001

Long Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What could I do when the one person I loved the most is gone?
He left me without even saying a goodbye and I could never forgive him for that. 
It's been four years since I've last seen him, since I last talked to him, and since the moment I could not stop thinking about him. Ever since he left, he was all I ever thought about.
I always wondered if he was doing alright in America. If he would come back different. My friends always told me that since he's a 3rd generation chaebol, he would probably come back all stuck up and look down at me for being... average.
I was always told them, that it would not be the case at all. But in the back of my mind, I always thought 

What if? What if he really did come back like that?
It would be hard on me, because he was my one true love. Heck, he still is my one true love. He's someone I can't forget easily. He's been there for me through everything. He can't just let me go that easily, or can he?
What if he found someone to love while he was studying aboard? What if he already got married? What if he had kids in those four years he's been gone? What if that was the reason why he left?
I shook all those thoughts away and tried to concentrate on my work instead. I couldn't be thinking about him at a time like this. I had work to be done, and little time to have it done.
I sighed at how hopeless I was being. Even my co-workers knew what was going on. For all they cared, they wanted to get with him.
After all is he the new President of the company, I work for. Coincidence? Yes.
Many of friends say I did it on purpose, but I really didn't know that the one company that I've worked for seven years happens to be the one company that he's family owns.
Sure he told me, when we were in middle school, that his family had a nice company and that it was pretty decent. He just failed to mention, that he's family is a well-respected chaebol group.
Not even as we went through high school and part of college together, did he ever mention that he was the 3rd generation chaebol of the most popular clothing brand in all of South Korea.
I sighed a little as I went through the paper work on my desk. I looked around the office and many of female employees were gossiping away about how the new President would be like.
"I'm telling you he's handsome," one said as she smiling as if imagining herself with him.
"Oh please," the other huffed. "It's true! He really is. He's like the 3rd generation chaebol of this company. And you know what they say about 3rd generation chaebols!" Another added. What is it that they say about 3rd generation chaebols?
I shook my head and continued on my work.

 

Two Days Later

I did my normal routine of walking towards the company. But the only difference this time, was there was a lot of commotion going on and I didn't know why. I ignored it because it really didn't concern me at all.
I walked through the revolving doors and went towards the elevator as always. But a tall figure stood in my way. At first I tried to avoid him but he didn't seem to want me to go through. I sighed in frustration and looked up at the person who was blocking my way.

"Excuse me. If you -" I stopped and looked up. I was shocked to see the very one person I least expected. I was baffled. I didn't know the right words to say. I couldn't be just like 'Oh Hey! How have you been? It's been a long time!' no... I just couldn't. We haven't talked since the moment he just got up and left which actually me more angrier than what I already was.

I didn't want to see his face, let alone work in the same company. Now I would have to see him at meetings because I was one of the department heads. I wanted to sigh out in frustration but with him eyeing me, I just couldn't because my heart was beating fast. Like it was about to explode out of my chest.

I tried my best to calm my nerves but it was hard with him just staring down at me.

"Gu Mi Yeon?" he asked curiously. I looked him in the eyes and he was even more handsome than when I last saw him. He was even taller and more lean.

"N-Ne," I stutter out. I wanted to hit myself at the moment but I held back the urge.

He broke out into a wide grin and pulled me into a hug. Causing some of the employees that were watching us closely, to gasp out of shock and soon whispers erupted out.

I, myself, was very shocked. I didn't know if I should hug him back or push him away but four years of not seeing my first love was too much. So I did what I least expected myself to do. I hugged him back. Which caused him to hug me tighter.

"You know I missed you," he whispered into my ear, causing me to shiver. "I-I missed you too,"

He pulled back but he held onto my arms. "You know, I hoped that you would call me. But you never did," he said. I saw the flash of sadness in his eyes. Which made me feel very guilty. But how could I call him when I didn't have his number and I didn't even have an international plan? But to him that would be excuses.

"I didn't have your number to call and I didn't know the time difference," I lied. I knew very well the time difference but I just didn't want to seem like a bother.

"Silly, you could have asked my mother!" he beamed. Causing me to smile the slightest bit.

"Oh, your mother. I haven't seen her since you left. Okay maybe once like two years ago. But not recently,"

"Yeah. She went to Europe after I left and then returned for a few days and went back," he said still looking at me as if seeing how much I've changed.

"Oh. Wow really?" I didn't know what else to say. We were standing in the middle of the lobby. People watching what we were doing and already gossiping.

"Who would have known that you worked for my company?" he said finally letting go of my arms as he shoved his hands into his front pocket of his suit.

He looked handsome in a suit. But I seriously had to keep myself from drooling.

"Yeah I know. I didn't expect this to your family company at all," I said looking down. 

"I tried so hard while we went to school to keep it a secret because I didn't want people to treat me any differently," He said as he too looked down.

I didn't know what to say. I just stood there like an idiot that I was.

"Mr. Bang!" A tall man coming jogging over to us. "Yes?" asked Min Soo as he turned around to face the guy. And then it hit me that it was L.Joe one of Min Soo's closest friends.

"Welcome sir. I'm Lee Byung Hun and I'll be your assistant," he said as he bowed formally and smiled towards me. Causing me to blush. Min Soo smiled and slightly bowed as well.

"I'll see you around Mi Yeon,"

And just like that my first love walks away. Just like he did the first time. I sighed out in frustration finally.

He's really here... what should I do? I should have moved on but I couldn't. But what if he already has someone?

 

The following Day...

I went towards my desk and placed my bag onto the desk and pulled out my laptop. I was still flustered by the fact that Min Soo is back and is the President, making him my boss.

"Gu Mi Yeon-sshi," said one of the female employees to me. "Ne?"

"Mr. Bang is looking for you," she said almost smirking. "Alright,"

I left my bag and went towards his office. I knocked twice before opening the door. "You called for me sir?" I said as I walked into his office.

It was neat. Everything was organized and in its please. It was actually pretty simple, if you ask me. But that's Min Soo's style.

"Ah Mi Yeon-ah come sit down," he said as he looked at me from the middle chair he was sitting at.

As I came around I saw a girl sitting with her head down as she smiled. "Mi Yeon this is Park Sara my..." he trails off as he looks at her. My heart seems to contract because of the suspense and the awkward atmosphere that seems to surround us.

"Fiancée," she finished. My eyes widened in shock and my heart seems to have started beating fast not because I was with Min Soo but because of the fact that Min Soo is engaged. Even though it shouldn't have come to a shock or surprise.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter