The Prologue

10 [Released on 10/10/10 , 10:10 am KST]
The Prologue

Everything is white. The building, the walls, the door, the bed sheet, the pillows. Everything is white and empty. As empty as his heart. Yet, he never gives up. He will always wait. He doesn't really know how many days have passed, and he doesn't really care. He will close his eyes when he feels sleepy, and he will wake up when he feels like he needs to.

And right now at this moment, he is sleeping. The usual sleep he has been having since that day. Empty, sad, and dream-less. Nothing is beautiful. Nothing.

"Taemin,"

The skinny male woke up when he heard his name. Unluckily, the voice is not from the person he's been waiting for since three weeks ago. He is bad in hiding his expression, and the disappointment is clearly displayed on his face.

"I'm sorry I'm not him," Jinki replied upon seeing Taemin's face just now.

"No, it's not your fault, hyung," Taemin replied, feeling as guilty as ever.

"You should go home,"

"I'm alright," the younger male replied after awhile, clearly avoiding the conversation.

"Taemin, don’t be stubborn. You’ve been here for almost a week," Jinki said, looking worried.

"So what?" Taemin asked as he poured some mineral water into a glass. He's not really thirsty, but he thought Jinki would ignore him and leave him alone if he showed that he's not interested in the conversation.

"It's not good for your health. Go home. Now," Jinki said as he pushed the younger one out of the room. The room he spent most of his time in.

The slight push Jinki gave, however angered Taemin and he raised his voice.

"I don’t want to go anywhere!"

"For God’s sake, Taemin, you're no longer in school! You're 27!" Jinki is now annoyed too.

"So what if I'm 27? I don’t want to go anywhere, why is that so hard for you to understand, hyung? I want to be here when he opens his eyes!"

Jinki thought he should stop forcing Taemin when he saw that those beautiful eyes are now filled with tears. Taemin must really be in pain, watching his beloved bedridden, almost lifeless, since three weeks ago.

"I'm staying.." Taemin said once again, just in case Jinki didn’t get him.

"Taemin.." Jinki couldn't stand watching Taemin in pain, so he brought him into his arms. Taemin stayed there for a few seconds before quickly shoving Jinki away.

"Don't do that again.." he said. His tone is low but the sentence is so clear, it sounded like a warning to Jinki's ears.

"Taem.."

"I don’t want to repeat the same mistake.."

A couple of minutes passed, with both of them standing like statues, facing each other, but no words came out from their mouths. Every happy and painful moment came into their mind, displaying themselves one by one, and Jinki is feeling so uneasy he thought he should leave. Taemin, however is burdened by his guilt, he thinks he will collapse one day under the mountain of guilt, dying.

"I'm sorry to interrupt.." suddenly Minseok came in, holding a paper bag in his hands. Both Taemin and Jinki turned to him as soon as he steped into the room.

"I.. I have something to talk to with Taemin. In private," he said, and Jinki left the room to let both of them talk about whatever they needed to talk about. He's understanding, yes.

"What is it..?" Taemin asked as he walked over to the bed. There, lies the only prince of his heart. Since the accident, Taemin never gets to listen to his deep, romantic voice. Taemin never gets to see him playing soccer. Taemin never gets to see his big eyes, blinking in front of him. They've been together for almost ten years and Taemin is refusing to accept that his prince is now in a comma.

Minho is now in a comma.

He took Minho's hand in his, and he leans down to kiss him on his forehead.

"I miss you, hyung.." he said, faking a smile, as if Minho is watching him. He doesn't want Minho to see him sad, so faking a smile is the best he can do for now.

"This.. is for you," Minseok said while taking out a wooden box from the paper bag and placing it in front of Taemin. Taemin took the box and sat beside the sleeping Minho.

"What is this, hyung..?" he asked the only sibling of Minho. Minseok is older than Minho by a few years, and was the one who informed him the day that incident happened.

"Open it first,"

Taemin then opened the box slowly with his long fingers. Inside it, he saw letters. A number of letters.

"There are ten letters in the box," Minseok said, and Taemin counts all the letters one by one. Indeed, there are ten. He took them all out, and he saw different dates on each of the folded letters.

"One letter for you to read everyday for ten days in a row, until your tenth anniversary with my dongsaeng," Minseok said again. Taemin quickly looked for the last letter and he saw the date on top of it. October 10, 2020. Indeed, that is their tenth anniversary. His pale lips form a smile when he saw the date, and is more than proud his relationship with Minho will reach the tenth year in ten days. For a moment, he forgot his loneliness and sadness of having his beloved prince bedridden.

"But.. why? When did he.. " Taemin himself doesn’t know what to ask regarding the letters, the dates.. everything.

"He said he already explained everything in the first letter. You might want to start reading today," and after that, Minseok leaves the room after patting Taemin's shoulder.

Taemin wants to be alone at times like this, and as an older person, Minseok understood that.

Taemin takes out the first letter and he keeps the remaining nine back in the wooden box. He stares at the date on the folded letter; October 1st, 2020. It's today. He opened the letter slowly, and the very first line strikes his lonely heart, like a strike of lightning in the middle of a calm night. After three weeks without Minho, for the first time he feels his presence. He feels as if Minho is back, talking to him.


"Dear Taemin,"


to be continued..


Rambles
Annyeong, readers! Pynk is here with her new fic! First of all, I am so sorry for all the gramatical mistakes.. English is not my first laguage >< ..

Let's start spazzing! Why is the title '10'? I have three reasons.
1) I want to do something meaningful on this date, 10/10/10. We don't get these kind of dates everyday.
2) This is my 10th fanfic. I can't believe I write these much already XD.
3) The title suits the plot, right? We got triple 10 here ^^!

So yeah, the prologue is happening in 2020. Taemin is 27, and Minho is 29. Hard to imagine their looks at those age? I believe they are still good looking by that time judging on how good looking they are now ^^. But don't worry. 85% of this fic will be in flashbacks. So imagining their current looks while reading is RIGHT ^^!

This fic is dedicated to all shawols out there, especially 2min shippers.

And readers, don't just leave. I'd love to read your comment on this new fic of mine >< ..

Till the next update,
Pynkfaery