Final

The Years After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s getting colder, Yun, let’s go home?”

Jaejoong is tightening his sweater on his thin body. The weather in the end of September always rather colder than the previous months. It will be winter soon.

Another winter that I’m going to spend in waiting. Perhaps it’s gonna be another wasted season, but I won’t give up. I’m staying by your side, Yunho-yah…

Yunho doesn’t give him any reaction. Not a single gesture, or even the slightest glance. As if Jaejoong isn’t there with in the first place.

Jaejoong look at Yunho in worry. Yunho sits really quietly on a bench in the park. He looks forward, but he isn’t really seeing particular things. His eyes are empty as always and he had been doing that since two hours ago. It’s quite long to stay around in the middle of cold and strong winds of autumn. Yunho only wears a long sleeve t-shirt and a soft yellow scarf around his neck. If they aren’t leaving soon, he probably will catch a cold.

“Yun…” Jaejoong is trying again.

Look at me, please-please-please….

Yet his plea meets another futile attempts.

It’s become harder in every days that passed to see the once his proud-gentle-care-loving band leader, now stuck in the lowest point in his life. If only Jaejoong knew their end would be this damned kind of end, he would stayed in Yunho’s side. No matter how hard it was for him.

Yunho was his brother. Yunho was his solace. Yunho was his light. Yunho was his everything, from the smallest to the biggest, Jung Yunho was all for Kim Jaejoong.

Jaejoong sighed heavily. He is taking off his sweater and wearing it to Yunho, letting it be another source of warm for the man. Yunho look at him questioningly. But Jaejoong is saying no words, he just sitting himself right beside Yunho.

Slowly, Jaejoong reaches for Yunho’s hand and hold it tight. He smiles to Yunho warmly. “It’s okay if you want to stay here a little longer. Next time, just let me know if you want to go to the park. I will bring extra sweater for you.”

Or you can just let me to hug you…

Yunho breaths harshly, set his hand free from Jaejoong’s hold immediately. He stands up and giving back the sweater to Jaejoong, before he takes fast steps to leaving.

“Wait! Yunho, wait! Where are you going?”

Yunho doesn’t answering.

“Are we going home?”

The moment Yunho gives him small nod, Jaejoong smiles in victory.

“Why?” Jaejoong asks in teasing tone. “Because I gave you my sweater so you afraid if I’m the one whose gonna catch a cold?”

Yunho still doesn’t say anything, but Jaejoong knows the answer better.

I know you still care for me, Yunho-yah. Still is, forever will and forever more.

+

“Yah! Jung Yunho, say something to me. It’s getting boring, you know?”

Yunho snorted loudly at Yoochun. He is giving the man a side sharp glance before looking back to television in silence.

“I thought you would be able entertainment me so I was agreed right away when Jaejoong asked me to accompany you.”

Yunho sends Yoochun another sharp glances. Then he take out a small notes and a pen that he always brings inside his pocket.

Get the off from here then. He writes and shows it to Yoochun.

“Ck, unfortunately, that won’t do. Jaejoong’s going to kill me if he is here and couldn’t find my .”

Yunho is looking for blank space in the notes and write another sentences. You talks a lot today and you sounds like Changmin. Much.

“Na-ah. I’m nicer than Changmin. And talking about Changmin, what did he do actually, travelling around the world and didn’t come back for months?”

I don’t know. Shut up. I’m watching TV here.

But Yoochun isn’t paying attention much to what Yunho writes. He comes with another random question to annoy Yunho. “Hey, Yun… what day that you love the most?”

Yunho looks at Yoochun lazily, but answer it nonetheless.

Wednesday.

He looks at what he just writes in deep thought, then write once more.

Friday, too. And… Saturday.

“I said ‘day’, Yunho. That’s mean one day only.”

I don’t care. I like those days.

“Why?”

Yunho doesn’t write anything, but Yoochun knows the answer better.

It’s because in those days Jaejoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter