The Sorting Hat

Hogwarts Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR’S POV

“Not very competitive, but she has the confidence… But, with this big heart… Alright… It’ll be the best if she is in…” Many students held their breaths. All eyes were on the sorting hat.

Even McGonagall tore her gaze from the student list to the Sorting Hat.
“Hufflepuff!” The students with yellow line on their black cloaks cheered as they greeted Sooyoung warmly.
The tall girl laughed as she headed to the crowd who had been cheering for her, that made someone who sat beside her before chuckled sadly.

“It’s okay, Hyo. We can still hang out together…” Kwon Yuri placed her hand on her friend’s shoulder, sympathizing with her.
“No, it’s not lik…”
“It’s okay, you don’t have to act tough when you’re with me, Hyo. I know how close you and Sooyoung are.” The tough girl creased her brows while Yuri smiled kindly, Hyoyeon never seen Yuri being that understanding before.

“No, you don’t get it. That hasn’t paid our bet!” Finally Hyoyeon let out her rants.

“Huh? What bet?”

Remembering that it was her own friend who became their bet object, she pointed at the sorting hat, “Let’s just hope we won’t get into the same house as her.”

“Goo Hara!”

As a skinny girl walked cheerfully to the sorting hat, she put the hat on.

“Very competitive with a nice sense of humor. Ambition and desire. Well… SLYTHERIN!”

The mentioned house got its students gone wild, this Goo Hara was being watched by the boys there since she was a beauty and the girls like her since she was fun to be with.

There were some students sorted by the Hat after Goo Hara and they went to Gryffindor and Ravenclaw too.

There was a bit pause before Professor Mcgonagall put her wand onto her neck and, “Jung Jessica.”

Some students whispered to one and another when they saw Jessica standing up from where she was sitting.

“Good luck!” Taeyeon cheered for her new friend while Tiffany smiled brightly and slightly pushed her so she would get more courage to face the sorting hat, a hat which would determine their fates.

With a shy smile she walked to the chair under the sorting hat. The hat was closing her eyes when she finally sat there.

“Hmm…”

There was a long pause. It was quite long up to the point that Taeyeon asked to her friend who sat on the opposite side of her, “Is it asleep?”

Tiffany rolled her eyes at Taeyeon’s question, the short girl sure had gut since the Hat practically was magical and had good listening skill since it could hear what was voiced from the deepest of the deepest.

“It’s similar but different. It has one side and another side at the same time. It’s in your blood, but your Mom has a very opposite gene which you inherited that perfectly. Gryffindor would be better since you have that warrior kind of brave in you. But all Malfoy is in Slytherin…”

The whispers went louder when the Hat mentioned the name.

‘Malfoy’ was a legendary name alongside with ‘Potter’. It had been two generations since the two names became rivals. Everyone thought that they wouldn’t exist anymore since there was a massive killing of Aurors in Ministry of Magic due to the rise of betrayers among them.

That was why their names became some kind of Heroes since they stood out bravely to protect the wizards’ rights together with muggles’ rights in front of the Ministry.

But now, there was a ‘Malfoy’ among them. It created a buzz as soon as the Hat said the name.

Quietly Jessica whispered, “Not Slytherin… Not Slytherin…”

“Not Slytherin? Why? You can be great in it. Your ambition would be treated better and your desire of power would be fulfilled. Are you sure?”
Jessica got silenced, her Mom told her to be in Slytherin like her ancestors, but she didn’t want to be betrayed by her own friends like her Father experienced.

“Not all Gryffindors are great, honey. Look at Peter Pettygrew. And not all Slytherin are bad either, look at your grandfather who finally joined Potter family to stand up for our rights. And look at your Dad, is he a bad guy?”

Jessica sighed as she finally whispered, “Whatever fits me the best, Hat.”
“Alright. If that’s what you want, then… SLYTHERIN!” The students of the house got silenced for a while before cheered harder than they ever done.

The decision gave a bittersweet feeling to Jessica, she knew that many Slytherins were not as nice and kind as Hufflepuffs, not as clever and smart as Ravenclaws, not as heroic as Gryffindor, many of Slytherin were what you called ambitious, somehow selfish and not to mention the pure bloods here, they were a bit, if not much, arrogant.

And with her last name, she bet people would expect much from her which she didn’t know she could or couldn’t, fulfill the expectations.

It wasn’t really nice to be expected before everything started, it burdened.

With the corner of her eyes, Jessica could see Taeyeon and Tiffany, they l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter