하나

The Demon's Flower

When touched by a demon, flowers begin to wither and die.

“Kookie~”

He knows that. He knows that rule by fact, that a demon like him is too powerful for a mere flower to handle.

“Kookieeeee~”

And yet he doesn’t understand why… Why this human girl he had accidentally adopted is so persistent in giving him flowers? When it will only wilt and die in his touch.

“Yah Koooooookiiiieeee!!!”

Jungkook halted his steps and annoyingly looked down at the smiling six year old girl who was chasing him since morning. “What do you want, kid?”

“Good morning Kookie!” she greeted him with her smile that could effortlessly light up the whole town. Jungkook inwardly groaned as he imagined how Jin and his servants will fawn over the little girl once they saw this.

“Is that all?” With furrowed eyebrows and an unexplainable expression, Jungkook stared at the girl who was still smiling despite the fact that there was nothing to smile about that early in the morning. Well for Jungkook that is.

However the girl kept beaming at him, looking at him as if she was expecting something back. And being the emotionally weak against flower-like smile he is, Jungkook lost right away.

“Good morning, Hwayoung.” He greeted with a low but enough for little Hwayoung to hear grunt. He waited for her to go. When Hwayoung didn’t move an inch, he rolled his eyes when he figured out why. She wanted him to pat her in the head. To touch her. Skinship. 

A skinship that was not going to happen. He was afraid. Scared of what may happen if he touches her. Call him paranoid and overreacting but no, he'll never take a chance.

Every flower he holds, wilts and dies.

And he probably would die too if that happens to the only human girl he grew attached to. But whenever the thought of feeling his fingertips is on the girl's skin, he can't help the shivers electrocuting him. *No way. I will not touch her. Not when this fear of losing her is in the way.*

“A greeting is enough, human girl.”

The shine in Hwayoung’s eyes dimmed a little and her million kilowatt smile turned into a small pout.

“Muuu. What a party pooper.” She said.

Jungkook’s eyes widened in disbelief. Him? A party pooper? But more than anything else, "Yah who taught you that word?”

Once again, Hwayoung beamed. “Taetae! You know he said that too yesterday when you didn’t join us at the tea party. Oppa said that it’s not a bad word. That it's a word Hwayoung can use because it simply describes a person who kills the fun.” She explained with much enthusiasm.

Jungkook was listening to the girl whose innocence was clear as the weather that day, and can’t help but palm his face. How can his self-proclaimed friend teach this gullible thing something utterly disrespectful and unforgivable for a high-ranked demon like him? And to his flower on top of that. *Kim Taehyung, you are so dead.*

“But then I don’t want to call you that because for me, Kookie is fun. So come with us to the tea party later? Hmm? Kookie please?” Little Hwayoung rubbed her hands together and put on her best pleading face. She knew very well that Jungkook doesn't like the day but a tea time won't hurt, right?

*I knew it.* Jungkook tightly shut his eyes and tried to look elsewhere. Unfortunately, Hwayoung’s image kept appearing in his mind. It got to him. And he knew she got him. He let out a ‘you-are-so-hopelessly-innocent’ sigh and bent on his one knee in order to meet Hwayoung’s height.

“Listen Hwayoung-ah. You don’t have copy what Taehyung says. Better yet, don’t listen to anything he teaches you because he is a bad person.”

“He is?” Hwayoung innocently tilted her head.

*Really gullible.* Jungkook secretly smirked and automatically put a hand on her head, not aware that he was breaking his own promise to himself. 

“Yes he is. The only people you must listen to are the housekeeper oppas and unnies, Jin and me. In exchange of that, I'll go to tea time with you. Arasso?”

Hwayoung quickly pasted a wide grin on her beautiful face and nodded obediently. She feels so elated. Not only because Jungkook's going to tea time with her, but also because he patted her head. *Taetae I did it! I got Kookie to touch me!* she thought.

“Aye, aye captain!” She even saluted.

Jungkook nodded in satisfaction and straightened up. “Good girl. Now go and play with the maids and never bother me in broad daylight.” 

He was about to turn when a little hand caught him off-guard and forced him to kneel on one knee again.

“Kookie wait!”

Jungkook silently gasped as a soft little hand held out his while the other hand gave him blue rose.

“Kookie... Did you know that a blue rose means impossible?” she gently wrapped his fingers to the thorn less rose. Hwayoung giggled at the dumbfounded look on Jungkook’s face.

“W-what are you saying-”

“But you know,” she continued.

Jungkook, who was all stiff and frozen from the sudden touch, shut his mouth and listened out of curiosity. He was surprised to see a too-mature-for-her-age Hwayoung. Whenever she speaks like one, Jungkook feels like he's speaking to a noona instead. *Except that I'm over 300 years old. Yeah a noona.*

“I don’t think there is such thing as impossible because,” Hwayoung cheekily grinned at him. “Are we not enough proof? Taetae told me that a demon isn’t supposed to live with a human. And yet Kookie is here for Hwayoung.”

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

The once calm rhythmic beat suddenly became abnormally irregular. He could feel his heart bursting in his ribcage, as if it wants to go out to breathe air. His cheeks felt awfully warm. And even without him looking in a mirror, he knew he was madly blushing.

*Damn. What sorcery is this? Is this kid really six years old? Wait, Jeon Jungkook why are you talking to yourself? Geez the sun’s heat must have gotten to your head that you went crazy now.*

“And for that…” Hwayoung, being completely unaware of Jungkook’s internal conflict, slowly leaned in and gave him a small peck on the cheek “Thank you Kookie.”

Jungkook felt his heart stop. If there was a heart monitor beside him, he swears that his life line was dead flat already. But who is he kidding? He's a demon for god's sake and a kiss can't kill him. Well can it really not?

To make things even weirder in Jungkook’s eyes, the background slowly fading to gray and the only ones with color were the two of them. With a song slowly playing in his mind,

Don’t wanna fool, wanna be cool, wanna be loved, we have the same love. I know it’s over yeah.

The atmosphere was really perfect for a confession! *What the actual fok are you thinking Jeon Jungkook?*

And with her smile similar to a newly bloomed flower, simple and beautiful. The Hwayoung's usual smile that has the power to melt his insides... Plus the last thing he would want to hear her say at this young age. *Jungkook, get a hold of yourself. She's six not eighteen! She's a kid-*

“I love you Jeon Jungkookie!”

Oh dear god.

*Jeon Jungkook, may you rest in peace.*

(◕‿◕✿) (◕‿◕✿) (◕‿◕✿)

“Taetae!!! Jinjin!”

Taehyung was sitting comfortably while reading a book in the Jeon Manor’s living room, when he looked up after he heard his name.

“TAETAE OPPA!!!!! JINJIN!” the voice screamed again.

Upon hearing his favorite human girl’s voice, he quickly stood up to meet her. “My Baby Hwayoung!”

“Taetae oppa help!” she yelled, her voice full of worry and fear. It seems like she was in big trouble.

Taehyung grew alarmed. “Where are you?! What happened to my baby Hwayoung? Hwayoung–ah where—“ Taehyung almost choked when he saw the little girl having a hard time dragging an unconscious Jungkook. It was a rare sight to see, much more see the Most Honorable Count Jeon in an unexpected state.

“Uh can you tell me what happened dear?” he inquired as he bent down to poke Jungkook's forehead.

Right there and then, Hwayoung ran to Taehyung and wailed. “TAETAE! KOOKIE IS DEAD! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO? I KILLED KOOKIE. ”

Now that was hilarious. Even the strongest knight couldn't beat the mighty Jungkook in a battle. To hear that he was killed by a child? A girl on top of that? Jungkook's rivals in the demon world would have a field day. Stifling a chuckle, Taehyung got down and coddled the crying girl. “Shh baby girl. Don’t cry now. It’ll be alright.”

 “B-but... B-but... BUT...”

“What’s going on?” From the kitchen, Jin the butler poked his head out of the door to check what the ruckus was about.

The moment she heard his voice, Hwayoung flailed her arms and tried to reach the newcomer. “JINJIN!” 

In a blink of an eye, calm and collected Jin transformed to Eomma Jin at the sight of crying Hwayoung. “Aigoo what’s wrong with our Hwayoungie? Hmm?” Jin walked over to comfort her when he tripped on something (more liked tripped on Jungkook) and landed on the floor, face first.

*Clumsy as ever.* Taehyung shook his head. He was used to this but the little girl in his arms isn’t.

“JINJIN!!!” Hwayoung’s cry went to the max level and there was no way to stop her. “TAETAE! I DIDN’T ONLY KILL KOOKIE BUT JINJIN TOO! HWAYOUNG’S A BAD GIRL!”

“Oh dear.” He gently tapped her back and did his best to calm her. “Enough with the tears baby. They are not dead yet.”

Taehyung set her down and wiped her tears with his thumb. “Stay still okay? Taehyung oppa will check your memory okay?”

“So they are not dead?”Hwayoung sniffed.

Taehyung gave her an assuring smiled before linking their foreheads. He was glad that he had the power to read memories or else he would be completely clueless. In short stupidly helpless.

Recounting memories was a bothersome task but for Hwayoung, it was nothing. He chanted a few spells to make things easier. It was like watching an opera play, the only difference was they were human memories. He saw what had happened earlier and he couldn’t help but burst into violent laughing fits.

Taehyung held his stomach that was starting to hurt and the girl’s hair. “Oh my innocent Hwayoung, Jungkookie is not dead. He only fainted.”

“He fainted?” she asked while staring at Jungkook’s motionless body.

“Yes. He just lost consciousness. He’ll wake up later. The same goes for Jinjin so don’t cry anymore arasso?”

She only responded by embracing him.

Taehyung coo-ed. *This girl never fails to touch my heart. On the other hand,* He side-glared at the unconscious Jungkook, feelings utterly disgusted at the blushing face he saw in Hwayoung's memories.

“You're so naughty dongsaeng. Making me look bad in front of Hwayoung? So I'm a bad person? I think you are describing yourself, maknae.” He scoffed. Once Jungkook wakes up, he would give him a taste of his own bitter medicine. “Blushing because of a little girl’s words?”

“Taetae?”

He instantly changed his expression into a soft and caring one. “Hwayoung-ah, let’s go to the kitchen to drink tea to calm you okay? Kookie and Jinjin will wake up soon and you wouldn’t want them to see your bloated face, do you?”

Hwayoung gasped. “I don't want!” She covered her face, horrified of the current state. Girls really.

“Then let’s go!”

Before going to the kitchen, he threw a last look on Jungkook. He mentally kicked him in the and shook his head in disappointment.

“What a pedo.”

A/N:
I don't know man. I think I'm drunk or just plain high.
I hope it's okay though! Once again~
Thank you for reading!!! < 3



Date posted: 150111