*end*

Little Miss Runner-Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

I hurried to the information board to see the list of the top students in our batch for this semester only to find out that I was second again. SECOND?! My eyes were filled with rage as I scanned the name above mine. Of course! Who on earth could it be but Kim Kai. I hate him so much! I glanced to my right and there he was, looking really proud of himself. He walked towards me and offered a handshake. "It's been a good battle, Tiffany. You did really good this time." he said to me. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction so I decided to walk away. He has been too conceited anyways.

 

*flashback*

It started when I transferred here for middle school. It was my first day and his too, coincidentally. That's when the competition started. Since we both started at the same time, people would observe us and compared our progress. Who has got more friends... Who has gotten more popular... Who got higher grades... They compared us in everything that's why I had to do everything that I can to beat him. Well, he won the first two. He got more friends and he got really popular but I didn't really care about that. I am not much of a people-person so I did not care. I only have my high grades but it looks like he is still winning in that category too which makes me hate him so much. What's more annoying is that he doesn't even show that much dedication in what he does. It infuriates me how he does everything so well without even trying so hard. That's why I hate him. I hated him so much and that motivates me to study even harder.

 

-

 

I was in the library researching something but I couldn't really find the answer that I was looking for. Little by little, I felt my eyes getting heavy. Then, I fell asleep and woke up almost an hour later. As I lifted my head, I felt a page from the book sticking to my cheek. While I was peeling it off, I heard a small chuckle from behind. I looked back and saw Kai looking at me. He then sat on the chair beside me. "What are you studying?" he asked.

"None of your business. What are you doing here anyways?"

"Hiding."

"From your girls?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yep." he answered instantly making me roll my eyes at him.

"Well, why don't you find another place to hide. If you haven't noticed yet, I'm doing some research here."

"You certaintly didn't look like it. Princess Drool." He teased me while gently pinching my cheek with his thumb which I did not appreciate. "If you must stay here, will you please stay like a few feet away from me? I'm busy."

Finally he decided to do so and laid on one of the couches then continued to read a book he was holding.

I continued with my studies again. I scanned the books that I got before and then suddenly I reached for a certain book in front of me and I realized I was overlooking at the answer. I immediately wrote down notes and gathered the books so that I could return them in their corresponding bookshelves. I then grabbed my bag.

"You're already leaving?" he asked.

"Duh. What do you think?!" I immediately walked out without giving him a chance of answering back. As I walked outside, I saw one of our classmates who was busy fixing something at one of the empty school benches. I cleared my throat as I approached him.

"Se-sehun... What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Oh hi Tiffany. My backpack ripped, I am thinking of how I could carry it without my things falling out on my way home."

"Ah! I might know how to help you." I searched for the small sewing kit in my bag.

"You have that with you always?!" Sehun asked me with his eyes looking amazed.

"Ahh...ne... it's good for emergencies like this."

"As expected, Tiffany is the best." he flashed his eyesmile to me. I just hope he didn't notice my cheeks which might already be pinkish/reddish by now.

After I finished sewing his bag, I handed it to him then prepared to leave but then, he offered to give me a ride home on his bike. I said that it was okay but he insisted.

"Don't be shy to hold on to me if you feel that you'll fall, okay?" he said as I sat behind. I can't help but smile as he pedaled the bike to my house. I got Sehun, my biggest crush, to take me home. It is a good day.

 

-

 

We were running around the field for our PE class. We were playing dodgeball. Being the competitive me, I was trying my best to not be hit especially that Mr. Kim Kai is in the opponent team. After a few minutes of running, I felt my energy being drained. Probably because I stayed up way too late so that I could study English. Just then, I felt my body giving up on me. My vision turned black.

The next thing I knew, I was sleeping in the infirmary. I looked outside and it's already dark. Despite my grogginess, I tried to stand up so that I could get home immediately. I was bummed that I had slept through the day. The time I spent last night studying was wasted but there was one positive thing that happened today, I asked the nurse who brought me there and the she said that it was Oh Sehun. He must've brought my things there too. I smiled at the thought of him carrying me all the way from the field. I bid goodbye to the nurse and walked out of the school. I felt really weak but I tried to walk properly until I was able to ride a bus. I drifted to sleep again. When I opened my eyes, we just arrived at my stop. Thank god! I went down and walked to my house and finally slept again.

 

-

 

There's a school festival and there was a game for couples. I have decided to ask Sehun to be my partner. I tried to ask him as casually as I can and to throw him off a little about the idea of me crushing on him, I told him that the prize was really great. The moment I said that the prize was a pair of iPad air, he immediately agreed. Once we got to the venue, we were given riddles to solve that would give clues that would lead us to the last destination which was a maze. The girl and the boy should enter in different sides. The first boy and girl to get out of the maze are the winners and if you'd get out with your original partner, you'd get a special prize.

Sehun and I tried our best to solve the riddles and puzzles together and then we were able to get on the maze first. Actually, I underestimated the last part. I thought it was just a simple maze but it really complicated. There were mirrors on some part that brought a lot of confusion to anyone who walks around the maze. We were the first to enter the maze but it was hard to get out so some students caught up on us. Also, I couldn't see Sehun. I wondered if he has already managed to get out. After walking around for a couple of minutes, I felt a hand pulling me. "Kai?!" I tried to stop following him but he really had a strong grip. "Fany, walk faster if you want to win." he said. "B-ut...Sehun..." I uttered. "It doesn't matter right? As long as you get out first, you get a prize." he said. I really did want to win though so I followed him until we were able to get out.

When we got out, Sulli had already gone out so it was only Kai who won the iPad and not me. I was a little bit disappointed because I didn't win anything but Kai who was still holding my hand then told me, "It's okay. You can keep my prize since I kind of led you on that we'd win." he said but just then Sehun had managed to get out of the maze. I immediately remove my hand from Kai's grip. "Keep it. I don't need it anyways." I immediately went to Sehun and he said it's okay that we didn't win anything. He then held my hand and pulled me to one of the food booths to eat. Still worth it. I smiled.

 

-

 

I was alone in the library while reading something interesting and when I glanced at the entrance I saw Kai who just arrived. I quickly pretended to be asleep on the table with my head over my arms. I could feel him sitting on the chair beside me. I hope he doesn't notice that I'm just pretending. Suddenly, I heard him talk. "Don't worry Fany, you won't have to worry about me anymore..." Then I felt him tucking my hair behind my ear. Is it too late to pretend to have just woken up? Hmm...Maybe I should do it in 10 seconds....10, 9, 8, 7, 6...but then he suddenly stood up and left. I opened my eyes and felt a little guilty for the way I've been treating him but there's not much of a difference anyways...Hmmm maybe I've been way to harsh already, should I ease up on him tomorrow?! I guess that could work.

 

Kai POV

 

I heard that Tiffany was going to the library. I bet she's going to stay there again to study. After I finished with my group meeting, I decided to peek if she's still there and I was right. She fell asleep while reading. She looked so cute. I sat beside her and looked on what she was working on. When I saw her progress, I decided to help her out. Finally, I found the answer on one of the books that was on the end of the table. I wonder I could make her look at it then I thought of opening the book on the page putting on the table with the cover facing upwards in front of her. Finally, she opened her eyes and I couldn't help but chuckle at her cuteness but as expected, she threw a fit at me but it's okay, I saw her eyes twinkled when she found the answer on the book that I placed in front of her.

It was kind of dark when she was about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter