Unxpected Love

Unexpected Love

Jackson was in a hurry. All he had time to do was brush his teeth really fast, no time for mouth wash or flossing, He was already 5 minutes late as he was.

Black brief case slung over his shoulder Jackson hopped on his bike and peddled himself towards the city.
Today was his official interview with Miss Kim, the CEO of her very successful Wine Company, Playful. Growing up in a household that made homemade wine, Jackson was sure he'd get it..If he got around to showing up that is.

Barely making it Jackson throws this bike aside carelessly and run inside, hopefully the lift would be waiting in the lobby, he was nearly 20 minutes late. This was not the impression he wanted to make. If she still saw him, He'd have to rush through his presentation and get to the meat and potatoes, that meant his PowerPoint and visual reference would have to be skipped.

Jackson panted as he spoke to the front receptionist named Linzy, he must of scared her because her hands shook as he quickly reached for the phone to notify her boss her 3:00 had finally arrived.
She tells him to have a seat and wait for Miss Kim to see him.

He felt nervous, the confidence he had an hour ago had faded. He was now jittery and couldn't keep still. 'Goodness'  he thought ' what if she turns me away, This would be a waste of a trip', Jackson then crossed his fingers and begging all the sky deities for a chance at this job, even though he knew this was his fault.

A young woman dressed in a tight black leather skirt, heeled boots and a simple black blouse stepped out of her office, she briskly walked to her receptionist Linzy, who then passed her a orange While you were out sheet.

The woman took the sheet and scanned it briefly. 

"Tell Hong Kong that order is too large for the payment they sent us. Did my 3 o'clock ever show up? " The woman asked boredly.

"Yes ma'am. Mr. Wang is sitting over there" Linzy said nervously. 

The woman paused and looked over she shoulder at Jackson. Her ruby lips smirked sarcastically for a quick second. She  moved her hair off her shoulder and walked back to her office.

"Send Mr. Wang in" she said dully.Jackson worried this was a bad sign. He suddenly wished he did some more research on the woman interviewing him. All he knew about her was her name.
Jei J.

"So, tell me about yourself Mr.Wang. why do you wish to work at Playful?" She asked "Do you have any experience? "

The door hadn't even shut before Ms. Kim began to throw questions at him.  He managed to answer them all through his nervousness.  He shuddered and rambled but he answered them all correctly. 

With a smile Jei stands up, placing both of her hands on her desk. "You seem nervous. Would you like some coffee to calm your nerve Mr. Jackson?" She asks titling her head to the side as she spoke.

His throat suddenly felt dryer than the Sahara desert. He shook his head  and Jei pressed a button on her table phone and barked two espresso orders to her secretary. She then smiled sweetly to Jackson.

"Should only be a mere moment" She purrs.

Was it all in poor Jackson's head or was Ms J acting odd. When she saw him earlier, she didn't even bother calling him in, she had the receptionist do it, Now the woman Jackson was so sure was a ice queen was acting sweet to him and ordering him an espresso (which he hated, but he wasn't going to give her a reason to change back).

She sits in front of him on the edge of the desk, she picks up his employment folder and begins to read through it. She squints to read the finer writing on the second page. she then slips out a pair of red reading glasses and places them on her tiny nose. Jackson bit his lower lip as he watched her.

He never found assertive women attractive before but he couldn't see her being any other way and she was...

He looked around, reminding himself where he was. This wasn't suppose to happen, he wished he could rewind his mind and go back to thinking she was a scary and not want to push her back on the desk and...

"Are you paying attention Mr. Jackson?" Jei called him out for the third time. He was acting so odd, at first he was starting her legs now he was staring off into space. She knew why though.

Taking advantage of the situation, Jei slid off her desk and walked over to him and bend over, resting her palms on his lap, making sure her right hand was a bit too close to his ever so semi hard..

"Miss J I have your espressos"

Jei jumped up as if she had been shocked, slight embarrassed but arouse to be almost caught in such a compromising position with a future employee.

Yes at that moment Jei had decided she would hire on Mr. Jackson, his portfolio was impressive. he had done a lot for his age but there was something there that she wanted..badly. It must of been his sweet innocent. She wondered if he ever kissed a woman before, girls maybe but never a woman. The mere thought sent a delicious tingle down her back. she wanted to the innocent scent from his lips

Jei swiftly took the cups of espresso from her secretaries hand and handed one to Jackson. She took a sip to distract her wanton thoughts.

"Cheers Jackson"

"Why ma'am?" Jackson asked confused and embarrassed.

"you're now my intern, cheers" Jei smirks,  admiring her red lip print on her cup.

Jackson slowly smiles brightly raising his cup in the air he returns her toast "Cheers"

Jei ignores him and takes another sip of her espresso, she couldn't wait. She had so many plans.

                                                   ◇◇◇◇◇●●●●◇◇◇◇◇

   It wasn't even 6 am when his cell phone chime woke him up. Jackson jerked out of the bed, alarmed and startled. He clumsily searched for his iPhone in the bedside drawer. He liked to keep his things nice and organized.  The phone stopped ringing.  Jackson sighed and fell back in bed.

 He closed his eyes for a while but his phone rang again. With an irritated groan Jackson plucks his phone out the drawer and answered with a grumpy disposition.

"Hello?'

"Where are you?!" A angry shrill voice greeted his ears

"Who is this?" Jackson asked rubbing his temples

A laugh came from the other side "Your joking right Mr.Wang? My driver is 4 miles from your home please be ready when we pull up" 

A click brought him back to sober thinking. He just mouth off to his new boss. This would be his first day. He quickly washed his face; brushed his teeth and ran a comb through his thick black hair. 

Her car had just pulled up when he pulled on his sports coat.

The driver honked once And Jackson ran out to meet her. She didn't seem like a person who'd wait more than she had to.

Inside the shiny black Towne car was Miss Jei, squinting at her tablet , wearing a long turtle neck sweater dress and red pumps. Her long black hair was wrapped up in a high chignon bun. She wore the same shade of red she always did. 

"I need you to be up and and ready before 5:30 AM Jackson.  And if you can please have my breakfast called in so its hot and ready for me when I arrive at the office" she rattled off as he fastened himself in. 

"Also please program my number in your phone.  I need access to you 24/7. Sunday's are your days off use them wisely. I like cream and sugar in my coffee, I only drink earl grey tea which should be hot when you enter my office. By the end of the day please import my calendar into your tablet and phone. " she paused and looked at him. "Where are your notes newbie.  You should be writing this down?"

Jackson nodded and began quickly jotting down her needs and rules in his phone. He was beginning to think working for her would be hell.

 

   Three weeks fly by, Jackson grew use to Jei's every whim and random request. But he started to notice the looks she would give him when they were alone in her office. When she thought he wasn't looking, he would see her looking briefly at him intensely and send him away to his desk.  She close her door for a bit and come back out a bit flustered and pink. She would purposely avoid his eyes.

If they were alone in her office she would 'accidently' knock things off her desk and demand he pick them up. When he did as she asked, he would feel her gaze on his back.. and today was no difference.

Jei acted like she typing a very important email, when she elbowed her gold and white iPhone off her desk.
Knowing how expensive that model was, Jackson dove to catch it before it fell to the floor, landing hard on his stomach. 

He was breathless for a moment so he stayed on the ground to regain his air. He turned his head to get more air in his lungs when he got a nice peek at his boss's long silky white legs. He gulped hard and tried to advert his eyes but it was no use. he couldn't stop staring at her beautiful legs.

Jei grew impatient. "What's taking you so long?" She shouted

he ignored her and watched her her skirt hem shrink away. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. He knew peeping at her was wrong and could surly get him fired but at the moment, his brain wouldn't work properly.

He became overwhelmed with a strong desire to her milky legs. It was such a shame they were attached to such a miserable person.

Jackson took a deep breath and stood up, handing Jei the phone. She in turn rolled her eyes, but she felt victorious.

      Jei stopping dropping things for him to pick up, she felt she was being to subtle, she decided she make her wants kwon by inviting her irresistible intern out to a fancy dinner. She'd let him run up a bill and make him feel obligated to giver what she wanted. With a cunning smile she continued to prepare herself for work.

On the ride to work Jei popped the question.

"I need you to drop all your plans tonight Jackson" Jei said emotionless

Jackson stopped mid text and looked at his boss, she had her poker face on but heat was creeping on her full soft cheeks.

"What's going on ma'am" He asked

A chill went up her spine, she loved when he called her ma'am, "Nothing I'm just hungry and I don't want to eat alone. clear all your plans" She said trying hard to keep it together.

"Will do" He was thrilled, he'd spend time with her outside of the office and maybe eat fancy food. Of course whatever plans he did or didn't have would be dropped.

Mid day Jei sent him a new suit to wear tonight. It wasn't anything "special" (its a shame a an Armani Exchange suit was nothing special to her) but she excepted him to wear it tonight when he accompanied her later.

The whole day went smoothly, with out a minor incident Jackson got Jei to and from her daily meetings. She didn't once had to scold him. You could say it was a good day, but Jei had butterflies.

She wanted the night to hurry up, she wanted to drink sweet wine and eat imported lobster and caviar, but more importantly she wanted to do those things with Jackson. She didn't under why. She did figure it was because she wanted the boy badly.

        They sat near the window on the 27th floor Italian Bistro, They had a perfect view of the city that seemed to glow. The only thing that would make this dinner even more perfect was if she was with some that could love her despite her flaws and pettiness. Oh and if it were snowing. Jei loved when it snowed. To her it was more romantic than rain fall in Paris.

"Did you know that no snow flake is alike?" Jei asked in a dreamy voice

Jackson softly chuckled as he watched his boss stare outside fore lorn. Her softer side was peeking through her tough attitude and poker face. He smiled as he admire her.

Jei peeked at him from under thick mascara cover eyelashes, she wonder why he looked so adoreable at this moment. What put that smile on his handsome face. She knew it wasn't her for certain. She was unlucky when came to love and emotions, Business was the only thing in life that worked out according to plan.

A while later Jackson watched her slowly eat her strawberries, she was having strawberries and champagne for dessert but she didn't seem to be enjoying them very much. She seemed sad. He began to wonder if something had made her sad. Maybe she got into a fight with her boyfriend..Is that why she insisted Jackson came alone with her to dinner. She did say she didn't want to eat alone. Geez when Jackson thought of it like that he suddenly wanted to leave. He had too much pride to be someone's stand in. He wasn't some mindless gigolo.

 Standing up he caught her attention "Where are you going?" She asked

"Home" Jackson says gruffly

"But- I'm not done yet" She says catching her voice nearing a whine.

"Call your boyfriend, He should be here not me" Jackson bitterly says.

Jei looks down at her dish of chocolate and caramel drizzled strawberries then back up at Jackson. Cheeks flushed and  doe like eyes. 

"I don't have a boyfriend Mr. Jackson" she says shyly, ashamed she had to openly admit that. Hopefully he didn't ask her why, she didn't think she could handle anymore embarrassment. She didn't want to say what she truly feared.

That men were intimidated by her wealth and intelligent. It was all fun and game with them until she wanted to get serious , then suddenly they weren't ready for commitment, but in the end they all married the ideal woman. Beauty no brains, no challenge. 

She swore off all men, unless they were keeping her company, but she was never going to tell Jackson all this. He'd see her as some heartless man eater. it's not like he was the first man to ever think her that way.

Jei stood up as well, "If your going home I'm going home as well. Jackson please fetch my coat and call my driver" she ordered.

"No" Jackson said deeply

Jei turned her head. "What did you say?"

"I said no. Fetch your own coat call your own driver and dont forget to pay your bill" he snapped at her.

She raised a hand to , how dare he speak to his boss like this, she looked around hoping the people looking would look away.

"Jackson.." She started but he stopped her.

"I quit." he rumbles.

"I don't understand, why?"

"Because.." He trailed off trying to sort out his words " Because I love you"

Her eyes widen with surprise, she was choking on her words as she tried to process all he said. He loved her. 

Maybe it was the Champagne and the tense silence but she felt as if she was going to cry. he loved her and she was such an awful person. She thought of of all the awful things she made him do and get for her, darn near  feeling up like a nasty ajumma. He loved a terrible person. It was too much for her to handle.

"I have to go" She mumbled and walked towards the coat check but hurried past it, she hadn't even called her driver yet but she was already planning her escape plan. She needed to get away or get some air, maybe both. ' I i should of never hired him' She thought as she walked down the busy streets. She needed a smoke and a strong drink.

How dare he get under skin and hit her where it hurt the most. Her heart. It wasn't fair, the kid was playing dirty.

Guess he wasn't as innocent as she thought.

She had gotten as far a four blocks when she noticed her shoulders were cold. She remembered she had walked past the coat check. Her fur shawl was back at the restaurant, she'd have to ask Jackson..oh that right he quit. 

"Because he loves me" she mumbled to herself. 

What a night.

She realized she would have to get a cab soon because there was no way she'd take the train, she wasn't sure if she even knew how to used it, it had been a long while since she last needed to use a train to get anywhere.

"God look at me I'm so disconnected from reality, No wonder people dont like me" she cursed herself.

'Jackson likes you"  some where in her brain had said.

"Well he doesn't count' She pouted.

"God even when your mental your stubborn" A voice said out of no where. Turning her head she saw Jackson leaning against her car. He was holding her fur in his arms.

She stuck her nose in the air and walked away, Jackson followed her.

"You look cold ma'am"

"Well I'm not" She lied stubbornly

"Right that's why your shivering"

She her thin heels to face him, he stood there with a cocky smile on his handsome face. she didn't know weather to slap him or stomp on his cheap leather shoes.

"You made your point by saying those vulgar words to me in my favorite restaurant , you mad your point now leave me alone" she stomped her foot.

Jackson shook his head "You don't get it"

He walked towards her and wrapped her fur around her peite shoulders and brought her chin up so she could look him in the eyes.

"I would never say something vulgar to the woman I love. I love you Jei accept it. I know you love me too. I can see it in your eyes. I love you" He whispered.

he leaned, filling the space between them and kissed her softly.

It was everything Jei ever wanted, Romance in the city.

 

 

Finto