We're still worth fighting for

My Darkest Days (We're still worth fighting for)

So, here you have a little more angsty one shot
There is a dud in this story andI thought of Nickhun while writing him, butit can be anyone you want
The story is written from Jessica's point of view.

 

 

You look at him, your eyes shining brightly. You told me it was over – yet I can’t accept it. It’s only yesterday that you’d kiss me good morning with the brightest smile on your face, looking at me with all the love in your eyes – telling me that I was the only person that mattered, telling me that I’m the oxygen you need oh so badly. So tell me, what has changed between us? What happened for you to run away, to seek someone else to cry and lean on? What does he have that I don’t? He doesn’t know you the way I do, he doesn’t know what you like and what you hate – the little nothings that make your day greater. He’s an outsider that came into your life a few months ago, he’s a player. He’s rich and famous – but so am I. Maybe because he’s a man, maybe, because your relationship with him is socially acceptable – unlike ours. Because we sinned. You told me to let you go – as your last wish, but I can’t. It’s so hard, it’s too hard.

 

So hard to let go
And I still hear the sound
Of your voice singin' in my head
I can't surrender
'Cause the rope's slowly coming apart
But hangin' by a thread

 

It's gone on
For too long
And this is it

 

I tried forgetting you – forgetting us, but we live in the same dorm and every morning when you walk down the stairs to the kitchen, where everyone is waiting for you to be able to start breakfast, I am reminded of us. Of everything we had. Yet, you act as if there had never been an ‘us’ – as if we never shared more than the same cup. You talk about your plans of the day, about him (he is so perfect), completely disregarding the fact that I sit here, in front of you, listening to every single word you say (he is such a romantic). You kill me inside, yet I fake a smile when everyone starts squealing after you tell them how romantic and perfect your last date was (he kissed me on the porch). But I did all of this too – I kissed you when no one was looking, because you were scared of what would happen if someone found out, bought you your favorite roses and took you shopping in LA on Valentine’s day – but he is still so much better. So why are you avoiding my gaze? If you’re over ‘us’ – an ‘us’ that never even existed – and if he is so perfect, then why do you avoid being alone with me? You won’t even look me in the eyes.

 

So take a look into my eyes one last time
So we never forget
The way we were before
When we came alive at the moment we met
This is still worth fighting
Still worth fighting for

 

Yes we’ve had our fights. Yes we made the other cry – but we always made up. I’d buy you roses and sing you a cheesy song, saying that I was sorry and that I could never be without you and you’d do the same. But with him it’s different. He doesn’t apologize first and you’re always at fault. I can hear you cry at night when I pass your room. Oh how often you come home, your eyes red because you cried too much – someone as caring as you shouldn’t cry this much. You’d tell us that the day was perfect, not mentioning that he ended up dumping you to go play with his friends, not telling us how he told you’d ‘look ugly’ in that dress that is your favorite and ‘there are so many girls that are prettier than you’. So why do you tell everyone that you never fight? It’s becoming toxic and you’re even starting to lose weight, simply because he told you that you ‘looked fat’ in that one dress – yet it suits your perfectly. Your eyes have lost their bright shine from when we used to date, from when you started dating him, now they look lifeless – you look lifeless and it’s so painful to watch. I want to help you, talk to you, but you keep ignoring me all the time – why can’t you just listen to me? Look at me just one last time?

 

A glass that's half empty
Won't wash away the mistakes
It only makes a mess
It's worth defending
A tiny glimpse of what it would take
To make us better yet

 

It's gone on
For too long
And this is it

 

Day by day you get worse, you are no longer cheerful and happy, you’ve become lifeless and not even the little things make you happy anymore. I’m tired of seeing you suffering like this, even the fans started notice that there’s something wrong – but we can’t keep lying forever – sooner or later the truth will be out. The two of you fought again – you’ve cried the whole night, telling yourself that you’re just overreacting and that he is the perfect partner for you. And I wonder ‘what did he do this time?’ The days on which you cry when you come home start assimilating – I hardly see you smile anymore. But I refuse to give up. I walk into your room one night, where you are crying – once again. You’re not pleased to see me and throw every insult you know to make me leave – but none of the insults is as painful as the rejection had been. I try to talk to you, ask you why you’re crying every night and you tell me I’m at fault – I am the reason you cry all the time. Just seeing me makes you sick, I manipulated you, tricked you into being with me to play a sick game with you, a game that was sinful and wrong. And it’s so hard not to start crying, you words hurt me more than I want to admit it – I expected a lot, but not that. And I tell you. I tell you that I still love you and that if he makes you miserable like this, he doesn’t even deserve you. (But neither do you) and you destroyed me. All my resolutions about picking you back together, helping you out of your depression crumble as I give up on us – just like you wanted me to. Are you happy now?

 

So take a look into my eyes one last time
So we never forget the way we were before
When we came alive at the moment we met
This is still worth fighting for
A love that wants to live
I'll give you all I've got to give
So let's try one last time
So we never forget
This is still worth fighting for
(I'm ready for one more battle scar)
This is still worth fighting for
(I'm ready for one more battle scar)
This is still worth fighting
We're still worth fighting for

 

But are we really?