; XXII

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXII

 

 

When someone hurt you so bad, it was normal for you to hate them. It was logic if you decide to turn your back after what they did to you. You hated this person for hurt you and made you feel so insecure all the time, or you supposed to.  That shall be happen to Jongin who lost his half after Naeun left him.

Jongin knew that he was at fault too, he was the reason why she left. Jongin abadoned her for a long time, ignored her and always choose his work over her—that’s why she left. And Jongin fell into a deep hole, regreting his actions back then for a very long time.

Now he has recovered, he thought he forgot her already. Jongin thought she would never comeback, if anything he would still choose his life now—in this case, Soojung, of course—over her. Past is past, Jongin always noted to himself.

Jongin supposed to ignore Naeun when she called his name. He supposed to keep walking and not turning his back, approach her with speechless face. Jongin should had keep his mind stay sane, but look at him now, regretting what he just did.

“It’s me, Naeunie,”

His mind suddenly stopped working. His body wasn't moving at all. He frozed, he would never expect this will happen one day.

“Jongin-ah, I need your help.”

Her voice were cracking. He knew it. He knew her more than anyone, she must be having a hard time, Jongin could sense it by her voice. Did she cry?

“I know I’m not supposed to come to you after what happen between us,” Naeun whispered, still standing on her spot. She tried hard to control her voice, making it sound as normal as possible. “But, I don't know what should I do. I can't come back home, I can't come to eonni.”

And that’s it. Jongin turned his back and looking straight on her eyes. He felt a big pang on his heart as soon as he saw her. Naeun looked different, with her lifeless stares, her skinny figure—even he could see her bone, her black eyebag which so obvious. Not to mention her cheek fat, it had disappeared.

For a second Jongin thought he was looking at wrong person.

“W-what happened?” was the only thing that escape his mouth.

Naeun’s cry went harder, “Please, help me. I beg you, please help me.”

*

 

 

That morning Soojung wake up like usual, took a bath and prepare everything by herself to get ready go to her office. Everything seemed fine, until she sat down in her kitchen. Her breakfast was ready in front of her, Soojung decided to check her phone first before start eat.

No message, no call. She frowned. Jongin didn't try to contact her since last night, was that even possible? He seemed so worried to know Soojung went home alone last night, but look at him now, he didn't even try to text her.

Soojung pressed a green button; calling Jongin. The number you’re calling is out of reaching, send your message after this—

Click.

“What the hell?” Soojung frowned even deeper. There, she dropped her phone on table, feeling a little upset.

Jongin usually won’t be like this. Normally he would call her for a good night or at least text her. She was falling asleep as soon as she reached home—feeling tired after a long tiring day—and she didn't even text him last night, but that doesn't make him wont text her a good night.

And look at him now, his phone is off. Jongin usually would text her if he couldn’t take her to office, and she was okay as long as he told her why. There were no words from her and she didn't know how to feel except upset.

She decided to not finish her breakfast, because she knew she would be late if she went to office by public transportation at this time. For the first time after Jongin came to her life, Soojung went to her work with heavy feeling.

 

 

Everything was so gloomy for her that day. Soojung barely passed work hour before lunch time, and she hardly focus on her works which right in front of her.

It was almost break time when Sehun walked inside without saying a thing. Soojung raised her head from table and frowned to the latter, “Don't you have manner, Oh Sehun?”

“I thought you know me bettera as time passed,” he replied as he sat down.

“What do you want?”

“Are you busy?”

“Can't you see that by your own?”

Sehun noticed annoyed tone from the skinny woman behind her table, made him frowned. It wasn't like usual. Well, Soojung usually replied him with not so nice words, but this time, her tone sounds different.

“Is there something going on?” Sehun finally asked.

“Nothing much. It’s just about—work,”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

Sehun rolled his eyes, “You sounded like you have a bad day.”

“Well,” Soojung her lips, “I am.”

The tall guy inside the room nodded his head and crossed his legs, “I heard you went home by yourself last night.”

How do you know, was a thing she wanted to ask. Instead, she asked something else, “Why’d you care?”

“Do I look like I care?” Sehun asked back, “Wait—well, it’s not like that. You know, we finished the photoshoot around nine pm and I believe you went home past ten, am I right?”

Soojung shot a stare to him, then silently nodded. Soojung still remembered, last night Sehun tried to assure her to go home together—which she decline, of course. She didn't feel like she need someone’s help, even worse, Sehun. He wasn't that trustworthy to her, at least now.

“Do you know how dangerous it is for a woman like you go home late in a big town like Seoul?”

Soojung leaned to her chair and let out a breathe, “Sehun, let me tell you one thing.” He didn't reply so Soojung co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter