Right Direction 7

Right Direction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have my hopes high

and I want us to fly

We're not perfect, you and I

but if feels right with me and you

so don't let me fall without you

 

-

 

Jessica woke up to the sound of insistent ringing and feeling of vibration from her phone laying by the side of her head on the table. She doesn't wake up so easily, but due to the awkward position she fell asleep in, she didn't sleep so comfortably and she is awaken easily.

She checked the phone to see a number of missed calls and multiple messages coming from Tiffany. She'll deal with it later. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, Jessica fixed her vision on the picture frame sitting on her desk.

Unbeknownst to her, the sound did not only wake her up but also the other person inside the office Jessica has no idea is with her.

Taeyeon yawned and stretched her limbs feeling them stiff with how uncomfortable her sleeping position on the couch was. She fell asleep sitting on the couch last night - though she did not intend too. She only wanted to admire Jessica for a while but ended up sleeping due to tiredness.

The small movement and little noises surprised the other girl. Jessica jolted up at the surprising sight of Taeyeon stretching in front of her. The sudden move made caused her to knock over the picture frame on top of the table and it broke into pieces in front of Taeyeon. Shattered pieces of glass littered the floor.

The sound of shattering glass halted Taeyeon's movement as she looked at a surprise Jessica now standing and fully awake. They were both surprised to see each other that Taeyeon had to blink her eyes twice to register what is happening. Breaking from her trance she shifted her eyes onto the floor where broken glasses has littered.

Jessica rushes to the other side of her table to pick up the broken pieces of the frame, but Taeyeon was already crouching down, examining the damage. They both reached out for the photo but Taeyeon was fast to take it and she was left to grab a piece of the broken glass that cut her hand, Jessica winced.

They both stood up straight, with Taeyeon holding up the piece of photo, an unexplainable expression on her face -to say she's surprise is an understatement. She wasn't expecting this, how many surprises is in stored for her when her morning is just starting?

Taeyeon's eyes keeps on switching to Jessica's pale face and the picture in hand for a good sixty seconds- the photo was taken years ago, she'll never forget - prom night. The very same one Sunny gave her weeks after prom and she kept it tucked in the sleeve cover of her favorite book. She looked for it for quite some time after moving to the US, only to find out her favorite book wasn't included on the items shipped to her. She thought, maybe it's a sign to move on with the last bit of memory she wanted to keep was gone and there is nothing to remind her of Jessica.

But she didn't need a reminder though, Jessica's face is etched in her memory so clear in her mind. Her laughter that was music to her ears; Taeyeon swore she can sometimes hear them in the silence of the night. For so many years, Taeyeon tried to suppress the feeling and memories of her but it never worked. They might have lived apart on the other sides of the world, but the distance didn't help her run away, Taeyeon realizes.

"Y-you... Ah- h-how? Wha- why do y-you have this?". Taeyeon assumed her book is kept in her old room back in Jeonju, so why does Jessica have this picture? Was there a duplicate copy? Why would she have it displayed in her office? Why can't Jessica let her breathe and stop giving her mixed emotion? Taeyeon is confused, lost in her own thoughts.

But it couldn't compare to what Jessica is feeling. Surprise? Embarrassed? Bewildered? Nothing can compare at all. Questions run through her mind, unnamed feelings stirring inside her, and the feeling of embarrassment for getting caught. Caught with her secret and revealed to the person she wants to hide it from the most.

They were lost in the moment.

But the spell surrounding them when Jessica winced once again after she unconsciously balled her hand into a fist and felt the cut in her palm sting. Jessica is in pain due to the long cut on her palm and blood started to trickle down her wrist, pain showing on her face.

Taeyeon panics. Disoriented, she returned the photo on the table, and made way to Jessica, avoiding the shattered pieces of glasses on the floor.

"S-sica-ah you're hurt! Y-you a-ah. We should get you to the hospital quick!" With quivering hands, Taeyeon gently but firmly grabbed Jessica's injured hand, her right arm snaking around the woman's shoulders firmly holding onto her right shoulder and beckoning her to go.

They reached the elevator in record time with Jessica in trance. When the elevator dinged signaling they reached the ground floor. that is when Jessica came back to her senses.

Looking at her left, Taeyeon's worried face is what greeted her. Her gaze softens. Taeyeon cares for her, and it made Jessica's heart swell in delight never minding the long cut on her hand and the searing pain. If it takes her getting hurt to earn Taeyeon's utmost attention she doesn't mind being run over by a truck to keep Taeyeon by her side.

 

 

-

 

 

"Make sure you change the bandage at least twice a day Ms. Jung. Now you're free to go." The nurse said as she finished covering Jessica's cut and walked back to the nurses' station.

When Taeyeon rushed them to the nearest hospital, Jessica only lets herself get dragged around by the slightly smaller girl. Since it wasn't much like a life-threatening situation, they need no doctor for it and only had the nurse clean up and cover the wound.

Silence engulfed the two right after the nurse left. Taeyeon was standing on the side of the bed where Jessica was sitting at, while the latter is left fidgeting on the bed.

Taeyeon was the first one to break the silence. "Uhm, let's get going, Sica. Can you walk?" she asks voice laced with worry and she's ready to assist Jessica to stand having her hands supporting the girl's forearm and back.

And Jessica couldn't help but giggle that turned into a full blown laughter that earned her a frown. When she's had enough she lets Taeyeon assist her to stand up and after catching her breath says "Taengoo it's my hand that's hurt, not my feet." The nickname naturally left her lips.

Embarrassed, Taeyeon let's go to scratch the non-existent itch on her head, and Jessica giggled some more.

The two made their way to the exit where Jessica's assistant - Hyomin - is already waiting with a company car to take them back to the hotel.

 

Along the way, Taeyeon and Jessica bickers at the backseat and Hyomin silently giggled at the two, thinking how they sound like an old couple. She didn't know her boss and their LA representative knew each other- not just that but they seem so close to be talking so comfortably to the point of them bickering like it's a normal.

 

"Will you let go of that for a moment? Stop using your injured hand."

 

"It's kind of important besides it's only papers these are almost weightless."

 

While Jessica is holding an ipad on her left hand to check her emails and some reports on her right Taeyeon is sporting a scowl, she doesn't like how workaholic Jessica has become.

 

"Kind of you say, but I think not really." Taeyeon says as she snatches the files from Jessica's hand. "This can wait until we reach your office where you can place this on your table to read comfortably - not here inside a moving vehicle." She adds sternly and Jessica can only sigh.

Having her right hand free, Jessica switches her attention to her ipad and starts scrolling through her emails. Having noticed this, Taeyeon h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter