs.



It went quiet.



Too quiet.



I was about to turn my head to spy on what he is plotting to do when I smell the familiar warm scent of a cologne.



"Minseok." His voice is low, right by my ear, making me jump and stumble away from him across a few chairs. The class stops, turning their head to the source of commotion.



Jongdae throws his head back and laughs as I glare up at him with a heated face, breathing hard as my heart thumped wildly against my chest.

 

 

 




If that fails, there is always option two- avoid him (or I would like to call, "The Swerve Method").

 

 

 

 



I was at my locker during the end of lunch, basking in the quiet absence of my daily annoyance.



Ah, silence.



"Minseok!"



I slam my locker close as he jogs near me.



"Hey, Minseo-"



"Swerve!" I duck, running the opposite direction from him and weaving through the crowds of kids to my next class. (If only my P.E teacher could see me now.)



Success.

 

 

 



Kim Jongdae will have you feeling jealous whenever he opens his mouth to sing, he while be having you frown whenever he let's out a hearty laugh, and he will have you want to scrunch your nose at his too kind gestures and charming personality towards everyone.

 

 

 

 



Music class with Jongdae is one of the most dreaded classes of the day. I sit in the back seats between my friends Luhan and Kyungsoo as Jongdae stood up in the front and sang.



"He's so good." Luhan compliments him.



I nod slightly.  I won't admit it outloud.



When he stops, the whole class erupts in claps, applauding the male.



"Oppa you sing like an angel." A girl compliments, making him laugh.



"I'm not that good." He says, denying the claim.



The girls swoon over his humble words, making me roll my eyes in annoyance.



He's not that good.

 

 

 




If you have someone like Kim Jongdae in your life, ABORT MISSION NOW. Make sure you weave this person out of your life while you still have a chance to survive.

 

 

 

 



"Ugh," I groan, standing by the main entrance of the school. I watch as kids exit out, leaving to do what they do after school hours.



I wanted to leave to but I seemed to have somehow misplaced my umbrella.



Just great.



I sighed, staring up at the droplets. Guess I'll just wait until it stops and run home quickly.



I wait, the kids growing fewer to exit as one minute turns into ten and into an hour.



"Come on rain," I whine softly, leaning against the wall. "Don't you want to take a break?"



I close my eyes.



"Minseok?"

 

 

 



But if you're like me, then you're screwed.

 

 

 



I open my eyes, looking behind me. Jongdae walked towards me, umbrella opened in his hand.



"What are you still doing here?" He asks, a hint of concern in his voice. "I thought you headed home already."



"I lost my stupid umbrella. " I mumble, looking away from his eyes.



"Then I'll walk you home."



I look back at him with widen eyes. "You don't have to."



He walks besides me, holding the umbrella above both of our heads and smiles at me, the smile much warmer compared to the others through the day; a hidden emotion that showed in that moment.



"But I want to." He grabs my hand, tugging me forward. "I can't just leave my boyfriend out in the rain. Now let's go."



I look down at the ground, cheeks warm, walking without a fight.

 

 



Because you're already in love with them.

 



"Okay."

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: My first Xiuchen oneshot! I have been going back and editing this over the last two hours, picking at every detail (if anyone read this when I first posted to now,you would see I changed/added some things). My editor wanted a kiss scene but maybe next oneshot. I needed a minor break to write something for fun before I get back to finishing updates for my other stories.

But thanks for reading! Comment, subscribe, upvote, do what you do!

-xxRxx

Other stories:

Run This Town