Chapter 1

Of Balderdash and Purebloods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of green curtains and cream painted walls, lies an underling that subjects to the mysteries that lie on the other side of his palm. An individual of multitudes of attributes; attributes that contribute to infectious giggles and radiating happiness and glee. An individual that lead himself to dusty bookshelves and recent news articles in need to quench his insatiable thirst for knowledge.

“Kai,”

The name rings a bell in his head, as he goes by the calling; snapped out of his thoughts and pulled back into the realm he willingly made an escapade from. Said boy swallows. “Yeah?”

“Quidditch match on Thursday; 11am. You coming with?” His friend Sehun questions with a pint of curiosity in his eye. The infinity symbol engraved on the insides of his wrists is slightly peeking, despite him wearing the average Hogwarts pristine school uniform, buttoning the ends of its sleeves. Jongin stares blankly into the distance before fumbling with his words, muttering words along the lines of “yeah,” and “sure,”

It’s in the hours that seek the sun’s heat is when Jongin falls into step with his life consisting of building a future for himself whilst his other peers are out on the school compounds, laying in the grass; dandy limbs over infectious laughter; beads of sweat and fooling around like next week’s tests cease to exist. Curled fingers around a single pen he’s been using since the beginning of February, Jongin attempts to concentrate on his sheet of scattered Potions questions.

The starting point of Jongin’s excelling school records began with a single point in time. The mathematics cannot be comprehended like the beginning of the universe, but it seems pretty concerning in a spectator’s point of view. Ashy-hair has friends; but they never attempted to take an initiative to have any personal means of correlation with him.

In an event where one could open up his head to witness the pandemonium that lies within, they would come to one conclusion. He made others laugh with his ridiculous sense of humour and immaculate taste in alcohol.

Conclusion: Jongin is lonely, almost pathetically so.

Nevertheless, his feet still continue to scrape against asphalt; same can be in comparison to Jongin’s hard-wired brain. Like all of the stereotypical comments he received, Jongin’s prolonging lifespan had never exactly been the epitome of fun or adventure. A consistent pattern of a diligent boy holed up in his chambers for as long as the clock ticked.

He’s at it again; this time sprawled out in the common room for some peace and tranquillity. Abashed students find comfort in attempting to isolate him due to the fact he usually didn’t stay in the common room for long unless an inscription at the bottom of his to-do-list required him to do as such. Snickering, he hears from the three menacing second years whilst skimming through his Potions textbook.

Contrary to belief, the Ravenclaw house tries to seek help or rather advice from him. Having received an O in Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, History of Magic, Defence Against the Dark Arts and Herbology, Ravenclaws are currently facing a huge threat. His efforts have also gained him a number of house points; simply for the fact that he utters every answer before anyone else could make an attempt during a pop quiz.

Slytherin had never been competent in aspects of academics despite the rare few who usually ended up practicing their magic to diverge from what’s currently accepted in the Ministry. 

He hisses when he feels something prick the back of his neck.

“Kai,” he whips his head around only to encounter Hana; ringlets of brown hair cascading her shoulders, staring at him intently despite having pricked him slightly with a needle seconds before. “You need to get out of this dungeon.”

“How’d you get in here?” a sliver of panic runs through his voice; he abruptly stands from his previously crouched position on the floor. “You can’t be here, Hana. Aren’t you supposed to be in the Gryffindor common room?”

Hana seems unfazed as she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. Jongin takes heed of the books she’s latching onto with her right arm and wants to question her as to why she’s carrying around books that are two years in advance of what she’s currently mandated to learn but ignores it. “Everyone’s at the Quidditch field stargazing. Don’t know why,”

“What time is it?” he questions; the aching in his arms finally sinking in.

“Ignore the time. I just wanted to ask you a favour.” Jongin can already expect how persuasive Hana’s going to beco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter