you are the best (forget the rest).

You Are The Best (Forget The Rest)

 

 

 

 


you are the best (forget the rest).


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The scent of freshly baked bread lingered in the bakery and even when Sehun walked past the door, he could smell it. It was early in the morning and yet the sun was shining so brightly. The disadvantages of having parents who owned a bakery was that Sehun had to routinely wake up early too. Therefore he had never been late to school. But that didn't mean that he wasn't tired. With his eyes squeezed tight, he could see the palpitating light through his eyelids.

 

 

 



In fact he was so tired that he hadn't moved from his spot.
 

 

 

 



He was still standing in front of the entrance of the bakery as a few people walked past him to buy their bread. Sehun could really need a few hours of sleep. He hadn't slept well last night as no matter how many times he tossed himself around his bed entangling himself in his cosy blankets and how many pillows he had laid on, he stayed awake. Nothing had happened. And like it was known, tired people meant annoyed people. That was why Sehun was in a very bad mood.
 


 



When he started to walk away with his bag slung on one shoulder, his foot came in contact with something. Being surprised by this Sehun pulled his foot back and sighted a little see-through plastic package. He raised his eyebrows and kneeled down to take this package which also had a red ribbon attached on it. Inside the package were hundreds of colourful sweets waiting to be eaten. He turned around to make sure if anybody was around before figuring out what he should do with it. Should he return it back on the ground? Maybe someone had put it purposely there and was going to get it later.
 

 



Thoughts whirled around Sehun's head and a strange feeling developed in the pit of his stomach. He decided on putting it back since he didn't have right to take anything with him that didn't belong to him. He went back into the kneeling position and carefully dropped the package back down. It kind of looked cute. With the ribbon and all, somehow like a present. Although his eyes were fixed on the package, he could feel that someone was staring at him.


Watchfully, he turned his head to the left side where he saw that someone was hiding. Behind the trashcan, a person was about fifty centimetres away from Sehun. So close that when the person realised that Sehun was watching, he fell on his and seemed flustered. How couldn't Sehun have noticed him earlier? The person was apparently so shocked that he didn't move and could only stare. Sehun knew from experience that when someone stared for too long, that they wanted to say something.





However Sehun found himself in a weird position when the gazing didn't stop. He was probably the same person who left this present. The question was if it was for Sehun or not. As ridiculous as it sounded, Sehun hoped that it was for him because it would explain why this guy was creeping on him. He sighed lightly as Sehun resurfaced from his looming thoughts, gazing down at the visible fragile boy on the ground. It was obvious to tell that his breathing was intense, and his heart beating intensely. The flush on his cheeks was also a clear indication that he was waiting for something to happen.
 


 



"Can...I help you?" Confused, Sehun stood up and reached out his hand for the other to accept. He didn't quite know what he should do next but helping that boy out sounded like a good idea.


 


"SURE! I mean the ground is dirty and I need to get up and it's nice that you are offering me your ha- oh my gosh YOU ARE TOUCHING MY HAND!" The rambling of the boy got faster with every second until their hands came in contact. Sehun didn't wait long and immediately pulled the other up while his ears were busy with blocking everything he was talking about out. He didn't understand it anyway until the last couple of words came out in a high pitched tone. The boy blushed more if that was possible and gazed at his hand that Sehun had held onto.
 

 

 




What was so special about that?
 





"Eh sorry but what are you talking-"


 

 

 



"Did you eat it?! DID YOU?!" The boy shrieked and snatched the package in light speed before holding it up. He jumped up and down, waiting and whining for an answer. Okay what was that? Sehun could only blink in surprise because he had not expected that. So it was for him? He couldn't say a word because he did not know what to say. The sun was shining so much, he felt lightheaded anyway and this boy was still waiting for an answer. It was for the best to just quickly answer and simply get it out of the way. Because he had better things to do like maybe go to school.
 

 

 



He cleared his throat and waved the impatient boy away from his sight, "I haven't eaten anything so can you please move? I don't want to be late."





The smile on the boy fell as he crumpled his eyebrows, "What...? You haven't...?" His voice was kind of shaky, barely covering the disbelief from hearing the answer. The voice low and spoke slowly to convey a sense of steadiness, "No no no! You have to eat! It's to show you my love!" He insisted and pushed with force the package against Sehun's chest. The determination was written over his face although Sehun didn't look like he understood.

 

 

 


From where did this talk about love come from?
 

 




Awkwardly holding his hands up, Sehun turned around. "Sorry I don't have time for that." He added that and made his way towards the direction of his school. That had never happen to him. This answer however didn't sit well with the other who crushed his teeth and ran after Sehun. He took a hold of the hem of his shirt and like that tugged the taller. Upon feeling this, Sehun turned around and wanted to know what was going on. Didn't he have anything else to do?
 


 



"You can't just leave...I-I mean just try one! Or two! They taste really good!" He did his best to look convincing as he opened the package up and pulled out two different kinds of them. Holding them up he almost shoved his closed fist against Sehun's face. He surely had assumed that Sehun's eyesight was bad enough that he wouldn't be able to see them in the first place. Another thing that Sehun had noticed was that the other looked so excited and the smile on his face was unhealthily bright.
 




Was it a good thing? Maybe. "No thank you. I don't like sweets." Sehun casually brushed this attempt to lure him, off and carried on with his walk as the boy didn't move. It was like he had been frozen from hearing that. Sehun didn't like sweets? That couldn't be. There were people on this planet who didn't like sweets? The boy could barely make a sound from this revelation and continued to look with a hanging mouth. When he finally could, it sounded like an unpleasant puff of air:


 



"W-What?! This can't be!"

 

 




Sehun pretend to not have heard him and walked.
 


 




Just when Sehun had thought that the other had left, he was unpleasantly surprised when he felt a sudden weight on his back. In a matter of seconds he was dragged down to the ground. It was quick and unexpected because he didn't think that this would ever happen. The boy had run after Sehun and jumped on his back to stop him from leaving. If he planned on wasting Sehun's time then he was on the right track. The collision with the ground didn't hurt as much as the high-pitched voice that pierced through Sehun's ear.

 

 



"No don't go!!"


 

 


The moment Sehun raised his head and shifted so that he lay on his back, the other was forced to sit on Sehun's torso which was pretty uncomfortable. For both. And yet the boy refused to get up when Sehun glared at him that told him to go away. "I can't believe....you don't like sweets. They are like the bestest thing ever!" He started and despite his slip of grammar and the sudden heavy accent Sehun couldn't believe that he was serious. What was the reason for him to sit on other people?
 

 




Narrowing his eyes from the sunlight, Sehun's eyes darted to the face of the other which was pinched with excitement:



 


"Don't worry I will make you like them! And me too! You won't regret it they taste so nice and there are so many of them and-"


 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Get off."























Leaning his elbow on the table and his palm on his cheek, Kai listened to the whole story. When he asked Sehun 'what's up' then didn't expect such a long and detailed answer. That also explained why Sehun was for the first time late to lesson. And now when eating he causally asked his friend if something happened in the morning. The glare Sehun shot him was almost painful to look at even though he physically couldn't feel it. But that didn't mean that it didn't make him nervous. So what if this weird guy annoyed Sehun? It was not like they would see each other again.


 


"You don't understand Kai. He spoke so quick and stumbled over his own words. I think he has a problem in his head." Sehun poked his food and just slid the plate over to Kai who happily accepted it. It was a thing between them that Sehun usually gave half of whatever he was eating to Kai. The reason? There wasn't one, it just happened. Sehun usually didn't eat a lot and then there was Kai who ate way over his limit but never gained anything. 

 


 



"Maybe he's just shy. He obviously likes you."




Sehun knew that Kai was correct at that point, and he looked away across the huge room, watching a couple of boys laugh out loud. He didn't recognise any of them except Kai's boyfriend Kyungsoo. He kept on watching them as he tried to find the right words to keep going. "This came out of nowhere." Sehun honestly admitted in a whisper, so quiet that Kai had to lean closer to hear him better. "I mean what would you do if this guy was like hiding behind your trashcan and indirectly confess with sweets? Who knows if they are poisoned..."
 


 

 


Thinking over this, the younger fell silent as he kept staring into the middle-distance, reluctant to meet Kai's gaze. "I mean you are dating but you don't know anything about love-"

 

 

 


"Hey!"
 

 


 



"-so it should be better to ask Kyungsoo about this kind of stuff. He knows more than you. Then I can comfortably reject this boy." Only thinking about this rushed confession made Sehun's blood boil. Why did he have to respond anyway? He didn't care but he didn't want to be stalked in the future. To make it better; Kai gave him the kind of look that made Sehun feel absurdly guilty. So he raked his fingers through his brown hair and rolled his eyes in annoyance. He didn't plan on dating anyone. Not until he would graduate.
 



 


Picking up his fork, Kai pointed it in a threatening way towards his friend, "Listen here brat, I know a lot about love okay? I had to write an essay about that when I was ten. Do not underestimate my knowledge." Things like these were in his no-go list because everyone thought that his brain was empty. Kai was very smart....well in his own imagination. And Sehun had clearly troubles believing that considering that he made the amused go-on-I'm-listening face. He was listening not just well enough. Most of that stuff would be anyway useless.




"So ugh...love is...wait let me think!" Kai didn't let the other even say a word when he lifted his index finger. He knew what love was, he just had to think well enough. When he remained silent, Sehun gave up and bowed his head, shoulders slumping as he breathed out a sigh of annoyance. "You know what? Forget it." He went to turn away, and panic hit Kai because he still had to finish his answer. Otherwise he would look stupid which he already did but he didn't want to worsen it.
 

 

 

 



"Give me some time! Then I'll answer."

 



 


"How long?"


 

 


"A couple of days?"


 



"..."



 

 

 


 

 

 





 

 


 

 



There were times when Sehun would voluntarily help out in the bakery. He just did it to waste some time, he wouldn't get money from that. On the other hand it could become very boring so he occasionally asked Kai if he wanted to help him out and earn some money. What he received was a really-now look with a scoff and a wave of his hand. Of course, Kai was too lazy to do anything. Be it school work or getting some water. He just moved when it was necessary and this irritated Sehun. It was easy money to help each other out but Kai was not about that life.
 

 




"Thank you. Have a nice day!" Sehun forced a smile upon his lips and waved at the costumer after giving her the pastries in a bag. The lady wished him a good day back and left the bakery so that Sehun could finally sigh. He should have reconsidered helping out on that particular day because this boy from the morning was still swirling in his mind. He thought that some work would distract him but it was the opposite. Whenever there was a new costumer, Sehun's eyes instantly fell to the door and he hoped that the boy would return.

 

 



Why? He didn't know but wanted to see him again.

 

 



The smartest thing to do would be to ask the other why he was acting so weird but Sehun rather wanted to find out his name.




 


He really wanted to know.





Another costumer must have come because the door bell ringed and caused Sehun to lift his head. For a minute, he had thought the boy had arrived but Sehun was disappointed as Kyungsoo accompanied by Kai entered. It was kind of lame that they always had dates there only because they could get food for free. But Kai still refused to work. So as Sehun had spotted them he grimaced and immediately prepared what his friends usually ate. Maybe talking to them would bring Sehun on different thoughts which were occupied with someone else.

 


 


"Can you guys...like stop coming here?" While walking towards them and dropping the tablet on the table, Sehun asked the question. He seriously wanted to know why they always wanted to annoy him. What possibly could he have done to be treated like this? If the bakery would become bankrupt then Sehun knew who to blame.

 

 




"Why? We get food for free." Kai replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
 

 




"I have to agree with him." Kyungsoo dared to betray Sehun and thought so too. He generally disagreed with his boyfriend and was sometimes even ashamed to be dating someone whose brain was like a potato. So why the hell was Kyungsoo backstabbing Sehun? He could only sigh as his shoulders slumped in misery, and he rubbed his fingers against his forehead, wishing he was not so exhausted. Sehun was tired and sat down next to Kai, not caring that he was technically still working.

 



But apparently Kai was caring enough because his eyes trailed over to the counter where also the money was stored. "Aren't you worried about the money?" He asked the youngest because anyone could simply walk to the counter. There were customers who were sitting already but it could be that one of them would decide to take something. From the looks of it, Sehun as the only worker wasn't concerned. He acted as if the apron around his waist didn't exist and he was also just there to eat with friends.

 

 





Why did he keep thinking about that boy?

 

 




Sehun was desperate to find out what was wrong with him. He would pull the truth out of him, and the last thing he felt like doing was exposing all of his confusion. He didn't even know if he would ever see him again.  It was all too much of a chaos, a twisted ambiguity of emotion that Sehun could not even start to explain, and even if he could, he was not sure he would like the answer. It just seemed like that guy liked Sehun but why didn't he just approach him? Why hide behind a trashcan? Was he that shy?


 



"I'm not worried. You are next to me so I can have an eye on you." This came from Sehun who plainly answered and could hear the laughter from Kyungsoo.



 

 


As a response Kai simply sneered and began to eat, "Stop breaking my heart." He said with his mouth full to what he received a kick on his leg from Kyungsoo.

 

 

 



"Manners. Seriously sometimes I feel like..." Blinking for a few times, Kyungsoo couldn't finish his sentence and rather stared at the windows which were in close distance. Their table was not anywhere near the windows but Kyungsoo could still see through it. He swore that he saw someone hiding under the window from outside. At first he thought that he was just imagining it but when he didn't drop his gaze, he saw a young boy slowly moving his head up. This boy stared into the bakery with a powerful stare while chewing onto something.

 


 



Turning back to his friends Kyungsoo's eyes met with the youngest. "Did you see-"

 

 

 


"Yeah." He cut in and narrowed his eyes at the uninvited guest who was not brave enough to actually come in. Of course Kai had also caught wind of that even though he sometimes appeared to be a bit slow. It wasn't really that he was slow. He just took a bit of time to comprehend. Luckily he quickly understood and pretended to eat and not pay attention to the weirdo who was attempting to secretly enter the bakery. The boy was already on all fours and crouched on the floor underneath an unused table.

 



The people who were eating gave the boy a strange look but carried on with their own thing.

 



It was not clear what Sehun should have felt but he couldn't ignore him, "It's the weirdo from this morning."

 



"Really? He's cute. How old? He looks like he's 10." Nudging Sehun's side with his elbow, Kai made all sorts of suggestive face expression so that Kyungsoo had to glare and make him shut up. It was no lie though this boy seemed pretty young. And despite his childish behaviour he gave the impression of being slightly older. If that made sense. He only blinked, frowning at the comments from his supposedly best friend. It made him seriously sound like a e. And Sehun couldn't tell if he should call him out for that or pretend it never happened.
 





 

Coldness shuddered through Sehun's body and he clenched his hand into a fist on the surface of the table. "See you tomorrow. You can leave now." He said his goodbye- eyes focused on the guest who had moved to a different table and was currently hiding under that. Kyungsoo was quick to understand this hidden message and hastily stood up. He dragged his boyfriend by his arm while Kai kept on complaining that he hadn't finished. And why did they have to leave so early? That wasn't fair they had just arrived.
 

 




"I'M STILL HUNGRY! I DON'T WANT TO GO!" Kai screamed while his arms were tightly wrapped around the door handle of the entrance.


 


"SHUT UP JUST EAT YOUR INSTANT NOODLES!" Kyungsoo yelled and pulled with all his power the other.

 




The couple kept on bickering even when they had left the bakery and were on the way to their houses. Sehun could only sigh but he was thankful as well. The reason for them to have left was that Sehun could calmly talk to his stalker. It was not comfortable to work when someone was intensely staring at him like that. That was why Sehun didn't work and casually looked around the bakery. Of course his eyes trailed from time to time back to the boy under the table. What was strange was that he kept on eating something that seemed like chewing sweets.


 


"You know that you can sit on a chair." The need to say that overcame Sehun as pointed at the chair next to the table the other was hiding under.

 



The fact that he had gotten noticed must have flustered him as he instantly raised his head but hit the table. Sehun blew his cheeks up because he didn't know if he should laugh or not. He didn't know him but that didn't make it less funny. He decided on not laughing and rather approaching him. The boy helplessly tried to fix his hair with his fingers while holding a little package. It was see-through like the other one and filled with colourful sweets. Sehun motioned him to sit down but he refused by shaking his head.
 




"I'm not here to sit down because I want you to eat them! You also haven't accepted my present yet but first I want you to eat one so you know how they tast-" He was cut off by Sehun pressing his finger against the other's lips to make him stop talking.

 



"Name?"





"Lu....Lu Han...."




"Why are you here?" Was the next question whereupon Lu Han blushed and waited for the finger to be removed. When it was gone, he took a deep breath and prepared himself to speak:
 


 



"It's just I live across the street and I always see you working and I thought 'wow he's hot' but then I was like 'he's responsible and helps his parents' This is was so cool so I kept on watching and then once I saw this ugly girl came in and I thought she was your girlfriend so I got jealous and thought that I had to quickly confess so she wouldn't come back and I have you all for myself! And it totally worked!" The explanation ended with an excited shriek as Lu Han took a hold of Sehun's arm and hugged the life of it.
 


 

 

 


When he let go, he used the chance by running around Sehun while chanting something that sounded like 'I made it'.
 




He ran and ran until Sehun's head began to ache and he quickly grasped the other by the backside of his collar, "Wait a second, hold on too much information. I didn't know that you were some creepy stalker. Can I know how old you are?"
 

 




"Twenty-two!" He brightly smiled as if this was obvious and threw those sweets into his mouth as if it was nothing to be worried about. Lu Han wasn't bothered about the fact that Sehun was only seventeen or that he acted like a child by only eating this stuff. It made him almost look like a freak since his eye kept on twitching from the sugar intake. He had this endearing aura around him so that Sehun couldn't do anything against that. If that would have been Kai, jumping and running around him then he would have been punched by Sehun.
 


 

 



But here Sehun could only sigh and eventually hold the other to make him stand still.


 




"Thank you for showing interest in me but I'm not interested. I'm not dating anyone and this 'ugly girl' is my neighbour. You are pretty honest."

 



 


"Do you like honest boys?! Do you?! Do you?! Do you?!"





"No."






I love them.

 

 

 






("W-Well honest boys don't like you either! Maybe it's because you are ugly.")




("You think I am ugly?")



("WHAT?! NO!")



 

 

 



 


-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the meeting Sehun and Lu Han became good friends.
 

 





They hung around and spent a lot of time with each other. Sehun had found out that Lu Han was visiting the nearby university and was majoring in music. He did look like a person to study this whereas Sehun was still in that phase where he didn't know what he should eat. He introduced his new friend to Kai and Kyungsoo who recognised him from the other day. At first they made those weird statements that Lu Han and Sehun were dating. Then when Sehun denied it but Lu Han happily confirmed it, they knew that something was up.


 



Especially Kai.
 

 




He wanted his best friend to go out with Lu Han under any circumstances. Why? Because they freaking looked good together and it wasn't a secret that Lu Han was after Sehun. Everyone knew it even the latter's mother. She didn't bother Sehun nor did she force him to accept Lu Han's feelings but she gave him hints. Like telling Sehun to spent more time with Lu Han and also sleep over at his place. Back to Kai, he would gladly do everything that would get them together. Yes Lu Han was a bit too hyper for his liking but that didn't meant he was bad boyfriend material.

 

 



Lu Han had his cute moments but Sehun shrugged them off and sometimes pretended to gag at the sight.

 




Now, it didn't look good for Kai. Why? He was forced to sit on his own swirling chair in his room by none other than Sehun. The information soaked into his mind before his heart when he forced Kai to sit down while he walked around him in a threatening manner. His arms were crossed over his chest and Sehun glared as hard as he could. He had trusted Kai whenever he said that Lu Han was too much for him. In no way did he mean to say that he was interested. He was a calm person and therfore liked someone who would identify with him. And not someone who would eat unhealthy stuff while letting his eye twitch.
 



 


Whenever Sehun thought that Kai was his best friend, the latter did something to totally mess up their friendship. Something like giving the hyperactive Lu Han his phone number. How could Kai do that? He was lucky enough that he could be friends with someone as handsome as Sehun. There was a line of playing pranks and this stupid idiot had crossed the line.


 




"How could you?! Now this annoying kid will spam me with messages!" Sehun glared and was sure that he would throw the next best thing against Kai's empty head.



 



"Calm down. He asked nicely and I doubt he'll do that."








Just when Kai had reassured him that everything was going to be fine, Sehun's phone vibrated. It couldn't be. Why now? Ignoring it didn't seem to work because the vibrating was on itself annoying. As if he the one on the other line knew that Sehun didn't want to pick his phone up. He knew a lot about Sehun which made him even creepier. Like didn't uni students have to be busy studying rather than stalking a random highschooler?
 






Hey Sehunnie this is Hannie! I will spam you with hearts from now on❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤I have so much energy from eating sweets❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
I'll give you some too❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤



 


 


First of all, Sehun couldn't stand hearts. Too many for his liking. Way too many. He didn't see the point of it and Lu Han was that type of person to causally send hearts over. Well his affection wasn't really something he wasn't aware of. They were friends so wouldn't all those hearts make their relationship awkward? He liked Lu Han enough to not tell him off but that didn't mean that he would just accept it. If Lu Han had never gotten his phone number then Sehun would have never had to see those hearts. And whose fault was that? Kim Jongin of course.


 


 

 



Everything was his fault.





 

 







"Sehun I sincerely apologise."






"Be quiet."










 

 

 

 




 

 

 

 

 

 




Was dating really that bad?
 

 

 



Dating Lu Han in particular?



 



It became a difficult question for Sehun to figure out as basically everyone around him told him to just date Lu Han. But Sehun couldn't just do that. He couldn't force himself on someone only because people told him to. However the idea wasn't that bad. He did like Lu Han as a friend, he was adorable but was that really love? It could but then again not. Sehun was not very sure and let his head drop on his pillow. That was how he was spending his day, thinking about this and that. His mind was here and there, not forgetting his dilemma in the slightest.


 



Normally, he didn't concern himself with problems for long and quickly found solutions. But this problem was going on for months and he couldn't push it away anymore. It just wasn't possible; Lu Han was there and closer as ever. He would randomly show up by his house to simply say hello. From the times where he wasn't stalking Sehun, he appeared to be very quiet and innocent. Apart from constantly munching on those candies that would cause him to have cavities.

 

 



Right now, concentration was hard to come by. He couldn't think. He found himself staring into space, daydreaming about everything and nothing. His bed was one of the few places where he could close his eyes and just relax. Of course his mind was helplessly dwelling on Lu Han. He couldn't do anything against that. It was almost natural. Sehun had long ago stopped to think about something different. Something that wouldn't require him to figure out his feelings. Something that wouldn't make him think for hours without any result.

 

 

 




Should he ask for advice?

 

 

 

 



Not matter whom he would call, he would be made fun of anyway.



That was why he reached out to Kai.

 

 

 

 



To: Kai


Should I ask him out

 

 

 

 





It took all of Sehun's pride to not take his words back. He couldn't flinch or jerk, not to give his phone screen a long, judging glare. He knew that Kai was the number one person to want them together so asking this question him was being self answered. But still, Sehun wanted to hear his actual opinion. He couldn't always count on the other lame stuff he said. Kai had been so busy obsessing about the idea of them dating that he had forgotten to watch out for his own relationship. He wasn't neglecting Kyungsoo as both together plotted plans to bring them together.
 

 

 

 




From: Kai


YAAAAS BOY


I mean if you want to.


Srsly you have to.

Or not?






 


It was an innocent enough question, but that did not mean Sehun was about to let his guard down. He had spent half of his life with Kai so he knew what his friend was like. He tried to sound smart by letting Sehun decide on his own but in reality Kai wanted him to say yes. He was a tricky person to deal with, and Sehun was not conscious enough to call him out. In fact, he played along and pretended to not understand Kai's wish to ask Lu Han out. Who knew how he would react? Shifting on his pillows, Sehun moved to the right side of his bed and typed an answer back.

 

 

 

 


To: Kai


K.

 





Shortly after that, his phone violently vibrated.
 

 

 





From: Kai


WHAT DOES THAT MEAN


YES OR NO


 

 

 




Sehun couldn't hide his smile.



 

 




To: Kai


It means k. Okay?
 

 






After typing this reply, Sehun threw his phone to the end of his bed. A few months ago, he would have laughed at such thoughts. But now everything had changed. It wasn't funny anymore. He didn't see Lu Han a lot since the latter was busy with his studies though he still managed it to think about him. A part of his mind kept fiercely reminding him that he was falling into Lu Han's trap by answering his feelings. It could be that this all was a plan of Lu Han who wanted Sehun all for himself. By constantly stalking him and having Kai and Kyungsoo by his side he was closer to his goal. He shouldn't be underestimated.


 

 

 



Sehun left his room with the urge to find Lu Han and confront him.

 





To be honest, Sehun did sort of believe in love. He just had never the opportunity to show it. He had never fallen in love so there wasn't really an opportunity to. All the times when he had denied liking Lu Han, he was telling the truth. He would never deliberately lie to Kai, not about something like this. That was why he texted him first. He wasn't sure of his feelings but giving it a try couldn't really hurt him.

 

 

 

 

It was the opposite.


 



He left his house which was right next to the bakery and entered with a heavy heart.
 

 




Before walking in though, he groaned out loud, burying his fingers into his hair and digging his nails into his scalp as he wished that they could just be together without having to say anything. Sehun had already thrown his pride out of the window but that didn't mean that his dignity was gone too. He had to protect it. Although he was in the bakery a lot, in his particular moment he was nervous. He knew that Lu Han was in the bakery and that he had to face him. The worrying view of how quickly everything could fall apart was spoiling everything with his thoughts.
 



 



"Lu Han?" His voice was calm when he saw his stalker kneeling in front of the glass box at the counter. The bakery was empty and technically closed but the reason Lu Han didn't leave was that he had helped out Sehun's parents. After he finished Lu Han must have had stayed as he was eyeing the pastries with his palms against the surface of the glass. The elder didn't respond and was simply in his own world, mentally drooling at the food. Of course he had sweets on his lap but he was way too concentrated on the food in front of him.
 

 

 



Sehun felt chills creep over his skin as he approach the other. It didn't look like Lu Han had listened to him at all. He wasn't doing anything apart from gazing through the glass.
 


 



Well then Sehun had to try to get his attention a different way.

 



He walked around the counter and was now standing behind it. Then he bowed slightly down and pointed at the pastry in Lu Han's vision, "Would you like this?

 

 



"Yes! Yes!  Oh- Sehun...! YES GET ME THIS!" It didn't take long for Lu Han to recognise the finger and also the voice. He admitted that he had earlier not heard it but that was only because he was paying attention to his empty stomach. He really craved something sweet. Even though he did not answer straight away, and Sehun tried not to cringe when seeing Lu Han's smile. He did not know what he was searching for in Lu Han's expression. He wanted to know what he was thinking and he clearly assumed something. Sehun removed the pastry Lu Han liked from the box and put it on a plate. The reason was that he still wanted to talk to him.

 



Lu Han noticed that he didn't get a bag and supposed that he had to stay, "Is there anything want to talk to me?" He smiled and was playing with his fingers as he still had the need to get rid of his energy. He jumped up and down to some extent and then whined because Sehun took too long. He walked around the counter with the plate and stopped at a random table. Lu Han understood this and took a seat in front of the other. He was really curious about Sehun wanting to speak to him.

 

 



He could have braced himself for something disheartening but Lu Han knew that this would not happen.

 




He immediately started munching when Sehun stared at the other, ready to say it. "I like you a lot." A cool breeze pinched Lu Han's hair back from his face, hastening across his flushed skin and filling his lungs with sweet scent. Was this some sort of prank? Lu Han stopped eating because he felt sick for a moment, really sick. This couldn't be true. His stomach and heart seemed to be connected, tightening and releasing in the same painful indecision. He was just waiting for Sehun to take his words back. That would make it better. With a quiet groan, Sehun pressed his palm to his forehead, wishing he could burrow his fingers into his head and stifle his feelings to stillness.

 

 

 

 

 

 



It was useless.




 

 




"You like...me? L-Listen Sehun only because Kai and Kyungsoo want us to be together d-doesn't mean that you have to listen to them." Cautiously, Lu Han glanced over at him, feeling the warmth of his confidence take off as he watched Sehun.

 

 




"So you don't like me back? Good that we have discussed this. I wouldn't have thought of dating until I graduate anyway." Sehun gave a bitter little sigh, shoulders slumping as burden was finally dropped from his shoulders. The burden of confessing. His jaw tensed again for a moment, but then he looked up at Lu Han. The other was visibly surprised at this change of attitude because he had thought that they would finally become a couple. They had mutual feelings so therefore....therefore it should have been fine.



He could feel Lu Han's eyes on him, sharp and attentive. "WHAT?! WHO SAID THAT?! I'M CRAZY FOR YOU!" Banging his fists on the table, Lu Han leaned over the table. When Sehun glanced up, there was a mixture of surprise and curiosity in his expression. He kind of expected this but seeing it actually happening was a different story. So Sehun just nodded, and his next breath was deeper and more contemplative, as if he had to get himself together.
 

 

 

 




Sehun's eye crinkled at the corner when he smiled and took a hold of Lu Han's caramelised sugar covered fingers. "First wash up your hands. Then I want to make something clear: I'll date you in a year so hang in there."

 


 



The smile from Lu Han's face vanished and was replaced by a disappointed grimace, "What?! No no no no no! I can't wait that long!" It took him that long for Sehun to acknowledge his feelings and now he even had to wait? That was too cruel. For anyone's standards.

 


 

 



"Well I'm really bad at dating. And our personalities will clash, I am calm and you are not." Sehun answered with indifference but he was still holding Lu Han's fingers.


 

 

 



"But opposites attract!"


 

 



"I'm younger. You may feel uncomfortable."

 

 




"I look young. That's fine."

 

 




"I'm horribly clingy."


 

 

 



"I like clingy."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




Actually, Sehun had a lot more things to say but he didn't want to lose Lu Han's beautiful smile.




 

 

 

 


Fine, let's date.


 

 

 




 

 

 

 

 



-x-



 

 

 



 




Humming a tune, Lu Han let the water cascade to wash the soap from his body away. His eyes fluttered closed until they were clenched rigidly together; the water shifted to fit his frame, clinging to him as he sighed quietly. Lu Han was contented as the worries were washed off him to meet with the liquid that smothered his body. He was going to meet Sehun so he obviously had to smell good too. He had to be clean. His blonde hair darkened as the water rushed against it.

 

 



"I'm not single anymore..." He hummed once more and looked down to see the steam filling in each space of the shower. He raised his right leg to inspect the spotlessness and eventually nodded in satisfaction. It was not bad to date Sehun, it was difficult in many ways but nothing to be concerned of. He thought that they would break up but nothing troublesome had happened. Lu Han was not aware of the atmosphere but only the sound of water hitting against his body.


 

 

 




Suddenly his bathroom window slowly opened, screeching awfully messily.
 

 

 

 



 



None other than Sehun was poking his head through the window.

 


 



"You forgot to wash your hair."

 

 

 

 



As Lu Han's face took on an impressive shade of red, he covered his body with his arms and dropped down to a kneeling position.

 

 

 

 

 

 




When Sehun said he was clingy...he wasn't joking.




______________________________________________________________________________________
 

The story has technically a sequel but I don't think I'll have time to write it.
 


Maybe I will :)


Hope you guys liked it!



Sorry for typos!

 

 

 

 

 


bomi xoxo