final; miles away

miles away

final; miles away

"I miss you."

Yoongi pouts slightly, looking at his boyfriend who was smiling widely on his handphone screen. It's been many months since Yoongi last seen his boyfriend and he wasn't sure how longer he could last like this. They've assured themselves that they could make the long distance relationship work, but Yoongi ends up not liking being too far away from his boyfriend.

But that's the thing about long distance relationships isn't it? It was to teach them how to treasure the time they can communicate with each other before one has to leave and to teach them how it feels like to miss someone and be miles away from them.

You should never take distance and time for granted. That's what both Yoongi and his boyfriend has learnt during the past few months. The far distance and lack of time for any communication only made the love and trust for each other grow.

Sure there had been times where either Yoongi or his boyfriend got worried if their relationship couldn't work out simply because they were away from each other for too damn long that feelings would end up fading. But they assured themselves that it would never happen, which is quite true in fact, since they love each other way too much. Plus, with technology these days, it's always possible to communicate even when you're miles away.

"Is it just me or are you pouting? Aw look at that. I wish I was there to pinch your cheeks," his boyfriend cooes through the other line, "you don't see the chic Min Yoongi pout everyday."

Yoongi then scowls at his boyfriend. Here he was telling him that he misses him, and he's practically only talking about not being able to see Yoongi pout often. Was that all he cared about?

"I'm not going to talk to you anymore, Jung Hoseok," Yoongi says in a threatening tone which only made the other chuckle softly at how adorable he was being instead.

They both know Yoongi can never, ever, hang up on Hoseok. Same goes to Hoseok. The time they spent skyping or texting each other was as precious as gem because they were both busy at either side of the ocean. It was hard really, to be in a long distance relationship.

But Hoseok has to work and earn money, even if that means he had to travel and be somewhere far away from Yoongi. But he understands that. After all the hard work and effort, they'd be able to cuddle and wake up to each other instead of an empty bed and it'll all pay off. They both know that.

"What? It's not like you show people your cute side all the time. You like to act cold towards them instead. But you're all warm and fluffy and that's what I love about you. And I miss you too, dearly, in fact."

This was one of the many reasons why Yoongi can never afford to fall out of love with Jung Hoseok. His words can make his insides melt instantly and Yoongi will never be able to stay mad at him. Hoseok has a way with his words, but it's all filled with sincerity and love. God, what did Yoongi ever do to deserve such a blessing in his life?

"I hate you for making me love you too much. Look what you've done to me. You've turned me into a softie!" Yoongi says, making some hand movements to make it an emphasis.

He does that everytime he tries to prove something, and Hoseok finds it adorable, really. Yoongi is adorable in so many ways but he acts as if he's some tough guy people should be scared of.

(But he's a shortie and he's way too adorable to be scared of.)

"You need to figure out whether you hate or love me. You're a little confused it seems. And you've always been a softie, what are you saying? You'd be mad at me for one second and when I start listing out the things I love about you and you'd already forgive me for any wrong doings I've done." Hoseok smiles cheekily and Yoongi has the urge to throw his phone away.

"Are you taking advantage of that?"

"Of course not. I'm just trying to prove to you that you've always been a softie when it comes to me. I'd never take advantage of your weaknesses."

Yoongi scrunches his nose, "Hoseok stop you're getting cheesy! I'm fighting the urge to cringe and look at these goosebumps."

Hoseok releases a hearty laugh and he wishes that he was there with Yoongi instead of being stuck at the other side of the ocean for another two to three months. 

"You love it anyway," Hoseok teases and wiggles his eyebrows. Yoongi pretends to gag and they end up spending the night laughing and saying all sorts of cringeworthy things that people would rather not know about until they regretfully have to go to bed for another busy day tomorrow.

 

 

 

"Leave me alone," Yoongi grunts, annoyed by the colleague that has been flirting with him throughout lunch break. The said colleague only ignores his words, like usual and it irked Yoongi.

"I said, leave me the alone."

Yoongi glares at the male that's been being such an annoyance to him and tries kicking the other's legs that is now tangled with his.

"Oh come on, how can you resist this?" His annoying colleague says, throwing him a wink at the same time and Yoongi almost shivers in disgust at the words that he had just said. So full of himself, Yoongi thinks. How can such people exist?

"I'm not interested! I have a boyfriend, how many goddamn times do I have to ing tell you til' it gets through that thick skull of yours?" 

Yoongi can feel his temper rising and he tries to think of Hoseok to calm himself like he always does at times like this. Now that he doesn't have Hoseok with him, it's harder to control his temper.

His colleague rolls his eyes (and Yoongi hopes it rolls to the back of his eye instead) and he refuses to believe that Yoongi has a boyfriend. Yoongi never talks about that boyfriend of his to his colleagues anyway, there's no proof that he has a boyfriend.

"You're lying aren't you? I've never seen your boyfriend around and I've never heard you talk about him anyway. So just stop lying and stop playing so hard to get."

Yoongi releases a frustrated groan and wonders just when the can this guy stop hitting on him and bothering him because he was this close to punching him and the only thing that is holding Yoongi back is the thought of Hoseok not liking it when he uses violence.

"I do have a boyfriend. He's just not in this country right now okay? And let my legs go damn it. Stop being a ing pain in the . Whatever your name is—leave me the alone," Yoongi emphasises on the last few words and glares at his colleague.

His colleague seems to continue refusing to believe that he has a boyfriend but untangles his leg from Yoongi's.

"I don't believe you until I see your boyfriend with my own eyes. Til' then, I'll be with you everywhere you go and it's Jimin by the way. Park Jimin. We'll be stuck with each other from now on," his colleague—now he knows as Jimin—finally takes his leave and Yoongi was finally able to eat his lunch in peace again. Only that he no longer has the appetite.

God, why did he have to deal with such people when he's trying to work and earn some money for himself? 

 

 

 

Yoongi could never stop thinking about how Jimin was hitting on him and his words kept continously replaying in his mind. He couldn't help but to feel a little guilty since he wasn't able to stop Jimin from flirting with him and Hoseok knows nothing about this. Yet. He'll tell Hoseok later on. Maybe.

Just thinking about being stuck with Jimin for another few months until Hoseok comes back was already enough for Yoongi to cry in desperation—because he needs Hoseok so bad and he misses him so ing much.

Yoongi ends up leaving his office and heads home with a sour face and in a terrible mood.

At times like this he wishes Hoseok was here to cheer him up instead and gives him a warm hug. That's all he needed; Hoseok's warm hugs.

 

 

 

Yoongi was far too distracted to even talk to Hoseok at the moment. Guilt and worry was all over his face and he was about to die out of frustration because of that stupid prick named Park Jimin.

"Yoongi, are you even listening to me right now?" Hoseok furrows his eyebrows in confusion because Yoongi was rarely ever this distracted when they were talking to each other. That's unless something was bugging him way too much (and it had to be something important because Yoongi usually doesn't let anything bother him too much).

Yoongi stops thinking about the prick and pays attention to Hoseok who's currently looking worried and Yoongi mentally slaps himself for making it obvious that he feels bothered right now.

"Sorry, what were you saying again?" Yoongi tries to give a sheepish smile so that Hoseok would forget about worrying. Well he hopes that it'd work.

"Don't try that on me. I know you too well, Yoongi. Tell me what's bothering you."

Yoongi hesitantly shakes his head, not wanting to pour everything to Hoseok. He didn't want Hoseok to feel the burden and he didn't want to ruin his mood. 

Hoseok softens and offers an assuring smile, one that makes Yoongi feel a little better and Yoongi mentally thanks his boyfriend for knowing that he needs a little assurance and comfort.

"It's just," Yoongi sighs, "there's this colleague of mine named Jimin who's been trying to hit on me and I'm just really bothered by it because I've told him that I have a boyfriend and he just refuses to believe me because he's never seen you. He's such a persistent little prick. I'm just so frustrated and I feel so bad, you know?"

Hoseok has been listening attentively and he couldn't deny that he was also annoyed by the fact that there was someone hitting on his Yoongi and not believing that he was already taken by someone.

"You don't have to feel bad, really. I hope you can endure just a little bit more though and I'll be back, promise. I'm almost done with everything here and I'll be back before you know it. As long as you know you love me and that I love you too, everything will be fine."

Yoongi tries to stop himself from tearing up at those words because God bless his parents for raising him up so well.

Because of Hoseok he was able to sleep well but still something was missing.

And it was Hoseok's presence.

 

 

 

Yoongi tries his best to ignore Jimin and his entire existence, only hoping for Hoseok to come back soon like he said he would.

Sometimes Jimin crosses the line by getting a little more touchy than he was supposed to and it's so hard not to punch the life out of him, really.

Yoongi spends his days counting until Hoseok comes back and he'd be anti-Jimin pretty soon. Most importantly, he misses his boyfriend.

 

 

 

"Yoongi hyung, I made you some hot chocolate. You should drink it before you leave since it's cold outside."

There goes the annoyingly high pitched voice (for a guy, he sounded more like a teenage girl) that Yoongi has to hear every single ing day.

Yoongi ignores him, yet again, and continues packing his stuff before heading home. However his efforts in trying to ignore Jimin had only gone to waste when Jimin starts poking his cheeks to get his attention—which he had successfully did.

Yoongi drinks the hot chocolate (completely forgetting that it is hot) and winces due to the burning throat.

"Happy? Now leave me alone," Yoongi manages to croak out.

He takes his things and heads out of his office, with Jimin tagging along—uninvited—until they leave the office building.

"Jimin, seriously, this will be the last time I'm going to be patient with you. Leave me alone before I punch the out of you until you forget what your ing name is."

"But Yoongi hyung—"

"Yoongi!" both heads turn to the direction of the voice that called out Yoongi's name. 

"Holy . Hoseok," Yoongi breathes out, unable to think about anything else (and to function).

The familiar male smiles at Yoongi until his eyes turn into crescents and hugs him, completely ignoring the other presence until he starts coughing to get their attention.

Yoongi rolls his eyes at how immature Jimin was being and he was so ing delighted that he won't be stuck with Jimin any longer.

"Way to ruin our perfect time," Yoongi scoffs.

"Excuse me, but who are you?"

Hoseok raises his eyebrows and gets a feeling that the other short male was probably Jimin, the one who has been hitting on his boyfriend and being a pain in the .

"I'm his boyfriend. Now my question would be, why are you hitting on someone who has been telling you that he's taken by someone else?"

(Meanwhile Yoongi was mentally fawning over how good looking his boyfriend has gotten over the past few months and his handphone screen did no justice to his looks.)

Jimin chokes on his spit, unable to process what was happening at the moment. Apparently, Yoongi's boyfriend was real and he was right infront of him, clearly looking unhappy. His cheeks were burning and turning into a crimson shade due to the embarrassment.

"I'm sorry. I just—I've never heard of you before so I thought that he was just playing hard to get you know? I'm really sorry," Jimin throws a sheepish grin and rubs the back of his neck.

"Damn right you're sorry," Yoongi mumbles after a long time of fawning (Hoseok looks so good he was sure they weren't going to sleep tonight).

 

 

After clearing up the 'misunderstandings', Hoseok drives Yoongi home this time, and they could never stop grinning like lovesick fools. Hoseok would occassionally steal kisses from Yoongi when the traffic light turns red and Yoongi blushes everytime he does that, and whines, asking him to stop doing it.

That pretty much sums up their cheesy relationship. It's just like that and it always will be.

"I love you. I missed you so much I thought I was about to die, I swear. It was so hard dealing with Jimin and dealing with the fact that you weren't here with me."

"I'm here now aren't I? And also, I think you should tell your boss you wouldn't be able to come to work tomorrow. Pretty sure you'd be sore all over when you wake up."

"You ing . You come back after months of being away and now you're going to make me think and get for later  when we're in the damn car and thirty minutes away from home?"

"I love you too."

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

 

I'm having a mental breakdown right now ㅠㅠ. I woke up in the middle of the damn night and I start writing and I regret it so much because now I have one hour left of sleep before school starts. I just..why am I doing this to myself?

 

Anyway, this fic is dedicated to skye who loves yoonseok and much as I love taegi. I hope you loved it, I sacrificed my sleep for this.

 

Comments are very much appreciated and encouraged. Upvotes and subscribes are loved.