Final

Fire Exit

 

 

 

 

3:00 AM.

 

 

Kyungsoo had a tough day at the coffee shop, and to spend the night all bundled up on his bed with his soft winter jacket and fluffy pillows, the poor guy still managed to sleep with a smile on his fresh face.

He likes being drowned in a pillow castle just like the clouds.

Sweet dreams... not.

 

The architecture student, who works in a coffee shop every after class and gets onto his plates immediately when he welcomes himself home, decided to spend more days in the university's dormitory after the start of Christmas break to finish the last hopes of his consistent Lister's grade card, his parents patiently waiting for him to come home. The perks of being the dream son of their neighborhood, he thinks.

But blueprints and techpens can be stressful too. No sleep. Instant noodles. Tasteless coffee when money's short. And he thanks God and all the forces of the universe that collided together just to put the room of the love of his life (ever since freshmen year) in front of his.

 

Kim Jongin.

 

You look cute on your creased uniform today.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo is a light sleeper, but when the cushion's too soft and comfortable for his lithe body, it's not his fault that his mind turns off the world. Except when you're too desperate to wake him up.

Or the fire alarm is ringing.

 

. The fire alarm is ing ringing.

 


Kyungsoo's eyes shot wide open as the tingling sound of the building's device filled his ears. He couldn't function well enough since he's dozed off deep that he curses to himself because he doesn't know for which reason: it's either that was a good dream for 's sake or what am I supposed to do the building is on ing fire am I going to die

 

There are only few people who stayed in the dormitory after the vacation started, and to live in the 8th floor where Kyungsoo thinks is already abandoned except him and a few students scattered more than ten rooms away from his, he wanted to shout for help in a corridor which only offered back an eerie reply.

Kyungsoo struggled on his big jacket, large enough to suit up two people and hemmed down to his ankles because he likes his sleeping coats that way, big and fluffy. He stormed out of his room and headed to the nearest fire exit with the biggest steps he can manage when suddenly, warm fingers were wrapped around his thin wrist pulling him to the emergency-equipped door.

 

"Faster." The taller man spat out, turning his head on Kyungsoo before pushing the block with his bare arms.

 

Kyungsoo got even more shocked not because of the fire, but because of the tanned man who's only wearing boxers, blue and checkered that's perfectly fit on his peeking pelvis.

 


It's Kim Jongin.

 


Kyungsoo couldn't comprehend what's going on anymore. Is it because of the disturbing fire alarm? His favorite sanctuary in the form of his soft bed and the possibility that it'll get burned down as well? Or Jongin's distracting muscles revealing delicious depth and firmness? Oh my God he doesn't know anymore what the if he's going to die at least he's happy it'll be in Jongin's arms--

 

"Are you okay?" Jongin asked as he tapped Kyungsoo's cheek that pulled him out of his mental dilemma. The shorter one shook his head to regain sanity (if ever there's still left because it seemed like Jongin's abs already all of it).

 

Kyungsoo's eyes blinked more than twice as he settled his eyes on Jongin's, "I-I'm o-okay. Thank y-you."


Even though the drowsiness was evident on Jongin's face, he still managed to answer back a smile just to ease out the shorter one's mind, "Sorry if I look like this."


And that completely bumped Kyungsoo's head on an imaginary wall. His blinks got even faster and his hands were waving nervously to a confused Jongin, "I-I really don't m-mind that much. I-It's okay."

Jongin tried to hide the spreading crimson on his cheeks, "The fire alarm went off and I think this is just a false alarm or they already put the fire out so everything's okay now. Let's go back."

 


But when Jongin tried to pull the fire exit door, there was no knob.

 

And it's a bit tight. Locked, perhaps.

 

No one hears their shouts.

 

With all the dozing students behind thick walls, Jongin's hope was already fading.

 

And Kyungsoo's dream a while ago were coming to life.

 

 

"I guess we have to wait for the sun to rise up." Jongin finally breathed out to a quiet Kyungsoo after trying to open their 7th door, climbing another set just to get back on their floor.

Jongin plopped on the corner with his back against the cold wall and knees against his chest. He tapped the bare cement beside him for Kyungsoo to sit before warming up his arms with his hands. "We still have four--five hours, I guess? So just sleep."

 

The taller one buried his face on his knees as he let out heavy breaths in between brushes of his palms against his shivering biceps. Kyungsoo sat down a foot away from Jongin, still struggling with his jacket as he tried to look for a comfortable position.

 

"I'm Do Kyungsoo."

 

Jongin's head turned to him in a swift second, eyes wide with a growing smile on his face. He could notice he's stuttering, "I-I thought y-you hate me..."

 

You don't know how much I love you, you idiot.

 

The taller man giggled, "Kim Jongin."

 

I know. My heart keeps shouting those words.

 

"Hey, y-you're staring at me again." Jongin the walls in his cheeks as he tried to hid from Kyungsoo's intimidating look. Kyungsoo shook his head again to settle his mind, just like before, and Jongin found it cute. It's a cute manner, he thinks. The shorter one muttered an apology, trying to bow but the black coat's eating him whole. Jongin asked again, "I said what course are you taking?"

 

"A-Architecture." Kyungsoo gulped.

 

Jongin made an O-shape with his plump lips before nodding and smiling with the new information, Kyungsoo trying to hide the blush on his face because oh my god you look so cute don't do that I might not die through fire but heart atta---


"I'm taking Civil Engineering, if you're curious." Jongin smiled.

 

I know, and you dance, too.

 

"I dance too." He laughed again, and Kyungsoo just wanted to fill the gap between them and hug the life out of his love. Good thing, he can control himself. "I can show you, maybe next time."

 

Kyungsoo holds on to that promise. There will be a next time.

 

 

 

3:18 AM.

 

 

The silence was deafening Kyungsoo, hearing engines of cars passing by and Jongin's heavy breaths warming up his freezing palms. He thinks that maybe he could just sleep the hours off---but it's disturbing him to know that Jongin's freezing to death. Why does he sleep in boxers for 's sake?!

"Here." Kyungsoo turned to Jongin, planting his gaze on the concrete floor just to avoid the taller man's look when he decided to take off the jacket and offer it to Jongin.


"H-how about yo---"


"I'm okay. I still have a shirt. Go on." Kyungsoo smiled.


Jongin hesistantly wrapped himself with the black, puffy coat, drowning himself with the unfamiliar yet pleasant scent of Kyungsoo.

He replied, "Thank you. Very much."

 

 

I could sacrifice my life for you, Kyungsoo mentally slaps himself.

 

 

 


2:59 AM.

 

 

"Sehun, stop playing with the fire alarm!" Tao shouted as he pulled his drunk boyfriend in his arms.
Sehun just laughed, the burning liquid completely taking over his system, "But it's fun!", the younger one trying to steal a kiss from the only insane one of the both of them.

 

 


3:25 AM.

 

 

Kyungsoo tried  to steal glances at a dozing Jongin, putting his hands in between his folded knees to warm them up. He looks like a baby in my coat, he smiles to himself. He bit his lower lip to contain the joy because of all the unexpected things that happened. Who would have thought that he'll end up locked in a staircase? And with Kim ing Jongin? He mentally notes to tell everything that happened to his bestfriend, Sehun.

 

His smile was interrupted halfway when his nose decided to work on its own. "Achooo!" Kyungsoo sneezed before rubbing his nose with his cold index finger.

 

He didn't notice that Jongin is wide awake, snapping his head to Kyungsoo's direction in concern and crawling a little closer to the sick guy. "Are you okay?!"

 

Kyungsoo's eyes widen in realization, but still managed to wave what he feels away for Jongin not to worry. "I-I'm oka---Achoooo!"

 

He rubbed his nose again, sniffing with the redness evident on its tip.

 

"No, you're not!" Jongin stood up and went to Kyungsoo, leveling his height so he could ask him properly, "Do you trust me?"

 

Why would Jongin suddenly ask if Kyungsoo trust him? With those addicting brown orbs directed to his, worry and concern prominent on the curve of his brows, Kyungsoo dumbfoundedly nodded his head in agreement, completely in in the deep abyss of Jongin's eyes.

Jongin ped the front of the black coat, revealing his toned body and firm thighs once more, and gently pulled Kyungsoo off of the wall. The shorter one got shocked, "H-hey, what are you doing?!"

Jongin didn't bother answering back, filling the gap between Kyungsoo and the hard concrete, Kyungsoo sitting in between Jongin's lazy legs, his back pressed against Jongin's bare chest, before the taller man wraps the both of them in Kyungsoo's warm black coat and zips it up shut.

 

 

Kyungsoo struggles to breathe oxygen with a clogged nose and a palpitating heart.

 

"They said body heat is the best option when it comes to these kinds of things.", Jongin said, his breath hovering over the crook of Kyungsoo's neck. The shorter one gulped, nervous as because of the growing tent under the thin cloth of his pajama pants.

 

 

He can feel Jongin's chest heaving against his clothed back that's sending shivers down his spine.


"You can sleep on my shoulder." Jongin offered as he softly pulled Kyungsoo's forehead and landed the back of his head near Jongin's collarbone. Kyungsoo felt petrified for a whole minute. He worries if Jongin feels burdened because he's heavy. He should have taken extra gym sessions if only he knew he'll be stuck with Jongin for hours. In such a position. Too close. Yet warm. And comfortable. I could die now.

 

Kyungsoo is a light sleeper, but when the cushion's too soft and comfortable for his lithe body, it's not his fault that his mind turns off the world. But Jongin is not made of pillows, yet Kyungsoo feels comfortable leaning on him, like they fit perfectly--together--and so Kyungsoo didn't have any problems dozing to Dreamland.

 

 

 

3:45 AM.

 

 

Jongin couldn't sleep.

 

He's not a heavy sleeper, he believes. But he can sleep anywhere. On the couch. On the floor. On a stinky bed. On a moving train. In the middle of a basketball game. It's not difficult for him. Everyone knows it's a fact. But now it's different, especially when a close view of a cute guy's milky skin that covers his tempting smooth neck and collarbones is in front of him.

He always see Kyungsoo in the corridor of the 8th floor, always burying his face in the gaps of his book pages even if he's walking or sometimes running to his room and locking his door in a swift, Jongin didn't even manage to say hi to him. Jongin thinks that the short guy won't notice his presence, even if he's popular in school, his friends always say--as if he wants that to happen so quick he means just as friends yeah it starts with friendship, right? Then leads to something even more... Yah! Shut up, Kim Jongin!

 

Jongin leaned his head on the wall and shut his eyes in hopes of slumber haunting him. His eyes snapped once again when he heard Kyungsoo purring in his sleep and shifting a little to find comfort. He's cute when he sleeps, he thinks. But when he felt that Kyungsoo's already too deep in his dreams, the shorter one almost fell off of his shoulder, Jongin catching Kyungsoo and pulling him back in his previous position.

That's when he realized that he absentmindedly intertwined his fingers together, locking Kyungsoo in his arms, and facing the shorter one's head to him.

 

Jongin doesn't want to look down especially when Kyungsoo's plump lips is only inches away from his.

 

But he can steal one on Kyungsoo's cheek...

 

 

Yah! Shut up Kim Jongin, you idiot! Just sleep now!

 

 


7:18 AM.

 

 

Sunrays were seeping through the float glass of the window, dust dancing through morning air, and Kyungsoo blinked more than twice to adjust with the blinding light that's coming from the pane. He realized that maybe there are already students awake to open the door for them, so he tries to maneuver from his position and walk to the fire exit.

 

But it's too tight.

 

Kim Jongin's arms.

 

Around him.

 

Too tight.

 

Kyungsoo's always having a hard time opening his eyes in the morning, but this time, it's different.

 

"J-Jongin, i-it's already m-morning." Kyungsoo hesistantly turned his head to face him, and he admits that he doesn't want to wake Jongin up, because he looks cute with his calm face and button nose, but he needs to, so he gently nudged the taller man on the side of his stomach.

 

"Mmghgmh!" Jongin sleepily protested, grogginess evident in his voice, and Kyungsoo was shocked when Jongin tightened his arms around the shorter one, nuzzling his nose on the crook of Kyungsoo's neck and finally settling his lips on Kyungsoo's milky skin.

 

Jongin continues his sleep.


On the other hand, Kyungsoo couldn't breathe. I'll die if this continues god help me why! He shouts mentally. Kyungsoo managed to open the zipper of the coat and breathed. Last night, he was feeling cold, but now he's suffocating, because he's being wrapped around a thick cloth with Jongin's ing hot body. Throughout Kyungsoo ping the jacket, Jongin tightens his hold, finding a comfortable position like Kyungsoo's his favorite pillow, and grunts when Kyungsoo's moving too much.

 

 


7:20 AM.

 

 

"What are you kids doing here?!" Mr. Song shouted as he hits the emergency door with his mop, "Wake up! Wake up!"

Kyungsoo finally had the courage to shake Jongin's arms off, and nudge him harder, waking Jongin up and getting surprised with Mr. Song's presence in front of them. He sleepily smiled to Kyungsoo, "We're saved."

 

Yes, I'm finally saved from you! Do you know how many oxygen tanks I need to inhale because of your existence?!

 

Mr. Song continues his rant, words going in then out of the two's ears, "I'm going to clean this so if you don't want to smell like bleach and dirt, you kids better get out of here!"

 

Jongin pulled Kyungsoo's wrist just like last night, leading him outside the fire exit staircase and into the corridor of 8th floor.

 

"Kids these days.", Mr. Song tsked to himself.

 

 


7:21 AM.

 

 

The short trip to their rooms were sweetened with the morning air and early faint smiles printed on their cheeks, their doors placed in front of each other, and the two had a small chat about Mr. Song's morning greeting.

 

The two halted when they reached their destination.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Jongin pulled down the zipper of the black jacket, "your coat." But Kyungsoo stopped his hand from getting further when a student decided to interrupt what was supposed to be another show for Jongin's abs. He doesn't want anyone other than him to see the beauty of his Kim Jongin's body. He sheepily smiled, "You can give it back next time."

Kyungsoo was a little shocked when Jongin beamed, almost holding the shorter one's hands but good thing he can control himself, "There will be a next time?"

Kyungsoo laughed, "To be locked in the fire exit again?"

Jongin rubbed the back of his head, trying to hide the crimson on his cheeks. As long as it's with me, he thinks. Kyungsoo pointed at Jongin's door and nodded at him, "You should catch some sleep now."

"I'll bring back the coat later." Jongin waved at Kyungsoo, before opening his door. Kyungsoo did the same.

"12 o'clock?" Jongin peeked at the small opening, Kyungsoo looking back with a smile.

"12 o'clock. Now, go to sleep." Kyungsoo giggled.

Jongin just nodded, but he doesn't want their conversation to end just like that, even though slumber is already visiting the lids of his eyes, so he peeked once more. He called, "How about lunch?"

Kyungsoo answered back, "Lunch."

I can't wait, they both whispered to themselves, as they pushed their room doors closed...

 

...and ready to open the locks in their hearts.

 

 


 

kekekeke Happy Kaisoo day everyday!